We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Outer Realms - Third Iteration Improvements

Comments

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,818INT3

What I am trying to say is an arbitrary time is unfair to all players ruby and normal as some like me sleeping and some working so cant access the game in the crucial time. That is why I suggested an average points score for the day might be better..….

…..Yes they keep this game free for a lot of players and that's fine but GGE need to stop asking players is the game is fair..
    @Fordy (AU1) I DO agree with this.  I have the "unfair" advantage of the points being collected during the middle of the day for me, AND that I am typically working from home during this time.  Still, I get nailed multiple times right before the clock hits 0:00 dropping me hundreds of places for the day.  BUT - My overall rank is still top 5,000.  I don't spend a lot of time in there at this point in the "event", as most folks have given up, so I can ride my overall score fairly easily.  

For the rest of OR, I plan to check in each day, fire off a few hits just to keep in the top 10,000 for daily points score, and coast...…..
    Really good work GGE. After 6 years in the game i'm now very close to quitting. Perhaps is is for the best (for me).
    We all say that, and many of us DO leave for a while...….. but, keep coming back.  True definition of Insanity!  

How can you ever make a fair competition out of that??
    Did I miss the post where GGS stated that GGE was a "fair and honorable" game???

Never has been, and never will be...……..

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1

It’s a shame OR has deteriorated from a contest where multiple strategies were in play to one strategy hit everything around as frequently as you can pathetic, selfish and unnecessary development. The initial version was great you should have left it alone there were plenty of other broken game elements to fix. The bead stuff is artificial pvp it just is a huge turn off!

Batten @ en 1
  • It’s a shame OR has deteriorated from a contest where multiple strategies were in play to one strategy hit everything around as frequently as you can pathetic, selfish and unnecessary development. The initial version was great you should have left it alone there were plenty of other broken game elements to fix. The bead stuff is artificial pvp it just is a huge turn off!

there is a strategy - sort of - hit as many robbers as you can for coins to buy decent comms and casts  - then hit players in the hour before reset time - i'm in top 5k at mo nearly got  top 2.5 k but missed by 500 ish points  - so am top 5k overall at present !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,818INT3
    dandelion1958 (GB1) said:

there is a strategy - sort of - hit as many robbers as you can for coins to buy decent comms and casts  - then hit players in the hour before reset time - i'm in top 5k at mo nearly got  top 2.5 k but missed by 500 ish points  - so am top 5k overall at present !
    Welcome to the top 5k club!  I applaud your desire to get into top 2.5k, but those 500ish points are real tough to make up in the overall rankings.  Reaching top 2.5k in the daily only gets you 150 more points than those in 2501-5000th place.  The odds are low that any of those in the overall top 2.5k have stopped playing, or will be lower than 5000th.  With only 5 days left, you will need quite a few dominoes to fall exactly where you need them to.

I mentioned somewhere once before, that in the last OR I joined very late with the goal to place in top 10k.  I easily made it to that level, and kept building.  I learned a few tricks, and was getting top 2.5k scores for the last several days.  REALLY thought I could make it to top 5k level...….. actually ended in 5002nd place.  THAT was a kick...….. (I wont say where)

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• SlayerJames1 (GB1)SlayerJames1 (GB1) Posts: 4GB1
    edited 17.03.2019
    I just object to being seen as a puching bag for complete tools from other servers ( and tools from mine too) who have such little vision or excitment in their life, that they actually spend money on this part of the game!
    I wont be back next time!
    GGS, how about bringing back other events, such as the Royal Capital. Or here's another suggestion, bring back the luck pennies. What the hell am I taking about, these events don't bring GGS studios any revenue. I bet heads rolled there when they realised they had spend development time and money on things which OLNY made the game enjoyable, and did not actually bring any revenue in.
  • 2 days to go and got into the new rythmn - a bit late but my castellian at main has won 3/4 battles now so think i've got that bit right - just need to do this 3/4 more times so can build relic greenhouses everywhere !

PS could have done with a better set up to start - research tower upgraded possibly and 0 cooldown on robbers til lvl 15/20 - only just got mine to 15 and res. ok - starting with them at a higher level would cause issues with troops as need coins from early levels to build troops to attack higher levels etc.

was a totally different experience and really had to think about builds etc. last time i got level 35 and 1m might - this time am at 33 and 88k might so hard work looting from robbers but got there in the end  - looks like a top 5k finish as well :smile:
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,084INT1
    I stopped 3 days ago doing fairly well holding my own against level 70 plus, until 1 night i was stripped bare when i was asleep held 3 attack by a level 70 , but to no avail, i was attacked by 15 member of an alliance when i was asleep, after that there was no point in continuing

main thing is to hold enough troops you need a butt load of food , there was no food deals in  this outer realms unless you wanted to buy it

there are so many things wrong with this outer realms you are force to hit smaller player again and again, deals offered coins which have to be bought over and over, if you can be on when the points are awarded, you do have a massive advantage.

but i got what i needed this time to do updates , but on this format i will not go there again , fool me once my your fault , fool me twice my fault.

GGE you changed it so dramatically it is a joke 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • EU.Street_Dog (INT2)EU.Street_Dog (INT2) Posts: 253INT2
    edited 21.03.2019
    PLEASE PUT ALL REWARDS IN THE SHOP  I WANT TO BUY EVERYTHING . NO HAVE TIME TO DO SHIT THINGS
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) Posts: 70AU1
    There have been a lot of comments in here about it and some suggestions for it but so far nothing back from GGE, 

Even with all the problems its sort of refreshing from the relentless nomad bashing that seems to be the norm now..

But you ask for feedback GGE so reply to us that you are listening and will make adjustments...
  • in outer realms i got to the lv where i got the construction tokens and stayed there go above you dont get stay below you dont get many have done the same 
  • To piggyback on what stumpy said, I'd suggest adding a "this player's level is too low..." feature as in the souls/beads event, to prevent having heritage culled from considerably higher level players. I lost 20K being hit by three level 70s and I was only level 15.
    We simply need a penalty, as for honour - the code is there, just o-opt it, though it would make sense to widen it a bit. That way players hit players within a similar level range. This would likely mean fewer players leave the event.
  • Crom CruachCrom Cruach Posts: 811Community Manager
    There have been a lot of comments in here about it and some suggestions for it but so far nothing back from GGE, 

Even with all the problems its sort of refreshing from the relentless nomad bashing that seems to be the norm now..

But you ask for feedback GGE so reply to us that you are listening and will make adjustments...
    We will collate feedback this week. We are listening. Based on the feedback adjustments and amendments will be considered.
    Please tells us it not going to be like the last fiasco , total destruction time wasting 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
    What I can't do is make promises as to what the outcome of this might be, I'm not a Game Designer afterall. However we will raise the topics that we have found here and on our other platforms and make sure that it is at least considered.
  • bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) Posts: 635NL1
    our voices are even heard so much that I got suspended for my input of to many bugreports
    As if I would care to be blocked from a totally bugged up game
  • Today is the 5th. The next Outers is suppose to start the 9th. Information would be appreciated.

Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) Posts: 70AU1
    Damn I thought it was the 8th...lol
    But you are right we need info on new scoring system asap.
    Damn I thought it was the 8th...lol
    But you are right we need info on new scoring system asap.
    Information will be released later today on the scoring mechanism.
    Do you think, it will be like last time level 70 able to hit level 15 or wherever they can get points
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
Sign In to comment.