We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Customer Service - Info about ban times

Comments

• Mildam (NL1)Mildam (NL1) Posts: 4NL1
    ggs apparently does what they want
    there are players who get a ban for account sharing who do not
    and the players everyone knows that they have more accounts
    which has also been reported quite often
    nothing is done about that
    I wonder how that is possible
    I assume that ggs must have proof before a ban is given.
    Mildam @ nl 1
  • Firstly, with all due respect to Angus who isn't at fault here, it's nice to know that you take this seriously enough to have a paid member of staff introduce this and be available to deal with our genuine concerns or worries arising from it.  It simply isn't appropriate to have a player advising other player on issues as complex as data protection, harassment and fraud.  He for a start would not be indemnified for any advice or guidance legal or otherwise he may be drawn to provide and unless you have a training programme we aren't aware of he isn't qualified to deal with these issues.  Moderators absolutely should not be in a position to try and answer questions in this area.  I'd expect to see a member of your legal or contract team not a volunteer whose put in the position of trying to defend something so paper thin.  It's frankly insulting. Do you care about this or not?  This statement looks like you really aren't that bothered.  

Just to clarify this has to be a statement of the current position rather than the promised update on the action you will be taking to tackle the widespread cheating.which blights the game.  If this is your response it is inadequate, insufficient and unacceptable.  You have had a significant proportion of time you know fully how important this is too players, how damaging failure to act effectively is for the game's credibility and for those individual players effected. This isn't even close to being good enough it's dismissive disrespectful and frankly embarrassingly inappropriate.

Firstly someone cheats for months gains a unfair competitive advantage, teaches their alliance colleagues and a number of other players how to cheat so they also gain a unfair competitive advantage, winning nobilities, events and tournaments at the expense of the rightful winners who played within the rules, and your response is to ban them for six hours when they are in all probability asleep, in work or at school.  Then having been warned they do it again you suspend them for 12 hours which just means they miss out on what half a days play which they can catch up.  Then eventually getting tough you take them out for a day.  That is frankly a joke as a disincentive.  I don't object to three strikes and your out but honestly the penalties are pathetic.  You need to make them meaningful the minimum suspension needs to be a week as a starting point seriously 6 hours do you also apologise for having to suspend them and send them a gift basket to make up for any hurt feelings.  Six hours is so so weak you may as well not bother.  Toughen up and be brave.  Reduce their food production, remove offers from them for a month, reduce recruitment speed, disable castellans, something anything that says cheat and you will not prosper.  If there are no meaningful consequences any punishment is not going to be effective you have to show you are serious.  Break or rules and we'll break your account for a bit.  Using a bot is not a casual chance choice it is a deliberate attempt to defraud other players and GGE how can we or you be okay with that.  I'm not why should you be.  Up the penalties and openly enforce them.  

"2. Multiaccounts and account sharing

Regularly we receive reports about multiaccount users and account sharing. Unfortunately there are cases where the situation is not clear and nothing can be done from Customer Service side. This is why our game teams are working hard on new features in the game to make multiaccounts and account sharing obsolete. We will let you know as soon as we have more info."  

This simply isn't good enough and we as a player base deserve better.  Lets be specific here you cannot deliver what you promise in your terms and conditions and consequently are in breach of the rules you set out for us and have been for some time.  You have in the paragraph above stated clearly that players myself included are reporting and have reported over a long period of time breaches of terms and conditions and game rules which you due to failings in your system - something we as players cannot control - routinely fail to act on to our detriment and to the detriment of the game.  You have now accepted that you are not able to address the issue in any other way than to redesign the game to make multi-accounts less effective.  Again no disincentive at all what you've just said is that all those people who have cheated have got away with it and it doesn't matter.  At the very least that's an apology for your abject failure.  You are a cutting edge technology company for goodness sake.  How are you not deeply humiliated and embarrassed.  Even football administrators manage yellow and red cards for disciplinary issues without to much trouble and they are inept on a good day shocking corrupt on most days.  If you can design a game that complicated how on earth can you not get something as basic as this right.  

