We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

How to save Goodgame empire!

Recently goodgame studios have done some pretty good updates. (kingdoms league and a few of the collector events for looks) However the game is till at a gradual decline. GGS could keep it the way they have it but there are a few other things that could make a turnaround on the decline.

#1 Re-add the Wishing well as rewards in events. This has been something that players have wanted back for a long time. They honestly should never have gotten removed in the first place.

#2 Revert the wheel of fortune change. This would allow players to actually get good rewards and levels. I didnt like how higher level players would spend hundreds of thousands of rubies to win the event but this would help the lower levels get some rewards.

#3 Makes unique events. We currently have some generic and grindy events. Samurai and nomad, attack the same camps win the same setup over and over and get points. Invasion events attack castles and get glory and never actually win because higher level players spend thousands of dollars to win.

#4 re-add the apprentice blacksmith. This would allow players to get good sets without spending thousands of rubies to get them.

#5 Finish fixing the events. We want that battle for the royal capital back it was a quite fun event that would make everyone happy. It was unique and thats what made it fun.

I know that these changes are changes that help the player not the wallet of the developers. Make games for the players not the wallet. That is how you get a good game in a empire.

Member of USA1 for 5 years TFT All the way man!
King clone

Comments

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,574GB1
    edited 06.03.2019

This game is beyond saving. The community has voiced its opinions for years now and 9/10 times they don't even consider the feedback we give them. Instead they continue to do their own thing and add more fuel to the fire.

Just look at the big HTML5 failure that just occured and has now managed to cause quite a lot of damage on the game. Have GGS not learnt anything from their previous failures or do they just not want to listen? The launch of HTML5 could have been a huge success if they had just taken its development more seriously instead of delivering a half finished product.

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• MaxMaxon (US1)MaxMaxon (US1) Posts: 88US1
    Zenzer is correct. We don't need more events. We need reliability and a willingness to complete a project, not just a slapdash piece of work. Neglecting mobile users is a huge mistake. Even if they are able to cobble together something down the road, I would think more people would have left by then. 

MaxMaxon: Totally agree 100%. This game must be a beta. I'm sure of it.
    Coolking4716: Beta, sadly, was 5 years ago, lol

I AM KAI!

New browser out: CROM! And if you don't like it...then da hell with you!

• paulyte (GB1)paulyte (GB1) Posts: 55GB1
    The game, even back a few years ago, was perfect. It was balanced, could be won by skill and not only wallets like now, and the community was better! Now, you have a lot less individual players, but more migrating players. I dont mind if theyre trying to freshen the game up to save it, but what they should be doing is updating their policy of how they treat players and look after them. Add all the new content you want, but people arent gonna stay long if you treat them like dirt and milk their money. Silly GGS :)
    ++ Proud member of an honest and genuine alliance, YOUNG UPRISING! ++

☨ A renown Teutonic knight of old ☨
    Beware all those who challenge the virtues of the mighty Teutonic Empire

"Helfen - Wehren - Heilen " Help - Defend - Heal" 
  • easily done -
    1) win lottery,
    2) buy the game (not the people) from the management company ,
    3) use the in game talent to solve issues like leaking information stacks etc. (loads of players here have stated that they have programming experience so why not utilise it ) :smiley:
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • posts like this r useless.

GGS know how to save gge already, they know exactly how: they've been told exact steps too many times.

They just wont.
    King The Torrent The Furious, 348k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.
  • This game is beyond saving. The community has voiced its opinions for years now and 9/10 times they don't even consider the feedback we give them. Instead they continue to do their own thing and add more fuel to the fire.

Just look at the big HTML5 failure that just occured and has now managed to cause quite a lot of damage on the game. Have GGS not learnt anything from their previous failures or do they just not want to listen? The launch of HTML5 could have been a huge success if they had just taken its development more seriously instead of delivering a half finished product.

give it a bit it will be ok soon I hope..

Member of USA1 for 5 years TFT All the way man!
    King clone
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 739US1

Recently goodgame studios have done some pretty good updates. (kingdoms league and a few of the collector events for looks) However the game is till at a gradual decline. GGS could keep it the way they have it but there are a few other things that could make a turnaround on the decline.

#1 Re-add the Wishing well as rewards in events. This has been something that players have wanted back for a long time. They honestly should never have gotten removed in the first place.

#2 Revert the wheel of fortune change. This would allow players to actually get good rewards and levels. I didnt like how higher level players would spend hundreds of thousands of rubies to win the event but this would help the lower levels get some rewards.

#3 Makes unique events. We currently have some generic and grindy events. Samurai and nomad, attack the same camps win the same setup over and over and get points. Invasion events attack castles and get glory and never actually win because higher level players spend thousands of dollars to win.

#4 re-add the apprentice blacksmith. This would allow players to get good sets without spending thousands of rubies to get them.

#5 Finish fixing the events. We want that battle for the royal capital back it was a quite fun event that would make everyone happy. It was unique and thats what made it fun.

