Discussion Thread: Private Resource Villages

Hey everyone,

So, in an effort to address the fact that so many people have no resource villages (particularly in sand and fire) as they all tend to be collected in the big alliances, there is a proposed solution to make things fairer for all. Private resource villages will soon be a thing, giving everyone a chance to have a full stack of food villages in each kingdom. The top levels for a village are very slightly better than a standard village, which means that the bigger players will slowly start replacing theirs, meaning the standard ones get distributed towards those otherwise less fortunate -- and of course you can choose to pick up your own villages instead of waiting as well. #shrinkTheRubyGap

All thoughts and feedback appreciated as always :)

Cheers,

Your Empire community team!
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• I am happy to maximise food so not to get starvation. this is a game , but in real life crap happens , and you know when you log on you lost most of your troops because of food shortage.

I was going to suggest a food surplus , which could be bought for rubies / coins and could be kept in all castles, so if you cannot log on for any reason , it would use if use if your main food runs out..

So private rv sounds good

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • I like this idea. Give it a go
    Marty Maurder @ en 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,498
    This update is just going to destroy an another strategy element of the game. 

Why fight for normal villages when you can get private villages that are more powerful?

I think private villages are good in a sense that it allows players who are having issues obtaining real villages to actually gain some of these production bonuses. But why does these villages have to be more powerful? It doesn't make any sense. 

This is also just going to further discourage players from participating in pvp situations. 
    Why pvp or war for villages when you can get private ones? What's worse is that you level up these villages by doing.. guess what? Events! Yes! events! 

The pvp element of this game is already suffering greatly.
    This update is only going to become another nail in the coffin judging the direction these developers are moving towards. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• can you just confirm that you can have either these or original rv's -? seems a bit unclear - i can see top players buying them and having twice the boost in outers and becoming even more unassailable!

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) ! better than fireworks :-)

Leading the Targaryens - what have i done to upset the war gods ? less playing time more writing time :-s

PS interested in joining - PM our recruiter or any officer in Game :-)

• I want an official answer. @BM Fujiwara
     The villages of private resruse gather with the public or each type of village belongs to his column? So I have: 1) You can hold maximum 5 private villages on the Kingdom of Ice, 10 on the Kingdom of Sand and 10 on the Kingdom of fire and 5 public villages on the Kingdom of Ice, 10 on the Kingdom of Sand and 10 on the Kingdom of Fire
    2) Can you hold a maximum of 5 private or/and public villages on the Kingdom of Ice, 10 on the Kingdom of Sand and 10 on the Kingdom of fire, thus making the transition to private villages?
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,567
    can you just confirm that you can have either these or original rv's -? seems a bit unclear - i can see top players buying them and having twice the boost in outers and becoming even more unassailable!

only one of them as it says
    Imperiul.Roman (RO1) said:
    I want an official answer. @BM Fujiwara
     The villages of private resruse gather with the public or each type of village belongs to his column? So I have: 1) You can hold maximum 5 private villages on the Kingdom of Ice, 10 on the Kingdom of Sand and 10 on the Kingdom of fire and 5 public villages on the Kingdom of Ice, 10 on the Kingdom of Sand and 10 on the Kingdom of Fire
    2) Can you hold a maximum of 5 private or/and public villages on the Kingdom of Ice, 10 on the Kingdom of Sand and 10 on the Kingdom of fire, thus making the transition to private villages?
    See above

700k mp level 69 vor dem ersten Rubinkauf!

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • I like this idea in principle.

Where it falls short is the total limit of 90 tokens that can be purchased in the Samurai and Nomads shops when each private rv takes 35 tokens to get to be equivalent to a public rv and each token thereafter is 900 rubies, which will make it seriously expensive to upgrade the private rvs.

• I like this idea in principle.

Where it falls short is the total limit of 90 tokens that can be purchased in the Samurai and Nomads shops when each private rv takes 35 tokens to get to be equivalent to a public rv and each token thereafter is 900 rubies, which will make it seriously expensive to upgrade the private rvs.

I think that the point is that perhaps private rvs while convenient and can not be taken from another player that not just anyone can own them, unless if perhaps a player has enough rubies and really wants to upgrade a private rv past level 1.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • yes you should be able to by the private rv's with supplies or gold because not everyone is a rubi buyer. most of the big powerful alliances have rubie buyers so it wouldn't be fair.
    yes you should be able to by the private rv's with supplies or gold because not everyone is a rubi buyer. most of the big powerful alliances have rubie buyers so it wouldn't be fair.
    you can get the with nomad tablets and samurai tokens 
    45 village tokens per nomads / samurai for 10500 tablets / tokens
    that is something even complete non-ruby players can do

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • This update is just going to destroy an another strategy element of the game. 

Why fight for normal villages when you can get private villages that are more powerful?

I think private villages are good in a sense that it allows players who are having issues obtaining real villages to actually gain some of these production bonuses. But why does these villages have to be more powerful? It doesn't make any sense. 

