We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Wheel of Fortune Why 30 lots per turn??

2»

Comments

• "This 500 stone for 60 tickets is such a good deal. Thanks GGE!" -Said the nonexistent player 
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    There have been a large number of threads on this already. The increase is because it was felt that too much was being given out for too low a cost, and that it was materially affecting the in game economy. Personally, I completely agree that the current value seems to be far too low (although that may be because I previously found the wheel a great ruby/VIP time booster), and I've gone from saving enough tickets to hit level 6 and running it whenever I liked the level 6 reward, to simply ignoring it completely.

However ........

The best way to give feedback isn't to whine on the forums. It's to not spin the wheel and not buy the tickets. Remember, the goal of a F2P games company is to have things enticing enough to spend money on. If the playerbase start completely ignoring something because they don't think it constitutes value for money, they'll either remove it, or rebalance it.

If people bought tickets but complained really loudly in the forums, it would stay exactly as it is -- feedback on a feature is almost always going to be completely taken from actions taken in game.

Not that forum feedback isn't useful, but like the 7th thread on exactly the same thing starts to enter the "no-one's reading this any more" box. Something fresh like a thread titled "Rewards that would warrant 30 tickets per spin" with a breakdown as to what the new wheel should have as rewards (and not simply "the old stuff x 10" -- things like event booster items, kingdom resources, feathers etc are probably overdue a look) would be something that could be usefully fed back.

fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• GGS felt like they need more money, so they increased the tickets for a spin, and left same prizes on the WoF.
    It's a good deal for all, players get 1k wood for 300 tickets, ggs get's 150 euros in exchange.
    boiiiiiiii ce faci boiiiiiiiiiiiii
    AlexandruGame99 @ ro 1

• The face of a man who still just spins for VIP time... Not surprised at all that GGE did this to promote the purchase of VIP time. Wishing he wouldn't have taken a 3-month break with 3 months of VIP time left. 

Current Member of The Un~Forgiven (Self Appointed Propagandist)
    Former Proud Member of HITMEN(formerly know as Grumpy Hitmen)
    Former Proud Member of The Ninja Pack, Rastafarians, Rustlin' Jimmies, KingdonOfDeath and Strike Force
    Proud former Recruiter for The Ninja Pack - Crimson Warriors
    And, a very brief Period Of Time in Neph Reapers(Please don't tell The MISC)

https://prnt.sc/immx03
    Making a run for first and your...
    https://prnt.sc/imuxgc
    Then You...
    https://prnt.sc/imupnu
    FML

HIVE Club leader and Creator
    http://prntscr.com/fz0jgz
    http://prntscr.com/fyowm1

GGE Courting Methods
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/358319/bullies#latest
    Well at least. She Posted on my wall.

I am also a self-appointed GGE historian. Back in the day, I was in the Original "Honey Badgers". Until it became part of the fellowship. And, my character fell into ashes over a long hospital stay. And, the use of "xXx" at the beginning and end of the of your name was removed along with my Character. I've been here from the Start B***hes.

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 692NL1
    Wheel of Fortune always used to be 3 lots per turn and now 30 lots per turn..why is that?
    It will discourage Wheel of Fortune players and most of them will stop.

Birdie1550
    something about money? :P:P:P:P like foreign etc 1o million glory. only reacht by rubieplayers and player who have 25/7 time to play :)  
    and then the rewards of foreign.  i'm not gonna hit many for a 10 deco :):):) so no top 50 for me anymore :) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm should think otherwise , safes me money :) 

nice balance
    flug @ nl 1
  • Wheel of Fortune always used to be 3 lots per turn and now 30 lots per turn..why is that?
    It will discourage Wheel of Fortune players and most of them will stop.

