We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Private Resource Villages

Comments

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 476US1
    In the announcement it said you don't have to put troops there.  Now translating from GGE speak to English, I'm going with you can't put troops there.
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,119GB1
    It is probably one of the most significant moves in terms of loss of functionality I think we’ve seen. They had already to a degree been reduced in strategic value but this makes them little more than production facilities.  What we can do with them produce a bit more food stone or wood but not enough to get close to top players production.  What we can’t do with them now capture them, exchange them in peace negotiations, store troops in them, send attack’s from them, split troops across them to reduce potential losses, use them to keep special troops safe, can’t use them to force an opponent to split their forces, can’t hit some players to slow them down at all as their castles are too strong and so on... The point is from my perspective that other people’s cheating is costing me an advantage I worked hard over a number years to gain.  I already have a huge food deficit to top players this pretty kills any chance of running a different strategy and absolutely nails any chance of my winning events again with less troops but better strategy and technical ability.  It is part of a worrying march to only one identikit way to play the game where we all do what we are told.  If we can’t fight can’t compete can’t comment and can’t afford to pay to play what exactly is left for us to do?  
    Batten @ en 1
  • i don't get it, it says on one sentence if you want to discard them when they are no longer needed. Why would you do this? do you get your tokens back?? etc.
    King The Torrent The Furious, 348k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.
    edited 02.12.2018
    What perhaps is interesting is it does make me think that alliances may largely be unnecessary now.  From a top players perspective you no longer need an alliance to defend your RV's as they can't be taken and outposts and main castles are covered by protection.  You can still play nomads and samurai in pro and I think Berimond too from memory.  You can't do foreign castles or Blood Crow but neither are that relevant once you have the equipment.  Technically I can score enough individually to make top twenty in alliance rankings and given only one alliance currently on En1 gets the first place then I can compete without needing an alliance.  If I have no RV's then I can sit in pro and use open gates and fire casts to just ignore any who declare war or just move troops out and buy food.  Realistically war is pretty much impossible isn't it? So technically not sure what the value of an alliance is now once you reach a certain point?  Struggling to see why war is necessary either?
    Batten @ en 1
  • I hate this please dont do it.

It will remove the fun of rv wars.

seriously dont do this pls pls pls
    King The Torrent The Furious, 348k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.
  • I don't think that you will be able to store troops in private RVs - it would be like having an infinite sized Stronghold, which currently costs 200k rubies to allow you to store 500 troops at max level.

So maybe you need to ask Santa to give you some extra Stronghold levels - warning, batteries will surely not be included!
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) Posts: 524GB1
    What perhaps is interesting is it does make me think that alliances may largely be unnecessary now.  From a top players perspective you no longer need an alliance to defend your RV's as they can't be taken and outposts and main castles are covered by protection.  You can still play nomads and samurai in pro and I think Berimond too from memory.  You can't do foreign castles or Blood Crow but neither are that relevant once you have the equipment.  Technically I can score enough individually to make top twenty in alliance rankings and given only one alliance currently on En1 gets the first place then I can compete without needing an alliance.  If I have no RV's then I can sit in pro and use open gates and fire casts to just ignore any who declare war or just move troops out and buy food.  Realistically war is pretty much impossible isn't it? So technically not sure what the value of an alliance is now once you reach a certain point?  Struggling to see why war is necessary either?
    think you will find uk server is nearly dead. most players just sit out wars now.
    most alliances just see a lop sided server and think why bother doing wars they are so one sided now
    what's point of even sending return hit.

been waiting few years now to see the end of uk server just wanted to see the multi accounts and idiots
    who spend fast amounts of money buying everything in site to get to the top without any skill at all

Keep smiling folks it's a big world outside this game
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 576
    Last three weeks has seen 6 wars between top 20 alliances, in what way is that dead?
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

think you will find most of them have lasted a week at most. apart from cg and praets.
    my point is the game is no way near what it used to be like and wars lasted lot longer with more
    alliances getting involved. now some one with over 60 million or 70 million points hits
    alliance with 30 -40 it will not last very long these days and that is why so many go in to dove.

