We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: HTML5 Switch

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,861AU1
    The game works on my $5000+ on-a-secured-network with mondo memory computer at my job.

It's barely functional on my home computer. Lag is unbelievable and mouse jumps all over the screen.

If the requirements of this game include needing to own a gigantic mega-machine big-$$$$ computer, then so be it. Just tell us.  I have to wonder, however, if any of you even understand who your customer base is.

Very, very disappointed in you guys.

I spent 500€ on my pc 2 years ago and without any problems I can run gge even 4 times at the same time

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Blackflames you are repeating everything you said before and obviously did not "get" my point cuz you're so busy repeating everything you said before because you didn't "get" my point cuz you're so busy repeating everything you said before.......lololol

Did you even bother to read my post word for word ?  If you had, then you might have not responded by repeating yourself.

ohhh boy! ...lets just leave it alone...lol

"The Mind is one of the things that go first, and one never remembers what goes next "

~ Lone Oak

Blackflames you are repeating everything you said before and obviously did not "get" my point cuz you're so busy repeating everything you said before because you didn't "get" my point cuz you're so busy repeating everything you said before.......lololol

Did you even bother to read my post word for word ?  If you had, then you might have not responded by repeating yourself.

ohhh boy! ...lets just leave it alone...lol

you're so busy not reading his post he repeated what he said before which you seemed to have compeltly ignored and done so yet again

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 576AU1
    dont know if its an html issue but Vikings alliance on AU1 has 4 alliance cities (5 in alliance but 4 in ruins so thats prob why)
    Shares @ au 1
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575

WOW !! Amazing breakdown...thank you for taking the time to post all of this....its helpful to others that are experiencing the same frustrating issues!!

I didn't see a response from BM Fujiwara tho...lol :-P

That's because unless I miss my guess, this is someone I've been having long discord conversations with about it, and have already forwarded the issues into the HTML5 bug tracker ;)

I had just asked that they were here so centralised (and visible to other mods) rather than via private discord PM to me
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) Posts: 664AU1
    If a company providing a simple browser game is not capable of porting a game from HTML+flash to html5 without demanding the use of 8Gb Ram video-cards to accommodate their oversized footprint their coding is demanding. They should follow a decent course  in html5 coding or even better hire the skilled persons that are able and certified.
  • That's because unless I miss my guess, this is someone I've been having long discord conversations with about it, and have already forwarded the issues into the HTML5 bug tracker ;)

I had just asked that they were here so centralised (and visible to other mods) rather than via private discord PM to me
    makes a world of sense !

"The Mind is one of the things that go first, and one never remembers what goes next "

~ Lone Oak

• If a company providing a simple browser game is not capable of porting a game from HTML+flash to html5 without demanding the use of 8Gb Ram video-cards to accommodate their oversized footprint their coding is demanding. They should follow a decent course  in html5 coding or even better hire the skilled persons that are able and certified.
    html5 version on my end is taking ~500-1 gig of ram in comparison to the flash where i had gotten it over 6 gigs of ram consumed at some points. 
    blackflames @ usa 1
    If a company providing a simple browser game is not capable of porting a game from HTML+flash to html5 without demanding the use of 8Gb Ram video-cards to accommodate their oversized footprint their coding is demanding. They should follow a decent course  in html5 coding or even better hire the skilled persons that are able and certified.
    GGE is not a simply browser game, be it wether you enjoy the pieces of content or not, there is a lot of content and coding.
    @blackflames (US1)
    said for me it is also taking up only 700mb of ram and that is with gge open twice.

• bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) Posts: 664AU1
    @blackflames (US1)
    at my system its more the other way around, flash version  is taking ~0.500-1 gig of ram in comparison to the html5 where i had gotten it over 5 gigs of ram consumed crashing my browser.

@Herveus (AU1) it is a simple browser game no matter if I you enjoy the pieces of content or not, there is way to much  coding to translate flash content to html5 where is should be coded straight into html5, Format of the pictures should be looked at and the overhead of translating one way to display the content you like into the other, well, its impossible when not all bugs and obsolete parts of code are cleared first.Do you ever see that going to happen? A complete rewrite of this game what should be needed to get anywhere?

