We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Roadmap for Q2

BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 576
The second quarter roadmap for the game is now released. I know many of you will be super sad about the announcement on the Royal Capital event, but the idea is it will be replaced with something of similar alliance interest and better mechanics, so keep your eyes peeled for further new announced events!

To pre-empt questions about Daimyo's, no we can't let on yet what exactly they will be, but you can always research where Daimyo's come from, look at what was added to the nomad event, and come up with your own educated guesses.

Beyond that, all your comments, feedback, suggestions, hate mail, love letters and other contributions gratefully appreciated, and as always the more constructive they are the better! :)

Happy hunting to all you Lords, Ladies and other fine warriors,
- Your Empire team
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• i was wondering why do ids in bird/protected id need support from alliance?
    shouldnt it be restricted, so no support can be sent to them:P
  • obviously, you do not see how useful people in pro mode are to have in an alliance. You can send your attackers to them as their support, which means if you get attacked while offline, you will not lose your attackers, provided you don't lose all your food in the process of the attack. SO, no, they don't need support, but that's not why support gets sent to them.
    Currently active on: Asia (level 70 LLvl 111) Currently Deputy of "The Wolves" alliance. On 2 month break from Asia Server.
    USA (level 70 LLvl 13) 
    Yes, I LIKE this game a lot. Yes, I'm serious. I will Defend GGE when I feel they are being given unnecessary Negative comments.
    Yes, I do state my opinions bluntly...so what?
    How about we all work to keep this game alive INSTEAD of calling them to shut it all down? 

• BlackDragon_mit (IN1)BlackDragon_mit (IN1) Posts: 11IN1
    edited 29.03.2019
    exactly and that`s why major multi accounting happens, as people are able to save troops just by going in the id and stationing them on a bird id

barely 5-10 people in the ally keep stationing the army to save the troops by going in other ids
  • maybe...but sometimes, if someone decides to stop playing, and they want to put their account to good use for a while until the rubies run out, they can go under the bird. Now, I know that most people may make multi's just for this purpose, and while i will say I don't approve of that, I still see people being under the bird as useful....if they were only going under by their choice and not making another account just so they can still play and yet still have a safe place for troops.
    Currently active on: Asia (level 70 LLvl 111) Currently Deputy of "The Wolves" alliance. On 2 month break from Asia Server.
    USA (level 70 LLvl 13) 
    Yes, I LIKE this game a lot. Yes, I'm serious. I will Defend GGE when I feel they are being given unnecessary Negative comments.
    Yes, I do state my opinions bluntly...so what?
    How about we all work to keep this game alive INSTEAD of calling them to shut it all down? 

• What to do with our 500k royal coints?....

What to do with our 70k premium royal coin cases?....

I will need compensation for it Goodgame empire......!!!!

• Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,923ASIA1
    For Royal Capital:
    we don't want a compensation but we need a totally refund on parity! 1 to 1!
    both as alliance resources and as individual tools

2 years of primises, many announces that the royal capital come back... now cancelled!
    It's patetic!

10k rubyes per 1000 tools, thats a good compensation to me
    ] - asia 1 / top 1 player - 2.3m power - 13.06.2019

• ciscous (IT1)ciscous (IT1) Posts: 3,674IT1
    Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) said:
    10k rubyes per 1000 tools, thats a good compensation to me
    If tools cost 20 rubies each you get 20k for 1000 tools, this is what GGS have to do!

I don't remember the exactly costs but I hope/think that anyone have a screen or somewhere on the forum

• Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) Posts: 238GB1
    Total and utter garbage, if you ever needed to see a company on completely the wrong path then your proof is right here.

You guys are so deluded you cant even see it, you even have the audacty to put in writing you are listening!!!!

Its just another chapter in the GGE saga of Broken promises and ruby grabs.

The reality is anything that cant be directly attributed to increased ruby sales is immediatly binned.  So all those events players have enjoyed over the years are simply sidelined if they dont generate enough rubies.  

