We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Customer Service - Info about ban times

179»

Comments

• so its ok for an alliance to hit you 50 times cause they dont like you, but when you say something you get suspended?   wow...sounds like a bunch of politicians running this game..
    WARRIORCHRIS69 @ usa 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,924INT3
    so its ok for an alliance to hit you 50 times cause they dont like you, but when you say something you get suspended?   wow...sounds like a bunch of politicians running this game..
    Kinda………… it depends on who the Alliance is, and who you said that to...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• esa2 is banned? 
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    The account was the belief is generally that the player has returned in another account
    Batten @ en 1
  • There are inevitably lots of multis, bots and apps being used to gain a perceived advantage.

GGE have done little about it and historically have been well behind the curve on data privacy, harassment etc. Gender balance of the game likely tells a story here.

My solution is to play my game and not bother with competing with other players. After all, even if the above cheats were eradicated, in the end you can get well ahead by spending, yet in doing so you engage less in problem solving. It is the latter that provides much of the fun. Outers provides a good example. Players that buy cast and comm, a load of food and defenders, parking 6 k in a level 11 castle are going through the motions, but only gaining enjoyment from ownership. Players that squeeze the max out of what is available ar having a lot more fun.

As problem solving recedes into the distance, the game is less fun. That is the challenge for GGE and, apart form Outers, I see no changes that address this even in part.

To be fair GGE are between a rock and a hard place. They are a for-profit company, so changes will tend to max income, while not damaging gameplay to the extent of killing the game. A not-for-profit (still has to make a substantial surplus to invest, but money stays in the company, rather than going to shareholders) compnay would of course have taken teh game in very different directions.
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    I agree to a degree.  Where I disagree is that those players breaking the rules directly impacts on the ability of other players to have a positive experience and in many instances that is a deliberate attempt to prevent to ruin people's game experience beyond a game context.  They cheat we know they cheat they benefit from cheating to our detriment and GGE act way to late to make any action they take sufficient to redress or address the damage done.  Nobody is going to recommend to friends a game where they will have a poor experience because of both economic disadvantage and a competitive disadvantage resulting from the game managers failing to enforce the rules.  It's a bit like a 100m race where they let false starts go.  You might still win but more likely you don't.  And the complete lack of trust or respect between players and within the community creates a poisionous and unhealthy attmosphere.  There has to be a game to play and I personally don't see there is any more and I don't trust the majority of the players.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • Firstly, with all due respect to Angus who isn't at fault here, it's nice to know that you take this seriously enough to have a paid member of staff introduce this and be available to deal with our genuine concerns or worries arising from it.  It simply isn't appropriate to have a player advising other player on issues as complex as data protection, harassment and fraud.  He for a start would not be indemnified for any advice or guidance legal or otherwise he may be drawn to provide and unless you have a training programme we aren't aware of he isn't qualified to deal with these issues.  Moderators absolutely should not be in a position to try and answer questions in this area.  I'd expect to see a member of your legal or contract team not a volunteer whose put in the position of trying to defend something so paper thin.  It's frankly insulting. Do you care about this or not?  This statement looks like you really aren't that bothered.  

Just to clarify this has to be a statement of the current position rather than the promised update on the action you will be taking to tackle the widespread cheating.which blights the game.  If this is your response it is inadequate, insufficient and unacceptable.  You have had a significant proportion of time you know fully how important this is too players, how damaging failure to act effectively is for the game's credibility and for those individual players effected. This isn't even close to being good enough it's dismissive disrespectful and frankly embarrassingly inappropriate.

