We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Outer Realms - Ranking points & Rewards

BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
Hey everyone,

You can discuss everything in the outer realms rank and reward announcement in this thread! Feedback on the quality of rewards and appropriateness to each rank tier would be great, including thoughts of any rewards you feel should be there but aren't!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it! :smile:

Cheers,

Your Empire community team!
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• douwew (NL1)douwew (NL1) Posts: 157
    edited 18.09.2018
    This are the only rewards you can get? Then it is a not much for a long event!I would like some tools etc, so the non-ruby players has a chance to. 
    @BM Fujiwara
    Glory record
    http://prntscr.com/hck737
    douwew @ nl 1

• maybe some troops, new set,look item that isnt only for top 50

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,614GB1
    the best thing about this event ?

yep its optional.  So i will give it a pass.

why on earth do i want to spend a fortune ruby building a new castle so i can do what ? PVP?

Surely thats what i have been building my castles to do for the last 6 years?  whats the point in spending a fortune on a new relm when its gonna get deleted?    The economics are not making a lot of sense to me.  Unless of course the speed of building the res / ruby costs are massivly accelerated and massivly cheaper, i will just pass.

the rewards are not doing much for me either, I have zero interest in anythign connected to the forge thing as thats a joke in itself.  

LOL 300 wheel tickets well that single spin on pro mode is gonna swing it for me, maybe i will get a piece of purple equipment, then i can pay GGE £20 a month so they can delete it for me.

Nah no thanks.  Sure some of the high level PO pieces are quite nice but i will be very interested to see just how much its actually goign to cost to get those rewards.

Time will tell, I will be watching with interest from a distance.  Care to take odds what percentage of the top 1000 players are in a country with significantly cheaper rubies.  

Funny that !

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,939ASIA1
    the best thing about this event ?

yep its optional.  So i will give it a pass.

why on earth do i want to spend a fortune ruby building a new castle so i can do what ? PVP?

Surely thats what i have been building my castles to do for the last 6 years?  whats the point in spending a fortune on a new relm when its gonna get deleted?    The economics are not making a lot of sense to me.  Unless of course the speed of building the res / ruby costs are massivly accelerated and massivly cheaper, i will just pass.

the rewards are not doing much for me either, I have zero interest in anythign connected to the forge thing as thats a joke in itself.  

LOL 300 wheel tickets well that single spin on pro mode is gonna swing it for me, maybe i will get a piece of purple equipment, then i can pay GGE £20 a month so they can delete it for me.

Nah no thanks.  Sure some of the high level PO pieces are quite nice but i will be very interested to see just how much its actually goign to cost to get those rewards.

Time will tell, I will be watching with interest from a distance.  Care to take odds what percentage of the top 1000 players are in a country with significantly cheaper rubies.  

Funny that !

First, lets see if you can actually play the event.. since it has 124k slots..
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    This are the only rewards you can get? Then it is a not much for a long event!I would like some tools etc, so the non-ruby players has a chance to. 
    @BM Fujiwara
    I haven't yet been told of other rewards. Notably those are definitely only the "end of event" rewards. It's not clear whether there will be anything given out when the daily points are handed out, or at less frequent intervals. I'll try to find out some more this week
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• This are the only rewards you can get? Then it is a not much for a long event!I would like some tools etc, so the non-ruby players has a chance to. 
    @BM Fujiwara
    I haven't yet been told of other rewards. Notably those are definitely only the "end of event" rewards. It's not clear whether there will be anything given out when the daily points are handed out, or at less frequent intervals. I'll try to find out some more this week
    Thank you!
    Glory record
    http://prntscr.com/hck737
    douwew @ nl 1

• Stumpyalaskan (US1)Stumpyalaskan (US1) Posts: 110US1
    edited 19.09.2018
    In most games, I would ask if the look items are permanent or temporary and can you add a gem to them. With GGE, I don't expect the answer to be correct so why ask.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 19.09.2018
    @BM Fujiwara
    It is also supposedly a "PVP" event instead of PVE, but in order to increase attraction to the event it may need to have more to offer besides only what you can get at the end of it like what douwew had mentioned earlier to you. There  may be at least a few pros to the event, but there are definitely some cons as well. A few of the most important things that I can think of on top of my head that you should get rewarded during the event are perhaps somehow getting extra troops, feathers, tools, and time skips for example during the event if possible. All of those things are very important for any event as well and especially since you apparently start off at only level 1 during the event as well. Also, similar to the test server perhaps everyone should get a free willow of experience at level 100 as well and especially if the event is going to be only a week long. If this were to happen then it could also mean that players who are only level 20 outside of the event could also reach level 70 during this event as well, but would not affect their level outside of the event.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,632GB1
    edited 19.09.2018
    Can't they design a whole new decoration related to the outer realms?
    I see that the new look item has a iron/military theme to it. Why not make a new decoration with the same theme?