But if you want constructive

• Additional Outer Realms scoring mechanics
      Following on from feedback from our players and looking at just how popular the Outer Realms have proven we will be focusing on bringing some new mechanics to the game.
    You totally screwed the outer relm scoring mechanism in the last change, it was garbage before but after was the most blatent ruby grab u have ever made, and you have made some shockers.  Trust me the outer relm isnt popular, most players really dislike it, especially after the last changes, you claim that the event is popular, well unless there is more that one outer relm and there is another really great relm and i just get sent to the really shitty one then its far far from popular, the ONLY reason people go there is for some relic items, and thats it.  95% of the people there go and are active for less than a day then their castles are dead for the duration of the event, with maybe a couple of thousand active players with a few ruby players at the top.  Given this is a worldwide multi server event, then your definition of popular is very very different to mine.

• Additional Relic Buildings (Outer Realms + Kingdom’s League)
      We’re going to add some new Relic Buildings to the current roster which currently contains our Relic Greenhouse, in order to provide you with more interesting options to have fun with.
    Ahh so there we have it the blackmail effect to force players to play an event they dont like to be able to progress with the bits of the game they do like.  Not good not good at all.  Now if you start to give  the tokens out in normal events then great I am all for new ways to improve my account, but until you sort the mess out I have zero interest in the outer relms, and i will become one of the 95% that enters the relm and sits there doing nothing and collects the rewards. 
    • Additional Outer Realms Global Effects
      New effects will include food consumption reduction. attack boost for units and a recruitment speed boost.
    Oh goody more updates to the event no one cares about.  And only goes for the relic bits, genius.
    • Invasion Add-on - Legion of the Daimyos 
      We will have an add-on which will be similar to what we did in the past to our Nomad Invasion with our Khan add-on. This will be called the Legion of the Daimyos.
    So thats why u stopped the attacks, hard to judge before you see it, at least its a change to an event people are actually interested in  Lets hope you make it a good one
    • Growing Ruby Bonus (Loyalty Bonus Subscr.)
      The Growing Ruby Bonus will give you a ruby bonus for each ruby package purchased in the Shop. The system will increase the percentage bonus value monthly, as long as the subscription is active.
    This is better a little more honestly in your ruby grabs, at last a little transparancy, this IS NOT an upgrade or an update though so why you put it in here i dont know, its simply a loyalty program for those who spend.  To try and get them to spend more.
    • We are currently investigating partnerships with new payment providers to make purchasing subscriptions more widely available.
    As above this is not an upgrade, you really must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if you have to put this as a key focus area for Q2, 

All i can say is Wow, you plan is that in the next 3 months your whole programming team will be taken up making a a few changes to the outer relm event (that 95% of people go there and sit and do nothing) to clone the kahn idea on the invasions, ie hit enough castles and annoy them enough and they will hit you back.  And to make a new ruby subscruption, and try to get more payment options.

I am guessing your development department has suffered some serious cutbacks, and now you are just left with an apprentivce programmer who goes to college 3 days a week, and only comes to the office to use the pool.  As there really doesnt seem to be a lot planned for 3 months work there.

All in all constuctivly you are backing the wrong horse here, you are spending all your time and effort flogging a dead horse, I like the relic ideas new building to upgrade etc, all good ideas, but I will be honest with you the outer relms is horrible, have you actually had any of your staff who play the game go over there and play it ?  If you havent i Reccomend they do, and then you will maybe understand why its not popular, and that its just full of inactive players everywhere you go.

Its more clear than ever that ruby spend is your only priority here not to make events that players enjoy playing, not to make sure current events rewards are kept up to date, not to find somethign that players actually enjoy playing and will come back for more of.  If you actually valued gameplay, enjoyment, competition, attracting new players, keeping older players.  Then you would change the way you think, and look at development and put these elements first, find a good enjoyable addictive competitive event, and find of ways to monetize that event without destroying its integrity.

Instead all your focus is on how we can extract the maximum amount of rubies from players regardless of its impact on the event or the integrity of the event or the game itself.

If you actually listened to customers, firstly you would not be binning the Royal capital event, lets be honest the ONLY reason you believe it needs a total re write to become the event you think it should be, is that it does not generate enough ruby for you, so regardless of the fact players wanted it to come back, regardless of the fact you have been promising it to come back, ok it wasnt perfect by any means, but it was somethign that could be enjoyed by all alliances, it was an event that could be won by most alliances not just the top couple who spend to win.  And in terms of participation numbers was probably one of the most popular events there has ever been in the game.  with many many hundreds of attacks being sent in the last 5 min scramble for points.

