BCs and FCs Update

Holdup, I thought every time you exiled the FL you got 500+ more defenders. So imagine me humming to Christmas carols looking forward to unlimited amounts of FC troops easy. I spent like 500 Kahn medals upgrading my FC only to have them look at me and do this : Image result for see ya sucker gif

My FC had less troops then before I exiled it in the beginning lmao.
#Shrinktherubygap

Comments

• Kingd0mKing (US1)Kingd0mKing (US1) Posts: 107US1
    edited 26.11.2018
    I thought it stacked the defenders every time and that's why it got more expensive. 

Forget the meme in the last post, can`t edit the original post sadly. This is more what the FC troops did lmao : Image result for see ya sucker gif

Looks a lot like those new FC troops lmao ^
    #Shrinktherubygap
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    The coin/tablet/token "exile" literally rerolls you a brand new castle, and then adds the extra troops - so chances are if you reroll a 4k castle you'll get a 500, and then it'll randomly add 20-500 troops to that 500
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

Yes, I agree, I've posted an update I've been given in the November updates thread, and hopefully people will be quick to spread the word around of how it works.

The wording in game is currently "...exile and replace the current castle lord..." which I thought was relatively clear - how would you suggest improving the wording?
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• Adventurer32 (US1)Adventurer32 (US1) Posts: 197US1
    edited 26.11.2018
    BM Fujiwara said: 
    Yes, I agree, I've posted an update I've been given in the November updates thread, and hopefully people will be quick to spread the word around of how it works.

The wording in game is currently "...exile and replace the current castle lord..." which I thought was relatively clear - how would you suggest improving the wording?
    I'm not sure, I'll think about it, but I just quickly read it ingame, and maybe I misunderstood it and didn't see the replace part, but If the tooltip could emphasize it REPLACES the castle first, then adds the defenders, I think that would help. I think many peoples eyes just glaze over most of it, and just see the extra defenders added, which I mean, yeah, they should have read it, but I find I'm not the only person misunderstanding it, so if the writing EXILE AND REPLACE the current castle lord could be in bold, or emphasized somehow, or maybe even a diagram with the current castle being replaced, then troops being added, that would probably help people understand the feature doesn't work as you'd expect, with the current castle just being given additional defenders.

Another solution would be to just make the feature work as you'd expect, and just add extra defenders to the current castle, which makes sense to me...

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 760NL1
    edited 26.11.2018
    how can it be that when i make foreign castle stronger with 1200 rubies that the 3800 castle becoms 1042?????

thats not making stronger, that's weakening.

so what's the use to make castles ' stronger'for 1200 rubies???????  please can someone tell me 

flug @ nl 1
  • Its not even worth it, and to think I was soo excited for this update. I mightaswell get the season points by wasting 2 mins of my life hitting that worthless FC. 
    #Shrinktherubygap
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 760NL1
    Its not even worth it, and to think I was soo excited for this update. I mightaswell get the season points by wasting 2 mins of my life hitting that worthless FC. 
    indeed, i just destroy the little castles i get now  safes me a lot.

also destroy the big ones ofcourse when i get them :)
    flug @ nl 1
  • ken.n (US1)ken.n (US1) Posts: 132US1
    How about scrap the update and just rework the randomizer so we see more big targets? If you spy players in the top 20 alliances you will find 5 to 10k defenders or more why does it take over 100 hits to find 1 big target every event?
    ken.n @ usa 1
  • How about not leaving it up to the roll of the dice...this feature is a waste if it is not a sure thing. Why would anyone want to run the risk of getting yet another crappy, tiny castle.
    Lady Twilight @ usa 1
  • Kingd0mKing (US1)Kingd0mKing (US1) Posts: 107US1
    edited 27.11.2018
    How about not leaving it up to the roll of the dice...this feature is a waste if it is not a sure thing. Why would anyone want to run the risk of getting yet another crappy, tiny castle.
    ^^^ :smiley:
    #Shrinktherubygap
  • Rakan (SKN1)Rakan (SKN1) Posts: 213SKN1
    so far it works for me tho,i dont try big castles ofcource but 7-900 ones then go with red flags 6 waves is 50k plus glory not bad at all... tho its an issue with the spyreport turning out bugged if rerolled castles,need to spy twice is abit anoying....
    to greedy people want to ad deff on 3-6000k castles =) unlucky you gambled and loost.
    Rakan @ skn 1
  • I don't know. I worked out the kinks with it currently and busted 3-4 million glory in a couple of hours. It wasn't too bad. I almost made "the proud" for the first time ever on this server. Or, for a long time. I might have done it here back in the days of the great tournament. I am not really sure of time frames. 

