We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Roadmap for Q2

Comments

• BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 576
    Well, at least the new CM is being kept in line by the "more seasoned" BM...…….
    Its most likely due to the use of the Queen's english rather than the usual standard here. Keep up the good work Fuji! 
    I merely added the link to this thread, no other grammatical or spelling beasties were harmed in the editing of the message! :smile:
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 240Community Manager
    Well all there is left to say , is call a ambulance GGE you just shot yourself in the foot once more 

I do not know if i can believe your explanation why you cant do Royal Capitals , when you can do so many other things here.
    It is very much with a heavy heart that we decided to cancel the Royal Capitals. We didn't want to as we know you wanted these implemented. The Games Team deliberated over this for a long while and in the end there just wasn't a choice. Royal Capitals had to go. 
    When it came to redeveloping the Royal Capitals the work quickly spiralled out of control. What was estimated as a moderate task became an epic one and it wasn't going to stop growing. Every time we fixed one piece of code two more broke. This is due to it being poorly coded in the first place. While testing the feature we just kept finding things that had to be improved. We wanted this to be great, we wanted it to work perfectly and we wanted you to enjoy it wholeheartedly. So we kept on going and going and going. No matter what we did we just couldn't seem to turn the corner on this feature and in the end we had to make a decision: Do we start from the ground up with something new or continue to put out fires with the Royal Capitals? This was discussed and the answer quickly came into focus.
    We want to bring you an excellent feature for alliances. The best and quickest way to do that is to start from the ground up and work from there. Anything else would be a waste of time and resources. So the choice was clear, only one road forward existed and that was to start from scratch.
    What this eventual feature will be I can only guess. What I can promise is that it will be the best that we can do for you. When will we see it? I don't know but it won't be soon. Please be patient a little while longer
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 1,976INT1
    Thankyou for your elegant reply , but it begs the question why was it poorly coded in the first place.
    are the other events poorly coded like Royal Capitals
    why was it not stop and question , if poorly coded
    I only ask these questions because we pay hard earned money to play this game , but seem to have got a less than expected event which code was poor

I am far from being knowledgeable in this field , but there is one thing the public demands from your is your very best and when code is bad , why is there not fail safe for this sort of things, and we had for a few years excuses why we did not have the royal capital event yet the answer was staring you in the face for a few years.

That being said that you are now aware of bad code going forward and we are not expected to be caught in this type of event again ?

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,530
    I will translate the event didnt make much money so was sidelined, in the 2 years the event was out you could have re written it 50 times if there had been a real will to do it, but their in lies the reality, management didnt like the event thats why it was pulled and thats why it was never fixed assuming it was ever actually broken.

Why have you not updated the prizes in Thorn king? in blade coast? in underworld?  

a very very easy fix that even a first year apprentice programmer could do.  But nope there is no will why becasue back in the day those events were built ruby spend wasnt the only focus, so they no longer fit the criteria of a management approved event,

do you seriously think its acceptable to make your players a promise that an event would be brought back then 2 years later say sorry we couldnt fix it.   2 years!!!!!!!  hell i bet it didnt take that long to write the whole game in the first place and I imagine the team was 10x smaller at that time as well,

I realise you are just a spokesperson having to trot out the corporate line, but your company has taken many hundreds of millions of Euros from customers in the time the event has been away, customers you made promises to.  

Put bluntly its simply not good enough, its no where near good enough.

Berrimond has been broken even longer, the whole premise of the event is broken, the whole story of red vs blue a battle to find a victor.  Apart from there can no longer be a winner???

Can you explain how that even works?

Answer we dont care as long as people keep spending!

