We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Garments of the shadow sorcerer - Shapeshifter Castellan

Comments

• I can maybe accept the first 2 (still too powerfull) that you can buy without ruby's since it probably takes at least 6 months to get 1. However, ruby buyers already have an edge in SS and now they get another edge with the ruby cast.
  • With this new cast being 120/120, 100 CY and 50 wall, it is by far the strongest castellan i have ever seen in the game, even with custom gem combinations you will not reach these numbers, and this is even without a look item, which could make this cast 120 cy or 70 wall, EXCLUDING hall bonuses. This will let someone with 4k sentinels defend a fully fledged ruby hit. This is outrageous. To come even remotely close to defeating this cast we would need commanders with over 160 CY and 90 wall. This is getting so far out of hand it's absolutely insane.
    well some of us have a commander with 160CY and 70flank :) which can get to 160 cy 90 flank in the near future

• Kyriakos (GB1)Kyriakos (GB1) Posts: 38GB1
    With this new cast being 120/120, 100 CY and 50 wall, it is by far the strongest castellan i have ever seen in the game, even with custom gem combinations you will not reach these numbers, and this is even without a look item, which could make this cast 120 cy or 70 wall, EXCLUDING hall bonuses. This will let someone with 4k sentinels defend a fully fledged ruby hit. This is outrageous. To come even remotely close to defeating this cast we would need commanders with over 160 CY and 90 wall. This is getting so far out of hand it's absolutely insane.
    well some of us have a commander with 160CY and 70flank :) which can get to 160 cy 90 flank in the near future
    Well most of us don't have commanders like that :) I've seen only a few commanders on the UK1 server with 170%+ Courtyard, presumably with 5 max level Courtyard gems, and only the big 3 alliances seem to have them. However, I don't know what set you need to get courtyard to that high.
    ~~ Kyriakos

General at Odin's Fury

• --Syed-- (ASIA1)--Syed-- (ASIA1) Posts: 24ASIA1
    edited 18.01.2019
    Dang!
    I just said about that yesterday, in the January update discussion.
    This is good except that ruby purchase option,an 'UPPER HAND' for all the ruby whales.
    This Cast set was meant to lessen the gap b/w Ruby players and simple ones but don't know if that'll happen.
    Otherwise good step! 
    AND there is nothing balanced out as well :open_mouth:
    It just got stronger! 

Cost:

Garments of the shadow sorcerer (Charm version): 87000 Charms

Garments of the shadow sorcerer (Insignia version):37000 Insignias

Post edited by --Syed-- (ASIA1) on
    Proud General Of Drunken Fist 
    Current level: 70 L.L 258 (16-2-19) 
    Base PP: 700K+ 

Non-Ruby Player 
    That's all... ;)

https://prnt.sc/ij4z4u
    https://prnt.sc/ij4zc1

• kaiapple (AU1)kaiapple (AU1) Posts: 10AU1
    Completely broken. The weakest cast is already like the demon eagle.
  • kaiapple (AU1)kaiapple (AU1) Posts: 10AU1
    I really don't see that many nerfs tbh. Changed it from charms to rubies. I thought they would actually change it
  • Dang!
    This is good except that ruby purchase option,an 'UPPER HAND' for all the ruby whales.
    This Cast set was meant to lessen the gap b/w Ruby players and simple ones but don't know if that'll happen.
    Otherwise good step! 
    It just got stronger! 

Cost:

lol at my current rates of earning  - the insignia will take 50 active SS days , the Charm one 250 ish depending on first days attacks ! - the ruby one is a pipe dream and could never buy as would need to win the lottery !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • How to purchase rubies with paytm 
    Explain me
  • --Syed-- (ASIA1)--Syed-- (ASIA1) Posts: 24ASIA1
    Dang!
    Otherwise good step! 
    It just got stronger! 

Cost:

lol at my current rates of earning  - the insignia will take 50 active SS days , the Charm one 250 ish depending on first days attacks ! - the ruby one is a pipe dream and could never buy as would need to win the lottery !
    Yeah that's a problem for bigger servers though.
    For me i can get the insignia one in 6 events that's a total time span of 2 months! 
    By getting around 700-800 insignias!
    Anyways good luck hope you complete it soon!
    Proud General Of Drunken Fist 
    Current level: 70 L.L 258 (16-2-19) 
    Base PP: 700K+ 

Non-Ruby Player 
    That's all... ;)

https://prnt.sc/ij4z4u
    https://prnt.sc/ij4zc1

• With this new cast being 120/120, 100 CY and 50 wall, it is by far the strongest castellan i have ever seen in the game, even with custom gem combinations you will not reach these numbers, and this is even without a look item, which could make this cast 120 cy or 70 wall, EXCLUDING hall bonuses. This will let someone with 4k sentinels defend a fully fledged ruby hit. This is outrageous. To come even remotely close to defeating this cast we would need commanders with over 160 CY and 90 wall. This is getting so far out of hand it's absolutely insane.
    Lol you really think that that's enough for this castellan? you're dumb LOL. Plus you can only obtain one commander like that.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,776AU1
    Ruby and insignia one are too strong that simple 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Cost:

which is actually the main change after all these months! Castellan cost was 37k charms when it was first introduced...
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 578US1
    Just clueless, lazy and inept is what GGE is.  6 months for this?  I could have come up with this garbage in under 5 min, so GGE just send me $1000 usd, and you'll have a better solution than your team took months to come up with the next day.
  • The Charm one is acceptable, BUT the ruby and Insignia ones are still to strong. The Ruby version makes the Eagle look weak in comparison.
    Rapter2555 @ usa 1
  • msantos29 (GB1)msantos29 (GB1) Posts: 81GB1
    edited 19.01.2019
    logged in for the cast stats, stayed because of this post:

even trt will stop using fire casts after that
     :D  :D

when everyone has one of these casts, PVP will deffo drop as noone will be bothered to send their attackers to the meat grinder.
    its impossible to attack without a flank look item as it is and these casts will only make it tougher and more expensive

game is already pretty broken at the higher levels, with the strongest players all having massive defence flanks, so im not even blaming these casts (although they add to the current imbalance between attack/defence)

• I have mixed thoughts regarding these new castellans. I think they are still too powerful. But at the same time, the whole point with the shapeshifter castellan was to introduce a strong castellan that could counter a master summoner. 

If GGE keeps introducing new and much stronger commanders like the master summoner to everyone, then i guess these new castellans aren't that bad. But in the current standards of the game, they are still not balanced enough and could still need tweaking. 

Note that i mean the charm and the insignia castellan.
    The ruby castellan i would prefer it wasn't introduced to the game at all.
    1 on 1, a decent castle with a good cast will always win against any comm, as long as it has a reasonable number of defenders (8 k, easy enough to feed)
    So casts like this reduce 1 on 1 PvP - sneaking up on an OP full of attackers doens't really do much good, glory rubbish etc.
    So the game shifts further from 1 on 1 PvP with attack and defence in teh balance to NPC and large-scale war, where all the counts is how much you are willing to spend.
    The need to engage brain and solve puzzles/problems is reduced further.
Sign In to comment.