And you can ask most alliances outside top three on uk server and they will all give up roughly within
    a week of being burnt and massed. :)

• I tested the new update of Campground and i am disappointed. The maximum number of equipment remained the same... just a little improvement.. i propose that you remove the maximum space of the equipment as it is at the inventory of the decorations, and leave a limit of 50 complete sets with that relic level that is found in Equipment Blacksmith.

⚔️Pay to win🤑💸 💵 💴 💶 💷 💰 💳

• this whole game is a joke anymore..there is no fairness that remains.. if your in a big alliance like neph or unnamed or anything like that you can have all you want.. but if you are a lower level alliance you don't stand a chance. if you stop and look at top 25 positions in any event and you will always see the names of big alliances that purchase rubies often.. this is an unfair process.. I do not think you should be able to buy any boosters of any kind for events.. that way there everyone has the same opportunity.. this way you cant just buy lets say 5000 beri splendor and get into top 5 from position 25.. that's what these big alliances are doing.. so no one stands a chance of completeing their accomplishments.. not to mention if you do anything these big alliances don't like, then they just bully you till you either quit, or are burned out of the game. this game is unfair in many aspects,  
    WARRIORCHRIS69 @ usa 1
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 576
    edited 05.12.2018
    think you will find most of them have lasted a week at most. apart from cg and praets.
    my point is the game is no way near what it used to be like and wars lasted lot longer with more
    alliances getting involved. now some one with over 60 million or 70 million points hits
    alliance with 30 -40 it will not last very long these days and that is why so many go in to dove.

And you can ask most alliances outside top three on uk server and they will all give up roughly within
    a week of being burnt and massed. :)

TRT v RevX was longer than a week too, but yeah, most of them were pretty short. Besides which, the wars are generally the most fun in the first week anyway. Better to end, build back up and have another war than keep going until no-one really has defenders and everyone's trying to just dodge losing their attackers when offline and hope to find attackers carelessly left in burning castles on the other side.

There were some great wars in the past, but I think nostalgia makes them seem like more than they were. The last couple of wars I've been in here have been short but fun while they lasted. Some of the epic CoP wars from 2014 were longer, on a grander scale, but fundamentally the daily gameplay was pretty much the same.

Pretending to keep things on topic, I think private RVs will make more of the upper-mid alliances capable of enjoying war. A lot of alliances have basically no troops in the outers because of a lack of RVs, and it just ends up being a big mashup in green each time. It'll be good to see that change
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

new rv's are ok in my eyes , as long as gge don't do something that gives a big spending
    player any advantage.

wars are good but some of the excuses you get for how they start are becoming a joke.
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 605NL1
    private rv's are certainly NO problem .  please let it come quickly.

flug @ nl 1
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 307GB1

Pretending to keep things on topic, I think private RVs will make more of the upper-mid alliances capable of enjoying war. A lot of alliances have basically no troops in the outers because of a lack of RVs, and it just ends up being a big mashup in green each time. It'll be good to see that change
    Well, being in a middling sort of alliance (but very nice, wouldn't change it for the world!) on GB1 I can't see it making a huge difference having private RV's purely because the top 20 or so alliances are relatively so strong with the relatively few substantial, time serving players on the server having mostly gravitated into them....

Had an absolute lesson in this a month or so ago with a nice "new player plant" (who is still doing the rounds causing fun and games to many middle ranking alliances!) triggering a war between a fiftyish ranked alliance and a top 10..... they went through us like proverbial through butter with coordinated attacks in a very short time with very little we could do to stop them or retaliate.... just because they wanted to and probably were bored that day.  No matter what troops we had elsewhere, we'd have little to withstand that..... havn't got the infrastructure, online presence or bloodlust for it!!!

So no, can't see the benefit of this update and think it will only widen the disparity (and antipathy) - not narrow it

I see we are down to something like 250 ish "real" alliances on GB1 now....  the variety seems to be dying

Well, being in a middling sort of alliance (but very nice, wouldn't change it for the world!) on GB1 I can't see it making a huge difference having private RV's purely because the top 20 or so alliances are relatively so strong with the relatively few substantial, time serving players on the server having mostly gravitated into them....

