We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: September Update Notes (Content Package)

BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 576
Hey everyone,

You can discuss everything in the September content and quality of life upcoming update in this thread! Thoughts on the removal of being offer-spammed when setting up attacks and defences appreciated, as well as any thought regarding the subscription system

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it! :smile:

Cheers,

Your Empire community team!
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,923ASIA1
    edited 13.09.2018
    So all in all, gge has made their own  empire bot (like the robo empire version) but with the a monthly subscription menu. 
    Basically... just a robo empire bot version made bydev's... instead you have to pay monthly for it.
    For 19,99$  a month
    Access to locked feature: Auto sell equips
    Access to locked feature: Auto spy reports
    So  instead of making a more easy way for players to sell their equipments from the inventory, they're making a paid monthly subsciption, good job lol..
    Also for "More subscription Bonuses"
    I mean if they're already thinking of "Temporary increased storage" and "Storage Capacity Booster", why not just making a "Temporary Space for Commanders"
    More Subscription Bonuses
    We are also planning to implement even more convenience features in our Subscription #2 (currently with Auto-Spy and Auto-Selling only). The following bonuses are already planned and will join this subscription:Food Storage Capacity Booster Temporary increased storage space Burning castle protection
    Now talking about the alliance bonuses... lets just think like this... gge is already planning on implementing these features, so no point into saying much.. There's going to be pro's and con's on this part of the update.
    Players, with deep pockets, and alliance with big spenders won't mind this feature, since is being paid monthly.
    In my mind, i don't think is a bad thing to have it, but like "Zenzer (GB1)" said in his post, this feature, and all of them will put alliances, players that doesn't spend money will just be leaving game, ruining alliances, and ofc extending the gap between ruby players and non-ruby players.
    This subscription type will grant bonuses for all alliance members , no matter if they are subscribers aswell or not! It can stack and level up when additional alliance members subscribe. The more subscriptions, the higher the bonuses!
    Alliances were outdated, honestly to say, with this "feature", i guess there is going to be a bit of change... but again, they should've made a better way to improve alliance bonuses for the members.
    Like the bonuses to be activated all the month, and the payment to be taken from the alliance founds (rubyes/coins/res.), and there to be a caped max. bonuses.

Just crap as always from gge, milking money from their 1% players that will to spend into the game. But i'll guess that 2019 won't be a happy year for gge, if they're making more changes/features like this.
    ] - asia 1 / top 1 player - 2.3m power - 13.06.2019

• So all in all, gge has made their own  empire bot (like the robo empire version) but with the a monthly subscription menu. 
    Basically... just a robo empire bot version made bydev's... instead you have to pay monthly for it.
    For 19,99$  a month
    So  instead of making a more easy way for players to sell their equipments from the inventory, they're making a paid monthly subsciption, good job lol..
    I mean if they're already thinking of "Temporary increased storage" and "Storage Capacity Booster", why not just making a "Temporary Space for Commanders"
    We are also planning to implement even more convenience features in our Subscription #2 (currently with Auto-Spy and Auto-Selling only). The following bonuses are already planned and will join this subscription:Food Storage Capacity Booster Temporary increased storage space Burning castle protection
    Now talking about the alliance bonuses... lets just think like this... gge is already planning on implementing these features, so no point into saying much.. There's going to be pro's and con's on this part of the update.
    Players, with deep pockets, and alliance with big spenders won't mind this feature, since is being paid monthly.
    In my mind, i don't think is a bad thing to have it, but like "Zenzer (GB1)" said in his post, this feature, and all of them will put alliances, players that doesn't spend money will just be leaving game, ruining alliances, and ofc extending the gap between ruby players and non-ruby players.
    This subscription type will grant bonuses for all alliance members , no matter if they are subscribers aswell or not! It can stack and level up when additional alliance members subscribe. The more subscriptions, the higher the bonuses!
    Alliances were outdated, honestly to say, with this "feature", i guess there is going to be a bit of change... but again, they should've made a better way to improve alliance bonuses for the members.
    Like the bonuses to be activated all the month, and the payment to be taken from the alliance founds (rubyes/coins/res.), and there to be a caped max. bonuses.

Just crap as always from gge, milking money from their 1% players that will to spend into the game. But i'll guess that 2019 won't be a happy year for gge, if they're making more changes/features like this.
    I totally agree with you, there are people who dont have the money to enjoy these offers, there are players who have spent years reaching the legendary level 800 and now anyone who has money can be more powerful and has more offers just because they has money
    With respect, this is not fair
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,600GB1
    edited 13.09.2018
    I would rather have the subscription offer these 'convenience' features, like the automatic selling of equipment, than substantive features like combat strength bonuses.

