We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Castellan gems are pointless

I do not understand why the developers keeps giving out castellan gems in the event rewards despite the fact that there are no castellans to use these gems on. I am speaking for the newer players who have not been able to obtain the famous spring or winter castellan.

The only good 5 piece castellan that's available right now is the samurai castellan. The seasional event only gives 9 piece castellan sets.
If you want a good 5 piece castellan that's not a samurai cast then you need to spend at least 175k-210k rubies. I personally got these gems that i don't know what to do with. I don't plan on spending all those rubies either just to get a castellan to use them on. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

Comments

• Heartnoir (US1)Heartnoir (US1) Posts: 512US1
    GGE wants you to buy a look piece and use those gems on these. The operative word here is "buy". Oh and if you don't remove them before the look piece expires, you lose them - or again, pay to remove.

Heartnoir @ usa 1

"You must have big rats if you need Hattori Hanzo's steel
    . . . Huge."
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) Posts: 1,366US1
    GGE wants you to buy a look piece and use those gems on these. The operative word here is "buy". Oh and if you don't remove them before the look piece expires, you lose them - or again, pay to remove.
    1) Look items can longer hold gems. 2) Permanent look items exist. 
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    @Heartnoir (US1)

You don't have to buy look items - you can buy them and they're really very cheap compared to most things out there - but you can also win them - or buy them from the old event shops such as thorn king/underworld (Which I hope will come back later this year)

1) Look items can longer hold gems. 2) Permanent look items exist. 
    @dreamtree (US1)

1) Only permanent look items can't hold gems - those which have previously been able to hold gems can still hold gems...

2) Indeed - but they can't hold gems 

I do not understand why the developers keeps giving out castellan gems in the event rewards despite the fact that there are no castellans to use these gems on. I am speaking for the newer players who have not been able to obtain the famous spring or winter castellan.

The only good 5 piece castellan that's available right now is the samurai castellan. The seasional event only gives 9 piece castellan sets.
    If you want a good 5 piece castellan that's not a samurai cast then you need to spend at least 175k-210k rubies. I personally got these gems that i don't know what to do with. I don't plan on spending all those rubies either just to get a castellan to use them on. 

@Zenzer (GB1)

If you don't need any of these gems then that's great - and you've reached a level of gameplay I won't ever reach personally - however I and I believe around 99% of players playing this game can find a use for these gems still - even if it's just the look item use as described above - but really if it's a choice between giving them out or not giving them out - why wouldn't you want them given out? Or would you honestly prefer another equipment set which takes 9 events to complete and by that time the event has run for around 10 events it's out of date.

Let me know if there's anything which any of you think is completely out of touch/line and I'll come back to y'all ;)

Cheers,

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• @Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)

I really don't get the logic here at all? 

If you're not using these gems then it presumably means that the sets you're getting are better than the 5 piece sets you could place these gems on.

Which means the only remaining uses for them are as follows:
    1. Use them on a look item - you don't have to remove them from the look item at the end if you all have too many of these gems anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    2. Leave them in the equipment inventory and hope that another 5 piece set is released which you'll want to use them on.
    I really don't see the problem here - you either have too many of them or don't have enough of them - don't need to spend rubies on removing them if you have too many - don't need to complain about them being given in rewards if you don't have enough.

Angus
    those players that get the gems pretty much dont need them, those that needs them wont get them - why? cos top50 in nomads non ruby players dont stand a chance, weaker players dont either, the same with samu 
    perhaps only on beris they can get them, fcs depends 

new players have pretty much no use of them cos 5 pieces sets are removed

So yea, the castellan gems are pretty pointless, at least in top x rewards. It would be far more beneficial to get even some amount of crafting materials instead of those gems. 

within the year you get more than enough to equip 7x 5pieces castellans and then it is pointless even more so if you spend money and get something of no use to u 

I would be far happier with 10 bags of crafting materials than getting gazillionth gem that just sits around in storage being useless 
    edited 16.07.2018
    @Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)

I really don't get the logic here at all? 

If you're not using these gems then it presumably means that the sets you're getting are better than the 5 piece sets you could place these gems on.

Which means the only remaining uses for them are as follows:
    1. Use them on a look item - you don't have to remove them from the look item at the end if you all have too many of these gems anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    2. Leave them in the equipment inventory and hope that another 5 piece set is released which you'll want to use them on.
    I really don't see the problem here - you either have too many of them or don't have enough of them - don't need to spend rubies on removing them if you have too many - don't need to complain about them being given in rewards if you don't have enough.