I had started to get some confidence back and was starting to spend again if this paragraph isn't elaborated on that's over no way I am funding cheats and fraudsters.  Really really frustrating.  The accounts are named Bob1 Bob 2 Bob 3 through to Bob8 in some cases its that obvious seriously pay any player for a week and they could reduce multis by half I really don't understsand the issue employ members of your staff to monitor alliances who are perceived to be a problem surely undercover GGE players like mystery customers isn't that much of a stretch to ensure game integrity.  If you really wanted to address this you absolutely could do more.  You just aren't trying hard enough.  

I'd love you to prove me wrong. You just look like you are deliberately shielding and protecting the cheats.  The system as it is does not work and you need to change it.  You do not need to change the game you need to change the system for monitoring player behaviour and monitoring players let us help with that and work with you rather than working on this in isolation you cannot solve this without are support.  And we will get behind you if you do something meaningful and genuine.  Your approach seems to be to change the whole system to the detriment of the players who don't abuse it for a new system which likely just benefits further those who do who I don't doubt sit at the heart of the process.  

3.  Define Harassment this looks like you haven't a clue as what harassment actually involves, define the scope provide examples this is trite and gives no confidence you grasp the complexity, scope or impact of the issue.  This just isn't up to scratch for a modern company with so many service users.  And the punishment again fails to send any message other than harass someone go to bed get up in the morning and do it all over again no real harm done.  The consequences of this type of behaviour last a lot longer than six hours make the penalty meaningful.  "It's a war game" isn't an adequate excuse in real life and it shouldn't cut it here.  Do more.  

4. Not enough detail this is vague and doesn't differentiate between a problem beyond your control and a deliberate effort to defraud needs a rethink and more careful wording.  What is a chargeback for example your eight year old players will get that presumbaly?  

5.   I can see no justification for removing penalties for good behaviour.  They cheated that doesn't change the advantage they got from doing so didn't go away when they got caught.  They barely suffer compare to the players they cheated.  If you want them not to do it again make it a permanent record.  Nobody can complain if they break the rules.  They chose to do so and they no the risks.  I don't understand going lightly on them.  Why are you worried about offending cheats and liars.  They deserve to suffer and to be penalise.  If they made a mistake then they know it's a mistake and they won't do it again.  All they do is set up another account during the suspension which you can't track during a suspension and keep playing.  

In terms of banning accounts for safety we haven't forgetten RKKing having his super commander and castellan equipment sold out from his account hundreds of pounds gone and your response his fault you couldn't help him.  Yet the players responsible what happened to them exactly...The point is our accounts clearly aren't safe and we are still waiting for you to act decisively to protect us.  That is the single most important priority.  This annoucnement simply says you are still nowhere near even having a starting point.  

Deeply deeply disappointing and probably the single worst announcement you managed to make. 

Even though rkking gave his password out, making him vulnerable to this kind of act, he was actually fully compensated by gge, the only thing he didn't get what his super eq fully teched as it was before someone trashed it. So yeh a bit of misinformation there!!! GGE did state after it that they would not do this again for someone who had password shared

• BinxWarrior (GB1)BinxWarrior (GB1) Posts: 19GB1
    edited 24.02.2019
    What I would like to ask, with all this cheap currency vpn stuff going on im guessing across all servers, what you propose to do about accounts that have lost tools and troops and had to put fires out having to fight them

These accounts are a massive breach of your terms and conditions, not too mention there mostly multi accounts as well, so also a breach of your terms and conditions and yet when players have put tickets in to claim compensation for losses to accounts that break your rules, you insist on telling people its a war game and losses are part of the game??

Yes they very much are, to legit accounts that are not breaking rules,  legit accounts tools and troops being basically stolen by cheat accounts that shouldn't be in operation and you refuse to help at all

Don't understand this attitude at all
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,719GB1
    You talk about re designing the game to make multi accounts  useless.  We all know thats  not going to happen

1) you have given offers for years increasing in value for those that dont buy for a while, personal offers,  this is a multis dream, allowign them to rotate around the accounts with the best offers on it, resting accounts once they spend all their bonus's, until the next time you know this yet have followed the same practive for years.

2) the most important stat in the game is arguably glory, and the easiest way to gain glory is by filling a multi ful of defenders and then smackign it from your main account, a few million glory for very little cost or effort,  again you have know this for the longest time yet have done nothign to stop it.

3) the whole pvp element of the game offers a HUGE advantage to multis, developed accounts now can hold 100k defensive troops, imagine the advantage of having 100k def at your call whenever you need them, or stick 20 of them in an alliance shared out and thats 2m defensive troops at the alliance disposal whenever it needs them.  unless you are intending changing the whole method of att / defense in the game  then you are not going to stop that any time soon.

