We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: New Event: The Outer Realms

Hey everyone,

You can discuss everything in the super exciting Outer Realms upcoming update in this thread! Obviously it'll be hard to give detailed feedback until the event has happened, but thoughts in advance are still much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it, and we'll have an update on when you can expect to first play the event very soon :smile:

Cheers,

Your Empire community team!
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• sounds exciting and expensive
  • CBee (US1)CBee (US1) Posts: 210US1
    sounds like a load of crap.  good luck.
    CBee @ usa1

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 13.09.2018
    The event may seem interesting, but  from what I had read earlier you start off at only level 1 and it is also for only a limited time as an event that apparently you can not send troops over there as well. I am hoping that the event will be at least a month long as well similar to Storm Islands instead of it being only one week long. Whether it is worth spending time skips on though because of you starting at only level 1 to level up buildings quickly I think is the more important question. I do not really see the point for starting off at only level 1 in this new event for a limited period of time, unless if you can level up and upgrade buildings very quickly while the event is taking place.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) Posts: 524GB1
    Crap event who wants to spend time building and who wants to spend money on ruby buildings and
    the whole lot just get demolished when event finishes.
    Apart from idiot's who cant play game without spending big money. as for taking on other players
    does this mean alliance players ganging up on other players.

seems like this will be a right balls up from start to finish 
  • ali hassan (INT1)ali hassan (INT1) Posts: 260INT1
    Seems to be like shape shifter event. But well HOPE it isn't.

:D
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 314GB1
    sounds like the invention of someone who wants to encourage people to multi account....stats must be bad and need boosting pronto
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) Posts: 524GB1
    first 124k players allowed rest are bored. it should be first 124k multi accounts first
    rest of us are barred.

amount of multi account on uk server is mad so some alliances will be popping them over 2 this event.
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,939ASIA1
    @BM Fujiwara i have some questions about the event:
    - when we enter the event, do we have to chose a new name/new account name? (since we no longer have our alliance in the event, we have to make a new alliance from scratch, so i guess it will be the same for acc nick-name?)
    - when we enter the event, how about the players from our servers, like mine (asia1), could i find them by searching their name in rankings, or won't happen? (since there are 124k slots on the server).
    - what time will have the event? (since you can capture outposts, i guess it will take a lot of time to build them, and your main castle (?) ).
    - can we use skips during the event? (to buy them?)
    - will there be ruby offers/bonus ruby offers during the event?
    - how's the entreing on event going to work? The lucky ones, will enter? (or we will get kicked/errors while trying to join the event/server (?) )

I'd be glad if you're taking your time to answer my questions, this event sounds fun (even if we will have to .... well use skips/rubyes), i'd like to know if there will be a chance for me, or other players to join the event, or the next one (?).if we miss it.
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 456NL1
    I'll start by saying what I know about the details is limited, but I'll do my best to answer what I can from what I've gleaned from people internally so far

3) The first I've heard so far is that it will be a week long. If that's actually true, I think it'll be way too short if it's "standard" levelling/time mechanics, and have pushed for it being at least a month or so. Too long wouldn't work either, but I suspect they're still deciding on the dev side themselves. Personally I think if it's a completely fresh start (no kit, no CoA, no maps and all the other background boosts we're used to), then all we'll have is a bunch of level 20s hitting each other and then resetting if it's a week, which strikes me as rather a waste of everyone's time.

I also heard that players will get 7 days beginner's protection.
    That's gonna be an interesting "event" then...
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • ciscous (IT1)ciscous (IT1) Posts: 3,699IT1
    edited 16.09.2018
    I love the idea of the event myself, it sounds like a good giggle. If it's really a completely fresh start, with no sams/noms/monthlies to fast build skips and troops (how many skips and troops are we really getting if you totally remove events from the main game?), I think it has to be long enough to be worthwhile, or it could end up being a complete flop.

If I know more, I'll post it over :)
    41/5000
    the last sentence contains the doubts of many players...
    I think that to work you should start all with a medium 70 lv castle (with some equipment) and not lv1.

• BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575

You know, I'm rather embarrassed that I hadn't already noticed this. Le sigh, tomorrow will involve heavy poking. Hopefully this is a good sign that it's not going to be only a week long.

What IMO would make it good is either super charged res from towers or much cheaper building upgrades, with much much shorter building times too. Then it could actually scale somewhat more sensibly. Frankly I think 12 hours of protection is plenty, but that's just me.
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 456NL1
    Good luck with the poking tomorrow, @BM Fujiwara!
    There's so few of you (mods) representing so many of us (players)..., you all have my respect. As long as you keep poking them till they feel our "pain", or until they come up with useful answers instead of continuously beating around the bush.
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 560AU1
    aBM Fujiwara said:

You know, I'm rather embarrassed that I hadn't already noticed this. Le sigh, tomorrow will involve heavy poking. Hopefully this is a good sign that it's not going to be only a week long.

What IMO would make it good is either super charged res from towers or much cheaper building upgrades, with much much shorter building times too. Then it could actually scale somewhat more sensibly. Frankly I think 12 hours of protection is plenty, but that's just me.
    a thought I had, why not going forward make the castle the median level of the castles in the previous event..may assuage the problem of having to start from scratch each time..
    Shares @ au 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,805AU1
    aBM Fujiwara said:

a thought I had, why not going forward make the castle the median level of the castles in the previous event..may assuage the problem of having to start from scratch each time..
    That would open up some nice strategies with how you develop at what pace which areas would absolutely love that!

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    • Why are there a number of servers, including the Egyptian server to participate
    • If the update is limited to certain servers, you would have to declare it only in special messages for the other servers. It is not fair to have an update or an event in the empire limited to certain servers.
    • This is a monopoly of other servers

• If the subject is related to the shipment or purchase from the store, you are the one who canceled the work of the country concerned with the Egyptian servers
  • When does it start?
  • sboy777 (US1)sboy777 (US1) Posts: 118US1
    edited 24.09.2018
    I tried to jump in, it logged me out and im having problems getting back in the game. nice 1 gge.. another shining example of the great work you all do.

-smalls

-update-it changed my startup page to international 2, thus I couldnt log in, once I changed it back to usa1 I am back in. but wow.. just wow.. not clicking on that again.
    sboy777 @ usa 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,637GB1
    edited 24.09.2018
    How are you supposed to cancel your own beginners protection inside the outer realms if every single player is in protection mode so you can't attack anyone?

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) Posts: 356GB1
    sounds like crazy, expensive bullshit

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

Sign In to comment.