Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Why are we having so many Shapeshifter events this month?

2»

Answers

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10,973
    Because it makes them a lot of money.

GGE just monitor which events make them the most money and run them most often.

TT
    Really, gge is making money from shapeshifters?

People are buying charms. For sure. 
    Yes now with the base food items being added I know of more than a few that bought the charm boosters.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 257
    @BM ang1243

Can you please explain the rationale behind so many shapeshifters this month. (I did also ask the reason for the extra Samurai Event when it happened last month, but never got a reply from @BM Temperence) Having 3/4/5 events running all at the same time is very draining and the Shapeshifter event is such a pain in the rear end. I would just like to know what their thinking is behind this decision.

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Debbie
    The rational is simple,  if you go to a shapeshifter hit attack and then auto-load for 4 waves, you average about 125 charms per attack or 625 per day.  Then in 20 days (number sound familiar) who have enough charms (12500) to buy the Level 14 base food production item  (cost 12000 charms).  Cost nothing other than some coin as long as you things in normal mode.
    I prefer using 32 men in hardcore mode because I get 150 per hit, but you do you. 
    Once I get my second Level 14 Base Food Production I will try your approach.  The main thing is instead of complaining, people should working to take advantage of this.  Or the next thing you know they will be complaining about not bein able to attack and defend because they do not the troops because they do not have the food.  A level 14 Base Food Production build item gave me over 500 per hour food than a level 7 Base food production on the same grainery.  (Of course your results may vary) but if you put them on 100% production grainerys in an F8 OP the is 4000 food enough for 2000 more defenders to fight off your nemesis's. (or at least try)

kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,109
    Hello guys dumbass here again , i still cant work out the difference between level 10 which gives me + 200 food

and level 14 from shapeshifters + 99 food    what is the difference 

http://prntscr.com/k5pez4

http://prntscr.com/k5pffx
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10,973
    Hello guys dumbass here again , i still cant work out the difference between level 10 which gives me + 200 food

the +200 is a flat bonus like metropolis, the +99 is added to the base production so the 178 would turn into 277, so putting this on your 100% granaries makes quite the difference!

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,109

the +200 is a flat bonus like metropolis, the +99 is added to the base production so the 178 would turn into 277, so putting this on your 100% granaries makes quite the difference!
    thankyou my friend sometimes i just dont understand but you may it easy 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 257
    The two build items work differently.  A food production build item adds x amount of food after the al calculations due to production rates is figured (this is PR dur to PO of decorations, and other factors).

A base food production item get added and then the PR rate bonus applied.

So assuming a level 30 grainery and PR of 800:

178*8.00= 1424 in food+ 200 = 1624 in food  for Food Production Build level 10 Item

versus

178+99 = 277 * 8.00 =  2216 untis of food for a BASE food production level 14 item  or an additional almost 600 in food in this case.

The KEY is the word Base as to when the bonus from the build item is applied

That is an example only, without knowing the production rate and accurate number is not possible
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • dliu3 (US1)dliu3 (US1) US1 Posts: 464
    Yes it is a pain. 5 attacks,  Wait 24 hours, during which time we have hours and hours of red alarm horns, Collect 250 or 300 pink charms, 5 attacks, Wait 24 hours....... rinse and repeat..... for three weeks straight and then another 8 days before the end of the month.
    I can give you actual attacks as change of pace if you want :trollface:

DO IT!!!!!!!
    Proudly a member of Kings All on US1!

GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

(thanks @Link c0p (GB1) )

================
    Can we talk about games thats not gge yet? Or is this still north korea?
    Sir,
    Pease be polite!
    As you may know, Boo Masters is the ony aliance officially recognized by the DPRK Gaming Cub (North korea).
    Why would you call our sponsor a "dictatorship?"
    shut up @forestw (AU1)
    ================

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 20.07.2018
    I noticed a lot more Shapeshifter event days, but also less of Berimond for this month. True that it is a level 14 base food and better than even a first place prize, but Berimond only once a month now? True that there is also Berimond Invasion, but gallantry points during the Berimond Invasion only goes to the alliance and monthly events instead of it being based on individual rewards for the Berimond Invasion besides titles, because of that invasion also including reputation and reputation boosters as well. Now it will be harder to keep the 30% extra food vs. a level 14 build item that costs like an expensive price of 12k charms to even get one. I do like the level 14 base food build items which I do plan on getting even if it will take a while to get, but it would be nice if Berimond could return back to being twice a month again if possible in addition to Berimond Invasion being once a month.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 827
    if  you don't want to play the event, don't.
    It's really quite simple.
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    They are running constant shapeshifters so people can buy the new castellan that is essentially invulnerable and can only be gotten from shapeshifters and costs rubies.  That is how they hope to make some money.
    Not really.
    Maybe bcz of this

About what are you saying, is .... 
    The cast is too strong, and gge will have to move it from the shapeshifter shop to the armorer, so in the end the players who want the cast, will have to buy it with rubyes. Or either,gge will reduce some bonuses from the cast, is too strong, and i think they know that too. But it will take time for them to make a change for it.
    So, atm, having so many shapeshifter events is good, because you can choose, to buy commanders, the strong ones, or either to buy the level 14 food item, which for me is a little useless to pay so much for it, and in the end they'll release the item on other events, or in the nomad medal shop/ top 50 prizes or ... to be bought with rubyes from the armorer.
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• neuterable (US1)neuterable (US1) US1 Posts: 748
    It is a pretty silly event, especially since they don't, you know, shape-shift... at all... ever...
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • The Torrent (GB1)The Torrent (GB1) GB1 Posts: 608
    edited 30.07.2018
    Because it makes them a lot of money.

TT

I thought about that too before posting, but somehow they must be. I guess a lot of people must buy charm boosters. We have a lot of high ranking players in every event in gb1.

WATCHING GGE

autocorrect changes all crom-unfriendly words to crom on gge cuz groms got something about words that are even allowed in U rated films
    i fill forward all crom unfriendly words to crom as a nice person as i know crom loves dealing with that stuff.
    semi retired and sick of game - message me in game if u wanna kamikaze ur acc with me.

Quoting does NOT ping the poster. Please @ me if you want my attention. Use " for names with spaces, e.g @ "The Torrent (GB1)"

• Because it makes them a lot of money.

TT

I thought about that too before posting, but somehow they must be. I guess a lot of people must buy charm boosters. We have a lot of high ranking players in every event in gb1.
    you get good score on the 1st day and the rest of the event u just do 32 soldiers attacks xD

But my guess is now with lvl14 food item introduced they are making money, probably ppl buying booster to get more charms.
     The silliest thing they give broken product without any intention to fix it. Or are they? Any moderators perhaps have any info if GGE ever plans to fix it?
Sign In to comment.