Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Outer Realms - Third Iteration Improvements

Comments

• jo145 (AU1)jo145 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 39
    you cant get stone timber coins for pvp what a joke
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,189
    they dont read or care what is said here outer realms is just for rubies players with the html5 now if i go to ourer realms and then come back it takes me to brand new player lol do they respond to emails no do the mods do anything no 
    Hmmmm……….

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575

BM Fujiwara

When the event is run in the Egyptian server

How can we upgrade barracks to level 9?

We do not get the items and building materials required from any other event

I wish the company to provide all events for all servers so that everyone can get the same services

We will not be able to progress further in this situation

Please equalize all events with all servers

To unblock the event of the external worlds from the Egyptian server

Is this still not working - you should be able to access it now. PM me if not and I'll chase it up.

In other news, I have been collecting and feeding back all of this. I'm totally aware how... interesting... the latest changes have made gameplay. Please remember to offer "what would make it better" whenever you post "why you don't like it", it makes it much easier for me to throw the feedback in, even though I'm quite happy making a few suggestions myself :)
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• @LegendaryLia7 (INT1)  @redfroggy (US1)

Sleep?  Offline?  For a single person they're both allowed, and expected.  The account must never be unattended.  That means multiple people playing it either via hot seating, or pw sharing.  Oh, that's against the TOS you say?  I'm sure the exception is in the microdot printing in the 34th 'i' of the TOS.
    Wdym lmao
  • congrats GGE you managed to make a game that you can only do well by spending money (outer realms) really lvl 50s etc hitting low level players what is the point good rewards but if it stays like this i will not be playing it again how about a having a limit to which higher lvl players can't hit'
     Does anyone who designs this game actually play the game i don't think so 

WELL DONE GGE
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Add into the equation the glitch giving out double points and many of the top players putting on millions of points overnight whilst at the same time other players including myself included not even being able being able to log into outer relms, and you really do have a fuster cluck.

Congrats GGE you really have outdone yourself on this one!
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Lemmy (INT2)Lemmy (INT2) INT2 Posts: 25
    Why anybody would pay any amount of money to succeed on anything that they know will go away forever in a couple weeks with barely anything in return for the effort is beyond my comprehension.....   SMH
    Lemmy -  International 2
  • Helix13 (US1)Helix13 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    I understand that this is a business and the goal for GGE is to make money but the latest iteration of the Outer Realm Even was a bad choice as it is not a fun experience for anyone that is not willing to dump a lot of money into the event. Even the whales in this game need other players to play against, to make it fun for them, and the game will die if those of us that dont spend hundreds or thousands of dollars a week leave. 

I thought this new point system, based on hitting other players might be fun when I heard what was going on with it and even put a few dollars down at the beginning to get a head start but I am not willing to dump a lot of money into a short term event that will be going away soon.

What this event has become is one where those with money level themselves up and then hit all the other players around them who cannot defend themselves, so that they can take their points away. I have even seen a player move into a spot so that they can clear out the points generated by players in that area. This not only keeps the low level player from having opportunity to improve because they are to busy using their resources to put out fires and replace troops. When a level 50 or even a level 70 player hits a level 20, there is no way to defend it. This system incentivizes this type of, what I consider bad behavior and makes the game less fun for everyone else and it is not an event that we can avoid because we need to go here to have a chance to get tablets. Also, unlike the normal game where being active can make up for not spending tons of money, there is nothing a person can do in this event except take the hits and know that all their work is being used for someone elses benefit, not their own. 

Ultimately I understand that spending money makes doing well in this game easier but one of the things I always liked about this game was that there were always other ways to succeed without spending big dollars, which this event does not do. I beg you to either get rid of the outer realm event or find a way to make the event more equitable for all. 
    Helix13 @ usa 1
    I understand that this is a business and the goal for GGE is to make money but the latest iteration of the Outer Realm Even was a bad choice as it is not a fun experience for anyone that is not willing to dump a lot of money into the event. Even the whales in this game need other players to play against, to make it fun for them, and the game will die if those of us that dont spend hundreds or thousands of dollars a week leave. 

I thought this new point system, based on hitting other players might be fun when I heard what was going on with it and even put a few dollars down at the beginning to get a head start but I am not willing to dump a lot of money into a short term event that will be going away soon.