4) multis / pw sharing etc, offer alliances 24/7 coverage, and in conjunction with 3 above offers them access to millions  troops to help defend the alliance.

5) The game becomign more and more event driven,  allowing multis/ password sharing allows certain accounts to play 24/7  winnign events with ease with numerous drivers, add into this the fact that these accoutns are using cheap ruby currencies, they are winning events for a fraction of the cost of means that events are completly tainted now with events being won by whoever is most effective at breaking the rules both on an individual basis / alliance basis.

6) add into the equation bot use, which anyone who plays the game knows is exponentially on the rise again, and the ability of multis to play certain accounts to play 24/7 with minimal input.

7) the fact you allow roll backs of bans means that any multi account approachign a perminant ban can simply be parked for a while to allow it to reset its bans before firing it up again, simply playign account in rotation.

So what i am getting at, with that very quick summary, to design out the benefits of milti accounting / pw sharing, you are going to have to change the entire game, and i mean every single part of it.  Given the fact its taken you almost 2 years to "fix" the royal cap, and event that if anything needed a tiny debug.  You are never going to completly redesign the whole game, its not going to happen.  You know it, so what you are actually admitting to is that you have actually lost contol of your game.  And that you have no plan in how to bring back control into the game.

Every server you care to look at is overrun with multis, dead accounts by the thousand, the only new accounts joining the game are cheap ruby VPN accounts and everywhere you look these accounts are dominating every servers gameplay.   Yet your customer service teams recon they have it under control.   Wake up you dont, you are like a guy putting up a few sandbags in front of his door to protect it flooding when there is a tsunami on its way which is going to destroy his whole house. 

Prove me wrong, please prove me wrong, publish the stats on how many new accounts that have joined the game in the last 6 months and which currencies those accoutns have been registered in?  You know you have this information easily at hand, publish it.

But you know you wont, as you know its true,  you know you are losing, and losing badly to the cheats, and whats more so do your players.
  • GGE is not going to change anything folks, don't waste your time and money and enjoy real life.
    Experienced Bloke, mercenary/Bounty hunter, I Help My Friends Always No Matter What Alliance They are in :-) Top 10 Player when not busy :)
    Image result for cowboy compilation look gif

UK Server Lvl 70 with 100% experience (playing this game for 7 yrs) only as an addictive 3rd hobby though 
    EX-Leader of Black Hawks, and had a significant role in all top 50 alliances on the UK server lol
  • It sounds like the company is doing well when i see their financial reports.   When i look at the maps... there is less and less players. Very discouraging as it almost seems like the green map will be a desert soon.. What is the company doing to obtain more players for the game?  I haven't seen a Good Game Empire commercial or advertisement online for a long time.  Is the company still advertising the game?  If they have plans to terminate the game would be nice to know about so my time isn't invested in a futile attempt to save more & more players.  Lots of players are still fans of the game!   
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    In terms of banning accounts for safety we haven't forgetten RKKing having his super commander and castellan equipment sold out from his account hundreds of pounds gone and your response his fault you couldn't help him.  Yet the players responsible what happened to them exactly...The point is our accounts clearly aren't safe and we are still waiting for you to act decisively to protect us.  That is the single most important priority. 

Even though rkking gave his password out, making him vulnerable to this kind of act, he was actually fully compensated by gge, the only thing he didn't get what his super eq fully teched as it was before someone trashed it. So yeh a bit of misinformation there!!! GGE did state after it that they would not do this again for someone who had password shared

And had he played in an alliance that didn't require or encourage password sharing by it's players it wouldn't have happened.  Blaming the player isn't the answer and allows weak and dishonest alliance leadership off the hook.  If it happens in an alliance you are part of  you as a member of that alliance are at fault, you contribute to creating a climate where poor behaviour and rule breaking is acceptable if you don't challenge it.  It's about the culture you contribute to and create that allows this type of thing to happen.  Whether he was compensated afterwards - which was the right thing for GGE to do in that situation - or not is irrelevant it should never of happened the act was malicious and illegal you reset the account to how it was, suspend RK for the stated amount of time for password sharing and you exclude those who sold the items from the game permanently as clearly they represent a major risk to other players and themselves.  I'd just have closed the alliance on the spot.  So they got off lightly.      
    Batten @ en 1
  • Thing is this is a game, game you play to enjoy. 
    The approach towards the game and the techniques you use are your choice, as long as they affect only your account.