This is also just going to further discourage players from participating in pvp situations. 
    Why pvp or war for villages when you can get private ones? What's worse is that you level up these villages by doing.. guess what? Events! Yes! events! 

The pvp element of this game is already suffering greatly.
    This update is only going to become another nail in the coffin judging the direction these developers are moving towards. 

I believe it is going to take a long time to get even one rv to level where it is better than original rv.

• The pricing and limit of the tokens makes me wonder about a  few things that aren't clear or flat out omitted.  

Things like:
    1)Is 45 the total limit of tokens one can buy from sams/nomad, or is it 45 for nomads and 45 for sams, or is it 45 per sam/nomad event?
    2)Can you have more than 45 village tokens at any given time?
    3)What's the base cost of a village in Ice, Sand and Fire.
    3)What's the boost value of a base village? The example seems to indicate a base village boost is the same as a lvl10 village.
    4)Upgrade costs of the Sand and Fire villages.

GGE must have a new person doing the translations into english as the grammar and idea transmission has gotten worse in the various announcements of late.  Not that it was that good before.
  • I don't care about it so much my food is always -5000 but sounds good.just  +1000 /2000 more troops 
  • So is the 45 token limit per event, or total? As in, can you buy 45 every time the event happens or just once? thanks!

I quit the game for two years. Now I'm back on the Asia server.

General for Drunken Fist

Previous accounts 5555s on US1 and Asia1

So is the 45 token limit per event, or total? As in, can you buy 45 every time the event happens or just once? thanks!
    every iteration of nomads / samurais

• It fails to recognise the work stronger players put in to work out strategies for taking RV's and that many of us for years have shared our full compliments of RV's with developing players as an alliance resource to help them develop.  

The basic problem is that RV's are held by retired accounts, multiple accounts and shared accounts owned or run by top alliances and had that problem been addressed this whole doubtless expensive development would be unnecessary.  Lets be clear there are less individual active accounts than there are resource villages at this point and if you removed inactive or illegal - under GGE rules - this simply would not be an issue. 

This is the major problem with the game. Deal with this.

Private RVs are simply another version of inflation that is increasingly (ho, ho) affecting all aspects of the game. It takes away all challenge and gets closer to Space Invaders every day. When you had to figure out strategies to deal with paucity of resources, such as a total lack of RVs, you did and it paid off. Same for decos, kit and pretty much everything.

The challenge is going, simply because GGE will not put their back into sorting the underlying problem and instead think the cries of 'not fair' aimed at differences in resource available to different active need to be heeded, because otherwise people will leave the game. No, people leave the game because there is no challenge. The only thing that is not fair is multi accounting and using multis to hoard RVs and 8 food outposts.

It would lhave been simpler to simply put RVs out to grass once every month or so, forcing players to recap.

To bore everyone to death, I can remember back in the day, when in a small alliance, I finally held a flank and we won a defence against a big player - through gradually testing tactics and figuring out what worked best. Sure we had plenty of fire pixels and lost 1000s of defenders in the process, but we solved a problem together and that made us play on. Take that away and Sim City  (a great game, I played the original by Maxis in b/w) is more interesting.
  • Yes it would seem that GGS have little to no idea about the gaps and issues within this game.  Private RVs will indeed allow players to hold more troops but as far as old style RVs being then made available as a result lets please not insult the intelligence of this community since they will just be added to the ever increasing collection of shells populating servers.  This does nothing to lessen the advantage of having multiple accounts held be single players to provide additional attack or defensive armies and of course the odd Bot in such disposable accounts.  As far as GGS penalties are concerned this in truth borders on a joke with suspensions that can be manged by players using this tactic and when a single account becomes high risk they can let penalties reset while using other accounts in the collection of multiple accounts at hand.  There is nothing in this game that seems likely to deal with this increasing problem and in truth if you simply hold a single account that plays honestly RVs of any nature will do nothing to shore up the fact that your account is simply vulnerable in a game that is so close to its death throes, due to a lack of committed controls exerted by the provider, to sum up the opinion of so many I speak to who cares and lets find another game not managed by this provider
    Andrew Wallace @ en 1
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,092
    As well as inflation the pace with which accrued advantages are devalued is much faster as well now.  What you did yesterday is irrelevant today regardless of time or skill spent to achieve a result.  That from a motivational point is a killer.  What happens is that players stop pushing because goals become clearly obtainable regardless of the amount of time spent or effort expended.  There is too much equipment it’s too easily obtainable everything being sold simply creates a conformity that destroys innovation and uniqueness of approach.  Basically we all have the same equipment play the same way and some of us spend a bit more to be successful.  RV’s are steeped in individual player or alliance history they should have been given greater value not turned into quasi buildings with doubtless P.O. slots like everything else.  Just sad future won’t get to know the frustration and elation of their capture.  Sad moment
    Batten @ en 1
Sign In to comment.