I know that these changes are changes that help the player not the wallet of the developers. Make games for the players not the wallet. That is how you get a good game in a empire.

All this pro-f2p player stuff will need re-balancing, I think. Here's my take (from an f2p):

Lucky pennies were too easy to get. If they were to be re-introduced, only one per event, max. Or scatter them every 400 points or so in the LTPE. Rubies should still be hard to come by, so that GGS would still have a reliable source of income.

WOF needs to make the ticket thing more player-friendly. Firstly make the cost and amount you can buy/win match up (ie buy 60 instead of 50 or whatever it was so you can get a complete number of spins). Personally, I think 5 tickets per spin would have been a much better place to start than 3, but I wasn't in charge of GGS then. (Nor would I ever want to be)

Game doesn't need new events. Make beri invasion more common (2x a month sounds reasonable to me) and FFS BRING BACK ROYAL CAPITAL ALREADY IT'S BEEN LIKE 3 YEARS. I don't think a single thing was actually broken with blade coast/thorn king/underworld, GGS just pulled it because there wasn't much in it for them. New EQ there or some spicy PO would be appreciated, even if it isn't amazing. Just needs to be interesting imo.

Blacksmith would definitely be very appreciated, but I think the tokens need to be made a little pricier. Or maybe not, the sets are pretty outdated anyway (Tho that druid guards one would be nice to have another copy of, or put the invader into the blacksmith shop. I need like 3 more heroes and 2 more chestpieces lol). Anyway, I've wasted a ton of rubies on finishing sets at the equipment trader anyway, so even if it isn't reintroduced I wouldn't really care that much.
    ^^ this guy is a potato. imeanwot

Bring back royal capital, sounds good to me. No further comments on this point.

A short letter to the people in charge of GGS:
    Perhaps, if you made this game more worth playing, people would be more inclined to spend more money. Food for thought. Fix your mistakes. Even I might stop being f2p.

Sincerely,
    A die-hard f2p player.
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • To save this game I think a loaded gun/noose?
    overlord90098 @ en 1
    Level 70 non ruby-buyer 
    General of DEFA1
    RIP Rulermichael1 

Okay, listen, we should get our stories straight, alright? If anyone asks -- and no one's gonna ask, don't worry -- but if anyone asks, tell them as far as you know, the last time you checked, everyone looked pretty much alive. Alright? Not dead.

Nobody is going to space, mate!
    Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity. In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen, due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than 4% of poor people are able to do this.

"Starting now, if I'm honest, to wonder if you're doing all this screen-breaking on purpose. Beginning to actually take it personally. You know what I mean? Like, it's like an insult to me.""Ohh...! There goes another one. There goes another one. They're not inexpensive. I'd just like to point that out. Um, it seems... unfair, y'know, smashing screens. You could give them to people. Instead of smashing them, unscrew them and, and give them to like a homeless person, I don't know what a homeless person would do, but uh, you get my point. It just seems... and you can't unscrew them either, they're bolted in, but... auh, just stop it!!"
    "No, seriously. Do come back. Come back, please."
    "Okay, I've decided not to kill you. IF you come back."
    "Aw. Just thinking back to the old days when we were friends. Good old friends. Not enemies. And I'd say something like 'come back', and you'd be like 'no problem!' And you'd come back. What happened to those days?"
    "Can't help but notice you're not coming back. Which is disappointing."
    "Oo! I've got an idea!"
    "YES YES! IN YOUR FACE! I GOT YO-ah, nope."
    "Fine. Let the games begin."
  • just want to point out something about one of the op's points they made. namely, I'm talking about the blacksmith and bringing him back. The apprentice blacksmith was NEVER meant to be a permanent addition to the game. It was only brought to the game in response to the update where they put a cap on gems and around that time was when they also allowed gems to be removed for free, which was also never meant to be permanent, and they in fact said so when they first introduced both of those features.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in.
    Currently active on: Asia (level 70 LLvl 95) Currently a deputy of The "Merciless"
    USA (level 70 LLvl 8) (retired....) 
    Yes, I LIKE this game a lot. Yes, I'm serious. I will Defend GGE when I feel they are being given unnecessary Negative comments.
    Yes, I do state my opinions bluntly...so what?
    How about we all work to keep this game alive INSTEAD of calling them to shut it all down? 

• PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 300GB1
    edited 10.03.2019
    Save it?..... don't turn flash off until you sort problems with HTML.....   must be close to the point where there aren't enough people for it to be fun any more and when you get to that tipping point it won't matter how good the product is/could be developed to...everyone will have moved on.  I really hope they don't push us past that point!
  • M3RCY (INT1)M3RCY (INT1) Posts: 3
    edited 10.03.2019
    True PJH also another issue that I always hate is special offers. Seconds after logging in I have to click out from either 3 - 7 pop up offers every single time. They are more annoying than beneficial.
    Accounts I used in the past:
    tucker21 (Beginning of game - 2015)
    TuckTuck (2015 Late - 2018)
    M3RCY (2019 - Present)