Had an absolute lesson in this a month or so ago with a nice "new player plant" (who is still doing the rounds causing fun and games to many middle ranking alliances!) triggering a war between a fiftyish ranked alliance and a top 10..... they went through us like proverbial through butter with coordinated attacks in a very short time with very little we could do to stop them or retaliate.... just because they wanted to and probably were bored that day.  No matter what troops we had elsewhere, we'd have little to withstand that..... havn't got the infrastructure, online presence or bloodlust for it!!!

So no, can't see the benefit of this update and think it will only widen the disparity (and antipathy) - not narrow it

I see we are down to something like 250 ish "real" alliances on GB1 now....  the variety seems to be dying
    Agree with what you said mate , these rv's will only be good for not getting captured in wars.
    if your not a big alliance and your in small alliance what benefit will they be to you , your not going to think 
    well we have few rvs lets go to war with the top 5 ranked teams on server. they will crush you straight away 
    and also they spend so much money these rvs mean nothing to them. they can buy food all day long.

250 real ones ? I would question that more like 125 other 125 are multi accounts who start alliances
    so they can put rvs they steal in to those alliances.
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 307GB1
    edited 06.12.2018
    LOL The "Real" was just pointing out the rest are totally empty shells kept alive by whatever bug stops some accounts from completely de-spawning!!! 

You make an interesting point... wonder what a big alliance will do now the last possible "terror"/guerrilla tactic open to outclassed alliances/disgruntled individuals, that of disrupting and dropping RV's, can now be avoided.....
    To be honest war is fairly easily avoided.  Given someone else is trying to force you to spend lots of money now to have even the smallest chance of success a lot of players don’t take war seriously it’s generally viewed as a bit of a joke.  Two good players with four castles each in green should now be able to put up 40-50 k defence each 90-100k defence to plough through that is 9-10 attacks probably more.  That’s a lot of expensive shield walls across alliances which aren’t spending or who feel there is better value in spending resourced elsewhere.  War just isn’t good value and it’s been so devalued by password sharing and multiaccounting and the lack of clear division between alliances as a result of pvp that half of your side will be giving a running commentary on what their friend on the other side thinks.  If alliances were alliances then it’s a different story.  The planted accounts the visit from a friend just before an attack the failed spy reports in the lead up,  the not so anonymous reapers attacks to practice run your defences.  The lack of coordination looks almost more practiced than the actual coordination these days.  

The 6 wars aren’t between alliances they are between a few of the more aggressive players with the majority ignoring them or not participating. I wasn’t on to defend my attacks but just opened gates clicked protection and sent out a few resources.  The quality of play compared to facing the best players from servers in Outer Realms who don’t rank 15th of lower in every event who are focused on one account rather than splitting time over fifteen is refreshing.  War in En1 is a poor shadow now of what it used to be.  Identikit attacks and no imagination I couldn’t be bothered to leave my tent simply not worth wasting time or money on.  War alliances simply aren’t relevant anymore unless they are clean, my advice ignore them they can’t hurt you now.  RV’s were really the only thing you worried about losing and they are off the table.  You can recruit troops faster than they can kill them once your troop levels get below a certain level troops don’t starve, fires go out,  command centres are more of a liability and are outdated and protection takes out ops and fires.  So there isn’t really a lot of leverage left.  Not sure you are really winning wars when half an alliance isn’t around or won’t take the field because they believe you to be outside of the rules therefore not deserving of their time of money. I personally see no value in giving my time or money or training to improve players who won’t do me the basic courtesy of complying with the game rules.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 476US1
    The private  resource villages are up for sale on the test server right now.  Only problem is, you can't actually get one since there is no way to get (that I can find) the 'village token' to buy one.  General outline of pricing, is all first level rvs cost one token, bonus rv provides is variable depending on land, and type.  In general, the food rvs cost double the wood/stone rvs.  A level 10(+30% - what we have now) food rv in sand and fire is 30 tokens, a lvl 15(max lvl - +40%) is 100 tokens in sand and fire.  Winter rvs cost about 10% more than those in sand and fire due to the higher bonuses they give.

I have no idea how the upgrading/buying really works since there are no tokens to play with on the test server.  So I have no idea if you can just buy a lvl 15 from the get go, or if you have to buy a lvl 1 and then('upgrade' to) a lvl 2 and so forth.
    dont worry some big boys will come along and take what they want.
Sign In to comment.