We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Empire HTML5 Beta - Feedback & Bug Reports

Brave warriors,

In this thread, you can leave feedback about the current HTML5 beta and forward bug reports to our development team.

In case you’re reporting a bug in this thread, please be so kind as to add the following information:

• Browser you are currently playing with

• Actual version of your browser

• A step by step explanation of how the bug/issue popped up

• Where possible, please add a screenshot

If you don’t know how to find your browser version or in case there are any other questions, feel free to have a look at our HTML5 FAQ.

We’re looking forward to receiving your feedback about the HTML5 game version. 

Thank you in advance! We really appreciate your support!

Best,
Your Empire Family
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 315GB1
    edited 30.11.2018
    " It would help us greatly for those of you testing HTML5 if you could report a bug in the HTML5 version that does not exist in the Flash version."

It would help your unpaid testers IF gge could issue a list of the known bugs they've just ported "as is" to the new platform so we don't waste our precious time trying to check BOTH versions for them.......

Also as the thread is likely to get quite long/detailed - can a summary be posted somewhere so we don't end up documenting something that's already been reported?
  • dandelion1958 (GB1)dandelion1958 (GB1) Posts: 525GB1
    edited 30.11.2018
    Something not clear in the post or FAQ's - what will happen of i continue to use my old p/c - i have firefox - so will it still run ?

PS still not able to view the in-game announcements - think blocked by adblock or my internet security !

@BM Fujiwara  for info ^
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    @dandelion1958 (GB1)

Yes, not only will it run, it _should_ run better than the current Flash player does....
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• I dont test the new HTML version yet, but i want to sincerely thanks the GGS for this effort. In many browser games, the people responsible for them only keep them active withou doing much, only wainting for it to die, many times dont even informing players.

I am not expert, but to me, seems that made the game to the HTML is almost like make a new game. I just want you people of GGS to know that at least this players (and others too) realy reconize and apreciate the effort!!!
    Emattos @ WWW 2
    edited 01.12.2018
    "As an important note: Nothing will happen to your account! We won’t make any changes to your account and you can still access the game with your game account and continue playing with that account on the HTML5 version. Your castle will remain in the pristine condition you remember it (so long as you left it in a pristine condition!). Nothing will change here and progress will not be lost."

slightly confused about the meaning of the last two sentences from the beta announcement as HTML5 is mentioned specifically but term "account" is used interchangeably through the announcement to refer to either platform....

I assume it just tells you that flash "live" version of your account is separate from the HTML5 "beta test" version so you can do different things and independently they will progress (or not if you don't play on one or the other..)

I presume the HTML beta version only exists for the period 3rd - 12th of December and after that any changes to your HTML5 account WILL be lost.  

Hopefully it does not mean that if you test something in here and it trashes your account (accidentally or deliberately for testing purposes) then there won't be a reset in HTML5 live version and tough, you are stuck with it

Can we just confirm explicitly that we'll go live (at the appropriate time) on HTML5 with a copy of our "live" account from the flash version......?
  • Galiaus (US1)Galiaus (US1) Posts: 121US1
    where is the link going to be? in-game?

• Where do i found HTML5 Link??:)
  • "As an important note: Nothing will happen to your account! We won’t make any changes to your account and you can still access the game with your game account and continue playing with that account on the HTML5 version. Your castle will remain in the pristine condition you remember it (so long as you left it in a pristine condition!). Nothing will change here and progress will not be lost."

slightly confused about the meaning of the last two sentences from the beta announcement as HTML5 is mentioned specifically but term "account" is used interchangeably through the announcement to refer to either platform....

I assume it just tells you that flash "live" version of your account is separate from the HTML5 "beta test" version so you can do different things and independently they will progress (or not if you don't play on one or the other..)

I presume the HTML beta version only exists for the period 3rd - 12th of December and after that any changes to your HTML5 account WILL be lost.  

Hopefully it does not mean that if you test something in here and it trashes your account (accidentally or deliberately for testing purposes) then there won't be a reset in HTML5 live version and tough, you are stuck with it

Can we just confirm explicitly that we'll go live (at the appropriate time) on HTML5 with a copy of our "live" account from the flash version......?
    where is the link going to be? in-game?
    Can I repeat both of these guys questions? Is the HTML version gonna be a "copy" of our real accounts, or are actual real accounts, and where can I find a link?

• my player experience so far has been negative, just logged and saw spy camp - took twice as long as normal to set the hit and very clunky performance with click/drag on troops/tools
    GamerGac5754 @ en 1
  • it gets stuck at loading at 5% http://prntscr.com/lq1z0m
  • using maxthon 5 vs 5.2.3.3000
    GamerGac5754 @ en 1
  • Lady Nym (US1)Lady Nym (US1) Posts: 387US1
    Castle is zoomed in and i have no idea how to zoom out.  Chat has an empty line at the bottom. It looks a bit blurry.
  • wof also clunky

GamerGac5754 @ en 1
  • First time opening anything gets a 2-3 second gear-turning graphic. Once you get through the first click on something... the Performance is pretty good 

Issues noticed thus far:
    -- Zooming out on castles is not working
    -- Font looks blurry and/or smaller and in some cases, highlighted or shadow fonts are having issues displaying properly. 

• and running a train on sam camp is impossible...
    GamerGac5754 @ en 1
  • Can not log in with me mobile via puffin ???
  • on the up side, tool prodn was less clunky than with flash

GamerGac5754 @ en 1
  • Stevemass (GB1)Stevemass (GB1) Posts: 238GB1
    too slow at the moment 
    Stevemass @ en 1
    edited 03.12.2018
    Answered my own question - looks like your own account can be accessed EITHER by normal link OR HTML link and accessing it through one link will log you out of the other....

So I think this means DON'T TREAT THIS AS A TEST SANDBOX - WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS GOING TO CHANGE YOUR ONE AND ONLY ACCOUNT - anything that happens here looks like it will be an irrevocable change!
  • The symbol on the flag isnt right see the screenshot 

Glory record
    http://prntscr.com/hck737
    douwew @ nl 1

Sign In to comment.