We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

A message about popups

157»

Comments

• My third 100% Ruby offer is expiring in less than 13 minutes and Nomads in 5 hours, but still nothing but Nomad stuff in the offers.  Why on earth would I want 2 4 hour 75% increases, one for Rage and 1 for more Tokens when this event is ending very soon.  I want to see offers for the new event that is starting in a few hours. If you are going to continually pop these offers in front of my face, you should try updating them to the next event coming.  

Also, as others have said, less troops and useless items, and more boosts.  The current offer has no feathers to choose from.  If we can't buy these feathers anywhere, then they need to be in your offers.  Too many troops, too many elite tools that will run out very quickly and still Nomad, Nomad, Nomad.  WTF GGS?

LadyThundara

Proud Member of The War Kings
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
    2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
    3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
    5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • Okay, so now we have popup sales related to the WoR, however, who makes the decisions on what we want to buy? Where are the feathers and Glory boosts? I don't need another 2000 troops that I won't use Rubies to heal.  The 4 things that are 140 of each?  The only one I use is the blue shield.  The rest I have much better tools, that even add glory to my hits.  So how about some feathers (not just 40) and glory flags?

LadyThundara

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
    2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
    3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
    5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • And those messages about all the icons covering up my screen, here is a shot from yesterday, Sunday, at the Blade Coast.  How does GGS expect us to play and earn them money with all of this in our way on the screen.?  Is GGS trying to close the game out?  They got a better one they want us to play?  If so, they are doing a good job of making people want to quit.

LadyThundara

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 692NL1

and again gge knows how to increase the irritation level with those horrible pop-ups that come up in front of your chat screen, which means that you can no longer chat, which was previously possible.
    solution?
    make the pop-ups smaller, or prevent pop-ups from coming in front of the chat screen, also those from rewards etc so that people can just finish their conversation before looking at which rewards or offers they will not buy. I am well aware that it will not happen, but would like to play this game without irritation about pop-ups if that could happen
    flug @ nl 1
  • The Q2 Update Announcements says that a Spam Filter was added for the Pop-ups.  I wonder if GGE is going to tell us where to find this illusive "Spam Filter"?

LadyThundara

and still those terrible pop-ups wich pop-up in front of chatscreen it's no longer irritation. it's getting hatefull
    flug @ nl 1
    The Q2 Update Announcements says that a Spam Filter was added for the Pop-ups.  I wonder if GGE is going to tell us where to find this illusive "Spam Filter"?
    why should they?
    flug @ nl 1

568/5000
    You are currently a baker who is constantly pushing his bread under the nose of his customers hoping to sell more bread. Often it has the opposite effect. possible options are; just like in out-riding with a chest at the top right of the screen, or in the book just like, for example, the underworld where that man appears. Now those horrible pop-ups appear for chat screen or attack screen or defense screen which in turn means a negative game experience for the player of which there are already fewer of them
    flug @ nl 1
  • Wyrd (US1)Wyrd (US1) Posts: 5US1

* Main points in bold.

My Experience With The Pop-Ups

I usually only check in on a daily or bi-daily basis to do daily tasks, get some construction going, work in some quest progress, and retaliate if I've been attacked or sabotaged and whatnot. In a span of roughly 15-45 minutes, give or take if I stay on to do more one or two days in a week, I'm bombarded with a spree of pop-ups multiple times, giving me offers to buy rubies and get rewarded when I don't even have the money to buy rubies. (Though, on that note, I would if the store accepted Visa gift cards.)

My Solutions

Just have ONE box pop up upon each login showing the current offers. I'd also recommend replacing the stack of special offers in the center bottom of the screen with one Special Offers button that brings up the list of offers. (It would show a summary of each offer, and for more information, you could click on the image of the offer to open the full offer.)

I don't know about anyone else, but those stacks of clickable buttons along the bottom poke up into the middle of my screen, which I find quite bothersome and a poor UI choice. It'd be much preferred if they went along the bottom of the screen as opposed to stacking, or were simply all put on one screen with one button to navigate there, as I'm suggesting.

For those who like to know when there are new offers, you could either have a notification, such as with your messages, quest book, and daily tasks, to let you know when there are new offers available. If that's not good enough, then perhaps allow further pop-ups, but only for fresh-out-the-oven offers. Something else which would help is a setting allowing you to disable special offer pop-ups and, if my ideas are used, disable the new offer notification.

I feel this would reduce complaints about the pop-ups (which I've personally always had an issue with on my times playing Empire over the years) and would make the current system more intuitive for those who like knowing about offers.
  • GGE you've done it again, took something that was useable and viable and screwed it up, now in order to check mail or battle reports we have to open the Royal Depot and again click to open up the messages, dumb move when some days even a few seconds can be detrimental, communication is a MUST between players and you simply screwed up !! At least keep our mail message board in it's own single click icon. Move the Lost and found say over to the achievement icon
    Drackor @ usa 1
  • 2nd biotch point...80k coin to the alliance smitty just to complete our dailies, come on, at least give us a choice of a cheaper alternative, right now the alternative is 1800 rubies, greedy greedy GREEDY!!!
    Drackor @ usa 1

REALLY? have you really done anything about those pop-ups? the cons of the offers in the screen AND in mailbox so that we first have to delete 8 mails ?????? I now see you sitting at your desk and your players / customers just laughing. see what those fools are. GGE has completely lost its way
    flug @ nl 1
    is there even gonna be a solution for those crappy offers to offer them on a customer friendly way?????
    flug @ nl 1
  • bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 643NL1
    I don't understand all your problems, its a war game after all
    we fight to connect to the game
    we fight to stay connected
    we fight to get around the bugs
    we fight to do some sane things between the pop ups
    open the chat , 7 pops to be clicked away
    start typing in chat and before you are at the third letter
    7 popups to be clicked away.
    even when you login to look at your food supply you can see you are low but have to wait until all popups are loaded and then shoot, your troops starved
    its all fight and its a war game right?
    lets go play outside and enjoy the weather
    darn, its raining
Sign In to comment.