But, once they smooth everything out. I find it a welcome addition to the game and will give me something to do with Samurai Tokens and a real reason to start collecting them again on mass. As well as a future use for Kahn Medals which I was running out of real use for. To be honest I find it a welcome addition.

I really had some fun and took some time to enjoy myself and the new feature early this morning.

YBB

Current Member of The Un~Forgiven (Self Appointed Propagandist)
    Former Proud Member of HITMEN(formerly know as Grumpy Hitmen)
    Former Proud Member of The Ninja Pack, Rastafarians, Rustlin' Jimmies, KingdonOfDeath and Strike Force
    Proud former Recruiter for The Ninja Pack - Crimson Warriors
    And, a very brief Period Of Time in Neph Reapers(Please don't tell The MISC)

https://prnt.sc/immx03
    Making a run for first and your...
    https://prnt.sc/imuxgc
    Then You...
    https://prnt.sc/imupnu
    FML

HIVE Club leader and Creator
    http://prntscr.com/fz0jgz
    http://prntscr.com/fyowm1

GGE Courting Methods
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/358319/bullies#latest
    Well at least. She Posted on my wall.

I am also a self-appointed GGE historian. Back in the day, I was in the Original "Honey Badgers". Until it became part of the fellowship. And, my character fell into ashes over a long hospital stay. And, the use of "xXx" at the beginning and end of the of your name was removed along with my Character. I've been here from the Start B***hes.

• Where is the information which server we are fighting?

Surely peepz will be more willing to re-roll when vs country that is knows to have better chance finding good no. of defenders (for. ex  Russia or Germany as oppose to Brazil or Romania). If Exile is actually re-rolling first, shirley no one in the right mind will be willing to risk it when vs Brazil or Romania.

GOOD JOB on the update GGS, it's -1/10!!!!
    Where is the information which server we are fighting?

Surely peepz will be more willing to re-roll when vs country that is knows to have better chance finding good no. of defenders (for. ex  Russia or Germany as oppose to Brazil or Romania). If Exile is actually re-rolling first, shirley no one in the right mind will be willing to risk it when vs Brazil or Romania.

Back when the event came out, I was sceptical that these were ever real castles in the first place. Nowadays, I'm convinced they aren't (and perhaps never were). How many level 70s do you know with 500 troops in? Do you really think Romanian players have 500 troops and German players don't? I know, I know, I've heard all the stuff about it really mattering which server you're theoretically up against, but has anyone actually collected any data that demonstrates this? I'm fairly convinced that there's no info on the server being fought because the facade had worn thin enough that everyone had already realised there was no server being fought at all anyway.
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• Where is the information which server we are fighting?

Back when the event came out, I was sceptical that these were ever real castles in the first place. Nowadays, I'm convinced they aren't (and perhaps never were). How many level 70s do you know with 500 troops in? Do you really think Romanian players have 500 troops and German players don't? I know, I know, I've heard all the stuff about it really mattering which server you're theoretically up against, but has anyone actually collected any data that demonstrates this? I'm fairly convinced that there's no info on the server being fought because the facade had worn thin enough that everyone had already realised there was no server being fought at all anyway.
    But for some reason :w:wink: 
    We always happen to get really good FCs during a German FC event and during a Brazil one we get terrible ones lol. 
    #Shrinktherubygap
  • Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) Posts: 837US1
    edited 28.11.2018
    Where is the information which server we are fighting?

