We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

A message about popups

Comments

• Dumb Cat (US1)Dumb Cat (US1) Posts: 548US1
    If you do not buy rubies for a while, offers comes better and better. Like few days ago, normal I would got 2 hours beri bonus 250%, now because I hadn't bought rubies long time, I got those bonus like 13 hours total same money.

Now, I go back hold mode and wait offers getting better again.

Oh, Give us more popups! And add down counter too, say 15 to 30 seconds you cannot shutdown that. Would be really nice and would fit also GGS style perfectly. (LOL)
    Are you paying attention GGE?  Screwing people over is not how you get them to spend money on the game.
    It's how you get them to not spend money.

• There's been a dramatic rise in popups over the last few days. From a couple an hour, to a dozen an hour. WHY GGS? If I didn't waste thousands of rubies healing my wounded troops at a 50% discount the first time today, why would I do it the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time?!

• BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Posts: 771Moderator
    edited 28.10.2018
    I have removed the posts from the forums within the past 24 hours as they have gone against the purpose of which this thread was created for. I remind everyone that the purpose of this thread is to consolidate feedback and ideas for popups or other advertisements that the BM team can bring before the developers.

Spamming the thread, threatening boycotts, derailing the thread, and posting comments that provide little to no context do not help anyone get closer to solving your concerns. I remind everyone that doing the things mentioned above are against the community guidelines and doing them repetitively can result in consequences or loss of privileges on the forums.

Going forward, let's keep this on topic and only post feedback relevant to the issue at hand. If you have any questions about this, feel free to reach out to me in private, thanks. 
    Post edited by BM Neroxnex on
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,095INT1
    Hello Neroxmex

When your in a server war with many incoming the pop ups are prejudice against us when setting up to defend and also attacks , result being defence is breached and timed attack go out the door , it is unfair unneeded and uncall for please do your pop ups  smaller maybe ,but they are causing lag . you may be looking for bots or whatever , but please be more helpful, 

You send messages if we are enjoying your game play but for the past few days no i am not , it do not make me want to buy rubies. so please be more understanding to your customers
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • I have got a very good idea for this popup problems, stop with those popups! 

Everybody buying rubies should be cleared of those popups for a least one month before the madness start again.

When 99% of your customers are frustrated and leave several topics about a real problem you don't solve the problem with deleting their topics. You solve the problem and instant the frustration disappear and there wil be no more new topics about the popups.

It's very disappointing to see that there is more effort spend on deleting topics then spend on a real constructive permanent solution for this popup PROBLEM!

Deleting topics and comments somehow looks that the old times, before 1989, are back here on the forum? 
  • Herc7407 (US1)Herc7407 (US1) Posts: 20US1
    It's perfectly understandable that marketing is needed for GGE to make money. However, once the marketing becomes  completely disruptive to the game it's rather obvious that it needs to calm down somewhat. Over the last few days the interruption in game play has become ridiculous and frustrating. Please cut it back a bit!
    Herc7407 @ usa 1
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 726NL1
    edited 29.10.2018
    great idea.

btw this topic started on 10.04.2018

there are many good ideas given..............and still costumers aren't really happy of gone to ruine.

maybe instead of pop-ups offers  in a tent next to main castle, via mail (in game)  , smaller icoons on the leftside from screen(not in the middle)  , not so frequently as now.

instead of taking time to delete there should be taken time to fix.
    flug @ nl 1
  • sjc (IN1)sjc (IN1) Posts: 160IN1
    Spamming the thread, threatening boycotts, derailing the thread, and posting comments that provide little to no context do not help anyone get closer to solving your concerns. I remind everyone that doing the things mentioned above are against the community guidelines and doing them repetitively can result in consequences or loss of privileges on the forums.
    spamming the thread ... debatable ... like depending on the type of thread
    threatening with boycotts ... ok should not be encouraged from YOUR point of view
    Derailing the thread.. this I agree because a thread serves a specific purpose if that purpose is not served the thread becomes useless to whoever uses it, so ok derailing should not be encouraged... I know sometimes the first option comes under this, then it should be condemned
    posting comments that provide little to no context.... a little vague here... depends on the type of comments, place where it is posted etc... example a simple whining post can be spam, but when it is posted everywhere by a LARGE number of individuals u gotta realise something is wrong,  ALSO, for some posts context might not be created, for example, this post itself, this a feedback on community guidelines post, but I don't feel it right to start a thread to give this feedback on the guidelines.