In my opinion GGE is a pay to win game, so considering this you can not say that using bots is unfair towards other players. Even if someone else uses bot, at the end of the day it comes down to how much you spend really. So you know the relations between 'Cheating is unfair towards players' is a very big balloon full with different assumptions, opinions and views.

Some support viewpoint such as mine, others will come crying after this comment. End of the day it is what it is, and the bottom line is you are responsible for any of the consequences you might get by using certain techniques.

So is at your own risk really.
    To break it down.

1. GGE state clearly bots aren't allowed
    2.  Bots have never been allowed
    3.  Bots aren't a technique they are a deliberate attempt to cheat by doing something you know, because you agreed to the terms and conditions, isn't allowed to gain a level of performance you couldn't within normal gameplay achieve.  
    4.  Using bots allows players to perform functions more frequently than they would otherwise playing normally be able to do 
    5.  Improved performance gained from use of bots means players develop more rapidly as a result of having more resources, more prizes and better PO items that means the take a position and prizes that would if they had not cheated gone to other players so they absolutely are impacted other players.  
    6.  The score they achieve doesn't just benefit them it benefits their alliance, which means their alliance players all benefit and all the players in rival alliances are negatively affected as again they achieve a number of points and prizes which doesn't reflect their actual performance and which prevents other alliances from gaining the rewards that their performance actually deserves.
    7.  The false fast development of bot players slows the pace of development of legal players playing within the rules reducing their enjoyment and demotivating them as they aren't getting the rewards their efforts deserve.  There is nothing enjoyable about legally outperforming players only to be cheated out of the rewards you should have gained for yourself and your alliance. 
    8.  Given the number and scope of bans it is no longer reasonable to say it doesn't happened it does and it happened regularly and frequently enough players were banned completely.  So to be clear this isn't a victim less crime.  They stole places and rewards they and their alliances shouldn't have had. 
    9.  The punishments do nothing to address that, they just prevent it happening for a day or with a permanent ban for as long as it takes them to find another account.   
    10. The pay to win aspect is a set aspect of the game and whilst there are deals those are consistent across the life of the game and players don't control and can't influence that.  Though you could argue use of VPN is an attempt to subvert GGE control of pricing system.  
    11.  I have beaten and outperformed the players using bots not every event and not often enough to offset their advantage but it can be done but
    12. What you haven't indicated is that they actually inflate activity or spend by forcing players to give more time or money to beat them it's an upward pressure that drives spend or did until we worked it out and as Phil said stopped spending.    Given my account is nowhere near as strong (check the might point differential to confirm that) I and others like me win with better technique and probably more time or focus.  
    12.  Players who use bots are quitters who lack belief in their ability to be successful and that giving up offends me more than the actual cheating I personally pity them as that lack of self belief that being defeated and not being prepared to try means I don't want them lined up alongside me in a war when things get tough because I know they'll wilt mentally and quit on me.  Interesting to run down alliance lists and consider how many players under real pressure cave and cut and run to a better situation.  Bot use, multi-accounting, password sharing and other forms of rule bending / breaking aren't smart player or clever marginal gains they are a cop out pure and simple and those tactics breed weakness not strength.  Do you really want players who represent a major risk lined up alongside you when you face a good alliance, knowing that they will simply run, tap out or get themselves banned at a critical point.  Simple answer you don't.  

Use of bots until GGE change the terms and conditions breaks the rules it is unfair this isn't a even a discussion as far as I'm concerned.  
    Batten @ en 1

The approach towards the game and the techniques you use are your choice, as long as they affect only your account.

You hit the nail on the head right there as soon as you use a bot you are affecting other people accounts, players use a bot to do things they cant, ie they can play 24/7 they dont have to stop to eat or sleep or work, or any of the other million distractions human players have.

The whole premise of the game is a competition, you are competing against other peoples accounts, if you use a bot and you push a legitimate account 1 place lower than they should be in the competition you are negativly affecting them.  the same goes for the alliance, if your alliance that has used a bot pushes a legitimate alliance one place lower then you are affecting other players.