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,119GB1
    Having looked at the way the Kingdom's League has worked and Outer Realm's I feel that there may be some space to bring back the original alliance tournament.  I think something around grouping of alliances similar to how players are grouped based on Kingdoms League approach could work with some tweaks.  I'd limit the number of hits per player though as given the number of comms and unlimited number of troops some players have it would give some alliances too much of an advantage.  Best win percentage wins similar mechanic to SS calculation I'd of thought might work.  Worth considering.  Has to be better than the rotten pelts and soul stealing.  I'm motivated by having the chance to complete the achievement so do have an ulterior motive.  Judging by CG battle reports from their war with Odins and given defence available now it would be interesting to see where we are at even if just through a test event.  Players have floated some great ideas drawing on the best bits of the original Berimond and aspects of PVP.  You could even rotate alliance contests so it allows different alliance strengths to be reflected.  I personally like the idea of alliance nobilities.  What I wouldn't want to see is something that pushed really good loyal talented players in small alliances into one or two top to compete though so I think divisions would work in the way KL does to retain interest and involvement.  

I struggle to remember Royal Capitals but I didn't think it was particular well done or provided much for more than the top two or three alliances I think you can and believe you will do better than that.  The problem seems to me to be the length of time to make the decision it's too long just be more decisive, people won't like it and will let you know but provided the compensation is fair and the alternative presented gives better gameplay we will move on.  No pressure then...

I appreciated Underworld being brought back (please don't remove that before we can finish the achievements as we can't do that quickly given cooldown between hits) and I still hold out hope that the Alchemist and Barterer may at some stage make guest appearances for old time sake.  If Royal Capitals aren't there maybe there is space again for an old guy in need of some herbs... which sounds dodgier than it actually was.  

Interested to know more about how GGE designers are listening and which players / servers specifically they are listening to given some of the decisions made recently and lack of action on VPN.  A clear statement on VPN is missing from the Roadmap which frankly isn't enough of a diversion to remove it as an accident waiting to happen.  What specifically is GGE policy on this matter and what action has been taken to date to address clearly and repeatedly articulated player concerns and what action will be taken in the future.  Having spent years now clearly having lost to botters it would be nice not to have to spend any future time in game losing to VPN accounts.  If you can't do anything about them and I presume some players have legitimate reasons for utilising them then please review your policy and consult with us on an alternative we can all live with.  

Batten @ en 1
    The problem with the kingdoms league is that there is identical prizes for all players.

Put in context this means that the guy who wins his sunday league game playing for his local pub gains the same prize as the guy winning the champions league.

This means that a guy getting 1000 glory might get a better prize than a guy getting 40 million glory.  And I believe that cannot be right ever.

If you are going to split players into groups then thats fine I agree it gives every one a chance to compete at a level they have a chance in.  And increasing competition is a good thing.  however there should be divisions with different prize levels and there needs to be an incentive to try and increase your division so you have access to the better rewards.

At the moment the incentive is to become weaker get put in a weaker division then win your league by doing next to nothing, whilst laughing at the guys in the champions league who have to spend a fortune and play 24/7 only to get the same or less than you do by doing next to nothing.

There should always be an incentive for players to develop and become the best they can be by playing as hard as they can and performing to the best of their ability, and they should be rewarded for this progress.

The league system as it stands at the moment unfortunatly fails in this regard.  I helps keep everyone engaged yes, but unfortunatly does not encourage advancment in the game.  In fact it encourages the opposite.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 240Community Manager
    @Philt123 (GB1) I don't know what the design philosophy behind the feature was and continues to be. So I'm a bit hesitant to answer all the points here. I do like the idea for a progressive league system. Though with players coming and going as they wish it might be hard to implement a functioning system like that. How do you think it would work if players that do well the first time, skip the event when it rolls around again? 
    edited 03.04.2019
    Thats why the prizes need to be representitive  of the league you are in,  for example if you move to the league above the prize level should increase.  So that for example coming last in the league above would be a prize equal to winning the league below.

so there would be an incentive to move up, and a dis incentive to get demoted,  the key would be in making the prize levels fit, in just the same way in a football league, there is always an incentive to be promoted and to win, if you take the premier league for example, every team in the premier league even those finishing last will earn more money that those in the league below.   so its worth getting promoted even if you know the competition will be much greater and you may finish last, you will still earn greater rewards than if you stick in a lower league where its easy to win.  Thats why competition for promotion is always so fierce in these kinds of league.

It would also be a huge draw to keep playing to avoid relegation, knowing you will recieve lower prize levels if you dont play.  And surely thats the aim of any game to keep players active and engaged.