Goddess of natures is all we've been getting lately and it's starting to get repetitive

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) Posts: 524GB1
    Still baffles me that they reckon 124k players are still playing game.
    Will be keeping out of this event mainly cos everything gets deleted and aint going to
    spend time building everything just to be demolished. :*
  • meme2020 (US1)meme2020 (US1) Posts: 19US1
    If you get attack in outer do you get a horn in your home server?

I'm not big fun of conspiracy theories, but the whole outer realm sounds like a test server renamed as "outer realm" that gge wants to make money out of it and create a distraction from their monthly charge plans.
  • meme2020 (US1)meme2020 (US1) Posts: 19US1
    If you get attack in outer do you get a horn in your home server?

nevermind, i found one of the question they answer and it was basically no. I'm assuming the same is true for the other way around, when you are in outer realm you can't see what happen on your main server. Also, seeing that it takes 10days to get your rewards just means that there is a manual process and there is no communication between servers . 
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 599US1
    Don't you mean F1 race practice session?  They're even lamer than the race is.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,614GB1
    Correct me if I am wrong on this one, but if the ONLY link to your main account will be the rewards & rubies purchased.

That means everything else, glory rank, Berri rank VIP Level, Equipment, etc etc.  Are all for nothing, and in this relm mean nothing.

So lets start with towers, you start the event with base level towers, and as we all know they give out crap food, crap res, and drop crap equipment.  Most towers take many months of hitting to get to a good level where the loot gained starts to be reasonable.  So realistically you are going to be playing the whole event hitting low level towers for minimal return.

Then lets move on to equipment, 99% of all equipment certainly decent equipment is gained from events, its been a very very long time since equipment was gained from hitting towers, in fact equipment dropped from towers has become so meaningless that you have written a program to automatically delete it for us for £20 a month of course.

So how exactly are players supposed to build an account?  how are they supposed to build comms and casts ?  I am guessing the only realistic way is going to be to ruby buy comms and casts.  

How exactly are players supposed to build their accounts ?  hitting level 1 towers for next to nothing returns ?  oh yes ruby buy res.  and have to purchase skips, as all the skips they have bought previosuly dont work in this new relm.  how are they supposed to get construction items, to give them more troops on their walls with no events?  oh yes ruby buy them.  

what about gaining VIP bonus back ? oh yes ruby buy it. 

What about getting decos as everyone gets em from events?  oh yes ruby buy em.

What about building troops as with no PO items, no construction build items, no VIP bonus no berri bonus, your production levels in your castles will be crap, so production will be painfully slow.  Oh yes ruby buy troops.

How are you going to feed your troops as your food production in your castles will be tiny, and the food you get from towers will be tiny, Oh yes ruby buy the food.

compress this down into say a month long event.  And the gulf between ruby and non ruby will be a JOKE.  your Non ruby players will have been lucky to have put together a 30-30 comm and a 30-30 cast.  they will have no other bonus and will have access to a tiny amount of troops.

Please prove me wrong, but on the face of it there seems no way on earth that a non ruby player has any chance whatsoever of playing this event.  The gulf will be HUGE.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,939ASIA1
    There are many questions about this event already.
    GGE has prove or gave no detalis at all, just little informations... but how the event is going to work.. nada'
    why is it so hard to start and run the event in test server, make a 1/2h long yt video, and post it on yt..
    You have the programs to live stream on twitch.
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• BM QueenBBM QueenB Posts: 201Moderator
    We doing our best to forward your issues to the GGE develop team.
    you all have to note that we moderators also play this game , and this game is dear to us, so please do not get us wrong , help us to make this game better and more interesting to play for everyone.
    thank you for understanding.
    QB
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    The difficulty is the more the game feels like a shop and less it feels like a game the less attractive it becomes.  Sometimes it’s not about the PO item or a piece of equipment it’s about the rush of actually winning.  I felt for a long time I’d never win anything but I kept grafting kept trying to improve and then after a lot of near misses I started to win.  It was the sense that even though you wouldn’t win regularly you might get lucky and do it once that kept me trying.  This event is like a boxing mismatch you will be putting in GGE world heavyweight champions in with amateurs flyweights who are putting on gloves for the first time and judging by forum whilst some servers players will respect that difference others will take out the amateur, the referee and half the stadium before being satisfied.  The reason the game was balanced and competitive was because troop numbers were limited, recruitment was limited speed wise and resource production was proportionate the problems began when you lost control of the balancing controls.  My advice is keep it old school no troop offers no special event equipment no craft items and no boosts.  Take it back to year two and three the gge golden age:)
    Batten @ en 1
Sign In to comment.