What this event has become is one where those with money level themselves up and then hit all the other players around them who cannot defend themselves, so that they can take their points away. I have even seen a player move into a spot so that they can clear out the points generated by players in that area. This not only keeps the low level player from having opportunity to improve because they are to busy using their resources to put out fires and replace troops. When a level 50 or even a level 70 player hits a level 20, there is no way to defend it. This system incentivizes this type of, what I consider bad behavior and makes the game less fun for everyone else and it is not an event that we can avoid because we need to go here to have a chance to get tablets. Also, unlike the normal game where being active can make up for not spending tons of money, there is nothing a person can do in this event except take the hits and know that all their work is being used for someone elses benefit, not their own. 

Ultimately I understand that spending money makes doing well in this game easier but one of the things I always liked about this game was that there were always other ways to succeed without spending big dollars, which this event does not do. I beg you to either get rid of the outer realm event or find a way to make the event more equitable for all. 
    The low level accounts have low level fires.  If you DON'T treat this as a building event, you won't have to worry about any big fires. I got up to around 50k heritage points, and that got the big dogs attention.  I was hit about 6 - 10 times over a short amount of time.  Ended up with 3 fires?  took almost no resources and MAYBE I used one 5 min skip to put them out.  Sure, I lost my "troops" but all you need are macemen and crossbows.  Cheap and fast to get.  

Is if a FUN event?  Not really.  It is a grind like all the others.  I do hope to stay in my current rewards bracket.  (top 5000) THAT will make it worth it.  oh, and as always, I do not buy rubies.  

Just like ALL events on GGE.  Grind, grind, grind...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

• zaphod (US1)zaphod (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    Well done GGE allowing the day 1 lv 70 ruby whores the option to so bravely attack and take heritage points from players in the teens. Why do you insist on sending the pointless survey out asking us if we find the game fair when you pull this crap? Do Germans not have a word for fair in their language? Or do you not understand what it means? Maybe bracket off the lv's? Or maybe not, since it would only bring more glitches.
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) AU1 Posts: 229
    The easy fix is to implement the same system for reaper events, you can do it there so why not here. 10 levels should be the most anyone can attack down put that in place and it might be worth trying again...
    I as a level 20 was hit by a level 70 with 4 waves, how is that possible when you say you want it to be fair.
    Just when I thought you couldn't stuff it up anymore for those of us on this side of the world you prove me wrong...
    Now its 20% heritage taken for the next two days so there will surely be nothing left when I wake up and the daily points are handed out...  well done GGE for catering to your side of the world...

This was why I stated earlier the daily points should be done on your average heritage for the day not just an arbitrary time which suits half the world...
    The easy fix is to implement the same system for reaper events, you can do it there so why not here. 10 levels should be the most anyone can attack down put that in place and it might be worth trying again...
    I as a level 20 was hit by a level 70 with 4 waves, how is that possible when you say you want it to be fair.

Are we to believe that you have gathered these points by ONLY hitting Castles within 10 levels of yourself????  

UP or Down???

You are a stones throw away from top 2,500.  You are doing fine...…….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

edited 10.03.2019
    Mostly yes, maybe two times I went above my station but have been smashed by higher levels way more.. I wont go under 10 levels.

But since you have my details on show please do it when it counts when the actual ranking points are issued.

I have once managed to keep 60k heritage but most times its 20k or less..

And yes I am doing fine but its hard work...lol

EDIT
    I should also have mentioned that I get 150k heritage most days and was ranked 2230 the day before this 20% booster. I knew it would have an instant effect and it did like your post shows.. The players around me who are easily 10 levels up and down can vouch for this as we hit each other everyday, But I am the mug missing out on the rankings...lol

Just now and I will post again after the ranking points are done

http://prntscr.com/mvsgqn
    Post edited by Fordy (AU1) on
  • @Wasso (INT3)   fires aren't the point if I spend my time "grinding" and a level 70 can hit me why bother?  there is no balance when a level 70 can hit a level 15.

And yes I am doing fine but its hard work...lol

THIS is my point.  For those of us who do not buy rubies, it will always be a grind.  Yes, "hard work".  The ONLY way those others have reached level 70, is buy buying rubies.  That DOES give them the advantage.  That is how the game is designed.  If YOU want that advantage, buy the rubies!  (That is the GGS mantra, after all)  Think about it, why would the Ruby Whales buy the advantage, if all they get is the privilege of hitting other Ruby Whales???? 

Yes, the non-buyer IS a 2nd Class Citizen.  (maybe 3rd or 4th class actually...….)

@Wasso (INT3)   fires aren't the point if I spend my time "grinding" and a level 70 can hit me why bother?  there is no balance when a level 70 can hit a level 15.

