Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Forum Announcements Cleanup

BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Moderator Posts: 804
edited 27.12.2018 in General Discussion
Brave Warriors,

Many of you have come forward in regards to the numerous outdated announcements stickied within the forums. Your concerns were that these posts took up space and made it more difficult to navigate the forums with all the excessive clutter. Today I went through and have removed as many outdated announcements as I could find. I unstuck old announcements and other information now deemed irrelevant. These posts can still be found, but now they won't be pinned to the top of the different categories.

Since we cannot filter by all currently announced threads, it is possible a few have been overlooked. I'd like to use this discussion to welcome you to post links to threads you believe should either be unstickied or stickied again. This will continue to help us clear up unnecessary information and make the categories along with the recent discussion areas easier to navigate again.

I'd also like to take this time to quickly let everyone know that we will be opening a "Forum Assistance" category which will be nested under the "Technical Assistance" board. Once it is open, if you come across any forum issues, feel free to open threads within this board. Happy holidays to everyone!

Best Regards,

Neroxnex
Post edited by BM Neroxnex on

Comments

• Could the event schedules thread be pinned please? Its annoying having to scroll and look for it. Ty
    Louis Ren @ usa 1
  • Could the event schedules thread be pinned please? Its annoying having to scroll and look for it. Ty
    It appears to be pinned in the "Update Announcements" along with the recent discussions. Here's a link as well:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/341213/event-schedules-last-updated-on-30-11-2018
  • BIGfatLord (AU1)BIGfatLord (AU1) AU1 Posts: 504
    god bless you and your family!

• PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 321
    The events have been pinned like this for almost as long as there's been an events thread...but it must be the most posted "I can't find" request.....

It's in the section with the most stickies and never makes pole position because its updated by edit so it can get "overlooked".... bookmarks help but I can't see a way of going just to bookmarks or only seeing the bookmarked one - any tricks to give it a bit more high profile??
  • The events have been pinned like this for almost as long as there's been an events thread...but it must be the most posted "I can't find" request.....

It's in the section with the most stickies and never makes pole position because its updated by edit so it can get "overlooked".... bookmarks help but I can't see a way of going just to bookmarks or only seeing the bookmarked one - any tricks to give it a bit more high profile??

It's currently announced in the "Update Announcements" section along with the recent discussions area. My goal with cleaning up older announcements is it will make ones like these easier to find and more visible. I looked into what you mentioned and saw something on the post that was preventing it from moving up when replied to. I've gone ahead and updated this so next time someone posts on that thread it will stick to the top.
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 321
    nice one, Thanks - one down from top & i can see the new events now - 2 sams for January :)
  • The new Forum Assistance board is now live! We welcome you to post your forums related issues there. It is nested under the Technical Assistance board. Feel free to let us know if you have any issues pertaining to it. Thanks!
  • BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Moderator Posts: 804
    edited 21.02.2019
    Just made some changes to things announced in the forums and recent discussions. Hopefully this clears up the discussions a bit more. As always, let us know if you think someone was moved in error or you believe there is a certain thread that should / shouldn't be stickied. Thanks!
    It appears to be pinned in the "Update Announcements" along with the recent discussions. Here's a link as well:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/341213/event-schedules-last-updated-on-30-11-2018
    An update in the actual schedule would probably help also.  2018 is gone, where is schedule for 2019?

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • How about a place for ALL recent announcements of each new event and all inquiries about that event with it?  Several days ago I had heard about a bug in the Carnival Event, saying that the supposedly anonymous attacks were not anonymous and players were getting attacked in the real game screen for what happened under the event game screen.

I came to the forum and I searched heaven an earth for any information about Carnival of the Phoenix and found next to nothing about it, and most of the search results contained just a very minor reference to the Carnival.  I could not even find a link to the announcement of the Event to look at the description of what it was about and how it worked.  

I hear some very opinionated persons in this forum constantly saying "why don't you just search for it like everyone else does?" and not always in such pleasant tones or language.  Well, I just want to say that I am a searcher for information and evidence, in this game, any other game and in real life and politics, and I am very good at searching.  However, in this forum that doesn't always work.  There have been many times I have searched and find absolutely nothing about the topic.  For example just a few days ago, I spent more than 40 minutes searching the forum, and using various reiterations of the same type of search terms and I found absolutely nothing about this Carnival that contained any kind of real information about this Event.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • DK Banana (GB1)DK Banana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 84
    Searching here does not function - not even a basic boolean operator.

An update in the actual schedule would probably help also.  2018 is gone, where is schedule for 2019?

Looks updated to me. Make sure you are looking at the correct pages.

How about a place for ALL recent announcements of each new event and all inquiries about that event with it?  Several days ago I had heard about a bug in the Carnival Event, saying that the supposedly anonymous attacks were not anonymous and players were getting attacked in the real game screen for what happened under the event game screen.

I came to the forum and I searched heaven an earth for any information about Carnival of the Phoenix and found next to nothing about it, and most of the search results contained just a very minor reference to the Carnival.  I could not even find a link to the announcement of the Event to look at the description of what it was about and how it worked.  

I hear some very opinionated persons in this forum constantly saying "why don't you just search for it like everyone else does?" and not always in such pleasant tones or language.  Well, I just want to say that I am a searcher for information and evidence, in this game, any other game and in real life and politics, and I am very good at searching.  However, in this forum that doesn't always work.  There have been many times I have searched and find absolutely nothing about the topic.  For example just a few days ago, I spent more than 40 minutes searching the forum, and using various reiterations of the same type of search terms and I found absolutely nothing about this Carnival that contained any kind of real information about this Event.

You can catch announcements in the Recent Discussions or in the Update Announcements board.

Searching here does not function - not even a basic boolean operator.

The search function works, but there are a few issues. I'd recommend raising a thread in the Forum Assistance board. 
Sign In to comment.