Home Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Tool Raking on level 70's

Just want to put it to you guys a change in attacks. Basically tool raking from guys that start another account, get to level 10 then start sending 32 attackers to level 70's taking out their ruby tools etc. It's a real pain in this game that a level 10 can hit a level 70. These petty dudes get hit  in wars etc but instead of taking it they resort to this childish immature way of getting back at players. I think there should be a minimum level that can attack a level 70. Maybe level 50 and above. This should stop all these nonsense attacks. What you guys think?
Johnny40 @ au 1

Comments

• KRUSHA (AU1)KRUSHA (AU1) AU1 Posts: 74

Excellent idea Johnny. One of the best Ive heard in ages.

Fingers crossed GGE have the balls to implement it.

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,840
    can only wish, it should have been sorted years ago, but i guess it suits gge to have peoples tools being raked, ie rubies being stolen, even though predominantly its being done by multi accounters, ie people breaking the rules to do it.

Even though the only real way to counter it is to ensure you are online 24/7 which again means breaking more rules by multi accouning (pw sharing)

once upon a time I would have been surprised that GGE would allow something that so brazenly promoted breaking the rules (cheating).  But they have shown time and time again they dont really care that those that break the rules gain significant advantages over those that dont.  There are now endless examples of this, and endless times gge have done nothing.

Its a pretty simple fix, one that would take up hardly any effort or time on GGE's part.  But one they are very unlikley to do becasue they dont care, and I am sure that they think that of tools get taken people will buy more, so more $$$$$.

So blinded by $$$$  they dont see that its exactly this kind of crap that causes people to say this is stupid i am sick of it I am off. 

Philt123 @ en 1
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 873
    I mean, level 70s can tool rake too.
    There's no way to avoid tool raking; it's a valid strategy so long as you aren't breaking the ToC doing it.
    Discord: JYT#1574
    Thats a very very very big if tho, given that i would estimate 99% of the times I have been tool cleaned in my 6 odd years in the game, and I have been tool cleaned a fair bit has been from accounts breaking TOS,  shells popping up with the sole intent of tool cleaning.   Lol they aint even subtle names like tool knocker, in a shell alliance called knockers.  Cleaner.  etc etc.

Yes I would tend to agree with you in that i can be used as a real stratergy, the problem with it as a stratergy is that people can do it right back at you, and genraly people dont like to be tool cleaned so they hide behind a shell account so it doesnt get done back to them.  The problem is it doesnt matter how strong you are you can get tool cleaned by an account of any strength.

And the only real way to defend against it is to make sure you are online 24/7 and as we know the only way to do that is to again further break TOS.

maybe on the US server its done from real account to real account, but i assure you on the UK server well over 99% of the tool cleaning is done by players who are breaking the TOS. 

Its like clockwork as soon as war breaks out all the shells come alive and it starts.  Every single time.  Which is no real surprise as shells outnumber real players at this point, 

So yeah I totally agree with you, if GGE get rid of the shells, entirley and ensure no TOS are being broken, then sure maybe tool cleaning has its place in the game. 

Philt123 @ en 1
  • zaxx (US1)zaxx (US1) Posts: 106
    It could be fixed , we know  it and gge knows it  and gge knows we know  . They could make it physically impossible to attack some one 10 levels out of your level ,  And the only reason they dont , is because gges whole economy is based on chaos ,  The more chaos they permit , the more coin they reap in  plain an simple  .   If they did make an Iron clad 10 level system ,alot of the shells would dry up  but so would a fair chunk of the coin they collect .   In all my years of playing of online gaming this is  by far the worst game for blatant  theft by merchant . Tos is just rhetoric always has been and always will be . 
  • would rather they fix the rampant multi accounting and keysharing than tool cleaning but sadly I think neither is a realistic option
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 576
    would rather they fix the rampant multi accounting and keysharing than tool cleaning but sadly I think neither is a realistic option
    yes//see eevo4 alliance Black Market on Aus1..no real attempt to hide multi status
    Shares @ au 1
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    JYT (US1) said:
    I mean, level 70s can tool rake too.
    There's no way to avoid tool raking; it's a valid strategy so long as you aren't breaking the ToC doing it.
    Sure, but then you have someone you can decide what consequences you're going to send his way. You can't do that with the three brand new level 10 accounts started a few hours ago called "OmNomNom", "NoFireMoats" and "ByeTools"
    would rather they fix the rampant multi accounting and keysharing than tool cleaning but sadly I think neither is a realistic option
    100% agree
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,134
    Sadly this is a game where we get the best of humanity and also the worse . tool raking is fun to some players and the whole existence is to cause misery to the opposite alliance , to win at all cost . if you are rich you will try your best to break the alliance your at war with . you will make multi accounts near towers purely to burn tools before the main assault.

