Home Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

fusion forges

Is there any one in this game able to explain how fusion forges work and what to expect from fusion?

Answers

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    Don't expect much from any fusion, especially if you don't have your forge upgraded a bunch.

Best way to explain it is to say the UI is horrible, and that you should work the icons from right to left on the top.  That way, you know how much you have of the various items before you spend them, since that is NEVER shown in the screen you actually spend them in.  There really are 4 things to the fusing itself: The deco you want to upgrade, the one you're using up, the catalyst, and how much energy you have.  Only upgrade the best deco you got, and if it's under 300(and that might be too low) don't even bother except to familiarize yourself with the process.  The better the sacrificial deco and catalyst you use, the more deco experience your upgraded deco will get.  Once the upgraded deco has enough experience points, it get a little more po.

• bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 664
    in this experimental stage I am getting some results but I was more wondering about might.
    the goddess of nature as an example has many variation in might and PO
    is there a limit in PO and will the decoration move to a next might level when maximum PO is reached.
    what influence does forge level have and what is maximum forge level.
    are there any formula available
    I love reading fucking manuals but good games excels in obscuring documentation that most likely does not exist at all
  • well this was no help at all.  I have tried to select a decoration (in storage, as suggested), a catalyst, and energy but could not get them to join-----the button in lower right corner stays inactive.  Please can someone who knows how to do fusion explain better,  Thank you !!
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,159
    edited 24.02.2019
    Start here and select the middle square:

Change the view to ALL, or to the castle / OP the target deco is located in:

Pick the deco.  We will use this Gold Knight. Level 6, PO: 130

Next you are to select BOTH the source and catalyst.  Press the left square. (marked in yellow)

The source MUST be in storage.  We will use the Fusion Park, and a level 7 catalyst. (highlighted in yellow)

Now we check that we have everything we need.

1 - Target

2- Source

3 - Catalyst

4 - Enough Fusion Energy

Bottom left of screen shows how much Fusion Energy is needed, along with how many Fusion Coins and in this case Charcoal is needed.  Of course, you could use the bottom right section for "Premium Fusion" and use Fusion Energy and Rubies.  Premium gives higher results.  (Or so they say...… I have not tried it)

Press the desired button.  We are pressing Standard Fusion.  

Fusion is complete!  The Fusion Park and catalyst are gone, and the Gold Knight is now level 27.

The resulting Gold Knight now has 235 PO.

"Simple" as that...…………...
    Post edited by Wasso (INT3) on
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 352
    Nice one Wasso.... or the early adopters could have watched a 3 hour* video from a couple of ggs developers trying to explain what you succinctly did in half a page.

*It definitely felt like it was 3 hours long......
    I am aware of how it works
    but the question, is there a limit in PO and will the decoration move to a next might level when maximum PO is reached.
    what influence does forge level have and what is maximum forge level.
    are there any formula available is still a secret.
    what source and what catalist to use and what will be differences,
    again, what is the formula behind it all

Honestly, I do not know the answers to all your questions.  However, I played with the forge a little more today and can say a couple of things for certain, and I can guess at a couple.

First -  Limit in Total PO and then move to the next might level:  DOUBTFUL.   There is nothing that talks about might points being increased.  Only PO.  Also, I upgraded the Gold Knight again, and the PO in now 290, but the might points are staying at 10.  I do not see a limit on the PO levels either.  My suspicion is that the cost to upgrade will continue to increase exponentially leaving a de-facto limit where is simply is no longer worth the cost.

Second - Forge level influence and Max Forge:  This is where things really start to get complicated.  The Forge Level gives a couple of things.  Increased Fusion Energy Capacity,  Increased Recharge Rate, and Bonus Fusion XP amount.  The first 2 are fairly straight forward.  More capacity and faster recharge to fill it.  (The more you upgrade the Deco, the more energy it takes the next time)  The 3rd item is the Bonus amount.  I will try to explain the bonus structure below.  As for the Max forge Level, I do not know.

Third - Secret formula: Probably, but it is still a secret to me.

Fourth - What source and catalyst to use, and what are the differences:  The Catalyst only changes the chance for the bonus. Below is level 7 catalyst, in this case 24%  (Explanation below)  The source will influence the base amount of the XP increase and the base bonus chance %.  From this screenshot you can see the selected Fusion Park has 2,006 XP to increase, and bonus chance of 19%.  The one to the left, would have 2,567 XP to increase and bonus chance of 22%.

However, to complicate things, the level of the target will influence the amount that shows here.  Using the 290PO Gold Knight in this same set up, only shows 1,915 for the same Fusion Park and 15% bonus chance and the level 7 catalyst is only 12%.  So, the higher the level of the target, the lower the amount the same source will effect it.

Fifth - What is the formula behind it all:  I suspect there IS one, but not likely a simple one.  

For the truly curious, I will attempt to explain the Bonus Structure:  

1 - Fusion XP.  This is the starting point for the fusion increase based on the Target and the Source.

2 - Bonus fusion XP chance.  This is the amount from the Source added to the amount from the catalyst.  In the screenshot above it would be 19 + 24 = 43% chance for the Bonus XP.  Below was from today's upgrade, but I did not record the amounts.  Clearly it added up to 48%.   When using Premium fusion, the chance becomes 100% and the original chance becomes an extra boost on top.

3 - Bonus Fusion XP.  The amount the bonus adds, should you get it.

At the bottom, to the left of the GREEN Checkmark is the total.  48% chance of bonus, bonus of 86, standard of 1,950.  Basically, a coin flip of getting 1,950 or 2,036 from the standard fusion.  You can get the guaranteed increase of 2,077 from the Premium fusion - Shown in the blue part of the chart.  Basically, the Premium ensures the bonus plus a bit more.

Personally, I wont upgrade the forge much, and probably wont use it much either.  As I get better Deco, I will move them around to the proper place.

tl:dr - The benefits are decent for upgrading low level PO Deco until the Player is able to earn the higher level ones. 

Hope that helps someone...….my head hurts...………..

Good night.
    Sleep well.

well, thanks all for the attempts but the only thing that is clear is that it is not clear.
    rest to find out what is more important to look at, PO or might and if it is smart to forge low might ornaments.
    goddess of nature and rocky horror are two examples of the look alike but with very different might value.

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 654
    Might is not influenced by the fusion process, so if might is important to you, you should only upgrade those decorations that already have high might values.
    Personally I don't care much for might, because it doesn't have any influence on the production in my castles. PO does.
    Wiglema (NL1)
    Personally I don't care much for might, because it doesn't have any influence on the production in my castles. PO does.
    100% agree.  Might is another form of Bling.  Doesn't do anything, but is pretty to look at.

Kinda like the weather channel...…….. 
    Good night.
    Sleep well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file