Long-time player? Let me know what you remember.

Comments

• Shadow_21 (AU1)Shadow_21 (AU1) Posts: 1,370AU1

i miss the days when a spy report would show you how many tools were on a wall

you mean like how it still does??? right of troops, below casteleen and left of number of farmers or militia....it sasy number of tools

no , how it also said how deep slits where

ah ok....

Made by me using word
                                                                 <======|===O*SHADOW*O=========>
  • Hey all -

I've played Goodgame Empire for about five years now, and there are a lot of things I remember about the game back when I was first starting out. There have certainly been a lot of changes. The level cap used to be 60 (and it was even lower before that), the world map used to look totally different, and we still used sword brothers instead of commanders and equipment! And the alchemist and barterer still showed up!

I'm interested to see what everyone else remembers. So, if you're feeling nostalgic, please let me know. :smile:
    Old music, old castle layouts, old RV layouts, sword brothers, stealing honor in berimond, capitals being introduced.
  • Hey all -

I've played Goodgame Empire for about five years now, and there are a lot of things I remember about the game back when I was first starting out. There have certainly been a lot of changes. The level cap used to be 60 (and it was even lower before that), the world map used to look totally different, and we still used sword brothers instead of commanders and equipment! And the alchemist and barterer still showed up!

I'm interested to see what everyone else remembers. So, if you're feeling nostalgic, please let me know. :smile:
    Old music, old castle layouts, old RV layouts, sword brothers, stealing honor in berimond, capitals being introduced.
    I too miss the old music... wish there would be an option for old music or new music because I never listen to new music but would probably have my sound up if it was the old soundtrack.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • HIVE VS LOF as #1 and 2.

The massive families they both had... (especially LOF)
  • i miss the days when a spy report would show you how many tools were on a wall

you mean like how it still does??? right of troops, below casteleen and left of number of farmers or militia....it sasy number of tools

lol ... shhhh, you are showing how new you are :)
    It seems some mod with a Napoleon Complex likes deleting people's signatures. Get a life. I called you on your BS and you single me out. Again. Get a life.

Not buying a single ruby. Not feeding the gluttonous pig known as GGE. You have lost our trust!
  • zeus1998 (GB1)zeus1998 (GB1) Posts: 356GB1
    what was the original berimond po item, was it the lion fighting a bear, worth 325 po and was it for getting the most gallantry?

RECORD NOMADS = 134,291, TOP 40
    RECORD SAMS = 254,189. 4TH PLACE 
    I've been here for around 7 years now, can't wait to celebrate my decade of destruction. 

• i remember the soppy prince that joined your army,
    i tried to keep him safe for as long as i could, first hit and he got mashed though, ah well

the wolves outside your castle gates, highwaymen, refugees
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    leader of the mighty dragon legion
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
    registered Linux user 476319
    registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,872AU1
    i remember the soppy prince that joined your army,
    i tried to keep him safe for as long as i could, first hit and he got mashed though, ah well

legit the only reason I have a Stronghold on my oldest account lol
    I wish I'd have also saved some of the old berimond soldiers

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • DainBread (US1)DainBread (US1) Posts: 307
    edited 27.07.2017
    I remember 30 being the level cap. No events in green, just RBCs to hit. Month long berimond. PvP. Leviathan and the Collective. Actual skill being required to play the game. The game being fun and competitive. Wars every other day . No verbals. No fairplay rules. etc.

-John
  • i remember the soppy prince that joined your army,

I thought urs was the server loading for the first time.
       "lol"

• Patriot1 (US1)Patriot1 (US1) Posts: 96
    edited 27.09.2017
    Back before any of this LTPE nonsense started, and PvP was regular; not frowned upon

oh also the lion bowman from berimond.  You will always be in our hearts
  • Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) Posts: 837US1
    edited 28.09.2017
    I remember when with skill you can use pure barrack 5 troops to beat ruby players, 15 lvls above you with full of vets and ruby tools on the wall.

RIP in pieces da prince.
  • When it used to be a PVP game.
    VeeWeeZY @ usa 1

Back before any of this LTPE nonsense started, and PvP was regular; not frowned upon

oh also the lion bowman from berimond.  You will always be in our hearts
    I recently killed 2k of  them from a player  :D well no one can ever kill my Prince cause he is in the stronghold  <3

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • When the game was not so much about money and more about activity and loyalty 
    When the game was not so much about money and more about activity and loyalty 
    game used to be much more about how can buy how many demons with the star knight dudes in the past .....

• Espionage showing tool layers.
    The tutorial where the king makes you attack another castle with two handed swords and when you win, he knights you and grants you a castle.
    When the first quest story involved a kidnapped girl.
    When the map looked 2-D with those castles.
    When castles showed the average tower's level and displayed walls, gate, keep, towers separately.
    When there were lucky pennies.
    When there were no time skips.
    When a lvl2 keep took 11 hours to build.
    When farmhouses and the first few levels of quarry/woodcutters/dwellings looked different.
    I am NOT a ruby buyer.

Level 35: Nomad Invasion Champion THE POWER OF NON-BUYERS.
    100k Might Points at lvl.40. (I am so slow  :'( )
    NEVER BOUGHT NEVER WILL.
  • sjc (IN1)sjc (IN1) Posts: 160IN1
    foriegn invasion first entry
    thought rv`s function like small outposts
    etc

sjc @ in 1
  • When a 90/90 comm was a pain in the ass to get, if u got it u was a pro :p
  • when people actually took storm seriously when it first came out 
Sign In to comment.