We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: January Update Notes

Comments

• http://prntscr.com/mafvw0 does this mean foreign and bloodcrow castles are bots ?
    Did you actually believe it was real (time)? GGS actually NEVER stated it's real (time). It has always been from a recorded attack from several months prior to the introduction of the event. The pool containing this recorded attack was NEVER updated (evidence by extinct troop type, such as Lion/Bear troops, rip...).

There was a time, GGS floated the idea they MAY change it to actually sent the current attack from 1 server to other server (with random target) in later time (not real time). But that NEVER come to fruition.

So in a way, yes, it's a bot. And it has been like that from the get go.
  • League:
    14 days
    21 possible titles
    2 days in and only the person that won gold both days has advanced to the second title.
    14/2 = 7
    Can we look forward to only being able to reach the seventh title if we win the gold every day? Or will they extend the League event to 42days and the person wins the gold every day to reach the 21st title?

If you put out there is a booster to be bought so you can reach the 21st title then I will probably be banned from forum for a while for my reply post. I am going to start working on a reply now because this is going to take a while to work out a post that will not be removed.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • Thank you to QueenB for posting that the normal run time will be 6 weeks. I apparently was correct above.

Now then:

It would be great public relations for GGE to give us information versus keeping the players in the dark about the mechanics of the events. For the League:
    1) How many points does it take to go from one title to the next? If it is different for each title, then how much for each increase?
    2) How many points is each medal worth?

Only 3 players in my league have advanced past the initial title. Information is needed if you don't want people totally turned OFF from this event. In addition, I can tell you now, if you have to win the gold medal for 42 days straight to reach the 21st title, you can look for a lot of players to give the middle finger to this event! I imagine the cost of the "season pass" was figured with someone getting all of the titles. I foresee this only happening in a small percentages of the different leagues which makes the "pass" WAY overpriced. Who is going to spend 284k rubies when they can only reasonably reach the lower half of the titles? If 284k ruby pass cost was figured for the 2 week event will it be 3 times that for a 6 week event?

INFORMATION PLEASE!

Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,623GB1
    GGE dont like giving actual usefull information, that way they can change stuff and claim oh it was an error!!  

And you can be pretty sure that always means the player losing out.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • I personally am fed up with all these EQ updates, I would love too see a 4th realm and a 4th op give us something else to concentrate on that's not events or EQ chasing
  • League:
    14 days
    21 possible titles
    2 days in and only the person that won gold both days has advanced to the second title.
    14/2 = 7
    Can we look forward to only being able to reach the seventh title if we win the gold every day? Or will they extend the League event to 42days and the person wins the gold every day to reach the 21st title?

If you put out there is a booster to be bought so you can reach the 21st title then I will probably be banned from forum for a while for my reply post. I am going to start working on a reply now because this is going to take a while to work out a post that will not be removed.
    i might be wrong but everyone is going to get all the prizes this time round due to the free season pass. Check the text of the season pass help page - we get the title rewards, the end of event title awards and if you look at the season page it should already say you are getting the top prize.

They said next time it'll be a lot longer so people have chance to get all the titles
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) Posts: 198GB1
    GGE you have kind of missed a trick here.  Subscription Level 2 is not exactly cheap for three enhancements.  The big spenders are going to buy it anyway, but for the moderate spenders it really is a considered purchase.

When you added the food storage bonus and it appeared everywhere in Green, it suddenly made subscription 2 considerably more attractive to those who are not big/regular spenders.  Yes, it was an error, but a good one.  Now you have removed it the bonus:cost ratio is much reduced.

Really it would have been beneficial to leave it in all Ops as well as Main and I am sure it would have increased your subscribers as news of the great benefit got around.  Sometimes great things are discovered by mistake - this was one such thing.  What a shame you couldn't recognise that and run with it.  Have a think about putting it back to include ops again, will you?
    Osiris @ en 1
  • League:
    14 days
    21 possible titles
    14/2 = 7

i might be wrong but everyone is going to get all the prizes this time round due to the free season pass. Check the text of the season pass help page - we get the title rewards, the end of event title awards and if you look at the season page it should already say you are getting the top prize.

They said next time it'll be a lot longer so people have chance to get all the titles
    You get all the prizes for the title you reach. The season pass only gives you the prizes that are outlined in yellow for each of the levels and the end prize.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • Alliance subscriptions, a good thing but the way they are automatically deducted, sorry hommie don't play that game.