Angus
    those players that get the gems pretty much dont need them, those that needs them wont get them - why? cos top50 in nomads non ruby players dont stand a chance, weaker players dont either, the same with samu 
    perhaps only on beris they can get them, fcs depends 

new players have pretty much no use of them cos 5 pieces sets are removed

So yea, the castellan gems are pretty pointless, at least in top x rewards. It would be far more beneficial to get even some amount of crafting materials instead of those gems. 

within the year you get more than enough to equip 7x 5pieces castellans and then it is pointless even more so if you spend money and get something of no use to u 

I would be far happier with 10 bags of crafting materials than getting gazillionth gem that just sits around in storage being useless 
    @nyx (INT1)

I think that anyone earning these gems will appreciate them for look items - I certainly do. If you're saying that they have to have lots of rubies to finish in the top X these are rewarded in then they can afford look items for multiple castles and add these gems to them.

Cheers,

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• I certainly do not appreciate them, and many others don't, cos they are useless. I mean sure they will come handy in war but then how much exactly wars we got these days and don't forget we get tons of lvl8 nad 9 gems from event rewards too, not only from top x. There's only so much u actually need and will use before it looses any value. :/  

I'm saying that those that could actually benefit from those high lvl gems won't ever get them if they don't pay money, and if you do pay, you get along the way something you dont need.

• Heartnoir (US1)Heartnoir (US1) Posts: 512US1
    @Heartnoir (US1)

You don't have to buy look items - you can buy them and they're really very cheap compared to most things out there - but you can also win them - or buy them from the old event shops such as thorn king/underworld (Which I hope will come back later this year)

Cheers,

Angus

The least expensive look pieces (Sands of Time and Demon Scepter) are becoming available less frequently from the Equipment Trader. (They are available today interestingly enough, but were not available for the past week or so). But these expire quickly and so the issue of removal still occurs. There are the pricier look items that go with some of the older sets but these too expire. The longer term look items that are only offered via special personal offers are very rare indeed. And while I may agree with you on the general usefulness  of the look items, they may or not may be considered "very cheap" by others. As for winning them, other than thorn king/underworld - which as you know we have not had in a very long time -I am not aware of any other events where they are offered. The news that these events might return is probably the most important item on your post. Is this your opinion or based on actual facts?

Even so the issue of the quick expiration and removal still exists. While I personally am happy to receive some of these gems as rewards, I still stand by my original post. If you want a look item, for now you have to buy it and you either need to pay to remove the gem or lose it.

Heartnoir @ usa 1

"You must have big rats if you need Hattori Hanzo's steel
    . . . Huge."
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,600GB1
    @BM ang1243

"If you don't need any of these gems then that's great - and you've reached a level of gameplay I won't ever reach personally - however I and I believe around 99% of players playing this game can find a use for these gems still - even if it's just the look item use as described above - but really if it's a choice between giving them out or not giving them out - why wouldn't you want them given out? Or would you honestly prefer another equipment set which takes 9 events to complete and by that time the event has run for around 10 events it's out of date."

Still, why would you then reward players with these gems in the events if they will not be able to fully utilize it? 
    To me, it's a shame to see all these gems being wasted like this. A commander gem would be more useful in this situation considering there are a lot more 5 piece commanders than castellans. If i could trade my cast gems for commander gems of similar type, then i would gladly do that, perhaps only then would these gems have any real value. 

Also, what do you mean with that i've reached a level of gameplay that you won't ever reach?

Please develop that statement for me. So you mean that by having only one 5 piece castellan with gems i have reached the so called "high" level gameplay? If that's what you believe is high level gameplay then you and me have completely different views regarding what's condidered "high level gameplay" or not. You cannot say that you've reached a high level of gameplay by having a lot of gems that you don't need, what if the reason for that is simply that there are no equipment sets to use them on? If i don't have the castellans then of course i won't need them. 

To be honest, yes i would much prefer a new castellan to be released even if it would take some time to obtain it. 
    Whether that castellan will get outdated or not lies in the hands of the developers and what deisions they decide to take. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

So peeps,

I assume y'all actually just want more 5 piece sets - this argument doesn't make any sense though - you're all contradicting each other's (and in some cases your own) arguments - and it's all based on an argument of let's remove this because we don't have that to add the 'that' back just isn't the way.

At the moment you can happily use the look items in conjunction with these gems - as many of you have highlighted the gems are being won by the top 2% of the server - who can afford these look items - so that isn't a problem...

