Going, going, gone

Hello everyone, today I would like to announce that I'll be quitting the game, and with it the forums. This has been a long time coming, and I deem it time to take the final step out the door. It's been a pleasure playing with some of you, and I will not forget those of you soon. But remember, while today it is me, we all shall fall.

Friedrich IV US1
The Prodigal Scrub Returns

Comments

• Goodbye Mr BunnyMom :)

My yt  video about my empire account :)

Playing on Asia 1 server - Rank 3/4. - Power 1.6M - 24/10/2018 - Alliance - Русь Великая 

• JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 656
    Aw, geez.
    Farewell Friedrich the Fourth.
    May the sun be warm upon your face, and the wind behind your back.

Best wishes,
    JYT
    Discord: JYT#1574
    If you want a response to something I said in a thread, @me or else don't expect one
    Sorry for being toxic sometimes lol @forums in general
    #TheFarmTeam
  • WOW you were the most straight talking mod of all , sadly missed

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 276
    Our loss,

fair well with all your free time & thank you.
  • Hello everyone, today I would like to announce that I'll be quitting the game, and with it the forums. This has been a long time coming, and I deem it time to take the final step out the door. It's been a pleasure playing with some of you, and I will not forget those of you soon. But remember, while today it is me, we all shall fall.

Why the forums tho???
    :(

Luv ya fried and honestly prolly smarter to get out before the collapse of GGE 
    Quit GGE to become a full time forum warrior
  • Hello everyone, today I would like to announce that I'll be quitting the game, and with it the forums. This has been a long time coming, and I deem it time to take the final step out the door. It's been a pleasure playing with some of you, and I will not forget those of you soon. But remember, while today it is me, we all shall fall.

RIP to the best mod....
  • Thanks for your work and straight words.  :)
    kajacro @ en 1
  • Splash another straight shooting moderator.

My theory is it's kind of like a moth getting to close to the fire.  Only in this case it's frustration/the realization of the futility of it all.......
  • Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,433
    edited 14.09.2018
    Thanks for the kind words, but I do want to address one point.

I didn't quit because of the forums, I quit because of the game. I've been playing it for 7 years, for the last 4 I felt it was heading towards the can, and for the last 2 I haven't even had fun playing it. The new announcements aside, I just feel the game has become too complicated and demands too much activity.

I'll be returning to single player games like Warband, and I've been trying to get a Runescape membership again so I can play Old School (Jagex support sucks but at least I got a response within half hour lol), basically games that do not demand nearly as much of my time, and when I log out, I log out until I've logged back in.

I'll still be in discord and I intend to keep my forums account (though no longer a moderator, as you can already see) so I can pop in every once in awhile when those of you I'm still in contact with show me a particularly interesting thread. And as mentioned above, I'll be playing other games, though I'm not nearly as good at the multiplayer ones maybe I'll come across some of you in the future.

Pretty sure I'll have to get renamed though. @Zoe

EDIT: tbh an OSGGE would be pretty dank
    Friedrich IV US1
  • ZoeZoe Posts: 15,422Moderator
    BM Friedrich napsal(a):
    Thanks for the kind words, but I do want to address one point.

I didn't quit because of the forums, I quit because of the game. I've been playing it for 7 years, for the last 4 I felt it was heading towards the can, and for the last 2 I haven't even had fun playing it. The new announcements aside, I just feel the game has become too complicated and demands too much activity.

I'll be returning to single player games like Warband, and I've been trying to get a Runescape membership again so I can play Old School (Jagex support sucks but at least I got a response within half hour lol), basically games that do not demand nearly as much of my time, and when I log out, I log out until I've logged back in.

I'll still be in discord and I intend to keep my forums account (though no longer a moderator, as you can already see) so I can pop in every once in awhile when those of you I'm still in contact with show me a particularly interesting thread. And as mentioned above, I'll be playing other games, though I'm not nearly as good at the multiplayer ones maybe I'll come across some of you in the future.

Pretty sure I'll have to get renamed though. @Zoe

EDIT: tbh an OSGGE would be pretty dank
    Whyyyy am I meantioned there? :o

But when I'm here... It's sad to lose another good mod-colleague in this short time and you'll be deffinitelly missed - I hope that your choices lead you in the correct direction :)

______
    Since I have nothing much on topic to say... let's go OT a bit :sweat_smile: 
    With mentioning that @BM Friedrich will "pop in every once in awhile", he'll also help us to choose winners in the Hoist of the colors event which he started! :D (however if you have any event-connected questions, feel free to PM/"@" me)
  • Friedrich said:

I'll still be in discord and I intend to keep my forums account (though no longer a moderator, as you can already 
    Whats your discord?

• Friedrich said:

I'll still be in discord and I intend to keep my forums account (though no longer a moderator, as you can already 
    Whats your discord?

https://discord.gg/J5sGJ7

Friedrich IV US1
  • Friedrich said:
    Friedrich said:

Whats your discord?

https://discord.gg/J5sGJ7

Oh god, no....
    Quit GGE to become a full time forum warrior
  • Well, this blows. Oh well and this shall come to pass as all things do. You will be missed, Fred... 
    Current Member of The Un~Forgiven (Self Appointed Propagandist)
    Former Proud Member of HITMEN(formerly know as Grumpy Hitmen)
    Former Proud Member of The Ninja Pack, Rastafarians, Rustlin' Jimmies, KingdonOfDeath and Strike Force
    Proud former Recruiter for The Ninja Pack - Crimson Warriors
    And, a very brief Period Of Time in Neph Reapers(Please don't tell The MISC)

https://prnt.sc/immx03
    Making a run for first and your...
    https://prnt.sc/imuxgc
    Then You...
    https://prnt.sc/imupnu
    FML

HIVE Club leader and Creator
    http://prntscr.com/fz0jgz
    http://prntscr.com/fyowm1

GGE Courting Methods
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/358319/bullies#latest
    Well at least. She Posted on my wall.

I am also a self-appointed GGE historian. Back in the day, I was in the Original "Honey Badgers". Until it became part of the fellowship. And, my character fell into ashes over a long hospital stay. And, the use of "xXx" at the beginning and end of the of your name was removed along with my Character. I've been here from the Start B***hes.

• Fall is coming...

I first saw this thread before the latest update announcements and I thought... Noooo! Not Friedrich! Why?!

Then I saw the update announcements and immediately it all made sense again... :(
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • And just like Dwight, it seems I have returned to perpetually annoy you all once again.

This doesn't mean I'll go back to moderating though. I'm just playing a little bit in-game again.

Figured I'd make a public post so y'all can stop assuming I sold my account lol
    Friedrich IV US1
  • And just like Dwight, it seems I have returned to perpetually annoy you all once again.

This doesn't mean I'll go back to moderating though. I'm just playing a little bit in-game again.

welcome back

Congrats bro you made it like 4 months, better than I could do lol.
    MUFU Member

Congrats bro you made it like 4 months, better than I could do lol.
    bwahaha yeah, it didn't last as long as I was hoping it would.

in truth, I think it was the nerves right before jury duty starting, trial got cancelled late afternoon the day before but I logged in earlier in the afternoon that day. Went in with the thought I was going to just hit some rbcs and ended up like this.. lol
    Friedrich IV US1
  • #unbankozmo2019 

Sign In to comment.