We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Our new in-game announcement tool!

BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
Hey everyone,

Having just announced a rather cool new in game announcement feature, we'd be very keen to hear your thoughts about what you would like it to be used for (letting people know about the details of big upcoming game updates, giving people additional warning on server downtime for maintenance etc).

Cheers,

Your Empire community team!
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• Lady Nym (US1)Lady Nym (US1) Posts: 387US1
    Any news about HTML5 and the other stuff that was said will come this year?
  • Oh my...another pop-up.   That fiasco over Halloween just about pushed me right out of this game.  Why another pop-up.  You have email.
  • When you you going to allow us to get rid of gems and extra equipment in an easier way?   We dont need anymore pop-up.  We need things that actually make the game easier to play.  Same goes for healing troops.  Really?  have to click each time you want help from your alliance?   Please, No More Pop-ups.
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,084INT1
    To be honest this new update is the last thing on my wish list, when is the new Shapeshifter Cast being introduced and when is the super cast being withdrawn.
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,677GB1
    edited 13.11.2018
    I don't understand why they would want to introduce more pop-ups to the game when the current ones are already bad enough. 

While i understand that this new pop-up will come with important and useful information, having this pop-up combined with all the massive spam of offers just doesn't work. If you want to add this new information feature to the game, could you then please at least get rid of the offers that's sabotaging our gameplay experience?

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Az3xGOD (INT1)Az3xGOD (INT1) Posts: 38INT1
    Remove pop ups please, but keep the ruby offers near the alliance chat and maybe add a SMALL poppup near it, like a moving exclamation mark near it
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 691NL1
    edited 13.11.2018
    please HELL NO not just another pop-up!!!   didn't you read the thread about pop-ups since
    4-2018?????  clearly not because another pop-up is coming??????

NO MORE pop ups , reduce pop-ups please!!!!

it can still be sent to players' mailbox, just like those crazy surveys sent by gge?

flug @ nl 1
  • the reason why so few people visit forum aside from the once in a blue moon is that there is little point.
    too much whinging 
    announcements that no ones interested in. We want easier gem - kit disposal, new events
    nothing done about aspects of the game that should be sorted, players want sorted- ie bugs - multi accounts - proxy accounts and the avalanche of pop ups.
    Find something useful - original and beneficial .

catch you next blue moon
  • Osiris (GB1)Osiris (GB1) Posts: 212GB1
    I think I am with everyone else when my first thought is "Oh no! not more pop-ups!"

I agree that passing salient information to players in game is a good thing; about 95% have little clue what's going on because they don't/can't/won't use the forum.

But please do make it a button like the daily tasks and quest book, perhaps make it pulse or glow when there is unread information in there.  Likewise with the pop-ups, don't make them POP! right in your face when you are trying to do anything; have the little icons at the bottom pulse or glow when there is a new offer available then its up to people to click on it or not (and live with the pulsing/glowing thing at the bottom of the screen).  I reckon they will still click on it to stop it from pulsing away but they will do it at a time that works for them.

That would definitely cut down on the lag people experience when a pop-up is due and its unlikely to put people off buying, rather it will mean people are less put off because of the constant pop-ups.

Halloween was a nightmare with the 15 minute pop-ups.  Talk about Trick or Treat - most definitely GGS playing tricks on us to try our patience.
    Osiris @ en 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 13.11.2018
    Well, I think that are a number of reasons why perhaps not everyone looks at the forum. Number 1, some people may know that the forum exists, but are not willing to spend any time in the forum and just simply want to only just play the game. Number 2, some players are new to the game who perhaps may not necessarily be interested in the forum until they have become more experienced in game play first or just simply not know about the forum which perhaps could be, because they are part of a small alliance and word of mouth about the existence of the forum seems to spreads more easily in bigger and more active alliances in general.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Number 3, players who have low activity in the game possibly may be even less likely to visit the forum. And lastly, number 4 some people might have learned about the forum by word of mouth or in some cases actually visited the forum, but lost interest in the forum, because they do not like the feedback from other players in the forum/ think that some of the announcements in the forum are a joke. Now I still frequently visit the forum, but their may be some players who do not visit the forum or in some cases stopped visiting the forum for those reasons among other possible reasons as well besides what I had mentioned.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Honestly I like this idea, it just might help bring the forums back to life. However i do feel that forums activity should have some sort of reward too...

But yes, please bring the forums back!

MAGA
    Make Arguing Great Again! 
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    So I'm still chasing up October updates, I hope to get details soon, but my contact is on holiday for most of this week, so it might be next week.

Regarding November updates, there's something exciting to be posted on Friday that will answer some of that (including fixing a long term frustration!)

I've also fed back how much happier people would be with an in game notification system that doesn't involve Yet Another Pop Up
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• I believe that Stillfront wants to quit the forums and announce all updates directly in the game. No forums -> no taxes for them -> +actives for SF 

• DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) Posts: 201GB1
    To be honest this new update is the last thing on my wish list, when is the new Shapeshifter Cast being introduced and when is the super cast being withdrawn.
    This
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.