Home English (UK) Alliance News & Diplomacy

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Damn Rebels August Storm Contest (levels 30 to 69)

We are running a contest in storm in August (2018) on US1.  This contest is open to anyone below level 70 and above level 29.  You may be in any alliance or no alliance at all to participate.  Contact bucketofsquid to arrange an invite to visit Damn Rebels for all or part of the month of August.  You have to temporarily join DR to participate so clear it with your current alliance first.

In addition to alliance cargo point rewards, we will be offering rewards ranging from an ice food Resource Village, siege tool gifts, kingdom resources and common resources.

Requirements:
Be an active player.
Read the description of how storm works and be in storm.
Don’t steal resource islands.  If it isn’t held by storm natives, leave it alone.
Have a minimum of 500 cargo points.   If you join the contest at the start of August, cargo points are not possible but you must gain a minimum of 500 points by storm end.

Trouble makers need not apply.  We do background checks.

Comments

• If you make the reward noodz of your mother, I'm in.
    Lift Heavy and Take a Multi
  • My mother has been dead for 3 years. Still interested?
  • I remember back when Damn Rebels was a top 20 alliance
    -=Fluffy Unicorns=-

• That was well before my time.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    While I cannot participate I gotta say thumbs up for organizing it and doing it

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • When players organize better events than GGE.
  • Sorth121 (US1)Sorth121 (US1) US1 Posts: 215
    I remember back when Damn Rebels was a top 20 alliance
    I feel confident in saying that in all the time I have played this game Damn Rebels has never been a Top 20 alliance. 
    Also if you guys want a chance at winning storm you will want more along the lines of 50,000 cargo points from your members instead of the 500, unless you are merely looking for the non victory rewards in which case good luck and have fun. 
    MUFU Member

• BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    Yeah, if you're going to do this, a minimum requirement should be 10k cargo points, and really I wouldn't want to start asking for anything less than 25k - you can always lower it later on in the month if not enough people seem to be joining the effort.

Last time I was in an alliance doing a serious run at storm, three of us had 100-120k, about another 5 had 70k-100k, and the majority of the rest were 25-50k. If there's a genuine competition between you and someone else, even this may not be enough.
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

Who?
    USACyberMonkey @ usa 1
    FU Recruiter
  • The idea behind this is to give newer players a chance to see the benefits of an alliance while also being sure they aren't just a flash in the pan.  By having a low minimum we give more of them a chance.  Several of us will undoubtedly gather a lot of aqua and make a lot of cargo points.  We may not end up the top alliance in storm but for new players the storm castellan and commander armor are a nice addition and we can easily get them those.  We also have some lower level players within our alliance family and they won't be hurting if they get that armor too.
    @ElementWarrior (US1)  come get your son and put him back in his cage

• People still do storm? Is it 2015? 
    ElementWarrior @ usa 1
    Yes, people still do storm. No it isn't 2015.  

Got any other stupid questions or are you done?

P.S.  People still play Empire too.
  • SteelSlayer (US1)SteelSlayer (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    People still do storm? Is it 2015? 

I guarantee you he can come up with more stupid questions. And he knows about people still playing empire, at least I would assume with him being top 300 in loot. 

triggered

• The Veteran (US1)The Veteran (US1) US1 Posts: 85
    edited 03.08.2018

You seem like you're in the mood to get farmed. :(

I would if he said it to someone I'd actually heard of ;)
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns

I spent some time getting farmed.  Funny how it stopped when they started getting no resources or glory.  A good fire castellan, no defenders and an almost non-existent resource balance is easy to do and takes all the fun out of farming people.

To get back to the purpose of the thread; We are closing in on the first armor reward from storm.  Anyone eligible that wants it should contact me soon about participating..
  • Sorth121 (US1)Sorth121 (US1) US1 Posts: 215

I spent some time getting farmed.  Funny how it stopped when they started getting no resources or glory.  A good fire castellan, no defenders and an almost non-existent resource balance is easy to do and takes all the fun out of farming people.

To get back to the purpose of the thread; We are closing in on the first armor reward from storm.  Anyone eligible that wants it should contact me soon about participating..
    Well now this really makes me want to farm you. Though my farming is more of a Sherman's March style and less of a GG Bigfarm style. 
    MUFU Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file