We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

wishing well

who uses the wishing well?

the correct ansver is no one, you can't!

so:
why doesn't gge refund our rubies spent on it and use the space it takes up wisely

also:

http://prntscr.com/lq9173

bad communication
it says you need a penny to upgrade it but no it still upgrades without it
well done gge time spent on pathetic updates could be spent on getting more money out of people :-)

Comments

• I think that the point of "one lucky penny" may be to prevent people from accidentally upgrading the wishing well when it is no longer needed and players have run out of lucky pennies. I think that at one point it only costed rubies to upgrade instead of lucky pennies, but very rarely now a days if it all do lucky pennies offers show up anymore.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • this is misleading and unfair to those who accidentally upgrade it and yes there are no more lucky pennys left in the game so completely useless waste of space!
  • Agreed that the wishing well should be removed all together, get that piece of crap out of my castle.

But if you used rubys to upgrade it in the past and were able to use the well for faster rubys, I don't think we should be refunded. We got what we paid for.
  • Agreed that the wishing well should be removed all together, get that piece of crap out of my castle.

But if you used rubys to upgrade it in the past and were able to use the well for faster rubys, I don't think we should be refunded. We got what we paid for.
    No... we didn't get what we paid for. People who upgraded the well thought it would continue to be around forever, or atleast for a much longer time than it was. Now it doesn't matter if you upgraded it as you can't get any pennies anymore, but you still don't get your rubies back...

• 987storm (US1)987storm (US1) Posts: 97US1
    People who maxed it out probably didn`t even get their money back in rubies. How long was it around for? Wasn`t long from what I remember.
    #Shrinktherubygap
  • People who maxed it out probably didn`t even get their money back in rubies. How long was it around for? Wasn`t long from what I remember.
    Well it wasn't around when you bought this account that's for sure, but was around a long time before that.
  • most people accidentally upgrade it but this is a bit unfair as some people will just buy more rubies increasing the profits for ggs
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 08.12.2018
    Agreed that the wishing well should be removed all together, get that piece of crap out of my castle.

Perhaps that was why GGS a while back offered lucky pennies again even though this was short lived perhaps with an intent of being used as just an excuse as to why they want to keep the wishing well. The point of it costing one lucky penny could exactly be used for that reason to prevent people who have no lucky pennies left from accidentally spending rubies on the well instead of removing the wishing well. However, at some point if the lucky pennies never come back into the game perhaps years from now the vast majority of players will not have any lucky pennies left either because they quit the game who still had lucky pennies left over or used up all of their remaining lucky pennies. People wanting a refund might also be the reason why the wishing well was never removed, but that is actually something that I agree with you upon about not needing a refund even if their are still some people who think that they need a refund which I admit that I also spent rubies on the wishing well that I do not necessarily need back. It is good to have reminders now and then though about the wishing well, but eventually at some point this subject may get old and when that happens perhaps it is time to permanently remove the wishing well and let it rest in peace.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 307GB1
    edited 08.12.2018
    There's probably an underlying bigger issue here for  which I've not researched the small print : Some people will have invested real money in rubies and maybe used them to upgrade well. Some of those people will have had good utility out of it and some may have missed the entry in the forum announcement and invested in the well only a short time before it lost any use.... or been one of the unlucky ones who upgraded it and then asked their alliance where the pennies came from.....

It's a different case where they "devalued" the WoF tickets; There was, at least,  still some value left in a ticket - this well situation is flat out removing functionality that somebody may have invested real money in....

I guess if they feel the "ruby doubling" aspect of the lucky penny/well combo wasn't how they wanted the game mechanics to go forward then that's entirely their business.... just surprised they didn't re-purpose the well to do something else so as to keep some value in the game for those who committed to develop theirs.... and that re-purposing would seem much more equitable that leaving it to rot or removing it completely without any reimbursement.  

Probably a good point to consider or it may be stables, hospitals etc that become fair game for "re balancing the in-game economy"
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 08.12.2018
    There's probably an underlying bigger issue here for  which I've not researched the small print : Some people will have invested real money in rubies and maybe used them to upgrade well. Some of those people will have had good utility out of it and some may have missed the entry in the forum announcement and invested in the well only a short time before it lost any use.... or been one of the unlucky ones who upgraded it and then asked their alliance where the pennies came from.....

It's a different case where they "devalued" the WoF tickets; There was, at least,  still some value left in a ticket - this well situation is flat out removing functionality that somebody may have invested real money in....

I guess if they feel the "ruby doubling" aspect of the lucky penny/well combo wasn't how they wanted the game mechanics to go forward then that's entirely their business.... just surprised they didn't re-purpose the well to do something else so as to keep some value in the game for those who committed to develop theirs.... and that re-purposing would seem much more equitable that leaving it to rot or removing it completely without any reimbursement.  

Probably a good point to consider or it may be stables, hospitals etc that become fair game for "re balancing the in-game economy"
    You may have a good point including for example cutting the ruby double in half to perhaps 2,000 instead of 4,000 which means you get 1,000 extra rubies instead of 2,000 extra rubies and/or make them available through purchasing again and perhaps also make a few other ways to get them as well like returning them back to the alliance tournament by combining just a few of them with the Goddess of Nature  like maybe 2 of them for example and perhaps also a lucky penny or two if you can reach top 100 in the Berimond event combined with the level 9 gem. (The other reward for top 100 besides the level 9 gem is not really needed.) Another possibility is adding one lucky penny to the Nobility Contest as well for third prize or top 100 for example. Only problem is that I do not think that GGS will ever make any changes to re-purpose them and especially after cutting in half the amount of rubies you can from the Berimond event and even from towers and robber baron castles.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.