Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Dear GGE

Retsef (US1)Retsef (US1) US1 Posts: 10
edited 21.02.2019 in General Discussion
I've noticed a pattern with many of the updates you implement.  Frequently, things are introduced to the game and then later are either de-valued, or simply become completely irrelevant.  I would like to request that you begin to re-examine the features of the game that currently exist and have been overlooked rather than continue to implement updates that seem completely superfluous and frankly, confusing.

For example, the game was very exciting when Capitals where introduced. Now, Capitals are nearly pointless.  They provide an extra barracks and KGs, but anyone who actively plays the game can create better troops by obtaining glory titles.  Therefore, Capitals no longer serve a practical purpose nor do they hold value.  Not only that, but it is nearly impossible to lose a Capital or Metro due to overpowering KT bonuses which are too easy to obtain and hold.  Thus, you have discouraged any PVP competition along those lines.  Why struggle to obtain something that has little or no value?

Other examples:
  • Underworld event - exactly like the thorn king, and absolutely pointless/obsolete.  
  • Thorn king event - exactly like the underworld event, and absolutely pointless/obsolete.
  • Capital city - absolutely no purpose.
  • RVs - they used to be fun to fight over, but now you cannot capture and attack from them, and if you play the game at a basic level you can eventually phase them out with personal RVs which are an invisible non existent way of increasing production, making the entire concept obsolete.
  • Foreign Lords - exactly the same as the Bloodcrows, they merely provide an easy way of getting glory but they are essentially pointless
  • Bloodcrows - See above.
  • Samurai event - essentially the same as nomads, without the equivalent of a Kahn camp.  It's like having vanilla, and vanilla bean... BASICALLY the same thing
  • Storm Islands - I can't speak for anyone else, but the only reason I build a castle there is to produce extra troops - the whole thing is obsolete and pointless
  • Decoration forge - totally convoluted considering the small reward it provides
  • Shapeshifters - nobody would care if this event disappeared, the only thing anyone likes is the rewards which are incredibly easy to get.
  • Metros - they provide a nice food bonus, but in the past that food bonus was a significant percentage of the possible food you could produce, now they are merely nice to have whereas they used to be worth fighting wars over.
  • PVP gameplay in general.  If you don't want to suffer any losses, keep your troops out of your castles and put up a fire/loot cast.  At some point you made it prohibitively expensive to open gates, presumably to prevent players to have a way out of being "lit up" for too long but now it's so easy to create a fire cast, that there's no reason to even bother opening gates.  In essence, you can open gates indefinitely because you can prevent people from setting you on fire AND taking your resources.
  • The Penny wishing well thing... helloooooo
  • Where has the shady lady been?  Are you giving up on her?
  • There's also multiple events going on even as I type this - seasonal contest/ ice championship, then the tournament with the season pass thing.  Half the time I get rewards and I'm not even sure what I did to get them.
Now you have also introduced the Outer realms and in an effort to force people to participate in an event they don't truly care for, you've introduced building tokens to create new buildings.  I'm sure this event will follow the same foot steps as the storm islands and become obsolete.

There is a clear pattern of introducing events, allowing them to become obsolete, and then introducing more new features and events that are either so similar to other events that their purpose is confusing, or so incredibly different from anything else that it seems like it doesn't even belong in the same game. 

Please, GGE, before you continue to add more features and events to this game, consider "cutting the fat" and getting rid of the things that no longer serve a purpose.  Also please consider taking a close look at your desired gameplay experience.  Is it PVP driven, or NPC driven?  It seems odd to encourage both, as they both appeal to different kinds of people.  Please, please, please... decide what you want, and be the best at it.  You seem to go in so many different directions it's frankly dumbfounding.

Sincerely,

Retsef, aka someone who's been playing this game since 2012.  Back when the coolest thing to pop up in front of a castle was the alchemist, may he Rest In Peace.

Post edited by Retsef (US1) on

Comments

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    Nice post, if only they would listen
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,332
    Please, please, please... decide what you want, and be the best at it.

They have.    They want to be a Ruby Sales Website.

Mission accomplished...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Shady Lady event is here at least once every 2 weeks...