At this point, I feel some of the community guidelines are stringent and it seems they are thought out by a single person, rather than a collective consciousness to allow maximum freedom, while also minimising problems occur because of it.
    sjc @ in 1
  • I think it can be agreed on that pop ups won't be stopped permanently. As it is a free game, GGS needs to be able to market itself as you've pointed out. I do believe however, a lot of ideas mentioned here could help serve as a better alternative to getting pop ups all the time. For this reason, the BM team has been forwarding your suggestions onto the CM and Development teams within the company. Just because we do not directly say so, does not mean it hasn't happened. Along with this, it takes longer for the developers to engineer a fix than it does let's say, delete spam posts around the forums.

The reason for this thread, I remind everyone, is to consolidate ideas and constructive feedback. This way it is presentable to the product teams when we forward over our weekly reports and suggestions. Your feedback is important which is why we ask for it to be phrases constructively. Feedback that violates the community guidelines is removed per policy we have to abide by as BMs and therefore doesn't get considered. It is because of this I ask all posts be appropriate so we may use them as examples.

I agree lots of users are complaining of the issue. That shows the issue is of high importance to you, the players. Therefore it makes it a top concern for me to relay it over to the proper teams. Just as previously stated, feedback in violation of the guidelines gets removed. Then it's 1 less complaining user providing feedback I get to inform the team about.

Everything is done for a reason. New guidelines were introduced, so it's not based off of my interpretation. If I ever come to you in private about anything I always cite the section. This way, if you feel my actions don't represent what I am showing you I offer you the chance to discuss it with me openly or appeal the decision to a higher power. I prefer constructive conversation to destructive critiques. Things flow easier this way.

I understand a lot of times that you may not understand or fully see the scope of our responsibilities. It is not just to say no, move / lock threads, and issue penalties to users. Although that is part, the larger part is providing representation on behalf of you, the users, to GGS. As a member of the community for nearly 6 years, since 2012, this is something important to me which I try to do my best on, even if you don't see it up front. Most work is behind the scenes.

Anyways, going forward we're looking to build constructive ideas and feedback that can be presented to the proper teams. I will remove posts that detract from that goal. If you have any questions feel free to reply here (if it's related) or find me in private. I have an open door policy. Thanks!
  • Samifer (US1)Samifer (US1) Posts: 21US1
    Does anyone else remember when GGE did this 4 months ago, then got massive flak in the forum and mods said it was a glitch and it stopped?  Now...again?

Tell me these aren't trial balloons to wear us down into accepting a 'new normal'.  Please.

After Shapeshifters, Deco Forge, now Reapers, it's clear to me that GGE has a huge talent deficit in 'original creativity' and is using their business major graduates to drive every decision.  The sheer Rube Goldberg mentality to EVERYTHING they have rolled out lately is hilarious - 127 steps to make toast, with pulleys, magnets, and servos!

Ok to bring this back to direct topic, the above paragraph IS completely related to the successful pitch in the GGE Monday Strategy Meeting of "Hey, how about we just force pop-ups with ruby offers every 5 minutes?  JUST IMAGINE how much money we'll make with all those ruby buys!"
    Does anyone else remember when GGE did this 4 months ago, then got massive flak in the forum and mods said it was a glitch and it stopped?  Now...again?

Tell me these aren't trial balloons to wear us down into accepting a 'new normal'.  Please.

After Shapeshifters, Deco Forge, now Reapers, it's clear to me that GGE has a huge talent deficit in 'original creativity' and is using their business major graduates to drive every decision.  The sheer Rube Goldberg mentality to EVERYTHING they have rolled out lately is hilarious - 127 steps to make toast, with pulleys, magnets, and servos!

Ok to bring this back to direct topic, the above paragraph IS completely related to the successful pitch in the GGE Monday Strategy Meeting of "Hey, how about we just force pop-ups with ruby offers every 5 minutes?  JUST IMAGINE how much money we'll make with all those ruby buys!"
    i remember indeed, and i remember a lot of ideas been given and a few is done .

now the pop ups come  with 7 :):):):)   in one time and after a few minutes? yes again the 7 pop ups, when setting up attack  and you see slowing down or freeze  you know oh yes you know, when you click that green button there will be 7 pop ups again.   starting to get an kind of nightmare on empirestreet.   players who mostly play few hours an evening now play one hour tops 
    flug @ nl 1
  • John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) Posts: 133INT1
    I all ready slowed my game play to only focus on looting food for my troops and almost gave up that too today. Done that now 1-2 week(s). One of our server top player all ready quit/go holiday. And I see many our ally players slowed down same.