If a player is going to be away on holiday and cant play for example you could offer a Event freeze option, ie a ruby option to avoid relegation.  it would work in a similar way to buying castle protection.  BUT you would have to ensure that if you activate this protection you would not recieve any prizes for the event.  Otherwise it could be abused and you could just get yourself into a very high division, and then click freeze and keep collecting the prizes even for coming last, knowing you cant get relegated.  

Philt123 @ en 1
  • GGE you guys also have to o compensation on our rubies which we spent we spent rubies in lakhs we need those rubies back also
  • We have spent lakhs of our rubies we want that and also our resources back
  • ciscous (IT1)ciscous (IT1) Posts: 3,661IT1
    agree with @Philt123 (GB1) and @Batten (GB1)

and I add this question for moderator:
    nobody like other realms but GGS focuses on those as per announcement of the next changes
    instead of fixing old events that surely are better for the players and it would be enough to fix them

People do outer realms only for relic coins not for fun... if GGS don't give coins nobody do that event

If GGS listen the player can be fix the prizes of the older event and don't make events like outer realms but GGS don't listen!

• Bro i can find better developers that aren't even in 12th grade lmfao
    I think the bigger issues is not the one who programm it but who come up with it and think it is a good idea
    Herveus, I am a programmer, (not a game programmer), and in my case, I didn't add things that were not going to be liked very well, or that were not really necessary.  That being said, the higher ups in the community (usually either the brown noser in the company or in the case of the gaming world, the greedy owners), come up with the really out of this world options, that usually cost the players more money, which in turn makes more for the greedy owners, but makes a lot of players feel that they are being forgotten for the Ruby Whales.   Everything this company has done in the past 6 years has gone more and more towards the Ruby Players and less and less towards the other players.  And that is just a shame, because it is going to be (and has already started to be) the ruin of the game.  

It should be the programmer's job to explain to the higher-ups just why this particular idea either can't be done or should not be done.  But to do that the programmers have to have some backbone, which I don't see much evidence of.  

LadyThundara

Proud Member of The War Kings
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
    2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
    3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
    5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • Well all there is left to say , is call a ambulance GGE you just shot yourself in the foot once more 

I do not know if i can believe your explanation why you cant do Royal Capitals , when you can do so many other things here.
    It is very much with a heavy heart that we decided to cancel the Royal Capitals. We didn't want to as we know you wanted these implemented. The Games Team deliberated over this for a long while and in the end there just wasn't a choice. Royal Capitals had to go. 
    When it came to redeveloping the Royal Capitals the work quickly spiralled out of control. What was estimated as a moderate task became an epic one and it wasn't going to stop growing. Every time we fixed one piece of code two more broke. This is due to it being poorly coded in the first place. While testing the feature we just kept finding things that had to be improved. We wanted this to be great, we wanted it to work perfectly and we wanted you to enjoy it wholeheartedly. So we kept on going and going and going. No matter what we did we just couldn't seem to turn the corner on this feature and in the end we had to make a decision: Do we start from the ground up with something new or continue to put out fires with the Royal Capitals? This was discussed and the answer quickly came into focus.
    We want to bring you an excellent feature for alliances. The best and quickest way to do that is to start from the ground up and work from there. Anything else would be a waste of time and resources. So the choice was clear, only one road forward existed and that was to start from scratch.
    What this eventual feature will be I can only guess. What I can promise is that it will be the best that we can do for you. When will we see it? I don't know but it won't be soon. Please be patient a little while longer
    I have never seen an interest in the Royal Capitals from anyone but the Ruby Whales, which is par for the course with a lot of "new features" over the last 5-6 years.  Every new update, more and more players are leaving the game because they cannot compete with the larger alliances and the Ruby Whales.  With every new feature, the majority of the players have to give up their lives to get something out of the events and the Ruby Whales just go out and buy most everything and what they can't buy, they take from the little guy.  And this goes on and on and on, ad nauseum.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of The War Kings
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
    2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
    3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
    5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,119GB1
    The more elements are added to the game the more expensive the game becomes.  Whilst I think creating more events and activity for players was a good move in terms of splitting players resources across multiple events and creating more opportunities for different players to win but sadly what it has also meant is that a lot of players myself included have really been priced out in terms of being able to compete.  Shapeshifters is won by paying for tokens for example there is no skill in sending 32 troops at a castle and no narrative sense or connection to reality in that event compared to older narrative based events such as Blade Coast, Underworld or Thorn Kingdom which personally I preferred and no ability for players to create our own narrative as we did in the original Berimond.  It is easy to buy success but unfulfilling and unrewarding it answers no questions for me about how good a player I am or how skilled I am relatively.  I don't consider the guys winning on my server to be exceptionally talented I just view them as having spent more and rate them as less talented than their predecessors who achieved more with less.  Samurai is probably the only main event which is still relative inexpensive to play and compete in and it represents a welcome respite from the spend heavy events.  Changing that would be a shame for me and I'm not sure I want to continue to play when other options like the new Game of Thrones games exist which are more affordable and have a more balanced game set up and frankly better execution of the original features GGE has failed to develop.  The complete failure to enforce the rules over a prolonged period combined with an inability to compete isn't a great combination.  There is now only one player in my alliance who has been playing longer than me all of the other players have left.  GGE isn't really doing anything to encourage us to stay or to create a positive environment for us to play in why wouldn't we move somewhere else where the grass is actually a lot greener?
    Batten @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,242INT3
     why wouldn't we move somewhere else where the grass is actually a lot greener?
    Like HERE perhaps? 