I agree with most of this but I know some who have no idea about Thorn king and the others so it's a nice change for new players and to get those achievements. The rest of us...I like spending points on look items now. Crows and FL's are a chore now when all you get is castles any level 20 and above can beat. It's a big insult to the rest of us who worked our tails off in the past for the good equipment you could get. Now it's all about the ruby whales...
    Lady Twilight @ usa 1
  • I'm going to take some time this weekend to digest this and prepare it in one of our weekly / monthly feedback submissions. Rest assured, I will bring this to the attention of the Community Management and Development Teams. What they decide to do with it from there is up to them, but nevertheless we will raise it.
  • Retsef (US1)Retsef (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    I'm going to take some time this weekend to digest this and prepare it in one of our weekly / monthly feedback submissions. Rest assured, I will bring this to the attention of the Community Management and Development Teams. What they decide to do with it from there is up to them, but nevertheless we will raise it.
    Thank you.  I'd like to emphasize one aspect in particular, the capitals.  I don't remember any update bringing as much excitement to the game as they did.  EVERYONE wanted a Capital.  Long, intense, and sometimes brief wars were fought over them.  Now, it's highly unlikely that they will ever change hands and nobody cares enough to fight for one.  Besides, a decent team with 65 players only needs to hold a few Royal Towers in order to prevent someone from taking their Capital.  I think everyone would agree, a team of 65 players would have to be incredibly inept or simply done playing in order for that to happen.
  • Contra (US1)Contra (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    I'd add at least one more major frustration.  The Blood Crows and Foreign invasions have become so weak as to be a joke. 
    The castles are weak and the attacks are a joke.  These events have become extremely frustrating and boring.
    I know this was a major complaint in the past.  So in typical GGE fashion a way to "buy" better castles or randomly replace them from the same awful pool.
    I think it would make players far less frustrated if the pools weren't stacked with a very high percentage of weak castles.

Contra @ usa 1
    "Therefore, we devised a different solution where we can control the process of player’s progression more easily to keep the motivation of players for a longer period and enjoy their gaming experience."   GGS regarding the Nov 2017 Update

Translation: We are restricting player progress making it slower to achieve your goals, more frustrating and boring. We expect you to enjoy.

• kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 259

examples:
    • Underworld event - exactly like the thorn king, and absolutely pointless/obsolete.  
    • Thorn king event - exactly like the underworld event, and absolutely pointless/obsolete

You forgot Blades Pirate.  But when GGS did stop these events, players started an uproar.  Now you want to do away them again.  Makes little sense.  GGS damned if do and damn if you don't.  Everytime GGS tries some of your suggestions the uproar is great they retreat.  So instead of blaming GGS (which seems to be the favorite pastime here) every time they try something, provide with real constructive criticism on what to change.  GGS could announce there will be a new update on March 1st today and not state anything else and members here would rant and rave about how bad a update it is.

Give GGS and The BM here a break occasionally. And do remember BM are not GGS employees they are volunteers that hope the experience can be useful
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    part of the problem with the older events is that the rewards for doing them are so out of date, it would only need a tiny little tweek to make them relevent again.

Unfortunatly GGe bring out new stuff, and then totally forget that the new stuff will make the old stuff obsolete!!

Like when it brought out level 14 & Level 15 base food items, at the same time it brought them out it needed to upgrade the prizes for winning events to level 15, its not really difficult or that time consuming but it does need planning, right ok we are upgrading x what is it going to make obsolete ok we will upgrade that at the same time.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Retsef (US1)Retsef (US1) US1 Posts: 10

examples:
    • Thorn king event - exactly like the underworld event, and absolutely pointless/obsolete

You forgot Blades Pirate.  But when GGS did stop these events, players started an uproar.  Now you want to do away them again.  Makes little sense.  GGS damned if do and damn if you don't.  Everytime GGS tries some of your suggestions the uproar is great they retreat.  So instead of blaming GGS (which seems to be the favorite pastime here) every time they try something, provide with real constructive criticism on what to change.  GGS could announce there will be a new update on March 1st today and not state anything else and members here would rant and rave about how bad a update it is.

Give GGS and The BM here a break occasionally. And do remember BM are not GGS employees they are volunteers that hope the experience can be useful
    Thanks, I forgot about that one.  GGS does't need to stop anything, just update them.  I think it makes perfect sense that something with rewards that are no longer relevant should be updated or replaced.  I can give the BM a break, although I'm not sure why since I didn't criticize any BMs whatsoever.  But after playing the game for more than 6 years I will not give GGS a break.  This is not my first rodeo.  But if you want to be their knight in shining armor feel free, just remember they aren't going to give you any extra rubies for your unsolicited efforts.

• kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    I do not disagree that the rewards should probably be tweak if the event is being kept.  They have just done this with the Nobility contest and surprising I have not heard many complaints.  So maybe GGS will continue with that trend.
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    Yes, improve the rewards for thorn/blade/underworld and for storm but otherwise leave them alone.  Everything else is so much brainless whack a mole that the guy who runs the trains the best wins.  I'm sorry but constantly running trains is boring.
  • I do not disagree that the rewards should probably be tweak if the event is being kept.  They have just done this with the Nobility contest and surprising I have not heard many complaints.  So maybe GGS will continue with that trend.
    I think the complaint is more with "it takes them ages" than "they don't do it"

Took them ages to update nobility, when they add stuff every month, much of which makes other things obsolete. If they planned it out in the update to, say, "Made all level 10 build item top 1 rewards level 15 build items" they'd keep things relevant by updating the top rewards of all events that give that specific item to the new version, etc.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • personally, I at least use thorn to get look items and snipe troops, and was really happy when they reinstated that. assassins are among the best troops in the game and completely worth their cost

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file