Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: December Update Notes

Comments

• sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316

is this real? or is there some kind of mistake?

• neuterable (US1)neuterable (US1) US1 Posts: 757
    @BM Fujiwara any news as to weather the private rv's cont towards achievemnets ?

.if it is as buggy as the HTML5 beta, 
    These.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • yeah where is samis event?
    I like this one.  ;)

King clone
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    edited 11.12.2018
    [removed]
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575

is this real? or is there some kind of mistake?

Apparently real. I'm waiting for a confirmation still, but until then assume it is what it says it is.
    @BM Fujiwara any news as to weather the private rv's cont towards achievemnets ?

.if it is as buggy as the HTML5 beta, 
    These.
    Yes, they will count towards achievements. Bugs? I guess we'll see when it goes live ;)
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• It would be helpful to know the date of updates not just next week
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 352
    "The plan is to release this update next week. We will start with the update procedure early in the morning between 8:00 CET and 14:00 CET. The downtime of each server is individual since they'll be updated one by one and this may take up to 4 hours per instance."

That makes it sound like they a doing this in series rather than parallel and so can't guarantee when individual servers may start?

on the absence of Sams from yet another LTPE ... should we infer this is something done to improve stability over the festive period?
  • will they still have alliances in the outer realms event??   I thought I saw something in the teaser that had a slash through the alliances.
  • STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    There isnt a thread about the bot banning so ill put my comment here

I'm pleased bot users are getting banned but its pretty dumb to give them any warning / second chance in first place, let alone publicise such a system

You've basically told everyone they get to use bots until they get caught and they can stay on the game as long as they dont get caught again.

Ive never used em but starting to feel tempted seeing as you get multiple chances
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • sarah1 (INT2)sarah1 (INT2) INT2 Posts: 123

i am quite sure this wasnt 120 construction tokens but 12. Visual bug i hope or is gge f... us? 
    sarah1 @ 7
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 256

I'm pleased bot users are getting banned but its pretty dumb to give them any warning / second chance in first place, let alone publicise such a system

You've basically told everyone they get to use bots until they get caught and they can stay on the game as long as they dont get caught again.

Ive never used em but starting to feel tempted seeing as you get multiple chances
    Its a start if nothing else

Carried out years later than it should have been and cost GGS thousands in lost revenue from players who have left the game in disgust

Be interesting to see if there is any shake up in the top alliances after this ;-)
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • sarah1 (INT2)sarah1 (INT2) INT2 Posts: 123

Its a start if nothing else

Carried out years later than it should have been and cost GGS thousands in lost revenue from players who have left the game in disgust

Be interesting to see if there is any shake up in the top alliances after this ;-)
    just 24 players so i think not
    sarah1 @ 7
  • If gge is going for server upgrades middle of the freaking night gge should not expect people to check every other minute to check if server is up, approximate times gge gives for upgrades have never been same nor match with what they announce before.

I suppose either good game empire should freeze food consumption for 12 hours atleast so people would get chance to check their food and not lose troops as sudden middle of night game server upgrades are frustrating.

I generally do not check forum upgrades, if good game empire wants to upgrade server it should give notification 12 hours earlier on game not on forum, we have enough to do in real life, we dont play game to check forum upgrades and keep track of upgrades game is making, ofcourse, if game developer wants to give lengthy game information about changes it can always send a link in the notification msg on the game.

dragonmonkey @ usa 1
  • Us - Where is the royal capital
    GGS - Play In the outer realm spend all your money and help beta test the updates, and we dont pay you guys, yall are gonna be free of cost beta tester for our game..and what royal capital?

The Devil
  • If gge is going for server upgrades middle of the freaking night gge should not expect people to check every other minute to check if server is up, approximate times gge gives for upgrades have never been same nor match with what they announce before.

I suppose either good game empire should freeze food consumption for 12 hours atleast so people would get chance to check their food and not lose troops as sudden middle of night game server upgrades are frustrating.

I generally do not check forum upgrades, if good game empire wants to upgrade server it should give notification 12 hours earlier on game not on forum, we have enough to do in real life, we dont play game to check forum upgrades and keep track of upgrades game is making, ofcourse, if game developer wants to give lengthy game information about changes it can always send a link in the notification msg on the game.

Well atleast freeze the food till player logs back.
    dragonmonkey @ usa 1
    Thank you for the new filters on equipment, very much a quality of living improvement.
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 14.12.2018
    Us - Where is the royal capital
    GGS - Play In the outer realm spend all your money and help beta test the updates, and we dont pay you guys, yall are gonna be free of cost beta tester for our game..and what royal capital?
    Lets be honest here. If the commander and 1st place is the only thing that the event is good for it may need more improvements as well and iron ore seems to not be needed as much as it once was from the event. I know that if the Royal Capital event never comes back it destroys the point of having "Alliance Cities" besides having them look pretty and some people never getting to complete the commander, but the shop in my opinion may need more stuff added besides the commander which the only other thing from the shop that may be considered useful besides the commander were the level 8 gems despite the fact that they are also random and were expensive to get as well. Although it would be nice for the event came back, but what then after you get the full commander set? Would be nice for example if the shop were to add random level 9 and even random level 10 gems which pretty much the only other things non set gems are useful now a days are the best unique sets that are less than nine piece sets, players below level 70, and look items. Take notice for example that all invasions and at least some of the events have had new stuff added to them, but with the only exceptions being Underworld, Blade Coast, and Thorn King along with Storm Islands and Royal Capital which while that may seem like a lot of events that at large have not had  new stuff added to them and perhaps have not even made any significant changes you also have to consider other events that had new stuff added to them and have had major changes like Shapeshifters, Outer Realms, Monthly events, Alliance Tournament, and Berimond.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1

i am quite sure this wasnt 120 construction tokens but 12. Visual bug i hope or is gge f... us? 
    Still showing as 120  (and yes was seen as 12 and was a screenshot of it at 12 posted somewhere)

So looks like you need a top 5k outer realms finish if you want to go lvl 1 on this (which seems a little of a poor pay back for the investment so maybe we won't see many of these.

think the technical term is a "bait and switch" con......
  • bavhuur (US1)bavhuur (US1) Posts: 4
    edited 14.12.2018
    No comment... figured it out.
    Post edited by bavhuur (US1) on
Sign In to comment.