Firstly someone cheats for months gains a unfair competitive advantage, teaches their alliance colleagues and a number of other players how to cheat so they also gain a unfair competitive advantage, winning nobilities, events and tournaments at the expense of the rightful winners who played within the rules, and your response is to ban them for six hours when they are in all probability asleep, in work or at school.  Then having been warned they do it again you suspend them for 12 hours which just means they miss out on what half a days play which they can catch up.  Then eventually getting tough you take them out for a day.  That is frankly a joke as a disincentive.  I don't object to three strikes and your out but honestly the penalties are pathetic.  You need to make them meaningful the minimum suspension needs to be a week as a starting point seriously 6 hours do you also apologise for having to suspend them and send them a gift basket to make up for any hurt feelings.  Six hours is so so weak you may as well not bother.  Toughen up and be brave.  Reduce their food production, remove offers from them for a month, reduce recruitment speed, disable castellans, something anything that says cheat and you will not prosper.  If there are no meaningful consequences any punishment is not going to be effective you have to show you are serious.  Break or rules and we'll break your account for a bit.  Using a bot is not a casual chance choice it is a deliberate attempt to defraud other players and GGE how can we or you be okay with that.  I'm not why should you be.  Up the penalties and openly enforce them.  

"2. Multiaccounts and account sharing

Regularly we receive reports about multiaccount users and account sharing. Unfortunately there are cases where the situation is not clear and nothing can be done from Customer Service side. This is why our game teams are working hard on new features in the game to make multiaccounts and account sharing obsolete. We will let you know as soon as we have more info."  

This simply isn't good enough and we as a player base deserve better.  Lets be specific here you cannot deliver what you promise in your terms and conditions and consequently are in breach of the rules you set out for us and have been for some time.  You have in the paragraph above stated clearly that players myself included are reporting and have reported over a long period of time breaches of terms and conditions and game rules which you due to failings in your system - something we as players cannot control - routinely fail to act on to our detriment and to the detriment of the game.  You have now accepted that you are not able to address the issue in any other way than to redesign the game to make multi-accounts less effective.  Again no disincentive at all what you've just said is that all those people who have cheated have got away with it and it doesn't matter.  At the very least that's an apology for your abject failure.  You are a cutting edge technology company for goodness sake.  How are you not deeply humiliated and embarrassed.  Even football administrators manage yellow and red cards for disciplinary issues without to much trouble and they are inept on a good day shocking corrupt on most days.  If you can design a game that complicated how on earth can you not get something as basic as this right.  

I had started to get some confidence back and was starting to spend again if this paragraph isn't elaborated on that's over no way I am funding cheats and fraudsters.  Really really frustrating.  The accounts are named Bob1 Bob 2 Bob 3 through to Bob8 in some cases its that obvious seriously pay any player for a week and they could reduce multis by half I really don't understsand the issue employ members of your staff to monitor alliances who are perceived to be a problem surely undercover GGE players like mystery customers isn't that much of a stretch to ensure game integrity.  If you really wanted to address this you absolutely could do more.  You just aren't trying hard enough.  

I'd love you to prove me wrong. You just look like you are deliberately shielding and protecting the cheats.  The system as it is does not work and you need to change it.  You do not need to change the game you need to change the system for monitoring player behaviour and monitoring players let us help with that and work with you rather than working on this in isolation you cannot solve this without are support.  And we will get behind you if you do something meaningful and genuine.  Your approach seems to be to change the whole system to the detriment of the players who don't abuse it for a new system which likely just benefits further those who do who I don't doubt sit at the heart of the process.  

3.  Define Harassment this looks like you haven't a clue as what harassment actually involves, define the scope provide examples this is trite and gives no confidence you grasp the complexity, scope or impact of the issue.  This just isn't up to scratch for a modern company with so many service users.  And the punishment again fails to send any message other than harass someone go to bed get up in the morning and do it all over again no real harm done.  The consequences of this type of behaviour last a lot longer than six hours make the penalty meaningful.  "It's a war game" isn't an adequate excuse in real life and it shouldn't cut it here.  Do more.  

4. Not enough detail this is vague and doesn't differentiate between a problem beyond your control and a deliberate effort to defraud needs a rethink and more careful wording.  What is a chargeback for example your eight year old players will get that presumbaly?  

5.   I can see no justification for removing penalties for good behaviour.  They cheated that doesn't change the advantage they got from doing so didn't go away when they got caught.  They barely suffer compare to the players they cheated.  If you want them not to do it again make it a permanent record.  Nobody can complain if they break the rules.  They chose to do so and they no the risks.  I don't understand going lightly on them.  Why are you worried about offending cheats and liars.  They deserve to suffer and to be penalise.  If they made a mistake then they know it's a mistake and they won't do it again.  All they do is set up another account during the suspension which you can't track during a suspension and keep playing.  

