Discussion thread: Battle of Nations - Creation Day Conflict

Hey everyone,

The creation day conflict hootenanny is finally here, and offers some inter-server shenanigans for both PvE and PvP players alike. You can discuss everything in the update out this morning in this thread here. Feedback and comments on its contents greatly welcomed (particularly the constructive ones) 

Best Regards,
Your Empire community team!
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• what if you alliance has no players below lvl70 and you say they are the ones that will get the most
  • PS don't forget to sell the silly time limited look items = 12k coins  :wink:
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • oWarHero (GB1)oWarHero (GB1) Posts: 97GB1
    Not sure if this is the correct thread or not as the update information did not include that this would introduce the decoration forge, but as it did; I'll post here.

For such an eagerly anticipated update; I'm quite disappointed that no time was given to create a little tutorial for the new feature; or that GGE couldn't give us at least one free upgrade.

I've gone straight into the forge to try figure it out; all I could figure out was that I could dissemble a catalyst and then reassemble it. What I've just done, I have no idea - I thought the process would be simpler or better explained. Seems like a bang out the door job in the hope that people will get confused and spend rubies to try make sense of it.

If anyone can advise on how this works, I'm sure plenty of people would be grateful instead of also wasting their Fusion Energy.
    oWarHero @ en 1

•   Boondoggle...

EdMohrmann @ usa 1
  • zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) Posts: 356GB1
    The fusion thing doesn't seem to have a new post since it's been implemented, but it's over priced fopr what u get.

Someone in my alliance tested it earlier and it cost 36k rubies to add 5po to an old sam piece. What a load of tosh!

it's just going to be a waste of time to develop as it's so expensive or minute that players won't bother using it. 

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 490NL1
    Well, what can you expect from a company that offers castle gardens for 39500 rubies?
    I wish I could sell mine for 10% of that.
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • edited 13.08.2018
    40 k ?!?!?!?!?
    Biggest scam ever lol :D
  • oWarHero (GB1)oWarHero (GB1) Posts: 97GB1
    edited 13.08.2018
    Well, what can you expect from a company that offers castle gardens for 39500 rubies?
    I wish I could sell mine for 10% of that.
    Pmsl hadn't even seen this until you pointed it out.
    So a castle garden is either approx 8k wood and 10k stone; or 39.5k rubies. Or you can buy a better deco for 7.4k simply by looking in a different tab. This has greedygame all over it! I'd love to know how they worked out this price as translatable. Even if you were to buy the materials from the travelling merchant it equates as roughly 6k; can't tell me honestly that they think 7 hours of construction time is worth 33.5k rubies.
    Have you put chubby fingers in charge of the calculator again?
    oWarHero @ en 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,099INT1
    FUSION   NO NO NO TOTAL WORTHLESS UPDATE NOT WANTED NOT NEEDED NOT HERE
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Complete garbage update.

The problem with GGE is, you guys just put out new features/events, etc. without ever explaining how it works. You just leave it up to players to "figure" out themselves, and then teach others in their alliance.

I understand Fujiwara posted a tutorial on the forums, but:
    1) Not everyone reads the forums, the tutorial should be in-game.
    2) The forum tutorial is so LONG, its verging on tl;dr. Why make a new update/feature which takes paragraphs and paragraphs to explain. Its overly complicated for what you are doing, which is essentially merging one deco into another, lol.
    Lift Heavy and Take a Multi
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 490NL1
    I now realise that I judged too quickly. It's not 39500 rubies for a castle garden of 130 PO, but 39500 rubies for a castle garden of 10 PO. Now that's something special.

(Its level of 75 probably speeds up the upgrading of other decorations when you burn this 10 PO garden, but I'm not gonna try that out...)
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,815GB1
    pmsl you couldnt write it could you 39k for  10 PO gain, i am assuming it will add 10 PO to an existing deco ?  i certainly hope so for that money.  

It wouldnt be so bad if the increase in productivity gained from increasing PO was linear, but its not it diminishes the more you have.  so if you add 325 PO to your total when you have around 9000 PO in a castle you can expect around 300 extra food per hour. (dependant on base level food items)  if you add the same 325 when you have around 15000 PO in a castle you can only expect around 230 extra food per hour.

So if you already have high level PO adding 10 PO is really going to have little or no difference to you you might get 7 food per hour extra and I mean might.  So to put it in context to gain enough PO to hold another normal KG army you are going to need to do another what 1300 10 PO upgrades throughout all your castles.

if we assume the cost is 39,500 rubies and that adds 10 PO thats only 51 million rubies plus countless hours of energy and god knows what else you need to make the sodding forge actually work.  and yes you will be able to hold a single extra army in a single castle  now isnt that going to be a game changer!!!  

Alternativly you could hit 4 or 5 extra towers a day.  and keep the 50 mill rubies in your pocket.  Andf thats of course if the upgrades are guaranteed,  I havent actually been able to make it work yet.  if its like the equipment / gem forge.  and you only get a small percentage of sucessfull upgrades  then it really is a joke.  150 level 8 gems needed to get a single level 9 gem statistically speaking.  PMSL.  I am guessing which ever genius dreamed that one up came up with this effort.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • FML....

• Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) Posts: 835US1
    edited 13.08.2018
    Complete garbage update.

The problem with GGE is, you guys just put out new features/events, etc. without ever explaining how it works. You just leave it up to players to "figure" out themselves, and then teach others in their alliance.

I understand Fujiwara posted a tutorial on the forums, but:
    1) Not everyone reads the forums, the tutorial should be in-game.
    2) The forum tutorial is so LONG, its verging on tl;dr. Why make a new update/feature which takes paragraphs and paragraphs to explain. Its overly complicated for what you are doing, which is essentially merging one deco into another, lol.
    Lemme gif u cliff of cliff on how the fusion works:
    TOTAL GARBAGE

P.S. I could have sworn reading and understanding Diffie-Hellman Elliptic Curve is much easier that reading that forum tutorial.
  • im just going to pretend the Fusion thing doesnt exist. 

ill be positive for once - recently ggs did some things i liked

-The thing with building tools where itll auto select the rest of your wood or stone if you dont have the full amount
    -Apparently you get a warning message if you empty all the food from a castle when transferring food between kingdoms
    -"do you want to overwrite this preset" warning message

I like em all, so thanks.

STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • fusion forge ummm no not for me lol <  the deco that qwe use to get whit coins  is now  only avalable whit ruby and  to topp it it is less might points for it  what a garbage update  so now it will slow all players that ar not level  800   in order to get the same might points  think you very much     , but no thank you
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 14.08.2018
    The fusion thing doesn't seem to have a new post since it's been implemented, but it's over priced fopr what u get.

Someone in my alliance tested it earlier and it cost 36k rubies to add 5po to an old sam piece. What a load of tosh!

it's just going to be a waste of time to develop as it's so expensive or minute that players won't bother using it. 
    I agree with you. It is a rip off, but if GGS will actually add decoration dust and fusion coins into events like they said they would based on the descriptions for them I may consider using them. Otherwise, it is just a waste of rubies if spending rubies were to be the only way to get decoration dust and fusion coins. For only a small amount of 5 more public order costing 36k rubies for just one decoration is a waste.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I sill remember what happened with the card game for example for the Samurai Invasion. A bunch of people complained about it including an argument about gambling being involved and GGS removed that entirely after getting lots of negative feedback. As for these fusion coins and decoration dust items if they were to only cost rubies then what is point of getting them and especially for non ruby buyers? There would not be any point for getting besides ruby whales who have nothing better for them to spend rubies on which is exactly why they should be made available from events as well and not just for rubies only.
    David Noble @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.