We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

A Quick Open Letter/Suggestion to GGS

JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 767US1
I assume you're aware of the insane amount of problems and bugs arriving with every update (although honestly I haven't really experienced any major bugs??? But I've heard from other players that for some time, tons of bugs were appearing with each new update. Oh well)

Especially the whole slew of things that arrived with the long-anticipated HTML5 switch.

As a primarily puffin-based player, I would like to take a moment to thank you for leaving the flash version up, as I have been ignoring all the issues brought along with HTML5 by continuing to use the flash version.

THAT BEING SAID. Instead of introducing "new" events and mechanics and buildings, having to write the update two separate times (one for HTML5, one for flash), perhaps it'd be a worthwhile to concentrate all your energy on fixing the known issues with the HTML5 version.
As I understand it, the original goal of HTML5 version was to replace the aging, soon-to-be-defunct flash version. What we have been given does pretty much nothing to that effect, so when HTML5 version actually becomes a complete replacement, I'll stop boycotting it.
Discord: JYT#1574
Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.

Comments

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,684GB1
    edited 23.03.2019
    I believe that i've read somewhere that GGS have different groups of people working on different things at the same time. 
    So while one group is planning and laying the ground work for the next update, the other team next door are working on fixing bugs, while another team might be working on new art and drawings. 

Honestly, most of the larger game developers do this, if not all. 

I think stopping work on new updates is impossible if the company is structured this way, you could possibly halt/slow down the development but not shut it off. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 767US1
    Huh. News to me.
    Thank you for sharing this info Zenzer :smile:

Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
Sign In to comment.