We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

pw sharing

how does reporting pw sharing work, do you just send a request to gge to check ips or what?
also what kinda of penalty usually given?

:harold:
MFUGA

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,679
    yep varg hit the nail on the head,  thats exactly what happens.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Kvass (US1)Kvass (US1) Posts: 271RU1
    ofc, what else did i expect

:harold:
    MFUGA

• If a player is multi accounting or sharing passwords, you may report them to support via the link below. Support will check the accounts in accordance with their policies to identify whether or not any rules were broken. If so, they will take the appropriate actions. For privacy reasons, they are unable to share any actions they may take against the player(s). However, your ticket will be reviewed and it's not skipped over or automated.

https://support.goodgamestudios.com/
  • Rakan (SKN1)Rakan (SKN1) Posts: 211SKN1
    Snitch =)   get him boys and girls...
    Rakan @ skn 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,691GB1
    edited 21.02.2019
    If a player is multi accounting or sharing passwords, you may report them to support via the link below. Support will check the accounts in accordance with their policies to identify whether or not any rules were broken. If so, they will take the appropriate actions. For privacy reasons, they are unable to share any actions they may take against the player(s). However, your ticket will be reviewed and it's not skipped over or automated.

https://support.goodgamestudios.com/

I think the question was more specified towards how you report and what is needed, not what happens when you report. 

What for evidence do you need to send in and what evidence is relevant?
    Starting to write a report and then just typing "X player is multiaccounting" and then click submit report, isn't going to cut it right? 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,845INT3
    edited 22.02.2019
    It is rather humorous.  On my INT1 account, I have been invited to several branches of a certain alliance.  I always ask the same question:  Do you allow Multis?  I have not had one reply with: NO.  

Some call it by other names:  "Oh, I let my brother play my account when I am not available.  But, we don't multi-account."  "I have my main account, and my admin account."

PW Sharing is just as much a violation of ToS as "true" Multi-accounting.  

Sounds like a duck, walks like a duck, and smells like manure...……….
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• I think the question was more specified towards how you report and what is needed, not what happens when you report. 

What for evidence do you need to send in and what evidence is relevant?
    Starting to write a report and then just typing "X player is multiaccounting" and then click submit report, isn't going to cut it right? 

Great question and thank you for the clarification. You will mainly just need to supply support with the names of the suspected accounts. GGS has the ability to compare the technical aspects of said accounts and will be able to determine if there are any connections between them.

I'd personally recommend just reporting 2 accounts at a time. While some players may have more -- taking the primary 2 accounts and reporting them will make it easier on GGS to take an in-depth look. If that does or doesn't go well, you may try with any other accounts you suspect are connected.

For evidence, once again you'll mainly just need the names, GGS can look into the behind the scenes stuff. If you have any screenshots of messages that may indicate they are multi'ing, this may help, but again is not required. The main evidence is going to come from what GGS can determine from a technical standpoint.

As always, report outcomes aren't shared with players for privacy reasons. Just because you don't know the outcome, doesn't mean it's been ignored.
    no but when the same players are still multi accounting after about 6 years and hundreds if not thousands of reports, then you know its being ignored.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Great question and thank you for the clarification. You will mainly just need to supply support with the names of the suspected accounts. GGS has the ability to compare the technical aspects of said accounts and will be able to determine if there are any connections between them.

I'd personally recommend just reporting 2 accounts at a time. While some players may have more -- taking the primary 2 accounts and reporting them will make it easier on GGS to take an in-depth look. If that does or doesn't go well, you may try with any other accounts you suspect are connected.

For evidence, once again you'll mainly just need the names, GGS can look into the behind the scenes stuff. If you have any screenshots of messages that may indicate they are multi'ing, this may help, but again is not required. The main evidence is going to come from what GGS can determine from a technical standpoint.

That's great - out of interest whats GGE policy in terms of banning once evidentially it can be proved. Can you publish it so we can all see in written down. Are GGE support familiar with your policy and difficult question time do they actually enforce it.  How many goes / chances / warnings does the offending player have before GGE call it a day on that account and the other one (or two or three) and ban permanently cos I can think of a few that have had the 'three strikes your out' in the last fortnight alone and are still playing with their free troops. The impression thus given is small bans are done but permanent ones are not despite persistent and sustained breaches of the T/Cs
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,691GB1
    edited 22.02.2019
    The way it's described to work like is not actually what happens which is the main issue. 

Either:  1. the reported players are not being dealth with or 2. the reported players only receives smaller punishments (which doesn't make any sense because how come some players  who have been reported hundreds of times during a prolonged period of time still are not permanenly banned yet?) or 3. GGS actually do not have the tools to track these accounts down, which would be strange since this is their own game we are talking about so they should have access to all the data of individual accounts. 