One of the first players that ever started to play gge. I just don't comment much :)
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 300GB1
    the pop up offers i can almost stand (if it helps beat the battle against the bots and there really isn't any other way of doing ...but you'd have thought they'd figure one out by now given the harm its causing........) but what I can't stand is the sloppy implementations....... great ideas spoil't for want of a ha'porth of tar

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,162INT3
    edited 11.03.2019
     great ideas spoil't for want of a ha'porth of tar
    Just because I had to google it, I will place this here so others DON'T have to do it...…………

spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar

mainly BRITISH, OLD-FASHIONED
    If you spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar, you spoil a large or important piece of work completely because you refuse to spend a small amount of money on one aspect of it. 
    "I think it's a modest investment that is well worth making. You don't want to spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar."
    Note: `Ship' in this expression was originally `sheep'. A `ha'porth' is a `halfpenny's worth'; a halfpenny was a British coin of very low value. Shepherds used to put tar on their sheep's wounds and sores to protect them from flies, and it would be foolish to risk the sheep's health in order to save a small amount of money.

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Taggart (US1)Taggart (US1) Posts: 548US1
    You know...

THE 14 WILSONIAN POINTS TO FIX GGE
    by Taggart
    (note: most, but not all of these points may have to be conducted by GGS. The community as a whole has to work on a few of these points, for example 5.)
    1) Have GGS listen to the community and take in its suggestions at once.
    2) Make support available at all times; fire lazy/incompetent support workers and hire weekend staff.
    3) Stop making the game so repetitive. One's might right now depends on how many NPCs one can hit instead of one's strategy and cunning.
    4) Reintroduce fair and balanced PvP into the game, possibly by introducing mechanics that reward substantially for fairly combatting other players.
    5) Reduce the number of, or even get rid of, large alliance families that make most castles unhittable, instead increasing the number of independent medium-sized alliances.
    6) Massively reduce the gap between ruby buyers and non-ruby players.
    7) Further fix up the gap by reintroducing lucky pennies to event rewards for lots of effort, and reducing the amount of lucky pennies in ruby offers.
    8) Stop the anecdotal amount of ruby offers that pop up every 10 minutes.
    9) Stop spoonfeeding (especially new) players, instead make rewards only accessible through hard, but enjoyable work.
    10) Refurbish the forums to the heights they once were (about 2013-2015).
    11) Return events such as the Royal Tower, the Barterer and so on.
    12) Update events such as the Thorn King and Wheel of Fortune and make them yield worthy rewards for the effort that needs to be put in. Currently, the equipment sets and other rewards offered by the Thorn King are worthless, and an absurd amount of tickets needs to be spent in the WoF for an absurd award.
    13) Rebalance the legendary levels.
    14) Fix Goodgame Empire at once by 180'ing GGS' mindset at goddamn once! A great, fun, balanced game will yield handsome, great revenue!

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ US1. Level 50 Count Palatine, the Shieldcrusher, 120k MP, proud denier of buying rubies, proud member of Excalibur Echo, proud forum community member.
    Taggart @ Int3

I'm the Sandravlc from ye olde days. Been here since 2014...
    Frenemy of Graycat since 2015

• I believe GGS know what they need to do to fix their broken game they just don't commit.

I can only speak for USA1
    I found out about this game through ads back in late 2012. USA1 was in its early stages and growing rapidly and there was only 5 capitals at the time, highest level in the game was lvl 60, swords brothers were a thing, the barterer were a thing, armorer camp were there for a limited time, RV wars and wars in general was common. The only events that ran as far as i remember was Berimond and glory alliance tournaments (P vs P), there was no such thing of BCs/FLs, nomads, samurais, Storm Islands, construction yards, and there was no such thing of "No OP hits" no metropolis, KTs, Ice, sand and fire capitals. the highest glory title on the game was "the terrible" and Kings guards were top troops of the game that everyone was striving to get and maintain.  The gap between ruby players and non ruby buyers wasn't wide and i believe the game was in its prime in 2012-2013. If you wanted to be considered a top player all you had to do was loot rbcs and towers to get legendary equipments and forge it together to get 90/90s commanders and castellians and know how to tool your attacks/defense correctly. All it took was your willingness to learn, time, dedication and effort.

It was possible for a non ruby player to win pvp glory tournaments using all natty tools. I've never done it but i've seen some players accomplished it, you have to be crazy active to achieve that because they were competing against ruby players drill ground lvl 2 and drill instructors with feasts on. I also remember a non ruby player held a capital with the best 90/90 with good wall and moat Castilian, winning most of his battles, putting most ruby whales to shame on their conquest for a capital, that happened in the year when GGS won MMO award of the year.

I think what ruined the game was the fact players could buy god commanders, buy overpowered gems, fire Castilian, buying endless horrors glitch, horns less than 1 minute, too many KTs and GGS neglected pvp and focusing more on events. The game is extremely 1 sided in favor of ruby whales.

"I feel like a ghost, walking around unseen in the backdrops of these other happy lives"

Sign In to comment.