We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

.Help me destroy the "DNA" ? ( Indian server)

I dunno how many of you out there are actually gonna see this, but I have to try :P 
So, as many of you vaguely familiar with the Indian server may know, we've got all these rules which take the war outta a war game.
This has ultimately lead to a mono- ( and sometimes di-) alliance dominion over the whole server.DNA  is basically a set of rules which prevents attacking literally anyone worthy of being attacked.
I was thinking that if we could get some people over from other servers, we could do actually do something that makes a change.
Recruiting from the server itself is very hard since there are like a LOT of multi accounts combined with the urge of people to join "wings" of these all-powerful alliances i talked about :D 

If we could actually get some decent people behind this, i really believe we could bring about a change
And if you think you could chip in, please do leave a comment here

Regards,
Illusion

Please create an alternate version of the game where you can't buy shit.

Comments

• buy me executioner and I'm in.
  • i will help you for a bag of chips.

• With you unconditionally
    :wink:
    Level 70                                                              
    Last time bought rubies: Around 2000 BC/BCE
    Took a sabbatical from the forum to improve my game.

100k MP at level 40
    200k MP at level 60
  • the reason is simple...............if the indian server remove  dna rules then its guys like you who will run into some allies that are neutral to war because you yourself dont like to see your castle burning...............and if you guys serioulsy are against dna then your free to go and play in an other server.............and the point is if dna is removed the ruby wales would really be a burden for you and all the non ruby players....and the normal players wont be able to play...its that simple...
    A Level 70+ player in indian server....
    And i am soon going to become one of the best in the server.....#soon.....
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    Yet strangely, not having massive DNAs everywhere works just fine on all the other servers?
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• there is really no problem with dna
  • Be a pretty jerk move if USA1 decided to spread a little freedom over there, a real jerk move.
  • usa server???huh well huge server  I gu
  • I dunno how many of you out there are actually gonna see this, but I have to try :P 
    So, as many of you vaguely familiar with the Indian server may know, we've got all these rules which take the war outta a war game.
    This has ultimately lead to a mono- ( and sometimes di-) alliance dominion over the whole server.DNA  is basically a set of rules which prevents attacking literally anyone worthy of being attacked.
    I was thinking that if we could get some people over from other servers, we could do actually do something that makes a change.
    Recruiting from the server itself is very hard since there are like a LOT of multi accounts combined with the urge of people to join "wings" of these all-powerful alliances i talked about :D 

If we could actually get some decent people behind this, i really believe we could bring about a change

Regards,
    Illusion
     Would you like to join my alliance? We are not against DNA and not supporting to DNA
  • i58 (INT2)i58 (INT2) Posts: 330

I dunno how many of you out there are actually gonna see this, but I have to try :P 

Regards,
    Illusion
    Most servers have DNA and a strict one at that. And there are reasons for that. I don't know what DNA stands for-over in int 2 we call it global regulations-but I am certain that things actually work out due to them. If people were allowed to roam around and engage in pvp all the time the server would be a mess. It would be as if we freerly allowed trolls to exist. Personally I think that global rules for all the servers that have them at a REASONABLE level, are an improvement not a drawback. If no global rules existed then people would not hold back at stealing and freeing rvs, attacks on ops would be frequent as well as attacks on players of much smaller levels and burning castles. By nature a human is violent no matter if he is in a game or in real life. That's why we make rules to be able to contain ourselves and prevent chaos. That is not to say everyone is like this but for the majority this stands true and I wouldn't exclude myself as well. Of course such rules shouldn't be unreasonable but at such a level that they give everyone a fair chance and don't strive to eliminate the weaker players. As an example the INT 2 server regulations are pretty well balanced and you can see them here-bear in mind this version might be outdated since we don't get the latest news from our main alliance down in NEXUS PK often anymore-:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jEHs_5uqsFhMoWcvLBs4DLG-OPvsu6KHuY1B2-CRdas/edit#gid=1724222220

One more thing one should add. While people do complain about strict rules, these regulations are actively applied only in major alliances and their subs. Things are still pretty messy in other smaller alliances and in levels below 70 as these restrictions cannot be actively enforced, which is obviously damaging for many players and alliances. Many people is weaker alliances just quit at some point because they are always unequally attacked and burned on such a basis that it becomes impossible to bear. And to be honest I would prefer if the server applied the global rules to everyone since this way it could grow much more and much more quickly than under any other circumstances, since it people wouldn't get discouraged about the game early on.

Of course one shouldn't believe that the exact opposite is also good. Eliminating pvp entirely is not something that should be desired. After all this game is a war game and should remain so. The important thing is that everyone, at any level and no matter if he is a ruby buyer or not, should have equal chances at the game, without this meaning that players cannot get an advantage over one another. It is the best thing is to be able to have pvp but on honorable terms so that no side is taken advantage of and forced to quit.

On a personal level though I will repeat again that I dislike pvp especially in the recent years. Honor no longer has any kind of importance while everything else can be acquired through events without hurting anyone and at the same time gained at much higher quantities. If you can attack samourai or nomads for resources, robber barons, barbarians and the such for rubies and foreigners or bloodcrows for glory then why should you even bother with pvp? You will lose much more than you will gain in my opinion and I don't find it fun as well.

i58 ww2 level 70 legendary level 96
    NEXUS PK
    Κάνουμε πόλεμο έτσι ώστε να ζούμε με ειρήνη. = We make war so that we may live in peace.
    Αριστοτέλης = Aristotle
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, German philosopher 
    Do your duty in all things. You could never do more, you should never wish to do less.
    Robert Edward Lee, U.S. and C.S. general

Barksdale's charge, Battle of Gettysburg, July 2nd 1863 by Don Troiani
  • @illusion (IN1)

my tip m8, make your own alliance and hit who you want. If you don't mind the harsh retaliation then that's the only way to fully be in a war game.

However, if you're bored still feel free to join UK1 server, although we still have fair play rules, we regularly have server wars or one-to-one wars with other alliances which means you get to practice and implement your pvp skills into the game. 
Sign In to comment.