@blackflames (US1)
    at my system its more the other way around, flash version  is taking ~0.500-1 gig of ram in comparison to the html5 where i had gotten it over 5 gigs of ram consumed crashing my browser.

@Herveus (AU1) it is a simple browser game no matter if I you enjoy the pieces of content or not, there is way to much  coding to translate flash content to html5 where is should be coded straight into html5, Format of the pictures should be looked at and the overhead of translating one way to display the content you like into the other, well, its impossible when not all bugs and obsolete parts of code are cleared first.Do you ever see that going to happen? A complete rewrite of this game what should be needed to get anywhere?

If it is just a simple browser game reproduce any substantial part of it, if it is a simple browser game teaching yourself the knowhow for how to do that why not do it, I myself have coded a few things here and there and with all the things in the game I'd not say it's simple and writting something bug-free is unrealistic, it'd only be done in "safe-systems" like an atom powerplant, is this an atom powerplant? No. And the development of something like the programm for an atom powerplant requires different qualifications and also a lot more math to make sure it is safe no malefunctions etc.
    It is not a simple browser game.
    What my guess would bve why some bugs got carried over is a lack of comments and documentations of what part of the source code does what so someone working on it years later has no idea what the functions do, so clearing parts of the code that might be obsolete becomes difficult.

• Flash based app. is basically in similar category like Java. The app. is basically bytecode that run on a VM (ActionScript VM) which is what Flash Player is. Just like all other bytecode based app. the VM Engine provide garbage collector. So unless there is bug in the VM itself, there should NOT be any memory leak.

The FACT that the flash version of the game heap usage keep growing, it can only be happened on an application that is written by stupid developer. Any decent coder will be baffled how come a group of developer can create flash based up with ever growing heap usage.
  • Flash based app. is basically in similar category like Java. The app. is basically bytecode that run on a VM (ActionScript VM) which is what Flash Player is. Just like all other bytecode based app. the VM Engine provide garbage collector. So unless there is bug in the VM itself, there should NOT be any memory leak.

The FACT that the flash version of the game heap usage keep growing, it can only be happened on an application that is written by stupid developer. Any decent coder will be baffled how come a group of developer can create flash based up with ever growing heap usage.
    can i have a translation into simple terms - like others here i'm medically retired and on a severly limited income - so much so that for £150 of welding needed my car has not run for 5 months now - i get some saved up but then comes another bill !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,704GB1
    I can run the game just fine on a 4 year old unupgraded machine. Yes, it's a quite decent machine, but it's not the best or the newest, it's ok and gets the job done. At the same time i see posts about people not being able to run the game on machines that are far more superior compared to what i run. All of this sounds more like a software/OS type of problem than a hardware issue.

It's true that you cannot develop a game of this size and have it completely free of bugs. I'm sure there are no companies out there who would be able to do that without investing a big fortune into it. But what you can do is to at least eliminate the bugs that are on the surface and most noticeable, leaving only the bugs that are under the hood that no one will really notice or be bothered by. GGS have failed completely on this part. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 318GB1
    If this was freeware being developed by a kid in his bedroom and shared with his friends I'd say he's doing a great job of getting it on to HTML5.

For a professional company that was told by it's customers in beta that there was a severe problem with the quality of the product it seems a level of suicidal self delusion that is probably second only to UK MP's.

While the advice not to zoom because it only makes the graphics problems worse is fine, what isn;t is you've actually created the need to zoom so please can you prioritise making the issues that mean we need to zoom (e.g. much smaller areas we are expected to click that often seem to be blocked either by something lagging or other "interference"by objects moving close...for example a train of attacks....) go away 
  • jennyj (AU1)jennyj (AU1) Posts: 40AU1
    been reading blackflames posts and yes all of it
    firstly we are all not in the US so some of your theories for getting more money is useless and for you to assume players have access to all these wonderful things is naive at best and lady lizzyloo makes some valid and just points which you seem unable to understand so i am assuming you have all you want in life without the difficulties some face
    to some players this game is their social outlet as they cannot afford to go out and some cannot even get out the front door without someone to help them
    so before you pass judgement maybe take a walk in their shoes.. could be handicapped in some way.. illnesses which keep them home bound and some may have diminished learning capabilities and are probably already on the cheapest plans for expenses they can find because of a fixed income that does not allow for any extras.
    so to you i suggest you think before saying some of the things you said.. same for you herveus, you are also not really considering what some have to deal with in their daily lives
    and if this game gives them a social platform to chat with those who they have formed friendships with it's a good thing BUT NOT if gge continually implement things that don't work

