We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Outer Realms - Third Iteration Improvements

Comments

• Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) Posts: 238GB1
    I've enjoyed the last 2 outer events.

But after this update to it I will not be entering this time 
    Stevemass @ en 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,640GB1
    edited 01.03.2019
    As soon as you lose that bird you get swarmed with attacks every 30 mins or so with no opportunity to be able to defend yourself, since your castle is horrible and you have no troops or tools. Also, what about when you are not able to be on in game for a day or so? Then you are pretty much screwed as you'll return to an account with all it's heritages stolen. 

Building up the defences is also not an option because where are you supposed to get all the gold from apart from buying it with rubies? Looting lvl 1 robber barons for gold isn't cutting it.

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• phil84 (GB1)phil84 (GB1) Posts: 10GB1
    outer realms is now a complete and utter joke recruit get wiped out recruit get wiped out etc etc cant recruit enough troops to retaliate so once again gge have come up with yet another dumb idea the amount of negative comments on this forum just seems to go straight over their heads so once again the poor player has to put up with the crap that gets dished out on a regular basis and they cant understand why people  are leaving the game in their droves they will wake up one day and wonder why nobody is playing
    phil84 @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,617
    the perfect example of what happens when people who have no understanding of how the game is played, are put in a position of influence, add into the mix when those people's sole interest are in increasing rubyspend, and u get this kind of result.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • hamsters1 (GB1)hamsters1 (GB1) Posts: 222GB1
    An absolutely awful update yet another event that is now only good for the heavy spenders while the rest of us plebs should quite possibly avoid it like the plague in future.
    hamsters1 @ en 1
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 457NL1
    As soon as you lose that bird you get swarmed with attacks every 30 mins or so with no opportunity to be able to defend yourself, since your castle is horrible and you have no troops or tools. Also, what about when you are not able to be on in game for a day or so? Then you are pretty much screwed as you'll return to an account with all it's heritages stolen. 

Building up the defences is also not an option because where are you supposed to get all the gold from apart from buying it with rubies? Looting lvl 1 robber barons for gold isn't cutting it.

What bird? There wasn't any bird to be seen... Just attacks from the moment you enter the outer realms. First attack came immediately from a robber baron, just to rub it straight into your face what kind of event it's apparently supposed to be...
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 560AU1
    What a waste of time I have gone to OR and all it is going to be is constant attacks, not even a dove for first 24 hours, no strategy, just not going to be worth playing it now, WTG on how to ruin a promising event GGE!
    agree lack of bird is a mistake...I went over then went to bed..sure enough hit by 3 scavengers overnight before I had a chance to make things awkward for attackers, its depressing to start the event putting out fires
    Shares @ au 1
  • I kind of like this rework but i kind of don't as well, the good part is that super high level ruby buyers aren't COMPLETELY outclassing f2p'ers, meaning we do now have a little bit of a chance to get up there in the ranks, however what i don't like, is this method of getting the points, you get them from attacking ppl, meaning you can lose everything you have, just by being offline. 

• Offline ? You are never to go offline. Sleep is for the weak... LOL
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 609US1
    @LegendaryLia7 (INT1)  @redfroggy (US1)

Sleep?  Offline?  For a single person they're both allowed, and expected.  The account must never be unattended.  That means multiple people playing it either via hot seating, or pw sharing.  Oh, that's against the TOS you say?  I'm sure the exception is in the microdot printing in the 34th 'i' of the TOS.
  • outer realms is waste of time unless you spend rubies. nothing there to do so go put a building lving up and leave and come back to see you been hit 7/8 times to me its dumb when a lv 52 hits a lv11 

same as kindoms league event no chance against the rubie players the #1 in my division has more glory for event then i have in total lol.
  • Improvement? Total crap.

No pro when you turn up, so someone with time on their hands can get themselves a good castle, buy decent  troops and hit every 4 h, leaching away at your 'heritage' points, while you pop on when you have a few min spare to build.

Close to the last straw for me.

In its previosu incarnation, you had a bit of time to build up and then figure what you would do, inclding if you had the time and inclination to pay for stuff.