What about your bot built account when it goes to war against a legitimate accounts ?  The affects are a little more direct there.  All those xtra troops and tools you have gained, all those gems you won to make your casts / comms stronger, all those decos you won to allow you to hold more troops, all those troops you can buy from your bot won tokens used to either defend yourself agaisnt legit players or used to attack legit players.

What about bot build accounts that are used to capture / keep metros ?  how can that not be affecting those legitimate accounts.

you basically contradicted yourself in the first sentence, you are playing an online multi player game, using a bot has a very direct affect on other players accounts.  I would tend to agree with you IF it was a single player game where you had no interaction against other players it was just you against a computer.  But it isnt its the exact opposite of that.

• The approach towards the game and the techniques you use are your choice, as long as they affect only your account.

You hit the nail on the head right there as soon as you use a bot you are affecting other people accounts, players use a bot to do things they cant, ie they can play 24/7 they dont have to stop to eat or sleep or work, or any of the other million distractions human players have.

The whole premise of the game is a competition, you are competing against other peoples accounts, if you use a bot and you push a legitimate account 1 place lower than they should be in the competition you are negativly affecting them.  the same goes for the alliance, if your alliance that has used a bot pushes a legitimate alliance one place lower then you are affecting other players.

What about your bot built account when it goes to war against a legitimate accounts ?  The affects are a little more direct there.  All those xtra troops and tools you have gained, all those gems you won to make your casts / comms stronger, all those decos you won to allow you to hold more troops, all those troops you can buy from your bot won tokens used to either defend yourself agaisnt legit players or used to attack legit players.

What about bot build accounts that are used to capture / keep metros ?  how can that not be affecting those legitimate accounts.

you basically contradicted yourself in the first sentence, you are playing an online multi player game, using a bot has a very direct affect on other players accounts.  I would tend to agree with you IF it was a single player game where you had no interaction against other players it was just you against a computer.  But it isnt its the exact opposite of that.

Well said, but way of my point. Again, GGE is a pay to win game. My argument was that even you do use a bot, that doesn't mean you are already beating everyone else. But when it comes to money, there is a whole another theory and many arguments behind it.

Spending money allows you to have an extreme advantage upon players that don't spend either as much as you, or don't spend at all. But then you have stupid whales, not saying any names, that spend , but they don't know where to invest. Having an account on GGE is kind of like having a little business. You invest money in it, yes you don't win your money back in real life, but in game you get rich. So then we can look on the whole image as having an external and internal invest process, that is not necessary directly connected with each other. rephrasing what i just said is you spend money (from real life incomes) on the game, you get another currency, known as rubys. Now all the advantages i would like to think come from that 'special' in-game currency. Yes do get an extra bonus here and there such as tools, troops and a little booster, but those things are not directed and taken as guarantee that your accounts gets better as soon as you get them.

And again there is whole philosophy full of just as many views as assumptions on the whole spending bit, but when it comes to bots, i do not think that a bot can beat a spender, besides being able to pay for a bot makes you a spender.

You are not gonna beat a whale with a bot, i can bet money on that. Some of the advantages that a bot has are covered by your team-players anyway, i mean the attack warning bit, c'mon, every single decently progressing alliance with ambitions and goals has either a whats up group, skype room or a discord server. Or you can just leave your contact on the alliance notice board. Now keeping troops alive, food is pretty cheap to buy, if you have maxed towers both in outer and green, 2/3 hits give you full food. Decorations i don't think have any right to be mentioned, considering the fact how easy it is to get them nowadays. I mean, couple of years ago you use to get like 1 from alliance rankings and that's it, unless you buy them for tokens, now a player can get loads if he is just active, and purchase them of course. So if you think about it, not really alot from a bot. Another thing i can bet you money on is, no way a player with a bot and no booster can beat a player without a bot and with a booster.

Using bot is at your own risk, if you want to do it and think is worth go ahead, but is not gonna make you a better player.

You did mention the fake accounts to cap ops and other assets, umm i think thats more related to multi accounting, which just like using a bot does ruin the game alittle bit, but on the other side is a good strategy.

the point is bots are generally used by multi accounters they are used so alliances can get extreme advantages accounts can hold extreme amounts of troops gain extreme amounts of coins, and when you couple a bot to a cheap ruby account that can buy boosts for minimal amounts then you have all of a sudden got an unbeatable account for a minimal spend.

for a multi accounter there is minimal risk, one accounts gets a ban park it for a bit and move on to the next, that gets a ban move on to the next etc etc.  Until eventually your accounts get stepped back and no longer are at risk.

it easily allows you to build multiple accounts with minimal spend amassing huge boosts for the account, for very little effort.