This is also not the first forum thread regarding this topic and if there are multiple threads being made and if there are a lot of people talking about this then you know something is not right. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• That's great - out of interest whats GGE policy in terms of banning once evidentially it can be proved. Can you publish it so we can all see in written down. Are GGE support familiar with your policy and difficult question time do they actually enforce it.  How many goes / chances / warnings does the offending player have before GGE call it a day on that account and the other one (or two or three) and ban permanently cos I can think of a few that have had the 'three strikes your out' in the last fortnight alone and are still playing with their free troops. The impression thus given is small bans are done but permanent ones are not despite persistent and sustained breaches of the T/Cs

Multi accounts, once verified as a multis, are banned forever. This leaves behind only the oldest of the reported accounts, often referred to as the player's "main" or "primary" account. Their primary account will then be given a temp ban. The length is dependent on the number of offenses, I'm unsure of the times off the top of my head and don't want to give wrong numbers. However, as previously stated, the "multi" will immediately be removed forever.

The way it's described to work like is not actually what happens which is the main issue. 

Either:  1. the reported players are not being dealth with or 2. the reported players only receives smaller punishments (which doesn't make any sense because how come some players  who have been reported hundreds of times during a prolonged period of time still are not permanenly banned yet?) or 3. GGS actually do not have the tools to track these accounts down, which would be strange since this is their own game we are talking about so they should have access to all the data of individual accounts. 

This is also not the first forum thread regarding this topic and if there are multiple threads being made and if there are a lot of people talking about this then you know something is not right. 

1. I can assure you all reports / tickets are reviewed. Only those with the required evidence against them are dealt with as we want to ensure all actions taken are legit and warranted.

2. The number of reports against someone does not impact the results. If someone is reported 1 time or 100 times it all comes down to the same requirements before a ban is placed. If anything, reporting someone so many times may make it look suspicious. The multi, if verified, is banned / removed forever. Whereas the main account will get its own punishment as well.

3. GGS does have the tools for this and is constantly improving them. Your reports help them know where to focus their efforts and does help them catch multi accounts, even if you don't know what actions were taken.

I understand there were multiple threads and therefore I'm trying to clear up as much as I can. While it may be a bit older, you can always read more about ban times here.
    If thats true how do you explain the same old players are running the same old multiple accounts they have been running for 5-6 years now ?

Either GGS are not checking accounts / banning accounts. Or the systems they have in place simply are not good enough, I bet every server could reel off a list of very very well known multis, and those same players have been around for many many years, and been reported many many times.

I am sorry but it just doesnt ring true, whatever systems GGS in place for checking simply dont work, there are in increasing number of 24/7 accounts running you know a human that can play the game for 24 hrs a day week in week out ?

Whatever procedures they have to check simply do not work, and I think anyone who has played the game long enough know this.

The reality is the bans need to be automatic, ie reporting of cheating should be a last check, but really you would like to think that GGS's would be able to quickly deal with and ban players cheating without any need for players to report.

GGS needs to find a way to stay 1 step ahead of the cheats because right now they are about 10 steps behind, and showing very little effort to catch up.

The truth is bans are way too slow, way too infrequent, and way too lienient.  And GGS's checks are WAY to easily fooled by little pieces of software that are very easily available.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) Posts: 201GB1
    Nail on head Phil

GGS know exactly who the big multis are but turn a blind eye because they are their main sources of revenue

DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) Posts: 524GB1
    they are quick to ban you if you say something in a message. banned me within a day for swearing
    so seems they act very quickly on swearing but not on bots vpn multi accounts.
  • it's funny all the crying on here about shared passwords . . . when the people reporting other people have a lot of shared passwords and multi accounting going on in their own alliances, along with bots being used, lol.   i'm sure those low level accounts are noobs to game. 

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    The players recently permanently banned on GB1 included players who led or had led top ranked alliance.  So no it isn’t noobs.  It’s established players in successful alliances who assess the risks of bans as being less of a penalty than the rewards gained from breaking the rules.  Given a level playing field they don’t win wars, they don’t win events and they aren’t top ranked players.  The accrued advantage remains greater than the penalty so the problem remains.  And the irony is those of us who raise these concerns also take direct action.  When I found one of my alliances players seeking to use an account in another alliance to gain an advantage and create a conflict with an old ally I moved to that alliance and defended the attacks sent which I believe were effectively illegal.  So we try to do the right thing through action not just words.  
    Batten @ en 1
Sign In to comment.