The problem is when the developers creates new community requested features just to put them behind a paywall. 
    In my opinion, those features should be available to everyone like they have in the past. They can add perks and bonuses to existing features, but restricting brand new features making them unaccessable to anyone who does not pay is wrong in my opinion. 

The developers have most likely not introduced any paid combat strenght bonuses in the past and the probability of them doing it in the future is low. Even the VIP mode that they introduced does not offer any combat strenght bonuses. I hope the developers are clever enough to not play with those things. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• I have 2 problems with this update off the top of my head.  The first one being the auto-selling equipment bot.  This simply should not be a pay to have feature.  The way equipment is sold currently really does take away from the game.  However, the rest of the features in subscription 1, 2, and the alliance subscription seem like payment should be involved.  HOWEVER, the payment should not include straight money, rather it should cost rubies.  This way it isn't impossible for people to obtain these features without credit cards, it can be obtained by saving loads of rubies.  While this would be impractical for non-buyers, at least it opens up options. (Also seems less greedy this way).
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 576
    edited 13.09.2018
    I win an internet cookie for predicting the first comment about the updates today (and all so far lol).

You have single package #1, which provides +10% food production, +100% tool production speed, increased unit healing speed (and quantity), and reduces max nomad/sam camp cooldown times to one hour, costing about 14 cents (European) per day. Each one of these changes are fairly substantial gameplay changes, and enough that they will actually make a difference to a player's performance and strength. The alliance boosts are less significant, but still noteworthy (particularly being able to skip construction time up to a total of 30 hours!).

For single package #2, essentially you're paying about half a Euro a day for an auto-kit seller feature, one of the more heavily requested quality of life features, but one that does nothing that saves a few clicks and should really be an integrated part of the game anyway. I consider it a giant missed opportunity to garner goodwill from the playerbase, and turn it into a rage-fest rather than a "took you long enough but thanks for finally implementing this". That said, at least for those who don't pay the experience isn't actually getting worse :tongue:

fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) Posts: 201GB1
    When GGS fixes, or at least attempts to, fix the numerous problems with the game I'll consider paying for some sort of subscription

So that'll be never then
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • When will the new PvP event start?
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 13.09.2018
    When will the new PvP event start?
    BM Fujiwara told me that this pvp event is currently tba (or in other words to be announced). It is also a temporary event as well. The subscriptions which I am assuming will come first is scheduled for September 20th. They are two separate things and are different. Here is a link that also goes to the thread with comments about the new pvp event.  https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/356943/discussion-thread-new-event-the-outer-realms#latest
    David Noble @ usa 1
    edited 13.09.2018
    A few questions I do have to ask though about the subscriptions. Is it possible to cancel out the subscription anytime if you decide you do not want to be subscribed anymore? Also assuming that the payments are going to be monthly does that mean even if you do not live in Germany you do not have to worry about needing to keep your bank account open? At least when I make "manual" payments because of me not living in Germany I have to temporarily open my bank account every time before I make a manual purchase. I am assuming that subscription payments based on paying automatic on a monthly basis are different than making payments manually, but just wondering. On a side note I also noticed as well the cheaper subscriptions that are more reasonable as well for only $5 or $10 per month instead of $20 per month which even players who spend little money on the game could benefit from.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,706AU1
    A few questions I do have to ask though about the subscriptions. Is it possible to cancel out the subscription anytime if you decide you do not want to be subscribed anymore? Also assuming that the payments are going to be monthly does that mean even if you do not live in Germany you do not have to worry about needing to keep your bank account open? At least when I make "manual" payments because of me not living in Germany I have to temporarily open my bank account every time before I make a manual purchase. I am assuming that subscription payments based on paying automatic on a monthly basis are different than making payments manually, but just wondering. On a side note I also noticed as well the cheaper subscriptions that are more reasonable as well for only $5 or $10 per month instead of $20 per month.
    the 10$ one you need 30 people buying it to get all the bonuses