Park the multi in pro mode, and switch the bot on and you can happily gain a load of things for next to no effort.  Whilst you are busy building your next cheap ruby account.  to dominate the game / event for a while, until it gets reset then you just stick a bot on it to play itself for a while, whilst you go through the process again.

All the time you are gaining extreme advantages over players that play by the rules, the reality is the players that break the rules are very very likley to break all the rules not just one.  Massivly minimising and risk and maximising rewards.  Whilst minimising spend.  

You can dress it up as much as you like if you break the rules you do it to gain an advantage over other players, in a game such as this that WILL and does disadvantage every other player.  

Buying a ton of rubies if you like it or not is not breaking any game rules.  it doesnt mean you are skillfull or clever or a great player what it does mean is that the advantages you gain can be regulated by the game developer.  ie they set the advantages you gain, it also means you are paying for the upkeep of the game.  If we all just bought a bot and stopped buying rubies the game would be shut down in 2 months.  

What i do agree with is its GGE gross negligence that means it has spectacularly failed to deal with the issues, the reality is as you have nicely demonstrated, that the rewards of using a bot far far outweigh the risks of getting your account banned.  The same goes for all the other forms of cheating that go on in this game.  And until GGE address that balance, and make it so that the risk is greater than the potential reweards then people will continue to use bots they will continue to use cheap ruby accounts, they will continue to run multiple accounts they will continue to do credit card chargebacks, they will continue to password share etc. etc.

So whilst i agree its down to GGE to enfore its rules, and make sure the risk is greater than the rewards, I dont agree that this lack of policing justifies their use. 

• We are talking about bots at the moment, lets not twist things around and move to multi accounting and then relate both to one another, because there is absolutely no point in starting a debate on such things.

I love how you can choose someone to be a bot user based on just their both account development and efficiency.

@Philt123 (GB1)
    I dont know you brother, you seem like a decent player that knows what he is doing. But do you think that us two munching over the same things, all over again just like the other 'X' players that play GGE is gonna have some effect on GGS. Point is loads of players play this game, im not arguing that everyone are going church every sunday ok? cos i know they are not. players use different tactics, you say that helps them i say it doesnt, we go back and fourth at it all day lol
    POINT?!-----> NONE   pmsl

O lot of views assumptions etc etc in this game, too much bullshit with this and that, that you know it has reached the point that perhaps some players feel hopeless so they get bots for instance. And again even on this point right here im sure there are another 999 views on.

Back to my point though, cos i like arguing lol, bots fair or unfair? anyone could do it, if you want to do it, but u migth get banned, either way does not affect me, and thinking of this right here i think you need to think outside the box. what you say, is what everyone want to hear 'GGE are this cos of this and they do this and that etc' is like a omlet. Players say the same thing in different words. But in my personal opinion bots does not affect me as a player, i dont see a bot beating me. Maybe perhaps using a bot has quite a few advantages but is nothing big, troops coins for players like you and myself i really dont think are any problem ;) .
  • We are talking about bots at the moment, lets not twist things around and move to multi accounting and then relate both to one another, because there is absolutely no point in starting a debate on such things.

I love how you can choose someone to be a bot user based on just their both account development and efficiency.

@Philt123 (GB1)
    I dont know you brother, you seem like a decent player that knows what he is doing. But do you think that us two munching over the same things, all over again just like the other 'X' players that play GGE is gonna have some effect on GGS. Point is loads of players play this game, im not arguing that everyone are going church every sunday ok? cos i know they are not. players use different tactics, you say that helps them i say it doesnt, we go back and fourth at it all day lol

O lot of views assumptions etc etc in this game, too much bullshit with this and that, that you know it has reached the point that perhaps some players feel hopeless so they get bots for instance. And again even on this point right here im sure there are another 999 views on.

