Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: August update #1

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10,973
    I'm glad they have looked altering the stats of the new cast. It's courtyard was the main issue. Most casts have good other stats and add great melee and range bonuses, but then add supreme courtyard and you're blown out of proportion.

Only a handful of comms had more courtyard and that's including a look item. So to restore some balance to it, the courtyard decrease is fair. 

The cost of 37,000 green SS charms isn't an issue. Casts are vital and shouldn't be piss easy to attain. They should be worked hard for, or bought in some cases. 
    Courtyard not the issue as it get's stacked anyways the issue is the %combat strength of all units and its overall ability to hold the wall.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • spontaneus1 (GB1)spontaneus1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 172
    I'm glad they have looked altering the stats of the new cast. It's courtyard was the main issue. Most casts have good other stats and add great melee and range bonuses, but then add supreme courtyard and you're blown out of proportion.

Only a handful of comms had more courtyard and that's including a look item. So to restore some balance to it, the courtyard decrease is fair. 

The cost of 37,000 green SS charms isn't an issue. Casts are vital and shouldn't be piss easy to attain. They should be worked hard for, or bought in some cases. 
    Courtyard not the issue as it get's stacked anyways the issue is the %combat strength of all units and its overall ability to hold the wall.
    Its the combination really, currently the 3k vs 30k ratio is evened out in fights by how much stronger each attacker fights in the cy, with that cast each troop would be getting similar levels of boosts. Be holding vets to 1:1 ratio which is beyond crazy.
    spontaneus1 @ en 1
  • zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 356
    True, combined with extreme combat strength makes it that much harder and that next step up. So yes, it is definitely a combo of the both working together. 

Also seen a lot of non rugby buyers saying this could be their god cast equivalent. What i'd say to that is the ruby buyers and better players would just get it quicker than you. 

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• Nebulous (US1)Nebulous (US1) US1 Posts: 903
    As silly as this may be, I would like to thank GGS for retracting the Shapeshifter Castellan.

Sure it's going to come back eventually, but as @Temperance pointed out it's going back on the shelf to be reviewed.  

The stats were simply too good and I think this is a step in the right direction for GGS especially if it becomes a trend for the developers to listen to well thought feedback... but only time will tell.

CB
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • It seems that players will always be divided on all decision that are made. But i am curious that acted so quick on this one
    i been on forum for a long time , and as this decision goes, it is practically instant .

My thinking is that realised they made a boo boo and negative remarks gave them a way out . let face it  99% of things never change on what forum thinks .

If we worried about defender, and beating armies it was ever thus it was more great to watch an army of horrors disappear, i feel that maybe ruby whales and GGE might just have realised that a good Castellen would not be good for business , why would you want to buy horrors only to watch then all die .

for non ruby buyers this was there salvation , and a chance in the game. , because most ruby buyer are normally outright attackers, 

There are alliances now that are just outright Event players as for me i get whatever i can free , but with a small amount of ruby buying 

My oppinion is this is just Synical

and if they acted on most moans on forum then but only then i might think this is on the level.
    I might have wrong impression but I think that most of those ppl that complain why it was removed is cos they were either in smaller alliances that don't or can't do well with support etc, didn't experience much pvp, otherwise they'd understand that if you're non ruby player in order to fight longterm war loosing 3k after 3k after 3k leaves you very fast without soldierrs and one cannot recover that fast. So no, 1:1 ratio in this case doesn't do good to pvp at all.

Just my 2 cents!

As for GGE listening yea i'm surprised a bit too it happened way faster than expected but I think it was feedback on the global scale and who knows maybe somebody in GGE that actually understands the game came to his/hers senses and decided to pull a plug. 

Getting charms currency is the easiest thing to do atm in the game. Anyone can send 32 soldiers attacks in hardcore mod 5 times a day for the duration of the event(s). No real losses or efforts whatsoever. It's like giveaway of a day, like login bonus lol 
    With that being said, it's even more absurd they wanted to introduced such overpowered cast and give it practically for free.

Just to compare it with getting beri cast or khan or any other which u have to work for, for real. 
  • HAHAHHAHA 

soon enough we're gonna need to take a classes in order to understand the game lol

now i gotta see it for myself 
  • STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    This is VINTAGE GGS. My hats off to you guys. Your repeated, consistent ineptitude is an absolute marvel and as an english guy who's been told about german effficiency for decades, also highly ironic.

-Announce daft feature that no one asked for.
    -Realise it's a daft feature after implementing it.
    -Remove daft feature while also breaking parts of the game so its in a worse place than before.

I cant wait for this fusion system. How long will it last before its pulled? How many exploits will be in the original version? exactly how many thousand rubies will each catalyst cost?