The FL/BC castles not attacking, not a good thing.

Dethroning, a good thing, having to dethrone because of worthless castles, not a good thing.

Super bonus deals, a good thing, only providing them the first day of the event, not so good.

• AWC  (US1)AWC (US1) Posts: 320US1
    What could we expect? GGE has a revolving door, none of the current / new annual interns have any idea how to play GGE, they work Pro Bono for resume fluffing,  only familiar with simple game designs like Bubble/Gem Busters. By the summer the current DEV's will be shown the door and the new patch of probono dev's will be eschewed in and flogged to "IMPROVE" the game.

Mean while management will sip expressos and pat their backs on maintaining status quo and job well done. Performance bonus please.
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

http://classiclit.about.com/od/mobyd...mobydickqu.htm
  • There's no way this game NEEDS subscription features. Just another place to empty your wallet; but wait! GGS has made it easier by automating it so that you can try it once, forget about it then realize several months later (via the bank calling)  that your account has been bled dry and you owe overdraft fees. 

Pretty soon this will be a game where you have to pay to play and pay even more to stay in competition.
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) Posts: 288SKN1
    I dont like those subscritions, I still have them. that alliance subscrition needs to be changed, now there is possibility that alliance has 25orders and for example then 4players thinks about ordering but they dont get anything more, that sunscription should be the way that every order gives something to alliance, I dont know any good reason why it isnt that way, now even ggs probably loses some money because that examples 4players are not going to order that package and that samething probably happens in every alliance, only difference of course that smaller alliances it could be 2 or 3 players who doesnt order it because of that.

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,623GB1
    Am I missing something on this kingdom league thing.

Firstly how on earth does the kingdom title promotion work, as i was in a group of 10 and 1 guy didnt have a single medal showing and I gad a gold and 3 silver and had a lower title than him?  How does that work ?

Also to be honest I dont even see the point in it. so I get 9 construction points for doing nothing / not hitting a single thing all event, and I only get 12 for getting the anhialator title, which I am guessing is next to impossible and probably involves you getting golds in every single event.  

Whats the point in that?   add to the fact it costs 120 to build a single building I am going to have to get the anhialator reward 10 times in a row to build a single building.   It doesnt make sense.  Maybe when the building cost 12  not 120 it made more sense.   But it doesnt look right to me get 9 for doing nothing get 12 for being the best player on your server and busting a gut in the process.   Nah,  not for me i will take the easy 9 thanks.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Also the way the event is structured is way unfair towards the low level players.
    Is unacceptable to put  6 wavers with 4 wavers during a glory event.
    Dumb ass updates keep on coming all the time.
    Funny how GGE tries to twist things around what players actually want.

• Who ever decided on the way you decide who you are up against in kingdom league wants sacking . How can you justify placing a level 40 with 103k might with 6 level 70s with might of 1.5 million 900k and so on .

Then I am forgetting that with GGE everything comes down to money it wouldn't look good a low level non ruby player winning would it .

GGE you are killing this game for your 30 bits of silver . Stop and think before you mess up any more good ideas , I understand you need to make money but if you really need to place level 40s with level 70s ledge 800 allow a % of their points to be used in kingdom league as it is you are all being made to look stupid and greedy like the town crier in oliver

• Imagine GGE making a good update pmsl
    what is that carnival of the phoenix? and where is that royal capital thing that I have heard some rumors?

Who ever decided on the way you decide who you are up against in kingdom league wants sacking . How can you justify placing a level 40 with 103k might with 6 level 70s with might of 1.5 million 900k and so on .

Then I am forgetting that with GGE everything comes down to money it wouldn't look good a low level non ruby player winning would it .

GGE you are killing this game for your 30 bits of silver . Stop and think before you mess up any more good ideas , I understand you need to make money but if you really need to place level 40s with level 70s ledge 800 allow a % of their points to be used in kingdom league as it is you are all being made to look stupid and greedy like the town crier in oliver

so are saying it is fair that some level 40 player gets better prizes from that event than most of the over 70 levels?

• With sever war going on between KON  and MISC sure would be nice to have more PRIME TIMES for rubies GGE  missing out on income
Sign In to comment.