Birdie1550
    something about money? :P:P:P:P like foreign etc 1o million glory. only reacht by rubieplayers and player who have 25/7 time to play :)  
    and then the rewards of foreign.  i'm not gonna hit many for a 10 deco :):):) so no top 50 for me anymore :) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm should think otherwise , safes me money :) 

nice balance
    Same here, bought my last rubies in the end of april. It saved me at least 500 euro... :-) 
  • one more thing that just makes the game difficult for a non ruby player... nothing else..okay I would have appreciated it if they would have given us extra tickets than what we usually get....
    A Level 70+ player in indian server....
    And i am soon going to become one of the best in the server.....#soon.....
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 692NL1
    my believe was that that was the meaning of that update.
    but their only easier to buy  i think :):):)
    flug @ nl 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 11.09.2018
    I think that is the point. GGS replaced an outdated commander and cast with one that is much more useful now than the previous commanders and cast, but I think that they do not want players to get the full set without spending money on the game and especially for a commander that is good for both Castle Lords in BC and Foreign Invasions that can have up to 115% or 120% glory bonus total and especially for also NPC as well with extra tablets and tokens to add on top of that that very few other commanders provide those types of bonuses for. (You can get a 120% glory bonus from a legendary level 1 full set for the fusion level, but 115% for levels 5 and 9.)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I got almost the full set now for the fusion level 5 commander and the massive 70% and 75% discount tickets are nice including for getting the 6k tickets each which if you combine that with spending rubies to level up the spinning wheel up to six you could possibly get up to seven pieces out of the set at maximum on "normal mode" for that level that do not require you buy from the equipment trader, but still I do not think that the wheel of fortune is really meant to benefit a non ruby buyer. I got six out of nine pieces of the set after spending $100 only once in a month pretty much and spending a large part of it on ticket discounts to get a little over 15k tickets total and also leveling up the spinning wheel to six so that way I can more easily get the full set. The other three pieces left (which I was unlucky with not getting the hero from the spinning wheel) I plan on getting from the equipment trader. (Now it is possible that you could spend less than $100 in a month to get the full set, but it also may take longer that way to get the full as well.)
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • sjc (IN1)sjc (IN1) Posts: 160IN1
    Let's just be real 

1) They want to revalue the prime time that is the most useful benefit from the wheel. Since people are getting from wheel a lot, I rarely see anyone buying it, so they want to cut off its source to non-ruby players.

2) The tools and so from the pro, normal mode u get a decent number of them, they want to decrease its pool so that the offers of tools have some meaning, even though they do not.

3) The occasional rubies that u get from the spinning wheel, it's a lot when u are going for the win or for top 10. They are basically cutting off rubies sources as they previously did. 

NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT OLD WHEEL SETS 

From our regional proverb, For one stone u get 3 birds instead of two. 

It`s, as usual, gge being sneaky. Personally, I do not care about the 115 or 120 glory bonus which gives a 2to 3L difference on an 8k target I never see. As for other token effects or so, it's nice to have all in one, but it is not so important to have it as u can get it other places.
    sjc @ in 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 11.09.2018
    sjc (IN1) said:
    Let's just be real 

1) They want to revalue the prime time that is the most useful benefit from the wheel. Since people are getting from wheel a lot, I rarely see anyone buying it, so they want to cut off its source to non-ruby players.

2) The tools and so from the pro, normal mode u get a decent number of them, they want to decrease its pool so that the offers of tools have some meaning, even though they do not.

3) The occasional rubies that u get from the spinning wheel, it's a lot when u are going for the win or for top 10. They are basically cutting off rubies sources as they previously did. 

NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT OLD WHEEL SETS 

From our regional proverb, For one stone u get 3 birds instead of two. 

It`s, as usual, gge being sneaky. Personally, I do not care about the 115 or 120 glory bonus which gives a 2to 3L difference on an 8k target I never see. As for other token effects or so, it's nice to have all in one, but it is not so important to have it as u can get it other places.
    The debate over the new commander though from the spinning wheel is subjective and based on opinions. Non ruby buyers perhaps could care less about the new commander or even the old sets despite being outdated, but care more about the things that you mentioned. While ruby buyers like me may want the full set commander and also have plenty of tools already that ruby buyers don't really need extra from the spinning wheel besides maybe the melee tools for defending and can also continue to buy for more rubies if they are loyal spenders. The only major downsides even for some ruby buyers are maybe making it harder to get VIP points if they do not have level 10 yet for VIP time, less VIP time rewarded from the spinning wheel, and less rubies from the spinning wheel all because of the sharp increase for the cost of tickets per spin; although, at least the rubies anyway can also be more easily replenished by continuing to spend money on the game despite getting less from the spinning wheel. Some people may spend money on other games besides Goodgame Empire, but just making my point.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.