In terms of banning accounts for safety we haven't forgetten RKKing having his super commander and castellan equipment sold out from his account hundreds of pounds gone and your response his fault you couldn't help him.  Yet the players responsible what happened to them exactly...The point is our accounts clearly aren't safe and we are still waiting for you to act decisively to protect us.  That is the single most important priority.  This annoucnement simply says you are still nowhere near even having a starting point.  

Deeply deeply disappointing and probably the single worst announcement you managed to make. 

That is a whole lot of shit bro. So pls keep ur smelly shit to yourself unless u r an employee of GGE which is unlikely
    You are quick to abuse @Batten [email protected]"Batten (GB1)" however, you are not giving any real alternatives or any of your insight into the problem of cheating in Empire. If you are reduced to ad hominem attacks, then there is no point in talking or even replying to you. However, I will add my two cents worth. There is a player who, in just over 2 days of Nomads, accumulated well over 10 million tablets. Is this humanely possible? Can it be done unless you are at the computer 24/7? I don't think it is and it would be upto you to do the calculations to show that it is possible. Further to that, I can get the image from that particular server and show you that he bragged about how many he got in 2 and a half days.
    Once a member of Crimson Guard, always a member of Crimson Guard!!! Long live Toe the Tyrant!!!
  • 2. Multiaccounts and account sharing

Regularly we receive reports about multiaccount users and account sharing. Unfortunately there are cases where the situation is not clear and nothing can be done from Customer Service side. This is why our game teams are working hard on new features in the game to make multiaccounts and account sharing obsolete. We will let you know as soon as we have more info. 

ggs destroys your own game so expensive it has become

• 2. Multiaccounts and account sharing

Regularly we receive reports about multiaccount users and account sharing. Unfortunately there are cases where the situation is not clear and nothing can be done from Customer Service side. This is why our game teams are working hard on new features in the game to make multiaccounts and account sharing obsolete. We will let you know as soon as we have more info. 

meaning??? if i login to my acct at the library, and then at my friends place that also plays, and then via my phone service, i will get suspended?

Probably not if you keep your logon details to yourself
    Marty Maurder @ en 1
  • i agree i just watched a player that was 100k in nomads behind me, in half an hour he was 200k ahead of me, how is this fair to those that are playing the game as it was meant to be?essentially what is being shown is that,you dont need to compete, just spend money and you will win, typical real world stuff in game. if you got money, you can uy your way to the top. and i dare anyone to argue that point.. you cant. it has been proven over and over..
    WARRIORCHRIS69 @ usa 1
  • i agree i just watched a player that was 100k in nomads behind me, in half an hour he was 200k ahead of me, how is this fair to those that are playing the game as it was meant to be?essentially what is being shown is that,you dont need to compete, just spend money and you will win, typical real world stuff in game. if you got money, you can uy your way to the top. and i dare anyone to argue that point.. you cant. it has been proven over and over..
    And there we have it ladies and gentlemen, a classic ruby whale crying because another ruby whale decided to overtake and it isn't fair. Try as I may @""WARRIORCHRIS69 (US1)" I have found it impossible to get 100k, even in a 7 day nomad event, knowing full well I don't spend my hard earned cash to defeat pixels. However, when you state that someone was "100k", behind you and then 30 minutes later he was 200k in front well, you spent as much money to gain advantage over other players and you were overtaken by someone who wanted an advantage over other players including yourself. Suffice to say, you are living proof of a player who tried to "buy their way to the top", and got overtook by a better player so, deal with it.
    Once a member of Crimson Guard, always a member of Crimson Guard!!! Long live Toe the Tyrant!!!
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,924INT3
    LegendaryKing73 (GB1) said:. 
    Suffice to say, you are living proof of a player who tried to "buy their way to the top", and got overtook by a better player so, deal with it.
    Close.  He was overtaken by a player willing to spend more...….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,729GB1
    forum_lp_trade_820x150dqjkpng

2. Multiaccounts and account sharing

Your Customer Service Team and Board Team

I have bumped this 2.5 year old thread.