Outer realms rankings now has nothing to do with skill whatsover. You don't even have to build to do well, since points for buildings tiny compared to heritage you cn loot. Buy food, buy troops and off you go.

Which half wit thought this 'improvement' up?

Sorry, that was an insult to all half wits, and I apologise to them profusely.
  •   The heritage addition certainly fixes the scoring but it doesn’t improve it.  I don’t like SS scoring and only do that event now because I can’t afford anymore of a food deficit.  I dislike pelts and beads with a passion and it’s a shame outer realms is to be as artificial.  Play it when’s it’s first run when it’s fun then ignore it hereafter as improvements don’t help the majority of players and in general just wreck the experience.  Shame first run was fun.
    I think heritage scoring has made outer realms fit for those who have had a frontal lobotomy. The new improved OR has removed any need to engage a single neuron during gameplay. I guess GGS, as well as being keen on Wiemar Republic inflation have taken a course in Doublespeak, given the latest OR is apparently a massive 'improvement'.

• gopher42 (US1)gopher42 (US1) Posts: 28US1
    This round is unplayable except to the ruby whales.  Aside from honor, which is useless especially this round, there seems to be no penalty to hitting down level no matter the difference.  There's no way to even play this round unless you spend the same as the ruby whales.  Even the small ruby buyers like myself will be unable to keep up. 

I'm not buying rubies this round but I'll check on every so often.  Hoping for a better and fairer round next time.
  • Fordy (AU1)Fordy (AU1) Posts: 46AU1
    Congratulations GGE completely stuffed the Outers now... As many have stated those with deep pockets are the only ones who can benefit now. I just got wiped by a level 48 and i am 16 but there is nothing in place to prevent this happening many more times over the rest of the event. I was going to try to participate even though you have made the daily rankings be collected when everyone in my part of the world is asleep and would have their points wiped by the time its handed out. 
    If you are going to do it like this in future then surely you need to work on an average daily points tally not what is left at an arbitrary time.. 
    Rant over just glad I haven't spent my hard earned..
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,939ASIA1
     Remember my earlier post ?
    "The global event has like 30k players each month. In the end of the event 50% of the players are not playing. "

Let me edit it. "In the end of the event 90% of the players are not playing.|
    Great job, and well done gge. From what i read on this post, you can't even play the event , the event is not runing on asia 1 server, and i'm happy that is not runing, less lag on the server, and a less icon event on the main screen.
    Hell Ya
    More useless stuff in da game, wishing well still missing, royal capitals are missing. But hey let's improve the current events that are more useless and nobody plays them... 
    Literally.. The global event has like 30k players each month. In the end of the event 50% of the players are not playing. 

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• How is a player expected to build in the outter realm  when you can not loot wood and stone???  you guys really messed this one up good.  
    Jimmy Brewer @ usa 1
  • K1LLER (US1)K1LLER (US1) Posts: 560US1
    they need to cut the new troops price in half

• FlyingDutchManR (INT1)FlyingDutchManR (INT1) Posts: 5INT1
    edited 03.03.2019
    Do they even read this shit. Seems like everything goes right past their  heads.

Doing the opposite of what players want isn't really an exciting update lol.

Post edited by FlyingDutchManR (INT1) on
  • This 'improvement' is GGE at its best.

Level 34 can happily hit level 16.

Level 34 can buy vet horrors and quicklime bombs, level 16 cannot. A really level playing field.

How to make the OR work and improve it was simple. Instead, the glorious GGE improvement means hordes who arrived cannot be bothered, because as soon as they land they get hit 101 times and lose whatever heritage they had to start with. So they have little incentive to stay and develop their castle and play.

As with the main game, what was necessary was quite simple, instead we have loads of useless add ons that achieve nothing, except drive players away.

I guess this is a simpler and more profitable route to killing the game than just shutting it, as people might then go to court asking for a refund. What they do with the castles that are on 100 years protection I don't know - I always wondered if there was a lawyer behind some of those accounts...
Sign In to comment.