You can go ahead to collect the data, but for me and my team, we always have much better luck getting higher no. of troops, statistically speaking, when vs Russia/Germany compare to vs Romania/Brazil. Also when vs Romania/Brazil, at least half of castle has peasant instead of militia.

The statistic different is stunning, that we don't even need to record and collect the data to feel the different. This has been in the past 2-3 Y, so it's not something new. So dismissing this notion and challenge me to provide the data shows me that you clearly put your head under the sand. Apparently almost everyone belief this, except you.

My point is has NOTHING to do with whether it's real castle or not. We know it's not, GGS NEVER claims it is. As per GGS announcement back then, it's basically a saved copy of attacks from the server we are fighting against and one of this randomly chosen and become incumming on us. The collection of attacks, is not live nor taken recently, but  most likely was taken long time ago and has not updated at all (evident by no new commander nor attack tools nor troops).

The FC/BC castles, also an copy of castles (that supposedly depend on our level, but I don't see any evidence). This collection of copies are not actively taken, meaning we probably using the same exact pool of copies as of 3Y ago (evident by some castle has extinct Bear/Lion troops).

So it's NOT like when we attack, that attack got sent to the opponent server (even though there is some idea, thrown in the announcement, that it will eventually got send sometime in the future, not real time, but I don't believe that ever get implemented). HOWEVER at the end, fighting against certain country, gives us different start different chance on our possibility getting a strong castle. Sure Russia has 400 troops castle, but I get heck a lot of castles that has 1.5k whenever vs Russia/Germanly compare to vs Romania/Brazil (in some event I may even NEVER see 1.5k at all when fighthing these server). So yeah, knowing which server we are fighting against, give us idea how active we want to play the event. Or this matter whether it's worth to buy 'Exile'.
    Post edited by Peter John (US1) on
  • BCs and FLs are indeed mythical and bear no relation to real castles.
    The reroll function is great, but you do need to remember that it is a dice roll. So think you are playing blackjack/21.
    If you are dealt initially a castle with 1000 or more defenders, don't reroll (equivalent to 17 in blackjack).
    However, with the usual hoards of rubbish BCs or FLs (definitely everything under 700, which is the majority during a competition), then reroll once of twice. 
    Never reroll more than 3 times.
    So pretty cheap in coins, medals or whatever you are using.
    However, this does eat into red flags for me, as over 1000 I put them on, so consumption has shot up.
    So the first update that has improved things (a little) for a long time, though once figured out, I guess the tedium will return.
    The fortify feature should now be working intended. Please let me know if it trashes castle numbers after use (ideally with a screenshot before and after fortifying), and I'll get it straight through to QA
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• BCs and FLs are indeed mythical and bear no relation to real castles.
    The reroll function is great, but you do need to remember that it is a dice roll. So think you are playing blackjack/21.
    If you are dealt initially a castle with 1000 or more defenders, don't reroll (equivalent to 17 in blackjack).
    However, with the usual hoards of rubbish BCs or FLs (definitely everything under 700, which is the majority during a competition), then reroll once of twice. 
    Never reroll more than 3 times.
    So pretty cheap in coins, medals or whatever you are using.
    However, this does eat into red flags for me, as over 1000 I put them on, so consumption has shot up.
    So the first update that has improved things (a little) for a long time, though once figured out, I guess the tedium will return.
    The fortify feature should now be working intended. Please let me know if it trashes castle numbers after use (ideally with a screenshot before and after fortifying), and I'll get it straight through to QA
    I think he's talking about exiling... although fortifying and exiling really should work the same way instead of how when you currently spend coins/whatever you choose, you can end up getting a WORSE castle.

Sign In to comment.