There is much more to this game than just tool raking . there is a nastiness and a vile message sending . but as long as GGE does nothing about all of this nothing will change , there bottom line is keeping there business afloat , and well you can guess the rest , tool raking makes GGE money.

So the multi counting is a money maker and bugs are not on there priority list , the only thing they are interested in is LTPE
    it is the main income , same old same old why come up with some new they tried with Shapeshifter and now Fusion but they had failure to fly. What they really need is a long term Event ie over 1 year one that you can buy your way there , but through hard work like 10k tower hits  , 2000 nomad hits  5000 resource island captured  and so on nothing that you can get with money , and then get a terrific award . Something like the Ivory Quest but not just to buy it 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
    i agree mate, its an issue, they know its an issue, its been an issue for years, but they not interest in addressing the issue. only thing that will kick them into action,  is when people stop spending on the game.

thats the only thing they will listen to, as its the only thing they are interested in.  sooner or later the game will be run by shells, only players left runnign multiple accounts / shared accounts.   they will be the only players left spending, all the real accounts long since driven from the game.  or reduced to playing ruby free.  

and honestly at least on uk server its not a million miles from being there already.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Just want to put it to you guys a change in attacks. Basically tool raking from guys that start another account, get to level 10 then start sending 32 attackers to level 70's taking out their ruby tools etc. It's a real pain in this game that a level 10 can hit a level 70. These petty dudes get hit  in wars etc but instead of taking it they resort to this childish immature way of getting back at players. I think there should be a minimum level that can attack a level 70. Maybe level 50 and above. This should stop all these nonsense attacks. What you guys think?
    Maybe an idea to change the tools just before the attack hits? Standard i use the rubbish tools and maybe change them to ruby tools when necessary. Posting a comment like this make no sense, nobody's home or listening at GGS and changing tools is faster to do then posting a comment on the forum. 
  • Lady Nym (US1)Lady Nym (US1) US1 Posts: 398
    Just want to put it to you guys a change in attacks. Basically tool raking from guys that start another account, get to level 10 then start sending 32 attackers to level 70's taking out their ruby tools etc. It's a real pain in this game that a level 10 can hit a level 70. These petty dudes get hit  in wars etc but instead of taking it they resort to this childish immature way of getting back at players. I think there should be a minimum level that can attack a level 70. Maybe level 50 and above. This should stop all these nonsense attacks. What you guys think?
    Maybe an idea to change the tools just before the attack hits? Standard i use the rubbish tools and maybe change them to ruby tools when necessary. Posting a comment like this make no sense, nobody's home or listening at GGS and changing tools is faster to do then posting a comment on the forum. 
    So you are online 24/7 to change tools when some newbie/multi hits you? Do you sleep/work/live?
  • Johnny40 (AU1)Johnny40 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 45
    Agree with Lady Nym, some people work with no access to a computer 24/7. It's such a simple fix, maybe the gge staff are simple lol
    Johnny40 @ au 1
    there is only two ways a player can in essance be on 24/7 one involves giving your password over to multiple players so that they can all share the load of protecting your account.  effectivly breaking the rules of the game in the process.

OR

You have to give your phone number to other people so they can notify you if you are getting hit.  But even then if its a shell thats landed right next to you castle.  By the time your mate has found his phone, found your number, called it, you have woken up (assuming its the middle of the night) taken the call, found your laptop, logged in.  Chances are your tools have already been stripped.