2.5 years ago GGE committed to making multi obsolete not through banning as it was very difficult to actually prove, but by game design ie to redesign the game, to take away the advantages that could be abused by multis for example the way bonus's were offered etc so as to not give advantages to Multi accounters.

One of the first changes they did was to change the bonus structure to prevent the rotation of accounts to take advantage of the inactivity bonus (then called the loyalty bonus!!!)   This was in its own way fairly sucessful, and was intended to be the first step in this stratergy.

Now 2.5 years on and GGE have convieniently forgotton this commitment.  I have seen a message from support sent in the last day or so saying that yes their new bonus system did offer a significant advantage to multi accounters!!!!

And if any CM doesnt believe that I am happy to forward you a copy of it!!!   in private ofc so as not to breech any forum rules!!!!

So why the U turn?  Why do you believe you are any more in control of multis than you were back then?  as from what i see day in day out the same people are doing the same things as they have always done.

So if that is true why bring back an offer system that by your own admission can and does offer massive incentive to multi accounters? 
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • There is only one thing to do @Philt123 (GB1), just drop some names in game and then we'll see if they are multis or not. If they are multis, then they burn, simple as that, and I hope you are in agreement.
  • @Philt123 (GB1)  @LegendaryKing73 (GB1)  I'm sure if certain accounts were proved to be multi's as an alliance although quite small we would help if we could!
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • @Philt123 (GB1)  @LegendaryKing73 (GB1)  I'm sure if certain accounts were proved to be multi's as an alliance although quite small we would help if we could!
    Hi Dande!! Personally, if players are willing to waste real money on using one or more accounts, then let them do so. At the end of the day, I tried playing on the French server, UK server and also Outers at the same time and having more than 1 account to deal with is nigh on impossible.

However, the issue with multis, or should I say worse than that, are alliances that have keys to certain accounts. One thing I do know is that in my experience (whilst I was in The Dark Union with Lady M), I was offered a level 70 account with everything in it, and since they had a capital at the time, it was a real opportunity. However, I decided to tell her what I thought about it and left. This is where the most successful alliances are at, at the moment. They don't want any newb coming into their succesful alliance. However, should their scouts see a newb coming through with massive amounts of honour and a decent glory rank at say level 30, then you can bet that certain alliances i.e. BSK, TDU, Epicness, Crimson, TRT, The Praets would have the keys to accounts that were left to them by players no longer interested in the game. How many players have really upgraded their op8 food ops from scratch?

Believe me, all you have to do is look out for the telltale signs of multi-accounting/password sharing and you'll be able to find these players out and/or alliances too. If you are sure, then create a looting spreadsheet for 1 alliance per week and see the evolution of looting per player. After a certain moment, it will reveal itself.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,729GB1
    This is exactly the point it is mainstream everyone knows it.  GGE know it and have basically admitted so above, and admitted its very difficult to prove and therefore very difficult to ban.  or in other words GGE cant and dont unless the player is so blatent and makes no attempt to cover their tracks.

And I agree that it must be difficult to play more than one account I have had accounts on different servers as well and I couldnt really do it effectivly at least not flat out..

However lets say I have 5 accounts, I park 4 up in pro, and Play the 5th One.  So effectivly i am only playing one account at a time.  However I play them on rotation.  So one week every 5.  This allows me to play every acount having a 3-4 or 500% bonus for a whole week.  Not 30 mins like a normal prime.   I can then play that account at a much much higher level than i ever could normally i can pick exactly what offers I want when i want I am not having to buy an offer when it suits gge .  Buying equipment / winning prizes.  etc etc.  That way I have 5 top end accounts that are played at a very high level once every 5 weeks, and they are gaining things significantly cheaper than you could do without.   Add to this you share the account with a mate who does the night shift, and you effectivly have an uber high performing account that runs 24/7 in your alliance that is picking up prizes for fun and its doing it at a fraction of the cost that legit players can do it for.

