We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Last comment in 2018

Comments

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 24.12.2018
    I also wanted to say an early Merry Christmas as well. I do not know if I will be here or not on the actual Christmas Day. I am going to someone else's house for Christmas Day and may be staying for longer than an entire day. In the meantime though enjoy this very short Charlie Brown video. (Less than 30 seconds.) 

David Noble @ usa 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,600GB1

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,752AU1
    ty same to all of you

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Surprise, Surprise. I was actually able to come on the Forum after all on the actual Christmas Day. Also, Goodgame Studios kept their word as well about giving us gifts on Christmas Eve. Which means the Grinch did return the gifts after all. Merry Christmas!
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • :-) me!
    naw fam me rn

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Now that Christmas is done who is ready for the upcoming New Year?

Image result for rudolphs shiny new year
    David Noble @ usa 1
    Ready for my victory? I am ,jk

• Who is going to win the last comment of 2018? Let the tournament begin. 
    Image result for shrek tournament
    David Noble @ usa 1
    What time zone again?

edited 28.12.2018
    Well, your time zone has 6  hour advantage over U.S. Eastern Time zone after I looked it up having to remind myself that you live in Germany and not actually from Australia, but we can still have fun right? Making our last comments have to begin somewhere even if that means losing. The bottom line is to have fun. Where is the party at? The forum of course.

David Noble @ usa 1
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 307GB1
    Surely US (and West coast specifically) has the advantage, as it will still be December 31st while the UK is trying to stop the room spinning the next morning  .... or has the date-line moved east during the year???
    edited 30.12.2018
    Surely US (and West coast specifically) has the advantage, as it will still be December 31st while the UK is trying to stop the room spinning the next morning  .... or has the date-line moved east during the year???
    What is 6:41 p.m right now for Eastern Time zone in the U.S. on December 29th would be hours earlier for west coast. Also, Germany would 12:41 a.m right now on December 30th and not the other way around of it being 12:41 a.m in the morning on December 29th. If you actually lived at or near Great Britain it would be much closer to the same time zone as Germany.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    Yes

• PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 307GB1
    edited 30.12.2018
    yep....so my point being that people in New Zealand have every chance of being the first person to post just before midnight on new years eve but will nearly be a whole day later for someone on Hawaii to do the exact same post at the exact same local time... which would make them the last?

The guys on the west coast can wait 'till long after we've all had midnight and it will still be 31st December their time while we are all well into January 1st.....  so as Herv indicates - unless there is "A" specific timezone in mind its going to have about 20 winners!

I'm guessing board display time is probably your own local timezone rather than that of the op  . (so i'm expecting a timestamp of 0835Z/0845Z for edit - but you may see different)
    edited 30.12.2018
    yep....so my point being that people in New Zealand have every chance of being the first person to post just before midnight on new years eve but will nearly be a whole day later for someone on Hawaii to do the exact same post at the exact same local time... which would make them the last?

The guys on the west coast can wait 'till long after we've all had midnight and it will still be 31st December their time while we are all well into January 1st.....  so as Herv indicates - unless there is "A" specific timezone in mind its going to have about 20 winners!

I'm guessing board display time is probably your own local timezone rather than that of the op  . (so i'm expecting a timestamp of 0835Z/0845Z for edit - but you may see different)
    Good points, but Herveus apparently made the last comment from last year. So that means the winner gets to decide the specific time zone? Only problem with that is if I for example made a comment at 11:58 or 11:59 p.m for Germany on December 31st that would actually make 5:58 or 5:59 p.m in U.S. Eastern time which is my actual time zone.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
    Then I choose GMT as that also is the time zone you find in the source code which is how we choose it last year.

edited 31.12.2018
    Then I choose GMT as that also is the time zone you find in the source code which is how we choose it last year.
    I suppose that would mean ignoring anything that comes after 6:00 p.m on Eastern time zone as well if it is that one specific time zone. ;)
    David Noble @ usa 1
     ;) 

• i won! its new year here!

This discussion has been closed.