Imagine this happening over and over and over again all through the night every night, when u at work, when u at home having a bit of family time.  And you quickly realise there is only one way to ensure your account is protected 24/7. 

And are we really at the point in the game we are advocating cheating / rule breaking?   As the way forward?

I know GGE in so many different areas are in essance pushing us to cheat.  Through its total and utter lack of action.
    Philt123 @ en 1
    I have been playing over 6 years and all of the above happens key sharing skype and many more , the main point is it is a 24 hour game and different times zones round the world .and you hope you have like a night shift whilst your sleeping.

You can set a default setting for defence ps no wood tools , but on my server most players know who is who on most wars
    so without a safety net , i think most would have left game long time ago , why would you want to wake up with burning castles every day your defence destroyed.

So we all started to have fire cast which was okay for a while. but the Hall came along and your were able to set your hall to burn and destroy buildings, al fair in love and war.

But i come back to key sharing without it the game will die in weeks , Ruby Whales will feel the pinch first watching hundred of Dollars Pounds Euro  Wipe out every night . and then you have your mass attacks not so easy to change tools so quick in with the mass tool raking.so i do not think there is an easy way , unless GGE lets you shut down your castle every 16 hours a day leaving an 8 hour period you castle is in game mode , but that is just a dream .

the biggest problem and only i see is multi playing.
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 576

the biggest problem and only i see is multi playing.
    wrong! ..password sharing ranks right up there with multis/shells..its a clear abuse of TOS which adversely effects game play..think about it..who does it advantage, not he smaller alliances or the non ruby non multi players..sure they may get hit overnight and get the odd fires. so what they are only pixels and you can rebuild fairly quickly [plus most servers dont hit burning castles] the player that do mass burn are from the big alliances and/or multi runners.. and why do they do it? because they can, with password sharing try hitting them back and no matter what time of the day or night you are meet with 30k plus defence....
    Shares @ au 1
    I Agree Shares.

You cant cherry pick what bit of cheating is really cheating, it either is or it isnt, and the rules are clear.  Its cheating.

Unfortunatly no one at gge cares so the point is moot, so fill ya boots play as many accounts as you want nothing is going to happen.

Of course GGE will say report and we will ban, but when the same old players are playing the same old accounts for the last 6+ years despite hundreds of reports.   You realise that they are never going to get more than a 6 hr ban.   And that GGE really are full of it and really dont care enough to act.

Philt123 @ en 1
    You both maybe right , but hell will freeze over if it was stopped many will denied it but i guess 99%  players on most servers do . sometime it is a thing that if you do not, your left in the cold . ie no one will send you defence , and if you forget to send to safe house your complete are will be lost and to boot it will cost you 70k rubies, 

Also i am pretty sure when you went into bird , it was never designed for you to hide your soldiers there, and maybe one day will stop that happening , and if that happen the game would end instantly, because why would you buy soldiers in a game only to find they are dead in the morning.

This game has evolved from the first way it was started just a pvp game, and i can see one day it will change into an event game.

Capitals Metros are pass down to players as if it is a right and it stays in that alliance for ever as most top alliances never change . new players have no chance to get RV , even if the player is in ruins they are pass down to other members and if they are in ruins who is controlling that account.

And the biggest piss off  about this game , is when a player in one country can buy 5 times the amount of rubies as you can ,for the same amount of rubies. Giving them an instant advantage over you .

So all in all we grab what we can when we can.

GGE need to rethink there T&C because now it is totally outdated as the game has changed
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Pooh Bear (AU1)Pooh Bear (AU1) AU1 Posts: 45
    im level 26 vs level 70s. Should I tool rake? Will it affect them at all?
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,731
    im level 26 vs level 70s. Should I tool rake? Will it affect them at all?
    It may make them even more mad.  AND give them even more justification to burn you.  If they are online, they will just pull down the ruby tools and put up the trash ones...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Sign In to comment.