The phrase "re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" come to mind.
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,109
    I get HERV or Muffins to help me with Fusion

Back to new cast which wont be new casts

how many of you guys get fed up with fire cast, many of you i guess only to see first wave of tools to go . i think only 10% of GGE players are ruby whales , the rest just muddle through. most alliance struggle to defend against full horror attack. so you switch to fire cast.

so there is an inbalance of the game , because most battles end up no pvp . and big alliance moan because of fire cast.
    Maybe GGE did get the strength wrong on the new cast .and the cost was ridiculous , but i expect if the players that did not want it, would be the first to get it being ruby buyers. but thats what you when you buy your way to the top .

stats are allways changing , and maybe GGE were priming up new ruby coms to counter the new Castle , let face it it made sense to give it to all of us , so ruby buyers were force to buy the new god commanders.

I think most players miss the point GGE are here for there benefit , and we are a by product
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,834
    I see there is a standard upgrade and a premium upgrade using rubies, anyone really ever doubt it would be just another ruby grab?
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    edited 31.07.2018
    Can anyone who's actively testing the feature out on the test server post findings here.. I'm quite happy taking findings and feedback to the powers that be if we can get specific values of effort / resources and the amount of improvement earned from those. There are lots of symbols and stats that I'll be honest, I have no clue what I'm looking at. If you manage to successfully pull off that 9% upgrade, what do you get from it? PO from 245 to 246? etc etc
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,109
    I see there is a standard upgrade and a premium upgrade using rubies, anyone really ever doubt it would be just another ruby grab?
    Of course you are so right about it , it a shame most players know this , yet they still spend to be the best regardless of cost .
    and in fact there is nothing wrong in that , it there money and there entitled to spend it here , after it keeps the game going for non ruby players .

But the fact is they are only competing against other ruby players in other alliances , and some alliances have many ruby players. and i do get amazed the points they get when they play events [AWESOME] and yes i do get a little green eyed, but always fairplay to them.

But when war comes along dont matter how much money you throw at trying to beat another alliance , you should not be able to beat them . if your alliance is the same level . just dont ask for peace . fire cast castles send troops away when youre not log on, make 2 third defenders defend the non ruby attacks absorb ruby whale tools with fire cast, target a ruby whale troops and defend them . sure they get glory , but they lose army. you can do the same in fori and get 10x the glory and get most of your army back.

When this becomes reality you do wander why you spent a butt load of cash for a small ammout of glory.

as for me i beg for gifts gtry to get anything that is free, mixed in with a modest ammount fo rubies.

PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY GGE 

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • FabMEEE1 (US1)FabMEEE1 (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 31.07.2018
    Personally, I like this cast, it's easily available (Although I assume it'll be a bit more expensive for charms than the Apprentice summoner is) and counters the newer, more powerful SS comms. It'll be pretty simple to get, (Maybe a bit too much so, although I don't know it's price in charms yet) so it'll add a challenge to PvP even if the player isn't online.
    Whoa. I was thinking more along the lines of what cost 5,000 being 7,500 or 7,000, but I really do want the cast to be available. I hope they just increase the price rather than redoing the bonuses. :(
    Although, 90 ctyd would be ok, maybe 80, but not less, I hope
    When you're trying to say something offensive, please spell it correctly or I won't take you seriously.
    I've been playing on/off since 2014, this is my 2nd acct. after my first went to ruins, and I'm always happy to give advice about the game.
  • well i hope yall cry babies happy,  cause gge offered the set and i  bought it and teched it up,  now they doing away with it.  of all the shyt gge decides to fix.  smh
    To be fair, you're one of US1's top players, so you didn't even need the cast that much. I do agree that they should've kept it, though, and just made even better comms to counter. I don't understand why some people complained, when the Master Summoner came out, that it was too strong and are now saying that this cast (which basically just counters the summoners) is too strong as well, it strikes me as somewhat hypocritical. I support the "set evolution" idea, where basically we keep getting new stronger casts and comms, it gives many a reason to keep playing for the better rewards, etc, so I was really happy when they announced this cast. Oh well.
    When you're trying to say something offensive, please spell it correctly or I won't take you seriously.
    I've been playing on/off since 2014, this is my 2nd acct. after my first went to ruins, and I'm always happy to give advice about the game.
    Personally, I like this cast, it's easily available (Although I assume it'll be a bit more expensive for charms than the Apprentice summoner is) and counters the newer, more powerful SS comms. It'll be pretty simple to get, (Maybe a bit too much so, although I don't know it's price in charms yet) so it'll add a challenge to PvP even if the player isn't online.
    Whoa. I was thinking more along the lines of what cost 5,000 being 7,500 or 7,000, but I really do want the cast to be available. I hope they just increase the price rather than redoing the bonuses. :(
    Although, 90 ctyd would be ok, maybe 80, but not less, I hope
    50 cry at most given how good it is at holding the wall.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • The Torrent (GB1)The Torrent (GB1) GB1 Posts: 608
    standard update, created more bugs than it fixed

WATCHING GGE

autocorrect changes all crom-unfriendly words to crom on gge cuz groms got something about words that are even allowed in U rated films
    i fill forward all crom unfriendly words to crom as a nice person as i know crom loves dealing with that stuff.
    semi retired and sick of game - message me in game if u wanna kamikaze ur acc with me.

