Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Why do you play the game and do you enjoy it?

heres a game, explain the depressing reason your play the game and whether you enjoy it.

me:
i hate the game, but im in too far and feel it would be a waste of time if I did not continue. (This is all for now but may write a longer response when I get some spare time)

WATCHING GGE

autocorrect changes all crom-unfriendly words to crom on gge cuz groms got something about words that are even allowed in U rated films
i fill forward all crom unfriendly words to crom as a nice person as i know crom loves dealing with that stuff.
semi retired and sick of game - message me in game if u wanna kamikaze ur acc with me.

Comments

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,101
    To be very honest i did love the game ,but it is waining now and love is turning to hate.
    but like you i invested a lot of time and money just to watch it go to ruins.

But GGE have abuse there trust in the game. and have change it big time from a pvp to an event game. also it is very expencive to fight a war . you can hit there dummy castle or non ruby players , but that is not what the game was all about.

So the best part of a war is just to burn there expencive armies set hall to defence and make a butt load of defence, and if you cant get help set fire cast and just burn tools.

When the game first started we were all pretty even , then they brought in God commanders the game changed over night.
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • I stopped playing this game 6 months ago only log in to chck my acct etc. (every few days)...

I want more PvP without 50 people supporting each side....

would be cool to see a mode where there is alliances of 5 no pacts or subs lol
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,941
    Like everyone else said above.
    And I'm in the same situation, I spent a lot of time and money in my account. That's why I can't see  and let it to go in ruins.
    Another reason for which I continue to play are friends, friends that i've made in this game during the time i've been playing in many different alliances.
     That's the only reason why i keep playing.. for my alliance, and people that respect me, play in the same alliance with me.
    And in the end, to give a honest reason, i like more events than PvP, i've never been a PvP player... 70% of the time anyway. Since the game changed so much, so much to events... there's nothing to blame... other than GGE.
    But if i really need to attack a player, or help in a war, i'll do my best to make sure my presence is there :)
    So yeah... that's why i keep playing this game :lol:

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• cuz i dont have life duhh
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    cuz i dont have life duhh
    And you'll never have a proper one by playing this

• Phenom (IN1)Phenom (IN1) IN1 Posts: 101
    Initially, it was for the fun. It really was fun.

Then as my ID grew in strength, I got embroiled in full time server politics and that carried me through the game for a couple of years. 

When the power Trip of leading people faded, it came down to friends. 

And off late, game time has come down, and one plays in the hope that some time in the future, it will get better.
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    heres a game, explain the depressing reason your play the game and whether you enjoy it.

me:
    i hate the game, but im in too far and feel it would be a waste of time if I did not continue. (This is all for now but may write a longer response when I get some spare time)
    Playing the game because you invested in it at one point is like throwing good money into a bad stock because you've invested heavily in it too. This logic is called "the Concorde fallacy," named after the famous plane that didn't make enough money for its investors.

I never liked the gameplay. GGE is boring, tedious, has miserable graphics, is a p2w monstrosity, but I do enjoy the crymail, crazy drama and politics. And chasing food production.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    edited 13.08.2018
    I play because I love it! No, really!

In fairness, the balance did break rather with all the legendary power creep issues as mentioned above. I think it'll eventually settle down somewhat as more people end up with maxed halls and rebalancing becomes easier to do. In general it's mostly for the socials these days
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 794
    loved the game once in the very beginning , but too much time etc invested to just quit , tried many time to quit but that investment ..........................:(
    so a game wich should be relaxing is just another job  wich is become less interesting to play

flug @ nl 1
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    loved the game once in the very beginning , but too much time etc invested to just quit , tried many time to quit but that investment ..........................:(
    so a game wich should be relaxing is just another job  wich is become less interesting to play

^ Concorde fallacy at work!
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • I'm here for the drama and politics, and on the Czech server to farm their beet fields

No shame admitting so
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Kiwikiler95 (AU1)Kiwikiler95 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 419
    I have just recently called quits the only reason i didnt do it a long time ago is because i liked the people in my alliance and i didnt want to say goodbye but after so long of login issues, lag issues, terrible updates and the tediousness of this game i have just given up on this game 
  • STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    I was dropped on my head as a kid
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 782
    Was fun, now isn't much good.
    I've been chasing food prod too, playing to loot rubies so I can get the sun flag. All so I can eventually...what? Flip HOL to all def and set up with great casts everywhere and then not give a damn for a few days? I guess?
    To be able to quit without quitting. To allow me to do other things than play all the time, while not limiting my playing should I suddenly need to return, like in case of a war.

Also because that sun face is pretty smexy would be satisfying to have.
    Discord: JYT#1574
Sign In to comment.