Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: HTML5 Switch

Comments

• TK07 (SKN1)TK07 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 27

I will use Flash version.

Tried HTML5 in Edge, Explorer, Crome and Firefox, it runs but very slow and laggy

• if you could let me have a link i'd like to see these p/c 's in uk only get stuff in £100's so $100 is about £60 and probably could find that 😁

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • TK07 (SKN1)TK07 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 27
    edited 06.03.2019

Same happend to me Del Diablo

• frank1 (IN1)frank1 (IN1) Posts: 7
    edited 06.03.2019

This idea was good of not having to update and download flash but seriously its worse.

PLs change it back to flash.

I lost interest in playing the game i will even play stick man games.

Flash was better as it did not lag and the graphics was good.

• bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    edited 06.03.2019

back to flash

html5 is not playable

loading incomplete windows and hangs crashes about every 10 minutes

when good games have the smart idea to end the flash site and html5 is not repaired, its end op empire for me

• Nogrod (GB1)Nogrod (GB1) GB1 Posts: 29

I have had zero problems with the changeover to HTML5 using the Chrome browser on a desktop. Cant say the same for a number of my alliance members though who are having the same problems as described in this thread. I am not 100% positive on this, but is appears that most who are having problems are using laptops, notebooks or tablets and at least one is using an Apple laptop.

Nogrod @ en 1
  • System is super slow, sluggish and unreliable. Locks up regularly and requires me to close the window and log back in.

Player survey received but system now says that I am "Unable to open due to invalid characters in text"...so much for my opinion.

Khan dHar @ usa 1
  • MaxMaxon (US1)MaxMaxon (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    Really it's extremely easy. If GGE can't come up with a better solution and also make it easy to use on a mobile device then vote with your feet. I might be a little miffed about losing everything (and more importantly the friends you make here) but ii is just a game. Just easy to walk away and not deal with the headaches. Like I say, I come here to relax but if they make it a burden to play, then count me out. 

You want to know what is going on at support? Oh, yeah. Send an email to xyzxyz and then have them tell you an email address to ask for a phone number so you can get an address for international mail to Mars. Once Elon Musk finally lands on Mars they'll tell you where to go in the Andromeda Galaxy to ask extraterrestrial intelligence what GGE support is truly doing because nobody on Earth knows what they do. The logic here is that we can't ever know what they do because they don't do anything! - dliu3

• whats happened with offers - 85% for all ruby tools. offers are expensive i dont care right now but war time  i am buying some tools . also please fix mobile version as possible fast you can please 
  • I , and several of my buddies have problems with lack, chat and refresh - we have tried to update crome, and to adjust screen - haven't bought a new pc though...if thats necessary, then goodbye GGE.
    majbittje @ skn 1
  • paulyte (GB1)paulyte (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    edited 06.03.2019
    try a different broswers maj. I heard that Brave is a great Html5 browser! I personally use Opera and its great :DD
    ++ Proud member of an honest and genuine alliance, YOUNG UPRISING! ++

☨ A renown Teutonic knight of old ☨
    Beware all those who challenge the virtues of the mighty Teutonic Empire

"Helfen - Wehren - Heilen " Help - Defend - Heal" 
  • game in shutdown mode but no announcement - any info @BM Neroxnex @BM Fujiwara  Please :wink:
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • paulyte (GB1)paulyte (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    game in shutdown mode but no announcement - any info @BM Neroxnex @BM Fujiwara  Please :wink:
     :D 
    ++ Proud member of an honest and genuine alliance, YOUNG UPRISING! ++

☨ A renown Teutonic knight of old ☨
    Beware all those who challenge the virtues of the mighty Teutonic Empire

"Helfen - Wehren - Heilen " Help - Defend - Heal" 
  • back again quite quickly ! but night in deutchland !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    Ok, this was a fun one...… Clearly a LAG issue, but a different was of showing it.  I decided to burn off a few WoF tickets.  Pressed the SPIN WHEEL button a few times like normal.  Then on the next press, the POP-UP screen gets in the way.  I have to close out the ads while the wheel is spinning behind them all.

Not a big deal, and possibly a know thing from the POP-UP rework, but the first time I have seen it.

New or just new to me...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• I play on a new, 2018 iPad, and have tried Firefox and Chrome.  You can’t play Empire via an app, b/c only Empire Four Kingdoms is available as an APP.  I was able to get on for brief flashes on a desktop feature, but this flashed on and off for a few seconds only.  This makes sense, as it’s neither a desktop nor laptop.  What are the options then?  How can we play on mobile devices? A letter from support saying Puffn is no longer supported and “sorry for the inconvenience” is not really helpful, folks.

PW62
  • BobLead (US1)BobLead (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    Continuously keep getting loading screens when bringing up other boxes, such as achievements, equip., etc. Have reset and cleared everything and using Chrome. 

https://gyazo.com/8dbf54312008ed9390b6fdf95f62c00c
  • Definitely needs work, and hopefully very soon. To many issues to even mention, even with the chrome I'm using.
  • I play on a new, 2018 iPad, and have tried Firefox and Chrome.  You can’t play Empire via an app, b/c only Empire Four Kingdoms is available as an APP.  I was able to get on for brief flashes on a desktop feature, but this flashed on and off for a few seconds only.  This makes sense, as it’s neither a desktop nor laptop.  What are the options then?  How can we play on mobile devices? A letter from support saying Puffn is no longer supported and “sorry for the inconvenience” is not really helpful, folks.

PW62

Hey, check out my earlier reply to this one. :)

Puffin browser is not currently working on all devices because it is a flash based browser and the game has now transitioned to HTML5. You may use the URL: https://empire.goodgamestudios.com/flash within your Puffin browser as a temporary workaround to the HTML5 transition.

Good news for mobile players (and all other players) is that soon you won't need to use the Puffin browser to play GoodGame Empire. Since HTML5 is supported on mobile browsers, like Chrome, you'll soon be able to play GGE on a mobile device without a specialty browser. Currently we are waiting on the development team to map out the mobile controls, but for those of you on Puffin this is something you can expect in the near future. In the meantime, feel free to use the flash link provided above.

• Asmodeus (NL1)Asmodeus (NL1) NL1 Posts: 164
    Html5 is broken, alot of players are having problems with incoming attacks that don't show up on the html5 version but do show on the flash version.

Current might with atleast 24 hours of food
Sign In to comment.