If you listend to players you would have increased storage as you promised them, no plans in Q2 i see.

If you listened to players you would have made a roadmap to address the serious inequalities in the game, you would have made announcemnts over bot usage, and bot bans, you would have made announcements over VPN usage, and multi account usage,  and you would have made announcments over the massive inequality in ruby prices that is currently being manipulated by VPN usage.

What this announcment proves is that your focus is in totally the wrong direction, you are trying to build a sky scraper adding new floors on top of new floors, when you forgot to lay a strong foundation, until you address the core issues within the game all you are doing building higher is meaning its going to crash down with a bigger bang.

The core issues are not going to go away with your very direct and very visible intervention, and i dont mean the odd ban here and there as you tried that for years and its not worked, not resetting the odd account that is reported to you whilst other slip through the net.   There needs to be one price to play the game, period, if you cant see from the players playing the VPN accounts that the cheaper the rubies doesnt mean the player will spend less, if you dropped the prices for all players I think you might be surprised at the results and find that the player spend increased no decreased.  You already have the data to prove this.  And it would clear up the inequality of pricing up overnight.  Then you just need to address the multi accounting issue.  an issue you have been afraid to tackle for years, but its not going away, and its getting worse.

This is not a problem that is going to go away, burrying your head in the sand is not going to get the job done, every month you ignore it more and more players leave the game, and it means there is another load more multis out there.

All in all very very dissapointing announcement the only ray of hope is the changes to the invasions, but even then its just the clone of an existing idea. 

100%  Agree 
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,600GB1
    edited 29.03.2019
    The second quarter roadmap for the game is now released. I know many of you will be super sad about the announcement on the Royal Capital event, but the idea is it will be replaced with something of similar alliance interest and better mechanics, so keep your eyes peeled for further new announced events!

To pre-empt questions about Daimyo's, no we can't let on yet what exactly they will be, but you can always research where Daimyo's come from, look at what was added to the nomad event, and come up with your own educated guesses.

Beyond that, all your comments, feedback, suggestions, hate mail, love letters and other contributions gratefully appreciated, and as always the more constructive they are the better! :)

Happy hunting to all you Lords, Ladies and other fine warriors,
    - Your Empire team

Is this a pre-made post from the developers or did you/someone else really write this?

"hate mail, love letters and other contributions" it seems like even the one who wrote this post is trying to make fun out of everyone here. 

We don't give negative feedback because we are negative/bad people, we give negative feedback because we simply cannot find anything positive in what we have read. If we find something that we don't think is healthy for the game or the players playing the game then we won't lie about it, instead we will give you guys our honest opinions about it. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Brian888 (US1)Brian888 (US1) Posts: 80US1
    Kidding right?? You guys have accomploshed nothing so faaar and oh..!!!! those postpones are making me vomit
    GGS is faaaar DEAD
  • 3 months of development and this is all that can be produced? You can't expect the player base to trust you if all we have is broken promises, vague pieces of new information and the 'ruby bonus' which isn't an update, and if it was it certainly doesn't add value to the game. 
  • Az3xGOD (INT1)Az3xGOD (INT1) Posts: 34INT1
    Bro i can find better developers that aren't even in 12th grade lmfao
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,020INT1
    Well all there is left to say , is call a ambulance GGE you just shot yourself in the foot once more 

I do not know if i can believe your explanation why you cant do Royal Capitals , when you can do so many other things here.

It seems the most wanted events you have created are the things you cant do , i dont know the mechanics of this game , but your not the first company to lie to your customers.

I like the game but you never address the elephant in the room multi accounts banned players playing shell accounts, VPN it is like you do not want to anything about this. yet i get crapped on every day by the above mention .

these are the thing foremost on your list to do and make statement every month you have displayed it once on banned player , a fraction of what is happening on GGE

I do not understand your motives in this game 

But i still continue just to have a laugh with my friend it is like GGE FACEBOOK  WHICH IS NICE
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
Sign In to comment.