I'll happily listen to any arguments you have for bringing 5 piece sets back and why it's worthwhile for GGS rather than continuing to bring out 9 piece sets which you can use by themselves or in conjunction with these gems on a look item. 

But as I say - you're going about it in the wrong way - if I pass this feedback on the most likely thing to happen is they'll just remove the gems as rewards altogether - as that's how your arguments come across - which just doesn't make sense from a player perspective.

Cheers,

Angus

• I'm guessing most people are just tired of their gem inventory filling up and the agonizingly slow process of trying to smith/discard them. Get rid of the e%tra gem smithing animation and you can smith them away faster.

A few gems are worthwhile when you're leveling up and still using orange gear, but once you start collecting advanced sets, with their own specialized gems, these gems are mostly useless... and the game keeps shoveling them at you.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • Dark Venom (ASIA1)Dark Venom (ASIA1) Posts: 2,142ASIA1
    edited 17.07.2018
    @BM ang1243 you're missing our point, there are too many 9 piece sets. I can only think of 1 5 piece set we can get off the top of my head and that is for berimond (technically 2, but you still only get 1 piece per event if you're good enough).

I have 4 string casts, 2 being 5 piece. 

Pass this along:0 "the players are finding it hard to use non-unique gems due to lesser 5 piece sets in the game. They wish for a few 5 piece commander and castellan sets to be available via event rewards, they dont want the non-unique gems to be removed due to custom equipment and diversity"

Isn't that fair?

Edit: samurai and nomad comm and casts don't count, too outdated for any purpose
    Dark Venom on Asia1, and your mothers tinder dates list. 
    Paypal Me Money on US1, and at the local charity bins stealing clothes. (inactive until I get myself a new laptop).
  • dreamtree (US1)dreamtree (US1) Posts: 1,366US1
    Right now Berimond cast (house of Ursidae) is the best in game cast set. Still would be nice to see more five piece sets. 
    Why can't we put gems on eternal look items? lol We should win more look items in events as well. 
    Lv 70 dreamtree @ usa 1! This account is best described as a tree in a large forest...
    @ international 1! @ international 2! @ English 1! Those accounts are retired.
    http://prntscr.com/53jb2i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://prntscr.com/61r5kl
    500k might points. I know. A lot of people have higher. Wow, now I have have over 700k... 
    http://prntscr.com/ek3c51

http://prntscr.com/gers7n
    Yay! A nice reward!

• Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,930ASIA1
    Right now Berimond cast (house of Ursidae) is the best in game cast set. Still would be nice to see more five piece sets. 
    Why can't we put gems on eternal look items? lol We should win more look items in events as well. 
    I was wondering too, why did gge stopped making commanders and casts with look items? 10 piece sets would be nice, even if they expire.. i'd like to see something like that
    ] - asia 1 / top 1 player - 2.3m power - 13.06.2019

• I was wondering too, why did gge stopped making commanders and casts with look items? 10 piece sets would be nice, even if they expire.. i'd like to see something like that
    You want your Pachyderm Princess to lead an Elephant Stampede against your Foes?
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

• CBee (US1)CBee (US1) Posts: 210US1
    the permanent look items was a scam all the way around.  cant put gems on them and they look like a 3rd grader made them.  
    CBee @ usa1

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,743AU1
    the permanent look items was a scam all the way around.  cant put gems on them and they look like a 3rd grader made them.  
    3rd gender*

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • the permanent look items was a scam all the way around.  cant put gems on them and they look like a 3rd grader made them.  
    3rd gender*
    That will be the Rocky Horror 100k item

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,586GB1
    I totally agree that when the game is going rapidly towards 9 piece comms and casts that many of the so called best prizes being given out in events are gems that cannot be used on anything but a look item or on old and outdated comms / casts.

Maybe if GGE gave look items for comms / casts out as event prizes.  Or  went back to its promise of perminant look items and i dont mean the stupid pointless rip off, abomination of look items that you cant add a gem to, i mean a proper look items!

it just seems a little bizarre, especially given that one of the reasons given for nerfing the the gems so they no longer went over the "cap"  was that it was making the old type gems redundant.  Whats really making these gems redundant is the fact there is no new equipment that needs old style gems.

I am not saying remove ALL old style gems from the game, but I do think they should be given for lower level event prizes, due to there significantly reduced usefullness i am not really seeing why they should be given out for top end prizes any more.  Especially when they only real thing u can use them on you have to pay for!!!!   thats a bit cheeky to be honest.

Philt123 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.