We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: HTML5 Switch

Comments

• i have a solution.

back to beta?

i have the newest version of chrome and the game is still slow and much much slower then before this html5 switch
    At this time there isn't any indication that they will be rolling back the transition to HTML5. However, you are welcome to continue playing on flash version for as long as it's available. http://empire.goodgamestudios.com/flash
  • kev21 (GB1)kev21 (GB1) Posts: 33GB1
    slow blurry 15 minutes max and have to stop. Suggest you try again and yes i do have latest version of chrome
    kev21 @ en 1
  • slow blurry 15 minutes max and have to stop. Suggest you try again and yes i do have latest version of chrome
    It's a known issue. Take a look at the troubleshooting guide linked above or consider using the flash link alternative until you're prepared to migrate over. :smile:

• Some graphics look sharp, others look like gge screen-shot graphics from the flash version and applied the poor quality snips to this version.  Bugs:  this morning I have had towers not on fire, but still cooling down, white blocky squares around the moving graphics while in the map, previously, if I was loading up a cart of resos to move to a castle, I could tab to the next reso and enter a value, that is broken now.  I go to set up an attack from one OP, yet the attack screen shows coming from another.  At one point, the only commander I could select to attack a samurai camp was my first commander, the option to switch was greyed out.  I had to close down chrome and restart to fix it.  Tools don't drop as easily into the tool-slots as they did before when setting up an attack.  As mentioned before, these were many of the annoyances/bugs that were uncovered during the beta run a few months back, so not sure how it was deemed ready for production <\sarcasm>
  • lol slightly off topic but whatever has been done the flash player version seems to be running a lot smoother - shame it's going soon !

been searching internet for HTML Game speed issues - most say mainly due to server interface issues - i.e. the speed the server is sending information out ! hope this is on the right track -

PS one of the solutions suggested was to use a VPN to gain better speed !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Posts: 763Moderator
    edited 04.03.2019
    lol slightly off topic but whatever has been done the flash player version seems to be running a lot smoother - shame it's going soon !

been searching internet for HTML Game speed issues - most say mainly due to server interface issues - i.e. the speed the server is sending information out ! hope this is on the right track -

PS one of the solutions suggested was to use a VPN to gain better speed !

Flash Players is being ended by its own developers, not by GGE. So whichever reason they saw fit to kill it impacts all of us.
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 315GB1
    ..and not just the displays not working well.... the bug in chat is still there.....

grey boxes to hide my true feelings and a nod to GDPR and other people's data privacy......

• full of bugs i cant play mobile + ruby tools are more expensive . 

no longer possible to do "copy and paste" ,cant seek RVs on the map in sand fire ice and storm . i need to click 2 time when i need do mark something. game got a little slower

only 1 positive thing is - very nice effects 

• what is this facebook popup about i dont play on fb at all for this game
  • leeshir (US1)leeshir (US1) Posts: 34US1
    I don't think this is any better.  The fonts, are not equal in size. You can't copy or paste anything. If you sign into the forums it is impossible to do so under the new html program.  You get kicked out of the game frequently.  There is a lot of flickering with the timing of clock. It also takes too long for the progam to load up.  I think this is a very cheap program you guys have gotten to play this game. I would rather have been given a choice than to use this program.
    leeshir @ usa 1
  • Kimmyjp67 (US1)Kimmyjp67 (US1) Posts: 126US1
    I am using Chrome and same as the test we did a couple months back. Fuzzy graphics and fonts in chat, can't move tools from main to op's as they do not show in the selections menu...

Very disappointing.

If we are only going to have a few days to continue using Flash and these issues are not resolved by then I will sadly have to say good by to 4 years of hard work and great friends.
    Kimmyjp67 @ usa 1
  • blackflames:

Your comment concerning people not being able 2 save $100 for new computer is crazy..you no doubt what it is to be retired & disabled older living on limited income. $100 is the difference in paying a bill or eating not buying something new. You'll see some day.

moderator: the fact that IE is not supported my MS still doesn't make up 4 fact older/retired/disabled folks can't afford new computer which has no problems except for ur update!

• JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 767US1
    JYT (US1) said:
    Very excited to see HTML5 finally arriving in full force. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. Fingers crossed!
    It seems that everything that was wrong is still wrong, and a lot more has gone wrong.

I've been playing on puffin for a while now (parents and all LOL) and the new html version is messing me up. I can't enter fullscreen mode (there's a way to do that, right?) so moving around the world map requires me clicking and holding down to drag around. When I do, everyone's castles starts flickering and turning gray and sometimes disappearing until I stop moving the map around.
    The flash version still works fine, but I don't know how much longer I have on flash. Could a more concrete answer be given for how long the flash version will be up?

@CopperPenny (US1) 
    Chrome is free.
    https://www.google.com/chrome/
    Click this link to download google chrome, and follow the instructions.
    Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 315GB1
    I couldn't find the beta thread? has that been removed as well????

just wanted to check off that all the bugs reported there were still present so we could only report the new ones as you'd think they were already working on resolving the ones reported in the Beta.... wouldn't you?
  •   So what was this switch to HTML supposed to do for me?  I'm not seeing any improvements and it's slowing everything down.  Had to leave Firefox for chrome, my pc doesn't like to run this in Firefox anymore, and I hate Goggle 'cause of all the ads.
  • I'm using Chrome and have the following issues 
    Show Set items in the Equipment Store doesn't work
    There is a red line around the centre Tools Box in attack Set up
    Upgraded buildings become invisible 
    White blocks move across the screen with troop and barrow movements

• sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) Posts: 288SKN1
    one annoying bug is that even when I just attacked tower and a player they both are not burning at the map, but when I try to attack again it says that I cant attack and have to wait that some time before attacking again.

• Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,487
    edited 05.03.2019
    Not only do you roll out garbage html that was never fixed from the beta version, you remove comments from this thread,  just another day with the same old typical stuff from gge
    I said the same earlier and mine was deleted.. along with about 30 other peoples expressions of disappointment. Part of discussion is also handling criticism, and addressing it. After all, this is a "discussion thread" and we are customers. We are allowed to have an opinion, share it, and commensurate with others who feel the same way, which is also valuable to GGE. Deleting and ignoring the concerns of paying customers is a poor way to conduct business. A moderator calling our concerns and disappointments "griping" is just plain rude.

If the moderators cant handle seeing criticism and passing it along, perhaps the moderators should be replaced. Who do we contact to address our concerns about moderators during this time of HTML transition? 
    Just to support, I'll be submitting complaints as well.

It's a discussion thread, and you take out the discussion?

Man, GGS have really gone downhill since I left.

EDIT: Edited for clarity
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Brian888 (US1)Brian888 (US1) Posts: 86US1
    What about PUFFIN???
    html5 is not running on it.
    But flash is doing great
Sign In to comment.