So you have 5 very powerfull accounts in your alliance that have been built and upgraded for a fraction of the cost of everyone else, which can be rolled out and shared around in wars to significantly increase the firepower of your alliance, as you give "ringers" the keys temporalrily.

Add into the mix cheap rubies and that takes the thing to a whole new level.

And this is just what 1 player can do!!!!!

And GGE can deny it till they are blue in the face but its happening right now its almost certainly happening on your own servers.  And GGE are seemily powerless to stop it, becasue the same people have been doing it for many years.

So maybe now you will see why I am questining your decisions, to re instate the kind of bonus scheme, when you know it offers massive advantages to the multi accounts (by GGE's own admission)  when you really cannot control multis (by GGE's admission).

What other conclusion can one come to ?  other than you are knowinly encouraging multi accounting to pad your KPI's and you are doing it at the expense of the people tho play the game legitimatly.

If you know all the facts, you know what the outcome will be and you choose to do it anyway, its the only logical explanation.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • This is exactly the point it is mainstream everyone knows it.  GGE know it and have basically admitted so above, and admitted its very difficult to prove and therefore very difficult to ban.  or in other words GGE cant and dont unless the player is so blatent and makes no attempt to cover their tracks.

And I agree that it must be difficult to play more than one account I have had accounts on different servers as well and I couldnt really do it effectivly at least not flat out..

However lets say I have 5 accounts, I park 4 up in pro, and Play the 5th One.  So effectivly i am only playing one account at a time.  However I play them on rotation.  So one week every 5.  This allows me to play every acount having a 3-4 or 500% bonus for a whole week.  Not 30 mins like a normal prime.   I can then play that account at a much much higher level than i ever could normally i can pick exactly what offers I want when i want I am not having to buy an offer when it suits gge .  Buying equipment / winning prizes.  etc etc.  That way I have 5 top end accounts that are played at a very high level once every 5 weeks, and they are gaining things significantly cheaper than you could do without.   Add to this you share the account with a mate who does the night shift, and you effectivly have an uber high performing account that runs 24/7 in your alliance that is picking up prizes for fun and its doing it at a fraction of the cost that legit players can do it for.

So you have 5 very powerfull accounts in your alliance that have been built and upgraded for a fraction of the cost of everyone else, which can be rolled out and shared around in wars to significantly increase the firepower of your alliance, as you give "ringers" the keys temporalrily.

And GGE can deny it till they are blue in the face but its happening right now its almost certainly happening on your own servers.  And GGE are seemily powerless to stop it, becasue the same people have been doing it for many years.

So maybe now you will see why I am questining your decisions, to re instate the kind of bonus scheme, when you know it offers massive advantages to the multi accounts (by GGE's own admission)  when you really cannot control multis (by GGE's admission).

What other conclusion can one come to ?  other than you are knowinly encouraging multi accounting to pad your KPI's and you are doing it at the expense of the people tho play the game legitimatly.

If you know all the facts, you know what the outcome will be and you choose to do it anyway, its the only logical explanation.
    In that case, I suggest that those who are against multi-accounting, password sharing etc; we should create a in server task force, because until the multis are stopped and the password sharing stopped, it will simply continue. I am very proud to have restarted again and captured 3 op 8 foods from scratch and although they are not maxed out, they are mine and I worked hard for them. Giving accounts to other players just to keep the account alive because it is maxed out with everything a player could need is another pet hate.
  • LegendaryKing73 (GB1)LegendaryKing73 (GB1) Posts: 151GB1
    edited 06.12.2019
    This is exactly the point it is mainstream everyone knows it.  GGE know it and have basically admitted so above, and admitted its very difficult to prove and therefore very difficult to ban.  or in other words GGE cant and dont unless the player is so blatent and makes no attempt to cover their tracks.

Do you think this is a shell alliance @Philt123? There are a total of 16 members in this alliance, and having looked at the alliance scoreboard for the Samurais, not one player is on there. Here is the alliance:

http://prntscr.com/q7aa2p

Can you explain as to how so many members have actually logged into their accounts yet have done next to nothing, not even attacked a level 1 rbc? 

Sign In to comment.