Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Make capitals and metros worth having.

IronLord (US1)IronLord (US1) Posts: 119
Capitals and metros are one of the best things in gge.. or were. They were the reason wars were fought, (and rubies bought) Owning a capital or metro brought great advantages to whatever alliances were lucky enough to own one.. but now they're trash.
Metros give 250 food. While that might've been good 8 years ago, now, with lvl 14 base and ops capable of producing over 40k food per hour, theyre irrelevant. 
Capitals are worse than irrelevant, because now they don't do anything.
I think gge could help revitalize pvp, and refresh one of the best features of the game, if they would update capitals and metros.
As for capitals, a unit slightly stronger than spearwomen/berserkers (maybe equivalent to travelling crossbowmen) would be appropriate. Or even demons, so long as theyre expensive to train.

In addition, a few more metros and capitals could be added to the map, to incite some fighting.

-EDIT- 8k was a troll. Originally had 2k but decided it was too much so I changed to 8k while i thought of a better solution.
What i think is metros should be like farmhouses, where the more you have the less they produce. One might give around 750, while having as much as misc has would result in maybe 4k, with each additional giving successively less.
Post edited by IronLord (US1) on
-=Fluffy Unicorns=-

Comments

• I think capitals should give spearwomen and berserkers tbh no need to create another unit imo
  • Sorth121 (US1)Sorth121 (US1) US1 Posts: 215
    Tho I do like the capital part of the suggestion. 
    MUFU Member

• Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    There are players that have already 40k food prod from their buildings. Yeah sure, give 8k food prod bonus for each metro.
    "Ballanced"
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Atticus Finger (US1)Atticus Finger (US1) US1 Posts: 90
    edited 17.07.2018
    I agree and disagree with some of the comments made here.  Yes, Metros and Capitols should be tweaked.  The biggest problem is the ability to capture a Metro or Capitol without it being passed "diplomatically".  The current game mechanics make it almost impossible to capture one already being held without "permission".

Metros should be updated to somewhere in the Ball park of 500 - 1,000 food bonus per hour per metro.  This would make the Metro bonus relevant with current power creeps as the new widgets available.  

Capitols could give a wall bonus for defense, thus allowing the mechanics for capturing to be changed.  Also I'd would think capitol holding alliances would be allowed to recruit the top troops awarded from events.  This doesn't change the power creep significantly or GGE economics of pay to play with events.  Events have always been for individual account building, eg, gems, decos, mp, and attack perks.  People that play events are not playing for strictly better troops. 

My two cents.

AF
    Atticus Finger @ usa 1
  • They need an update and they've been harassed about it but there are no plans to my knowledge to even start thinking about looking at these

It's an events game now because the money made pleases the shareholders
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    I think 500-1000 food would be appropriate for metros. Capitals maybe normal and vet horrors so it closes the gap between ruby and non ruby players again.

But I think next to everyone can agree they need updating. Mainly capitals.
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• I agree and disagree with some of the comments made here.  Yes, Metros and Capitols should be tweaked.  The biggest problem is the ability to capture a Metro or Capitol without it being passed "diplomatically".  The current game mechanics make it almost impossible to capture one already being held without "permission".

Metros should be updated to somewhere in the Ball park of 500 - 1,000 food bonus per hour per metro.  This would make the Metro bonus relevant with current power creeps as the new widgets available.  

Capitols could give a wall bonus for defense, thus allowing the mechanics for capturing to be changed.  Also I'd would think capitol holding alliances would be allowed to recruit the top troops awarded from events.  This doesn't change the power creep significantly or GGE economics of pay to play with events.  Events have always been for individual account building, eg, gems, decos, mp, and attack perks.  People that play events are not playing for strictly better troops. 

My two cents.

AF
    There are players that have already 40k food prod from their buildings. Yeah sure, give 8k food prod bonus for each metro.
    "Ballanced"
    yea i edited and changed to 8k while thinking of a better solution
    -=Fluffy Unicorns=-

• KingChampion (ASIA1)KingChampion (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,107
    edited 17.07.2018
    So I think they should increase metros production bonus to 25000 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943

Yep, i agree. 25k for each metro... 
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232

Yep, i agree. 25k for each metro... 
    You mean it produces 25k rubies every hour
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file