If this was your intension GGS, GREAT JOB, why not roll only popups, so we cant even launch attacks or do anything.

I wonder why I came back after summer holiday (3 months)... only reason I stayed is that my RVS's wasn't yet distributed inside ally. You promised us private rvs Still not see those either.

You not get any new players on this game and you want piss your loyal customers again?

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
    if poeple want to buy a bread , they buy a bread , the store isn't putting the bread constantly in your face.

they put a sign wich says, " today only, 2 breads for the price of 1"for example  en customers will see that , because most customers are looking for special offers so it's no use to put it under their nose several times every 7 minutes.

it's so very simple to me, there is a wishing well next to the castle doing completly nothing at all. make it an offer well wich light up when their is a new offer so players don't have to deal with those terrible pop-ups wich are pushing players away from the game
    flug @ nl 1
  • sjc (IN1)sjc (IN1) Posts: 160IN1
    if poeple want to buy a bread , they buy a bread , the store isn't putting the bread constantly in your face.

they put a sign wich says, " today only, 2 breads for the price of 1"for example  en customers will see that , because most customers are looking for special offers so it's no use to put it under their nose several times every 7 minutes.

it's so very simple to me, there is a wishing well next to the castle doing completly nothing at all. make it an offer well wich light up when their is a new offer so players don't have to deal with those terrible pop-ups wich are pushing players away from the game
    wow, actually a good use for useless well now :D
    sjc @ in 1
  • Taggart (US1)Taggart (US1) Posts: 548US1
    I waited for my bloodcrow attack to land. It reached its destination, but nothing happened - not even an arrow back. I questioned what happened, then it all hit me...

- 4 ingame reward popups
    - 4 ruby offers
    - 2 popups of equipment/tools sales

I love this goddamn game man

^ reached at level 18.
    Taggart @ US1. Level 50 Count Palatine, the Shieldcrusher, 120k MP, proud denier of buying rubies, proud member of Excalibur Echo, proud forum community member.
    Taggart @ Int3

I'm the Sandravlc from ye olde days. Been here since 2014...
    Frenemy of Graycat since 2015

I waited for my bloodcrow attack to land. It reached its destination, but nothing happened - not even an arrow back. I questioned what happened, then it all hit me...

- 4 ingame reward popups
    - 4 ruby offers

and it's only getting nicer for sure :)    this weeken i had a marathon of 100% ruby offer (i buy 5k rubies and get 100k) followed by 110% ruby offer (i buy 50k rubies en receive 105k) followed by 100%runy offer (1 buy 50k rubies and alliance also receive 50k)   and then it repeats from the beginning :):):). maybe they hoped that i would buy rubies but i won't
    flug @ nl 1
  • Pieter Cornelis (NL1)Pieter Cornelis (NL1) Posts: 248NL1
    edited 01.12.2018
    Okay honest, i was to soon. It was only after the first inlog of the day. I guess that can happen. :-)
    Post edited by Pieter Cornelis (NL1) on
  • I waited for my bloodcrow attack to land. It reached its destination, but nothing happened - not even an arrow back. I questioned what happened, then it all hit me...

- 4 ingame reward popups
    - 4 ruby offers

and it's only getting nicer for sure :)    this weeken i had a marathon of 100% ruby offer (i buy 5k rubies and get 100k) followed by 110% ruby offer (i buy 50k rubies en receive 105k) followed by 100%runy offer (1 buy 50k rubies and alliance also receive 50k)   and then it repeats from the beginning :):):). maybe they hoped that i would buy rubies but i won't
    Wow, I sure would like an offer where I buy 5k rubies and get 100k... I normally never buy rubies but I mean, that would be to perfect...

- 4 ingame reward popups
    - 4 ruby offers

Wow, I sure would like an offer where I buy 5k rubies and get 100k... I normally never buy rubies but I mean, that would be to perfect...
    surely i meant 50k rubies , the zero dropt off screen :):):)

i should say...................buy rubies and directly after buying you will get that offer  (buy 50k and recieve 100k)    
    flug @ nl 1
  • I also find the popups irritating, but like @BM Neroxnex said it is a free to play game. So i dont mind the popups but the lag the create is annoying and don't get me to buy rubies. So if GGE fix the lag I think that would solve a lot of irritating from the players, including myself!!! 

ps, I think gge is going in the right direction. But they can beter do a little bit less new stuff in the game and solve the problems first, but that are just my thoughts! 
    Glory record
    http://prntscr.com/hck737
    douwew @ nl 1

Sign In to comment.