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    edited 13.09.2018
    A few questions I do have to ask though about the subscriptions. Is it possible to cancel out the subscription anytime if you decide you do not want to be subscribed anymore? Also assuming that the payments are going to be monthly does that mean even if you do not live in Germany you do not have to worry about needing to keep your bank account open? At least when I make "manual" payments because of me not living in Germany I have to temporarily open my bank account every time before I make a manual purchase. I am assuming that subscription payments based on paying automatic on a monthly basis are different than making payments manually, but just wondering. On a side note I also noticed as well the cheaper subscriptions that are more reasonable as well for only $5 or $10 per month instead of $20 per month.
    the 10$ one you need 30 people buying it to get all the bonuses
    True; although, it is cheap and an alliance does not necessarily need the full amount of bonuses either from players who subscribe to the alliance and neither will alliances necessarily require that at least 30 people make the $10 subscriptions to the alliance. There are five types of players in the game. Those who play that have little interest in the game with low activity/quitting, the active non ruby buyers, cheap ruby buyers, average ruby buyers, and ruby whales. Out of all five of those categories three of them possibly could make the $10 subscriptions if they are willing. (I still have at least one unanswered question, but hoping someone will be able to answer it about making subscribed payments from outside of Germany.)
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,706AU1
    A few questions I do have to ask though about the subscriptions. Is it possible to cancel out the subscription anytime if you decide you do not want to be subscribed anymore? Also assuming that the payments are going to be monthly does that mean even if you do not live in Germany you do not have to worry about needing to keep your bank account open? At least when I make "manual" payments because of me not living in Germany I have to temporarily open my bank account every time before I make a manual purchase. I am assuming that subscription payments based on paying automatic on a monthly basis are different than making payments manually, but just wondering. On a side note I also noticed as well the cheaper subscriptions that are more reasonable as well for only $5 or $10 per month instead of $20 per month which even players who spend little money on the game could benefit from.
    You can cancel it anytime while it is running and then the current one will run out and it will not be refreshed I am not sure about the bank account as I do not encounter the issue due to me living in Germany

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • When will the new PvP event start?
    HA! Jokes on you! It's PVE now, not PVP! 
     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Warmarshal for Fluffy Unicorns~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I win an internet cookie for predicting the first comment about the updates today (and all so far lol).

You have single package #1, which provides +10% food production, +100% tool production speed, increased unit healing speed (and quantity), and reduces max nomad/sam camp cooldown times to one hour, costing about 14 cents (European) per day. Each one of these changes are fairly substantial gameplay changes, and enough that they will actually make a difference to a player's performance and strength. The alliance boosts are less significant, but still noteworthy (particularly being able to skip construction time up to a total of 30 hours!).

For single package #2, essentially you're paying about half a Euro a day for an auto-kit seller feature, one of the more heavily requested quality of life features, but one that does nothing that saves a few clicks and should really be an integrated part of the game anyway. I consider it a giant missed opportunity to garner goodwill from the playerbase, and turn it into a rage-fest rather than a "took you long enough but thanks for finally implementing this". That said, at least for those who don't pay the experience isn't actually getting worse :tongue:

I'm surprised GGE can't make it more p2w. Why  not have premium levels go up to 100, with a 10% food increase each level? That would be great! Think of all the money GGE will be making!
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Hidingfromyou (US1)Hidingfromyou (US1) Posts: 655US1
    edited 14.09.2018
    So all in all, gge has made their own  empire bot (like the robo empire version) but with the a monthly subscription menu. 
    For 19,99$  a month

Spot on, well said. This is the opposite of a good update. We all knew GGE was heavy into the p2w, but this update takes it to a whole new level. Subscriptions are supposed to exist to remove the pay to win element from the game, keeping things even for the players. But this is a tiered p2w system, so it's exactly the opposite of what subscriptions are for.

It's the nail in the coffin for my account. Not supporting this trash with my money or time.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 560AU1
    my initial impression as a high level non ruby player.. to at least keep up I would need sub1 and an alliance with 30 Alliance players. Initially I dont think Sub2 would be necessary but the later add ons will probably make it so.. 

If I decided its worth it I could come up with the $5 but no way am I coming up with the rest as that makes it very expensive for a game that is probably dying AND as I still wont be buying other stuff I'll still be at the mercy of ruby players. To compete in an event Id need to be in an alliance with 30 members paying the alliance fee. 

So most likely Ill not pay anything and if I cant survive at a good level I will leave the game...

the only plus I see is that people are reluctant to merge alliances and this may help..
    Shares @ au 1
  • STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) Posts: 204GB1
    edited 14.09.2018
    I think thats a new one actually, you finally provide a feature we want (equipment management improvements) but we have to commit to pay actual money each month. Not rubies. Actual money.

This is like the Titanic is sinking and you're selling us premium deckchairs.

Its actually pretty impressive how little you seem to care about features your customers actually want, yet are still in business. 

STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • good update for a whale :)
    Bubstar12 @ au 1
Sign In to comment.