Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

A possible wat to stop key sharing

Firstly we all have real lives and this take presidecence over a game

but in reality we also put many hours into the game, and whether you spent money or not , but just work as hard to build your castles up.

so to stop key sharing which i think is prolific in this game, because of GGE flaw in there game, ie people need to work and sleep, but the game is a 24 hour game.

And no matter how smart you are at defending you will burn when you work or sleep.

Also i believe if the was no way to share keys , many many players would have left by now , why would you want to do that hard work just to see it burnt away.

So i suggest a sleep mode for 12hours so when your offline .so when you start to play again you can at least ask for help etc.

to stop misused when you start sleepmode you cant turn it off so you wait 12 hours befor you can play again.

I know there are fire casts, but if war has anything to go bye , they norrmally send a fire com , maybe GGE may not want this button , becase it cost 10k rubies to repair.

this is just a suggestion , maybe it could be improved on , or just to be shot down as a folly
BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1

Comments

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    edited 29.12.2018
    Sleep mode, whatever mode... i don't know... is probably something that will never be considered. 

The developers don't care whether you have a real life or not to live. This business is all about tricking people into investing as much time and money into the game as possible. As the more time you invest into something, the more attached you'll be to it. And the more attached you are to a game, the more likely you are to invest money into it.

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• EU.Street_Dog (INT2)EU.Street_Dog (INT2) INT2 Posts: 264
    edited 29.12.2018
    workers mode? :-D maybe another game if you work can play dota only 45 min for example . this game impossible if you work,  sleep or study hard no way 

even to put protection mode no help so much

I wanted to play any game after work 2-3 times (1h) drink beer and sleep after. I do that with another game .

gge is for free people 
    Post edited by EU.Street_Dog (INT2) on
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 352
    Win the magic keys.... then you turn gge off on Tuesdays and Thursdays....  :D:D:D:D
  • This idea would have been great for April 1st, but since it's December 29th I'm gonna go ahead and say it's a shitty idea.
  • Or they could just ban people for keysharing

I'd say that'd stop keysharing
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,211
    well i guess it will be satutus quo , multi playing and keysharing rules, as GGE are only looking for bots .

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Galiaus (US1)Galiaus (US1) US1 Posts: 120
    Or they could just ban people for keysharing

I'd say that'd stop keysharing
    it'd also stop people from playing

I guess people share passwords and keep multiple accounts because they think its an easy exploit with little penalty that harms no one?

OK, so we want people to be able to log in from different IP addresses and time zones because people travel/have holidays/have work breaks/work shifts/play a bit if woken up in middle of the night and feeding the baby.... so game design needs to reflect that.

Banned people don't really get the platform to complain how much they've lost (so maybe lots of people DO get bans) and i find it really hard to get people to own up that they really are multi accounting/sharing..... that's human nature to hide cheating, I guess..

So no : i have no idea how prevalent it really but judging by what i can see  in game... it seems pretty prevalent!  

The "they are ruby buyers so they won't get banned" doesn't really hold water for me - as would seem better business for GGS to encourage ruby purchase by it being the MAJOR key to success rather than other ways to boost "activity"..and for every single ruby purchaser you banned, more would eventually join and stay playing......

I'd vote MORE algorithms for spotting ToS violations that resulted in immediate suspensions until the registered email of account owner responded with an explanation (I know, not hard to manipulate but adds more complexity)... maybe with multiple strike bans for certain algorithm violations?

It's a question of how much we'd be willing to put up with to stop the cheaters.....

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    edited 30.12.2018
    I guess people share passwords and keep multiple accounts because they think its an easy exploit with little penalty that harms no one?

OK, so we want people to be able to log in from different IP addresses and time zones because people travel/have holidays/have work breaks/work shifts/play a bit if woken up in middle of the night and feeding the baby.... so game design needs to reflect that.

Banned people don't really get the platform to complain how much they've lost (so maybe lots of people DO get bans) and i find it really hard to get people to own up that they really are multi accounting/sharing..... that's human nature to hide cheating, I guess..

So no : i have no idea how prevalent it really but judging by what i can see  in game... it seems pretty prevalent!  

The "they are ruby buyers so they won't get banned" doesn't really hold water for me - as would seem better business for GGS to encourage ruby purchase by it being the MAJOR key to success rather than other ways to boost "activity"..and for every single ruby purchaser you banned, more would eventually join and stay playing......

I'd vote MORE algorithms for spotting ToS violations that resulted in immediate suspensions until the registered email of account owner responded with an explanation (I know, not hard to manipulate but adds more complexity)... maybe with multiple strike bans for certain algorithm violations?

It's a question of how much we'd be willing to put up with to stop the cheaters.....

Problem is that GGE have never really been enforcing their rules for password sharing and multiaccounting.
    Since the game does not enforce these rules, people have came to think that it's ok to do these things, since you cannot get punished for it. Multiaccounting... Especially password sharing has became second nature for a lot of players.

GGE will never be able to get rid of this problem without effectively killing their own game. 
    People are already leaving the game and the playerbase is shrinking. What would then happen if they ban every multiaccounter and password sharer? I can with confidence say that the number of multiaccounters and password sharers are several times greater than the number of bot users. We are talking about a very large number of players here.

My own server, International 2 is just one big mess of multiaccounts and password sharers. If GGE would start enforcing their rules. The entire server of INT2 would cease to exist as 70-80% of the playerbase there would get their accounts banned. I'm sure this is the same case with many other servers as well, both larger and smaller ones.

I'd personally love to see the game being 100% free from multiaccounting and password sharing, the game would be a lot more fun to play that way. But judging really how big this problem is, i can not see any solution for it due to how much the developers have managed to mess up and that they didn't take care of this issue before it really became a problem.

No, i don't play on GB1. 

Agree with everything you say..... except whether it is savable or not!....and I do wonder if GGE already working on it....

Yep - can see further loss of players might seem to make it worse but you gotta cut the rot out before anything can start to heal.

I can see that Outer realms could be one way (75k odd players all on one server?) and starting with a cashcow of some players must be better than trying to develop something new from scratch.

70 to 80% of accounts or do you really mean that you think that 8 out of every 10 players has more than one account and it password sharing?  I'd say latter probably isn't right unless you say that in the top 10 alliances there are only 10 players in each.... can't think it would generate enough ruby spend to pay for one server hosting!!!!

And number of published botters is small.... but you also do get the occasional person who either posts in forums about bans or otherwise goes very quiet....so i do think GGS do something.... even though they do seem to keep it very hush hush (not wanting to get into trouble with data protection laws apparently.....)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file