Back to my point though, cos i like arguing lol, bots fair or unfair? anyone could do it, if you want to do it, but u migth get banned, either way does not affect me, and thinking of this right here i think you need to think outside the box. what you say, is what everyone want to hear 'GGE are this cos of this and they do this and that etc' is like a omlet. Players say the same thing in different words. But in my personal opinion bots does not affect me as a player, i dont see a bot beating me. Maybe perhaps using a bot has quite a few advantages but is nothing big, troops coins for players like you and myself i really dont think are any problem ;) .

Not sure if you're being ignorant on purpose, just trying to wind everyone up or really can't comprehend what is being explained to you.
    Allow me to try and educate you how can you say bot users can't gain a large advantage over other players normal players need to eat sleep and drink bots never sleep eat or drink even when i hit events hard I take breaks every now and again bots never need a break.

When I attack event camps/castles there is a gap between each attack sent bots can be programmed so there is no gap or the gap is so small it makes no difference.
    Bot users gain more rewards than normal players because they never stop attacking that means more troops to win and attack with, more po items to win which means higher food production which in turn starts the cycle all over again.

So can you please explain how bot users that under normal circumstances couldn't hope to score as many points/glory as the rest of us can be considered part of the game that we should accept as a smart strategy and have no overall effect on our game.
  • paulyte (GB1)paulyte (GB1) Posts: 69GB1
    We are talking about bots at the moment, lets not twist things around and move to multi accounting and then relate both to one another, because there is absolutely no point in starting a debate on such things.

@Philt123 (GB1)

Not sure if you're being ignorant on purpose, just trying to wind everyone up or really can't comprehend what is being explained to you.
    Allow me to try and educate you how can you say bot users can't gain a large advantage over other players normal players need to eat sleep and drink bots never sleep eat or drink even when i hit events hard I take breaks every now and again bots never need a break.

When I attack event camps/castles there is a gap between each attack sent bots can be programmed so there is no gap or the gap is so small it makes no difference.
    Bot users gain more rewards than normal players because they never stop attacking that means more troops to win and attack with, more po items to win which means higher food production which in turn starts the cycle all over again.

So can you please explain how bot users that under normal circumstances couldn't hope to score as many points/glory as the rest of us can be considered part of the game that we should accept as a smart strategy and have no overall effect on our game.
    You are funny my friend. All that you said would be true if the botter spent loads of money on the game and had enough troops/tools/no lag with this stupid html5/ etc. Your theoretical world doesn't align with the reality of the game. Botting wont help that much in reality. Though it loots for you while you're away, it will only add so much loot until you encounter a problem such as camp cooldown, running out of men, running out of tools, getting caught for cheating, or other things. Im talking about noms/sams, and maybe beri here. You talk about glory too. If I had a bot, I would not let if free on glory events. Imagine wasting all your banners on terrible targets, it's just stupid. Stop crying about botting on the forums and that will give you more time to loot. I rest my case 🤷‍♂️
    ++ Proud member of an honest and genuine alliance, YOUNG UPRISING! ++

☨ A renown Teutonic knight of old ☨
    Beware all those who challenge the virtues of the mighty Teutonic Empire

"Helfen - Wehren - Heilen " Help - Defend - Heal" 
  • Del Diablo (GB1)Del Diablo (GB1) Posts: 98GB1
    edited 09.03.2019
    We are talking about bots at the moment, lets not twist things around and move to multi accounting and then relate both to one another, because there is absolutely no point in starting a debate on such things.

@Philt123 (GB1)

dont think there is much you can teach me bud, but cheers for the offer :D
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,913INT3

@Philt123 (GB1)

You are funny my friend. All that you said would be true if the botter spent loads of money on the game and had enough troops/tools/no lag with this stupid html5/ etc. Your theoretical world doesn't align with the reality of the game. Botting wont help that much in reality. Though it loots for you while you're away, it will only add so much loot until you encounter a problem such as camp cooldown, running out of men, running out of tools, getting caught for cheating, or other things. Im talking about noms/sams, and maybe beri here. You talk about glory too. If I had a bot, I would not let if free on glory events. Imagine wasting all your banners on terrible targets, it's just stupid. Stop crying about botting on the forums and that will give you more time to loot. I rest my case 🤷‍♂️
    Seriously?  Taking the stance that using a bot "won't help that much in reality"???  