Quoting does NOT ping the poster. Please @ me if you want my attention. Use " for names with spaces, e.g @ "The Torrent (GB1)"

• Nebulous (US1)Nebulous (US1) US1 Posts: 903
    edited 31.07.2018
    And now, thanks to the complaints of the ruby whales, the only way to stand up to the monster comms has been pulled....to be "adjusted". We all know what this means.
    The only cast promised, to try and get the balance back for defending, and accessible for all, is going to be neutered and then dished out at some point in the distant future.

You want to encourage PvP? Or just encourage OG and Fire/com casts?
    This is not the way to do it.

You are part of the problem

I really hope you're just trolling because you need to realize a thing or two...
    1. Even without the HOL on defense settings, it can be very hard to get a 1:1 kill/death ratio on a defense stacked castle meaning defense is already more favorable than attacking
    2. The SS castellan would have made the defense setting on HOL unnecessary and impossible to defeat if turned on

You and all the people who believe this cast is needed should;
    • learn to defend properly (on the nose eh?)
    • get better equipment (Beri cast is superb)
    • maybe even go to a better alliance, an active one that compliments your activity and play style.
    CB
    Post edited by Nebulous (US1) on
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
    edited 31.07.2018
    And now, thanks to the complaints of the ruby whales, the only way to stand up to the monster comms has been pulled....to be "adjusted". We all know what this means.
    The only cast promised, to try and get the balance back for defending, and accessible for all, is going to be neutered and then dished out at some point in the distant future.

You want to encourage PvP? Or just encourage OG and Fire/com casts?
    This is not the way to do it.

You are part of the problem

I really hope you're just trolling because you need to realize a thing or two...
    1. Even without the HOL on defense settings, it can be very hard to get a 1:1 kill/death ratio on a defense stacked castle meaning defense is already more favorable than attacking
    2. The SS castellan would have made the defense setting on HOL unnecessary and impossible to defeat if turned on

You and all the people who believe this cast is needed should;
    • learn to defend properly (on the nose eh?)
    • get better equipment (Beri cast is superb)
    • maybe even go to a better alliance, and active one that compliments your activity and play style.
    CB
    And have defenders in every castle and be able to be self relient cause you know war in war game can happen

• FabMEEE1 (US1)FabMEEE1 (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 01.08.2018
    Can anyone who's actively testing the feature out on the test server post findings here.. I'm quite happy taking findings and feedback to the powers that be if we can get specific values of effort / resources and the amount of improvement earned from those. There are lots of symbols and stats that I'll be honest, I have no clue what I'm looking at. If you manage to successfully pull off that 9% upgrade, what do you get from it? PO from 245 to 246? etc etc
    I just started an account to have a look (Getting to lvl 70 on the test server is so fun), and I like it so far.

It is a bit confusing, but I could understand mostly everything after reading through the help tabs. I would suggest that an extra differentiator be added to show the difference between an already fused deco and a non-fused one, since the first fusion doesn't upgrade the PO yet, or that that aspect is clarified. I think everything should be doable without rubies, although I understand if there's an "easier" way provided involving rubies.

It seems that the first fusion (rather than being a % chance of success, like usual) is a base upgrade in "PO xp", let's call it, because I've forgotten what term GGE used, plus (If you use a higher-level catalyst than you need to) a chance at more PO xp if you're lucky. It seems to require quite a lot of fusions to raise an item's fusion level by 1, although I'm not sure how much the PO goes up by every level, so it might be worth it.

I don't seem to be able to figure out how to assemble any of the deco catalysts, and it doesn't show the cost to do so anywhere, just the dust and my fusion energy levels are shown where the price of assembling should go, I think that part is possibly still being programmed...? Maybe I'm just wrong though.

Maybe they could change the fact that when you go to the public order items construction menu to build more PO items, the unique ones don't show up if in storage while the regular items do, say by highlighting the background in light blue instead of yellow and putting them in an adjacent slot, with the symbol in the corner, or something, so I can find the item without looking in the storehouse, it adds consistency that way, to me at least.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll add more if I think of anything.

Post edited by FabMEEE1 (US1) on
Sign In to comment.