jennyj @ au 1
  • Oh  man, I HATE this switch. SO SLOW. LAGS and screen freezes. Yes my puter is working optimal, no, it never acted this way before the switch. I barely play at all anymore. I check in quickly once or twice a day. Between the incessant pop ups and the painfully snail like pace that is now has, it is barely worth playing. I can't even move my screen without it getting stuck on something. What a shame. I used to enjoy the game. Now, I do not. Hay level 23 ......I won't make fun of you because you are low level. Level shouldn't matter. I feel ya. I'll just have to search for a new game to play.
  • blackflames (US1)blackflames (US1) Posts: 169US1
    edited 21.03.2019
    been reading blackflames posts and yes all of it
    firstly we are all not in the US so some of your theories for getting more money is useless and for you to assume players have access to all these wonderful things is naive at best and lady lizzyloo makes some valid and just points which you seem unable to understand so i am assuming you have all you want in life without the difficulties some face
    to some players this game is their social outlet as they cannot afford to go out and some cannot even get out the front door without someone to help them
    so before you pass judgement maybe take a walk in their shoes.. could be handicapped in some way.. illnesses which keep them home bound and some may have diminished learning capabilities and are probably already on the cheapest plans for expenses they can find because of a fixed income that does not allow for any extras.
    so to you i suggest you think before saying some of the things you said.. same for you herveus, you are also not really considering what some have to deal with in their daily lives
    and if this game gives them a social platform to chat with those who they have formed friendships with it's a good thing BUT NOT if gge continually implement things that don't work

So you are saying that if a person has access to the internet they have no way of improving themselves by using services readily available to them such as fiver where you post your skills and accept requests to be paid? Every person has a set of skills niche or not. As i have said in the previous post, the internet allows for easy access for anybody that can get onto it the ability to learn and acquire skills for the cheapest it has ever been. Will not help each individual person understand just how grand the internet can be for them.
    ----------
    here are a couple example of how a person can use the internet to better themselves financially -

A person that is interested in drawing with decent skills/novice level. Go to youtube and look up techniques and ways to improve while posting on sites your services which would be drawing a specific thing you are best at and as you learn more post the new skills acquired. People that see your work will be interested and if its the right price they will pay for a piece of it to be custom made for them. 

Drawing is only scratching the surface, cant physically draw or do not want to draw? Then there are other options such as tutoring a subject you are knowledgeable in. Researching the topics you are interested in then finding credible sources to obtain information from to confirm its accuracy. 

Something i see a fair amount starting to do is designing and selling shirts through a company they contact where they take a portion of profits while not hosting or doing much of anything except providing the templates for what they want it to look like. 

Creating websites for people, can be learned also from youtube and other websites online that you can then post and sell that service to companies. Can call local businesses that do not have a site or have an outdated one and offer to improve the design for a cost. This is a more advanced one but not by much in terms of how long it takes to learn. Would take the same amount of time to learn this as it does a subject for tutoring... but tutoring a subject has the pro of already learning the required information through your life so far so you dont need to put much more effort into learning whats already known.
    ----------
    from your post - 
     "could be handicapped in some way.. illnesses which keep them home bound "

to discuss this part, if a person is bound 100% to the bed and cannot do anything i would ask them why would they want to put the game above their own well being? At this point how would they even be able to play the game at all? this is too open ended with too many variables and ways to interpret. i find saying that a person that is unable to anything a bit mute as they should not be caring about a game. Ive known and had a few close friends or people around me pass and when they get to that true disabled state the last thing on their mind is wanting to play a game. However i cannot say much as there is not enough details to go off of and seems more like a ploy on emotions rather than a counter to the points i have previously stated and now expanded upon a bit more above in this post.

----------
    Any person that has access to the internet has near limitless opportunity if they are willing to put in the work and effort. If a person fails the first time at trying to make money, step back, evaluate the work that was done. After evaluating what was done try to find a different way to go about it or try again. Failure is a necessary step for success.