I have never botted on this game, but I did use Opera on a different game a few years back.  It was one of those situations where you earned a bunch of items that you then had to load on the screen to merge into another item to upgrade it.  Kind of like the Smithy - but where you had to load 50 at a time to upgrade the 1 other item.   Then you had to do this 100s of times as the item progressively became more powerful and the upgrades were exponential.  PAIN in the neck to do.  There was no rule against using Opera to do this, so I did.  I can tell you, using Opera allowed me to upgrade items that I never would have done, if left to manually doing it.  So, there WAS a benefit to me - AND a negative to those I used the upgraded items against.  

HOW could someone gain an advantage in GGE even just using Opera?  The simplest example IS running trains.  As I work from home, I am often distracted from the game by this pesky thing called "work".  As a result, sometimes I miss the cooldown reset and get the dreaded "No Battle".   Then I don't start the next train for a bit while I am on a conference call.  Simply setting the tools/troops in a preset, using the same commanders in order, and pressing START, you can have a train run without missing a beat, until you run out of troops.  Then, you pause, and run the troops that you have won in the LTPE and/or been recruiting with a feast out in the outers, out whatever OPs you are attacking from, and press the RESUME button.  This WOULD make a difference in the outcome of my game.  I would get a better score than I would have without using it.  Resulting in a higher placement in the event, and a higher reward.  Those I would pass in the rankings would have a NEGATIVE effect on their placement and rewards - as one person in that bracket would get knocked out, because of my moving into it.  How about relating this same example to Berimond?  The extra coin/rubies/gallantry I could get from this would be quite large.  Don't even need to worry about the cool down in there.  Just nearly endless hits perfectly timed.  

Now, with the CURRENT lag issues in HTML5 it may not work exactly as smoothly, but I would expect if a little extra time was placed into the routine, it would even work in the current glitchy environment.

AND...….we expect that GGS will fix the HTML5 lag issues any day now...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

"You are funny my friend. All that you said would be true if the botter spent loads of money on the game and had enough troops/tools/no lag with this stupid html5/ etc. Your theoretical world doesn't align with the reality of the game. Botting wont help that much in reality. Though it loots for you while you're away, it will only add so much loot until you encounter a problem such as camp cooldown, running out of men, running out of tools, getting caught for cheating, or other things. Im talking about noms/sams, and maybe beri here. You talk about glory too. If I had a bot, I would not let if free on glory events. Imagine wasting all your banners on terrible targets, it's just stupid. Stop crying about botting on the forums and that will give you more time to loot. I rest my case"

Seems a well thought out response to a serious issue that if taken more seriously wouldn't have resulted in a number of top GB players getting themselves needlessly banned further weakening us as a server something which impacts on us all.  It's well known that some players have huge stockpiles of wooden tools which in nomads and sams allow more attacks - I can send as many as 32 in a train never having used a bot so I presume a computer could do better.  Also a botter could in both events build sufficient tokens to buy a huge amount of troops early and sustain them with food from hits throughout with good commanders losses aren't huge  - check out the troop recruitment nobility and you can see in event troop purchases clearly.   You don't need to spend huge amounts of money in either nomads or sams as the event gives you what you need to win, and it is won by sending more hits than your opponent in both and given we can't out hit a bot programme played by a competent player we can't win unless they make a mistake.  Nomads and Sams require six/seven clicks in repeated repetition at speed and a bot can do that and do it faster than I can., I'm very quick quick enough to have won both multiple times but realistically I have lost more frequently to players who have subsequently been banned for botting.  If you run a bot more likely to stack your tokens and in terms of nomads you produce a lot of horsetails over a few events enough not to run out if you managed it carefully and did every other event.  Horsetails cost tokens and in event currency not rubies, troops cost in event currency, mock peasants can be bought in storm where you could bot to gain aqua no rubies.  Wooden tools produced by coins gained from performance via in event tablets.  So a botter with a bit of experience, game management skills and patience enough to win every three or four events isn't going to struggle.  

So to be short you have no case.  

And in terms of stopping raising concerns about players breaching the rules, taking shortcuts or risks weakening GB1 as a server and further damaging our competitiveness as a server that continues as long as players continue to cheat.  Stick to the rules and show what you are capable of and it stops.  Leave defending the indefensible to the lawyers.   
    Batten @ en 1
  • hahahahahahahaha lmao biggest joke i have seen so far.. gge sucks
    WARRIORCHRIS69 @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.