Seems like is should be a completely different game...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

where ever i go after this game it wone be to another goodgame game thats for sure.  As no matter how good the game is or the idea is you know what the company is going to do to it!!

and I am not really understanding the royal cap comments, as for me that was about as near to a ruby free event as we have had in years,  It wasnt an individuals event simply an alliance event, and one that any player could beat any castle in the game, further to this it was an amazing source of kingdom res for all players ruby or non ruby.  giving all players the chance to advance their castles ruby free, something ruby whales dont need.

Also at least on the UK server it saw a number of new alliances winning the event, and normally events are shared between 1 or 2 alliances at most, the event was won in the last few mins with whichever alliance could strip the most points from each other.  There was defo an element of luck to the event as you had to gamble which alliances you were going to hit,  but there was also stratergy too which is somethign that has been sadly lackign in every new event, all events now are simply a matter of who can pile the most cash into an event for the longest, or who has the fastest bot. or can share their account so it can play 24 hrs a day.

But i certainly didnt see royal cap  it as being designed for ruby whales, thats for certain,

Honestly it wasnt my favourite event, but it did show a refreshign departure from the direction of travel the game has been showing before or after it.  It wasnt all about the ruby, it needed total allaince participation not just one or 2 whales.  It allowed most decent sized alliances to have a chance of winning in the last 5 min free for all.  And it offered great res giving all players the chance to catch up with the whales.  

My guess is it was binned simply BECAUSE it wasnt ruby foccused, and simply did not generate enough revenue for them.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,242INT3
    The suggestion of Empire:WW3 was tongue in cheek.  ;-)

As for the Royal Capital event, I enjoyed it as well.  Your points above are spot on.  

However, what I see from it was the birth of the Deco Events and the final result of the ShapeShifters.  As I was away when these started, I do not know what one came first.  However, the idea of simulated PvP that is anonymous, does not actually cost troops or tools, and steals "event currency" that can be saved up to purchase strong Commanders / Castilians, is exactly what we have now......and was PART of the Royal Capitol Event.  The annoying part about this is, the BEST parts of the RC Event, was the Alliance part (See Philt123's post above).  Of course, THAT is the part that was removed.

oh, and the Kingdom Res gain was MUCH appreciated as well.....so, it had to go too...…….. 
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 552AU1
    we have reports of bee hits being visible as to origin..I think its possible the guy/gal picked wrong icon but putting it out there for confirmation
    Shares @ au 1
  • bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 246NL1
    Well all there is left to say , is call a ambulance GGE you just shot yourself in the foot once more 

"Every time we fixed one piece of code two more broke. This is due to it being poorly coded in the first place"
    And I never pointed at that at support did I?
Sign In to comment.