Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: August update #3

Hey everyone,

You can discuss everything in the upcoming update in this thread here - looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the new set, etc.

Cheers,

Your Empire community team!
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• ciscous (IT1)ciscous (IT1) IT1 Posts: 3,965
    edited 20.08.2018
    The longterm point event in September will run from the 10th of September - 5th of October. 
    There will be the comeback of an old set, which got slightly reworked. This set will be the "Fortunes of the desert sand" and it will be available in the reward steps of this coming longterm point event. 
    I made this question some days ago in the august 1 thread, no reply, so I copy here:

I wanted to ask since the set was slightly modified will change what we already have or will remain different the 2 sets?
    the only interesting thing about the new values is this: -30% cooldown time against PNG targets
    this feature is only for robber baron or even for nomads/samurai?

If the old set remains as it is and keeps the same name as it costed to GGS change at least the name or put different colors to the set as done on other sets? Also because the graphics "waste time" to make the graphics of the offers with cakes or whatever else or the useless look at the level of bonuses but can be purchased at ruby then at least a minimum of commitment to differentiate the sets we have to avoid confusion.

• blackflames (US1)blackflames (US1) US1 Posts: 169
    ~~ We're particularly interested in your reactions and feelings towards the "new" Fortunes of the Desert Sands set and how it plays alongside existing ones of the old set. ~~

Stats are terrible in comparison to the original one. could you guys have at least renamed it or put a - II - after. quite lazy imo. Rest of the update is meh for me, its a small update, not sure why all 3 were not bundled together and released but either way works i guess.

Also the announcement thread to discussion embed link takes you to the top of the update rather than here.
    blackflames @ usa 1
  • msantos29 (GB1)msantos29 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 81
    Not sure its a good idea to have this new set with the exact same name as the old set, as the bonuses are different....  may lead to a lot of confusion...

noticed this new set has only 35CY - not a lot, is it?

also noticed it has -30% cooldown for NPCs..  not sure if this applies to Nomad and Sams huts.. If it does, those huts have 90 minutes cooldown but if hit with this comm, they'll have 90 x 0.70 = 63 minutes cooldown..

63 minutes....   nice number..... this way i can click the 1 hour skip one time and the 1 minute skip 3 times...   :(

could make it 35% cooldown reduction - why not ask the developers to consider this?
  • marc58 (GB1)marc58 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 836
    Hide your Troops another update...….No im not Bitter that you stole my vet horrors and replaced with cheaper troops...well maybe a tad
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,021
    Not sure its a good idea to have this new set with the exact same name as the old set, as the bonuses are different....  may lead to a lot of confusion...

noticed this new set has only 35CY - not a lot, is it?

also noticed it has -30% cooldown for NPCs..  not sure if this applies to Nomad and Sams huts.. If it does, those huts have 90 minutes cooldown but if hit with this comm, they'll have 90 x 0.70 = 63 minutes cooldown..

63 minutes....   nice number..... this way i can click the 1 hour skip one time and the 1 minute skip 3 times...   :(

could make it 35% cooldown reduction - why not ask the developers to consider this?
    it is only for towers so you got 126 minuites aka 2 hours and 6 minuites which sucks just as well 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
    it is only for towers so you got 126 minuites aka 2 hours and 6 minuites which sucks just as well 

I hope its not for towers only - that would be a very bad scenario.

that was the case of the Nutcracker comm, and in that case the text mentions "kingdom NPC targets"

But you may be right and in that case the comm is even more useless (to me) - hope its of any use to other players...

Apocaliptic scenario would be the old fortunes of the desert sands comms assume the specs of this new one.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,021

that was the case of the Nutcracker comm, and in that case the text mentions "kingdom NPC targets"

But you may be right and in that case the comm is even more useless (to me) - hope its of any use to other players...

Apocaliptic scenario would be the old fortunes of the desert sands comms assume the specs of this new one.
    they already corrected themselves to only towers in other forums just the english sleeping 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • EdMohrmann (US1)EdMohrmann (US1) US1 Posts: 126

My reaction to the 'new' stuff (Including the rip of HP Lovecraft) - meh...

EdMohrmann @ usa 1
    Hey everyone,

You can discuss everything in the upcoming update in this thread here - looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the new set, etc.

Cheers,

Pls confirm that the old "Fortunes of the desert sand" will remain untouched
  • GlennXPro (NL1)GlennXPro (NL1) NL1 Posts: 39
    Hey everyone,

Cheers,

The old set would stay untouched i guess.. We would be very stupid to change that set now.. after a year. 

And the -30% cooldown is not for nomads and sam.. 
    "7 items: -30% attack cooldown against NPC targets (excluding samurai and nomad/Khan camps)"

Glenn
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    Hey everyone,

Cheers,

Yes, the old set is not being changed
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• ciscous (IT1)ciscous (IT1) IT1 Posts: 3,965
    Yes, the old set is not being changed
    But WHY it holds the old name and the old graphics???
    what did it cost to change a name and graphics (or only colors)?

• sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316
    edited 21.08.2018

they already corrected themselves to only towers in other forums just the english sleeping 
    so they already made this same mistake,with another comm, and got a lot of negative feedback about it and now months later, same mistake.
    this is unbelievable!!

I just found gif about ggs making their decisions with empire

• Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 576
    "thumbs up signalled killing the gladiator while "a closed fist with a wraparound thumb" meant sparing him."
    Shares @ au 1
  • Just stop this stupid update.We don't need this lame things coming up over again and again.
  • kashi (US1)kashi (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    edited 23.08.2018
    This seems to be the values of the new Desert Sourceress Com from August 3 Update:

http://prntscr.com/kluov2

(it has the equipment pieces at different tech steps, added to that the gems, boni for all 9 pieces, and additionally the hero. Since ranged and melee have a cap of 90 for equipment + gems + boni I have applied that.)

This is completely different from the original com (teched to just 12):

http://prntscr.com/klup9w

Please give the com a different name. Right now all equippment pieces and gems and the hero have both the same picture as well as the exact same name.

Once we accumulate the pieces for the new commander we will have a very difficult time differentiating it from the old com. And since the new com pieces are junk it's extremely important to be able to tell them apart from the original com. Or there will be the danger of accidentally selling the old com pieces rather than the new junk com pieces.
Sign In to comment.