Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: HTML5 Switch

Comments

• Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,505
    edited 05.03.2019
    What about PUFFIN???
    html5 is not running on it.
    But flash is doing great
    It runs fine for me, I'm not sure what other people are doing

EDIT: I have a Samsung S7 on the latest android OS update
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    edited 05.03.2019
    Appreciate others have had issues getting on, but I got to give props to GGS for what seems like a pretty successful rollout. I didn't get any disruption or notice much difference beyond some graphical stuff (time skips logo looks a bit weird on a skip screen). And now on phone with Puffin, it automatically remembers my credentials and logs in within 3 seconds to the right server

cheers GGS

edit: im running CHrome on Windows 10 and Puffin on Android on Samsung phone
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • Del Diablo (GB1)Del Diablo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 107
    Is it just me or with that new update puffin doesn't work.

P.S. cant be asked to read up, sorry if someone else has already mentioned it
  • Is it just me or with that new update puffin doesn't work.

Lot of people saying it doesn't work, some (like me) have it working fine, I dunno what we did different if anything at all
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Phenom (IN1)Phenom (IN1) IN1 Posts: 101
    Unlike.a lot of folks here, the games working just fine on puffin for me.

Apart from aforementioned issues with graphics and lag, I have just one issue.

It seems that the enter key (return key) is not working as intended. While using game chat, I now have to click the sent button on screen instead of hitting enter. And it's the same when entering the number of tools in the tools popup. Have to manually click the green tick mark on screen. Earlier the enter key would this.

Would be great if someone can look into this.
  • Aleem Pasha (US1)Aleem Pasha (US1) US1 Posts: 310
    Is it just me or with that new update puffin doesn't work.

me too it aint working on puffin
  • paulyte (GB1)paulyte (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    edited 06.03.2019

GGE thinks Im trying to login to my GB1 or Int3 account... Im not sure if I am at this point to be honest :)

Textures are off by a mile too. There are some really nicely defined textures and assets, but several objects such as the background, the roles of players in their alliances, and when hovering over any player in rankings, the asset is blurry.

But, I love the new spelling error system in PMs and MMs, it's great! Though for some reason my dictionary is American... bloody Americans ruining proper English lol
    Post edited by paulyte (GB1) on
    ++ Proud member of an honest and genuine alliance, YOUNG UPRISING! ++

☨ A renown Teutonic knight of old ☨
    Beware all those who challenge the virtues of the mighty Teutonic Empire

"Helfen - Wehren - Heilen " Help - Defend - Heal" 
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    funny how everything I type is now a password apparently.

Also I received a player survey from the game, tried to open it, and it immediately closed and was replaced with a window that said something along the lines of "This message contains inappropriate language" or something like that. Maybe the sender will get a ban, who knows
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • Some of the issues brought up here we are already aware of:

• Graphics - Gameplay looks smeared /  blurry
    • Settings - Missing the High - Low graphics options
    • Chat - Pressing enter sometimes won't send messages
    • Latency - Game is slower to load / lags behind
    • Puffin - Puffin browser will not load the game on mobile

These issues along with a list of many others have been reported over to the appropriate teams.

Puffin browser is not currently working on all devices because it is a flash based browser and the game has now transitioned to HTML5. You may use the URL: https://empire.goodgamestudios.com/flash within your Puffin browser as a temporary workaround to the HTML5 transition.

Good news for mobile players (and all other players) is that soon you won't need to use the Puffin browser to play GoodGame Empire. Since HTML5 is supported on mobile browsers, like Chrome, you'll soon be able to play GGE on a mobile device without a specialty browser. Currently we are waiting on the development team to map out the mobile controls, but for those of you on Puffin this is something you can expect in the near future. In the meantime, feel free to use the flash link provided above.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    Since my last comment was removed, I will just put THIS here...……………

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• bummer (NL1)bummer (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    https://www.empire.goodgamestudios.com/flash
    The requested URL /flash was not found on this server.

• mnight (US1)mnight (US1) US1 Posts: 1,430
    edited 06.03.2019
    Not only do you roll out garbage html that was never fixed from the beta version, you remove comments from this thread,  just another day with the same old typical stuff from gge
    I said the same earlier and mine was deleted.. along with about 30 other peoples expressions of disappointment. Part of discussion is also handling criticism, and addressing it. After all, this is a "discussion thread" and we are customers. We are allowed to have an opinion, share it, and commensurate with others who feel the same way, which is also valuable to GGE. Deleting and ignoring the concerns of paying customers is a poor way to conduct business. A moderator calling our concerns and disappointments "griping" is just plain rude.

If the moderators cant handle seeing criticism and passing it along, perhaps the moderators should be replaced. Who do we contact to address our concerns about moderators during this time of HTML transition? 
    Just to support, I'll be submitting complaints as well.

It's a discussion thread, and you take out the discussion?

Man, GGS have really gone downhill since I left.

EDIT: Edited for clarity
    I agree with you Fried... 

The new HTML should not have been released in its current state and it is 100% our right as paying customers,  to let it be known that a large chunk of us are unhappy. Months of teasers and testing, and the product is sub-par. You cant play without getting an eye headache because the graphics are so poor and fuzzy. That isn't us being negative. That is a FACT and only ONE OF THE MANY ISSUES.