Lack of motivation ≠ helplessness
    If a person does not want to look for ways to better themselves financially when they are living on literal scraps then they have no right to complain. Every person has struggles in life, it just depends how one grows and overcomes them that matters. 

Ill leave this here as it seems its not being read... even though i bolded the important part. I am not blaming these people, it may or may not be their fault i honestly dont know as its a per person basis. - 
     If a person literally cannot amass 100 dollars extra by the time the games flash version is not supported they have a financial problem. Is it their fault? Cannot say, too many factors to consider and its a per person basis.

----------
    blackflames @ usa 1
  • been reading blackflames posts and yes all of it

THANK YOU !!! I couldn't have said it any better !
    Maybe some folk are gifted with things that other folks don't have...and that's fine !
    But to sit there and judge or make suggestions that are impossible for some to attain is just crass and ludicrous !

~ Lone Oak

• So you are saying that if a person has access to the internet they have no way of improving themselves by using services readily available to them such as fiver where you post your skills and accept requests to be paid? Every person has a set of skills niche or not. As i have said in the previous post, the internet allows for easy access for anybody that can get onto it the ability to learn and acquire skills for the cheapest it has ever been. Will not help each individual person understand just how grand the internet can be for them.
    ----------
    here are a couple example of how a person can use the internet to better themselves financially -

A person that is interested in drawing with decent skills/novice level. Go to youtube and look up techniques and ways to improve while posting on sites your services which would be drawing a specific thing you are best at and as you learn more post the new skills acquired. People that see your work will be interested and if its the right price they will pay for a piece of it to be custom made for them. 

Drawing is only scratching the surface, cant physically draw or do not want to draw? Then there are other options such as tutoring a subject you are knowledgeable in. Researching the topics you are interested in then finding credible sources to obtain information from to confirm its accuracy. 

Something i see a fair amount starting to do is designing and selling shirts through a company they contact where they take a portion of profits while not hosting or doing much of anything except providing the templates for what they want it to look like. 

Creating websites for people, can be learned also from youtube and other websites online that you can then post and sell that service to companies. Can call local businesses that do not have a site or have an outdated one and offer to improve the design for a cost. This is a more advanced one but not by much in terms of how long it takes to learn. Would take the same amount of time to learn this as it does a subject for tutoring... but tutoring a subject has the pro of already learning the required information through your life so far so you dont need to put much more effort into learning whats already known.
    ----------
    from your post - 
     "could be handicapped in some way.. illnesses which keep them home bound "

to discuss this part, if a person is bound 100% to the bed and cannot do anything i would ask them why would they want to put the game above their own well being? At this point how would they even be able to play the game at all? this is too open ended with too many variables and ways to interpret. i find saying that a person that is unable to anything a bit mute as they should not be caring about a game. Ive known and had a few close friends or people around me pass and when they get to that true disabled state the last thing on their mind is wanting to play a game. However i cannot say much as there is not enough details to go off of and seems more like a ploy on emotions rather than a counter to the points i have previously stated and now expanded upon a bit more above in this post.

----------
    Any person that has access to the internet has near limitless opportunity if they are willing to put in the work and effort. If a person fails the first time at trying to make money, step back, evaluate the work that was done. After evaluating what was done try to find a different way to go about it or try again. Failure is a necessary step for success.

Lack of motivation ≠ helplessness
    If a person does not want to look for ways to better themselves financially when they are living on literal scraps then they have no right to complain. Every person has struggles in life, it just depends how one grows and overcomes them that matters. 

Ill leave this here as it seems its not being read... even though i bolded the important part. I am not blaming these people, it may or may not be their fault i honestly dont know as its a per person basis. - 
     If a person literally cannot amass 100 dollars extra by the time the games flash version is not supported they have a financial problem. Is it their fault? Cannot say, too many factors to consider and its a per person basis.

----------

THIS ABOVE IS A PERFECTLY CRYSTAL CLEAR EXAMPLE OF A CRASS & LUDICROUS MINDSET !....smh...some people just don't get it. tsk,.tsk,.tsk,...  

~ Lone Oak

Sign In to comment.