Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Blade Coast

Blade Coast is back. So far I have not really noticed any major changes to the event, but it is back. I know a lot of people have complained about Blade Coast, Underworld, and Thorn King events not returning, but it is here now which gives me the impression that they may still come, but perhaps only once in a while.
David Noble @ usa 1

Comments

• The only downsides to the event is that it is fairly short with it being only a week long and maybe being infrequent as well. Nice though to return back more variety into the game.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Foz (GB1)Foz (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    I have gone into blade and for some reason i can not go any further. Have hit a few of the targets and now just get a message saying path is blocked but can not see anything else to hit

Seems to me its another waste of time
    Foz @ en 1
  • Foz (GB1) said:
    I have gone into blade and for some reason i can not go any further. Have hit a few of the targets and now just get a message saying path is blocked but can not see anything else to hit

I am guessing you may be new to the event and only the first time you have participated in it. If you hit enough towers you should be able to progress further into the event.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    thought you had to upgrade  ship to carry on.
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 06.08.2018
    thought you had to upgrade  ship to carry on.
    You are right. Their is a "warship" at the camp that needs to be upgraded. If I made any mistakes about the event it is because of the fact that even though I have completed the event before I have not played it for a long long time. Towers still need to be hit as well though in order to complete the event. Not just leveling up the warship.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • UD1 (INT1)UD1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,321
    I am on the opposite side this time bladecoast as it stands is a relec event no point in wasting time on a deco that is irrellavant , equipment that is obsolete and has no importance to the game, as i was told by Angus the fairly recently left Moerator.

When i said we have no room to store equipment and need more storage, And was bluntly told that the game is proggressive , so best delete old equipment . but i decided to keep just as memories of old game and old equipment. but hell  do i want to get more of it.

LIke i said in other comments this is there 7 year birthday instead of making it great , they decided the lazy route , repeating the Lotus King with a commander that is practically useless ,blade coast which is now defuncte in it present for .

so obviously this is a damp squib not a celebration . i do not know how an online game function , but i do know how to run a buisiness and this is far away from that. no one going to waste money on htis trash 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    I'm happy it's back as it was.  Not that I need it, it's just that the odds of it being better with an update are shockingly low.  Not only that, it's a change from all the whack-a-Mole events we have(FL/BC/Sams/Nomads/Beri).  Not happy with the shortened time table.  Those that need the equipment available, aren't likely to be able to finish it in this short of a time frame.

There should be a way to earn a decent starter equipment set other than the Shapeshifter giveaway for those unfortunate enough to have garbage equipment that makes finishing a LPTE without buying rubies impossible.  Consider that roughly half of the lvl 70 accounts have less than 100k might, mostly in small alliances.  They should have a path to boot strap themselves into decency that requires some good honest work - especially considering that the new 9 piece sets are all basically useless until you have at least 7 of the pieces.
  • BM QueenBBM QueenB Posts: 200
    Foz (GB1) said:

Dear @Foz (GB1) u need to upgrade your ship , then u can go further. 

• Foz (GB1)Foz (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    Thanks Queen B
    Foz @ en 1
  • I personally always liked the novelty of these events, it's short because there's no hard mode and I've had no issue beating these things in the few hours it takes my troops to travel between all of the towers.

It gives me absolutely nothing of benefit (besides the ability to get achievement points I hadn't previously gotten), but I think it's a fun change of pace from the game's usual monotony.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • gazz65 (GB1)gazz65 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 710
    I like how they always put teaser on any upcoming events.
    should be taser I get more fun being zapped by one then these same events over and over.

brain drain ggg no one has clue how to come up with new
    exciting teassssssing pvp events. >:)
  • zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    It';s outdated now.

the kit is no longer good due to the amount of 9 piece commanders around.

It's only good to those who for some reason wouldn't have 9 pieces. 

It needed a better décor item, a look item, and a few other new items just to spruce it up.

Otherwise it's pointless. Especially when it's run alongside 2 other events ffs!

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• AngryBird123 (AU1)AngryBird123 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 40
    edited 09.08.2018

http://prntscr.com/kgftvu

Annoying ._. There is no more Blade Coast once you finish ;-;

It would be nice if there was more to offer in the Blade Coast though... even a better deco would be more satisfying.

AngryBird123 @ au 1
  • I personally always liked the novelty of these events, it's short because there's no hard mode and I've had no issue beating these things in the few hours it takes my troops to travel between all of the towers.

It gives me absolutely nothing of benefit (besides the ability to get achievement points I hadn't previously gotten), but I think it's a fun change of pace from the game's usual monotony.

It is a good change if you want to just chill. I've always liked the graphics of the Kraken lol.
    AngryBird123 @ au 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 09.08.2018
    The event may need to be improved upon with its rewards, but the simple fact that we still get the event even if it is only once in a while is better than it never coming back at all. Plus, should not GGS be focusing more on the HTML 5 update? They have spoken about it, but have done nothing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  It is one thing for an event to appear only once in a while with no improvements to an event that is fairly short and hardly anyone is going to spend rubies/money on, but another thing to make what is available to be made better which would take extra time and may cost GGS money to make further changes to Blade Coast. I would say GGS should complete the HTML 5 update before they work on improving the rewards for Blade Coast. At least in my opinion if GGS can keep their word about the HTML 5 update then we can talk more about improving rewards for events like Blade Coast and perhaps even on events like Underworld and Thorn King as well. I am not talking about making further changes to the event first which is much needed, but HTML 5 being more important. I have mentioned some downsides to the event, but if Goodgame Empire stops working properly because of failure to switch over to HTML 5 GGS would be the one to blame.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • sal456 (US1)sal456 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    edited 10.01.2019
    I've defeated the kraken and given the option to leave or stay... but am I missing something...  I don't see anything else to do after killing the kraken other than hitting stuff for some more pearls.

Thanks
    Post edited by sal456 (US1) on
  • sal456 (US1)sal456 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    ok, so I decided to leave blade coast and now I get the 
    Blade coast "Do you dare" to enter the event and it won't even work.... sigh

• missrj (AU1)missrj (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2
    Foz (GB1) said:

I am guessing you may be new to the event and only the first time you have participated in it. If you hit enough towers you should be able to progress further into the event.
    I have hit many targets and won .  but For Freedom, Recapture Islands is showing 14/15 (has been this for ages - even though I have hit/won the hit).  Should it be changing?   I have also been hitting the pirate ships continuously throughout the day.  Kraken - what the heck is it - where can I see it, how do I defeat it?  just some of my questions.

• pistiC (HU2)pistiC (HU2) HU2 Posts: 26
    I wish we could use our commanders in the Blade Coast attacks. But then, it wouldn't be challenging.
    I'm still happy that they brought it back after some time.

pistiC →  YouTube @  http://bit.do/pistic

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file