These are legitimate ON TOPIC ISSUES. We want a definitive answer of how long Flash will be available, since many of us don't want the eye headache. It should be available at least til the glitches and issues are fixed completely. 

Reported. Thank you Fried.
    "Mark Night 5ever Crew"
    "Misc Ginger Sloot Crew"
    "Property of MoP Crew"
    "Sold to TM Crew"
    "Signs off when NTJeffery messages Crew"
    "Uggs and Ipads Crew"
    "Ersihoe Crew"
    "Bishes do love winkies Crew"
    "Stays back from edge of train platform because I distrust all other humans crew"
  • Not only do you roll out garbage html that was never fixed from the beta version, you remove comments from this thread,  just another day with the same old typical stuff from gge
    I said the same earlier and mine was deleted.. along with about 30 other peoples expressions of disappointment. Part of discussion is also handling criticism, and addressing it. After all, this is a "discussion thread" and we are customers. We are allowed to have an opinion, share it, and commensurate with others who feel the same way, which is also valuable to GGE. Deleting and ignoring the concerns of paying customers is a poor way to conduct business. A moderator calling our concerns and disappointments "griping" is just plain rude.

If the moderators cant handle seeing criticism and passing it along, perhaps the moderators should be replaced. Who do we contact to address our concerns about moderators during this time of HTML transition? 
    Just to support, I'll be submitting complaints as well.

It's a discussion thread, and you take out the discussion?

Man, GGS have really gone downhill since I left.

EDIT: Edited for clarity
    I;ll be filing complaints as well. Not only did my post criticize, it addressed a dfix for a problem and some ego maniac deleted it.

GGS has gone back to it's money grabbing ways. It's their only focus. They are bound to fall off the edge of the flat earth soon. This HTML5 rollout is garbage. Since flash will not meet it's EOL by Adobe until the end of NEXT YEAR it should be available and USED here until GGS can fix this mess they have created with HTML. GGS has had since the July 2017 announcement that flash was ending at the end of 2020. 1 3/4 years and GGS couldn't get the transition right.

Give us flash back and clean up this mess.
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • Some of the issues brought up here we are already aware of:

• Graphics - Gameplay looks smeared /  blurry
    • Settings - Missing the High - Low graphics options
    • Chat - Pressing enter sometimes won't send messages
    • Latency - Game is slower to load / lags behind
    • Puffin - Puffin browser will not load the game on mobile

These issues along with a list of many others have been reported over to the appropriate teams.

Puffin browser is not currently working on all devices because it is a flash based browser and the game has now transitioned to HTML5. You may use the URL: https://empire.goodgamestudios.com/flash within your Puffin browser as a temporary workaround to the HTML5 transition.

Good news for mobile players (and all other players) is that soon you won't need to use the Puffin browser to play GoodGame Empire. Since HTML5 is supported on mobile browsers, like Chrome, you'll soon be able to play GGE on a mobile device without a specialty browser. Currently we are waiting on the development team to map out the mobile controls, but for those of you on Puffin this is something you can expect in the near future. In the meantime, feel free to use the flash link provided above.
    "These issues along with many others ..." says it all. Take this garbage down and put flash up until it is fixed. Flash EOL isn't until Dec 31 2020. It's March 2019. Don't force a bad release on us. FIX IT then launch it.
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • guillermo (NL1)guillermo (NL1) NL1 Posts: 12

Hello,

i've followed every step of your Troubleshooting guide and gues what ?

It's all useless , i use W7 profesional and even after following all your tips and steps the game is slow and the image quality is awfull .

W7 profesional is used by the company i work for and they have more than 100000 employees using it, so you can't blame it on the version of Windows that players are using

Even player who have computers less than 2 years old with W10 have the same issues !!

You choosed to switch to HTML5 , so it's up to you to make sure your game is compatible with HTML5

And by the looks of it , you've got a long way to go

guillermo @ nl 1
  • Rakan (SKN1)Rakan (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 226
    edited 06.03.2019
    indeed me and my wife uses laptops good standard ones,when flash go down she cant even play any more because html 5 freeze up the loadingtime,is she after 5-6 years gaming suposed to stop,and me when i after 10-20 minutes looking at the damn loadingtime gets in makes it very boring and well inside the game laggs and maps up in worlds takes 1-4 minutes to load up,mousecursor dont follow with the game blurry maps,if you type in the box you sending troops to attack and click ok it sends 1 single troop,very hard to send correct amount troops inbetween worlds.... if you want i can find more issues i just dont have in my mind atm...

Flash vs html5 is like choosing to bicyckle vs a cars engine

by the way we tryed all in help thread...absolutley no differense
    Rakan @ skn 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978

I am going to use the flash version as long as I can. IIRC, the anouncement of HTMl5 version said the flash version was only going to be available for a few days. I sincerely hope that it will be available until the HTML version is right. I highly suggest no new game content(events, equipment, features, ect) updates be done until the HTML issues are resolved.

The new HTML version while not as blurry as the Beta version is still not up to par. There are some weird delays in commander availability after they return, and slow response in the attack screen while trying to set tool numbers.

I predict that if you(GGE/GGS) do not do as I and other players suggest you will lose a lot of sales due to players quitting due or playing much less due to eye strain and frustration with a company that just flat out lies and doesn't respect their customers.

• STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204

Puffin html stopped working yesterday

nice try GGS, ya almost did it

STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
Sign In to comment.