Because it is easy to put those small fires out, and get back to hitting others.  Develop yourself just to level 16, and you can keep your troops in the OP.  There is NO Heritage loss/gain for an OP hit.  They are fairly rare in this event.  Even if YOU don't have an OP, your Alliance should have at least one where you can store them for the night.  You will lose Heritage for the hit on your main, yes.  But, then you build it back up as @Fordy (AU1) demonstrates so well.  You can even defend if you want against the other small / mid-range players.  Buying some coin defense troops isn't very costly.  

For the casual player, they could get the 25k-50k rewards without much effort.  That still gives 1/2 the construction tokens needed to build a Relic Greenhouse.  Put in a LITTLE effort and the 10k-25k range is in reach for enough tokens to build one.  If you grind it out, depending on your willingness, 2.5k - 5k, or 5k-10k is where you can get to.  Anything above those levels, would likely require either incredible dedication, or ruby purchases.....or both. ;)  

Let's look at the rewards as well.  The difference from 501st place to 10,000th is: 150po/150M (Goddess of Nature),  Negligible Catalyst (See my posts on the Fusion Forge), 140 build & 1200 upgrade tokens.  Ok, so those last two are worth one Greenhouse, it is true.  But, that is the ONLY difference for FOUR reward levels and 9,500 positions.  

Those who just ENTER the event and have SOME Heritage just to get on the board, still get the "Participation Awards" through 124,000th place.  Currently there are somewhere around 71,000 players.  Everyone get a prize! 

tl/dr: Those who BUY Rubies, are indeed BUYING the advantage and the win.  This is what GGS wants, and what they get.  

Never forget, this game is NOT here for our enjoyment.  It is here to make GGS money.  Our enjoying the game only helps them if we buy Rubies...………..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

edited 11.03.2019

But since you have my details on show please do it when it counts when the actual ranking points are issued.

I have once managed to keep 60k heritage but most times its 20k or less..

EDIT
    I should also have mentioned that I get 150k heritage most days and was ranked 2230 the day before this 20% booster. 

Just now and I will post again after the ranking points are done

http://prntscr.com/mvsgqn
    Yeah, you got hammered again.

Clearly, there are some folks in your neighborhood who know you are active and a rich source of points.  Not much you can do, other than accept your place in top 5,000 instead of top 2,500 and throttle back the effort to enjoy your main game - OR buy rubies to get an upgrade on your defenses.  I doubt even moving your Main Castle would help.  Those who have been hitting you, clearly have your name on "speed dial".   Look at this from the positive, you are good enough that the big dogs see you as a good farm!  :D 

At least the difference from top 2,500 to top 5,000 is only a small amount of PO/Might on the Goddess and 40 build / 200 upgrade tokens.  (and the worthless catalyst)  Not sure those are worth the headache...…..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Sorry bit late with the reply busy day, the whole point of my post and of this thread if for GGE to get info to make it better and by us giving them the solutions (even though they are the ones being paid).
    Today I had to get up early for an appt so I ws able to send 2 hits right before the points were issued so what you have shown is not what would have been there,

http://prntscr.com/mw29dn

That is where I would have been and that is 200 ranking points lower.
    What I am trying to say is an arbitrary time is unfair to all players ruby and normal as some like me sleeping and some working so cant access the game in the crucial time. That is why I suggested an average points score for the day might be better. There may be a better suggestion out there but lets hope GGE do something or at the very least acknowledge it.
    As far as buying rubies and defence that's not going to stop high levels with vet horrors hitting us. That is why all the points are at the very top with the same high level spenders (as someone else already pointed out). Yes they keep this game free for a lot of players and that's fine but GGE need to stop asking players is the game is fair..
  • Aloq (SKN1)Aloq (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 30
    The event sucks as it is now. It's not even an real event. It's a buy my rank event. It's completely meaningless to try to gather points, as soon as you do that there comes an ruby player 50+ levels above and just takes you back 2 days again. So whats the point in even trying? I for sure won't spend a dime more on the event if nothing changes.
    I started getting hit by lvl 70+ players when i was lvl 17. There's absolutely nothing i can do about it, other than spend LOTS of money. No, next round i will for sure spend nothing. Only enter, and do some little every day to get what i happen to get for free. If i even bother with that.
    This is by far the worst "iteration" of this event. Completely meaningless and utterly boring. Makes me sick to even be in there. And i wonder, when there is only like a few hundred in there paying, and everyone else is lvl 11 and don't play at all, how fun will they think it is then?
    My last little interrest in the game is close to dying completely. The updates suck. The events suck, or at least the rewards in them, PVP is dead.  HTML5 is a complete disaster, and now Outer Realms is a joke on top of that. Really good work GGE. After 6 years in the game i'm now very close to quitting. Perhaps is is for the best (for me).
    Aloq @ skn 1
Sign In to comment.