Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Getting rid of unwanted bullies

You should put a switch or setting in a persons castle that keeps it from being (at the very least) devastated when another player attacks, and prevents repeated attacks from certain alliances/bullies.  If an alliance only wants to participate in the events and is not attacking other kingdoms, then there should be a way they are kept out of bully runs by over aggressive alliances or opt out of being attacked by others other than event participants.

One would say the bird accomplishes this, but that is in fact wrong as one cannot participate in most events if under the bird.  Also, one who selects this non-attack of their castle switch, should be prevented from attacking other alliances (but not participating in Blood Crows or Foreign Castles or Samurai, etc) or becoming a bully themselves.  It should be allowed if an alliance has a mix to be able to defend another's castle (which cannot be done under the bird either!) who is ok with bully attacks that is being attacked.  This would prevent folks from looting if they are preventing others from looting them.

On the same token, if you want alliances that enjoy attacking each other, there should be an adverse selection to allow them to participate in that activity as much as they desire. I see lots of alliances that state that they are either an event alliance or a bully alliance, so instead of just stating that in the alliance overview, it should be a setting to prevent having to participate in ways that are not desired.  You already have the programming in place, this would be an easy fix.  The game is not fun until this is accomplished, there is no desire for a LOT of players to continue, to buy rubies or play/support this game for another second until this is accomplished.  If there is no desire, continue to expect folks to drop like flies and flee to other games.  spend money on other games and waste time sending us emails trying to beg us to come back that will be ignored and spam deleted.

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    So you want to play bigfarm maybe I think that is where you got an event game, this is a PvP game with Events, not a constuction game.

Here I will even leave you the link: https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • it would be a PvP game if folks like you 70/530s only went after other 70/500+ players, but when whole alliances of 700/800+ players go after alliances with one or two level 70 players that maybe cracked level 10 and the rest sub 70s, that is no longer a PvP game as there is no way for that alliance to participate in a true PvP.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    edited 10.07.2018
    it would be a PvP game if folks like you 70/530s only went after other 70/500+ players, but when whole alliances of 700/800+ players go after alliances with one or two level 70 players that maybe cracked level 10 and the rest sub 70s, that is no longer a PvP game as there is no way for that alliance to participate in a true PvP.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • it would be a PvP game if folks like you 70/530s only went after other 70/500+ players, but when whole alliances of 700/800+ players go after alliances with one or two level 70 players that maybe cracked level 10 and the rest sub 70s, that is no longer a PvP game as there is no way for that alliance to participate in a true PvP.

• this is an war game if you cant handle pvp then don t play the game 

• there are ways to make yourself less of a target.

Get in a good alliance.

FC/LC and hide your troops.

Get better and snipe their attackers when they are offline.

Tool/Wall burn their attacks.

Those are just a few but they will help.
    Welcome to GGE where people respect the rules and  GGS gives free rubies.

Get in a good alliance.

none of that helps when a level 70/800+ goes after a level 70/10 or much less.  And when an alliance of 70/800s goes after an alliance just because and hits over and over and over and over, steals resources, etc where such a lower level alliance has no chance to defend or retaliate, it is no longer a game, it is not welcome to a war game, it is just crap.  It is not a PvP game  if grievous mismatches are allowed and encouraged.  Completely understand if I went after a 70/800 and was a level 45, and the retal was brutal, but if I am minding my own business and get slaughtered by several 70/800+s as a 45 unprovoked, that is just crap.

And if I am paying money to play, and getting slaughtered, there is no incentive to continue to spend the money.  Now I get tons of email to 'come back and play' yeah right.
  • For those who had suggested perhaps I should stop playing a PvP, just know when the bullies get bored of squashing my measly castle and start squashing yours and someone suggests, oh, perhaps you should play a farm game......or better yet, when enough people get fed up and leave and the game folds......
  • For those who had suggested perhaps I should stop playing a PvP, just know when the bullies get bored of squashing my measly castle and start squashing yours and someone suggests, oh, perhaps you should play a farm game......or better yet, when enough people get fed up and leave and the game folds......
    Most war-games have their own "bullies". Doesn't make it right but it's a fact of  GGE life. For every paragon of virtue you're going to have a million asshats. It's just how this particular game works.

Get in a good alliance.

none of that helps when a level 70/800+ goes after a level 70/10 or much less.  And when an alliance of 70/800s goes after an alliance just because and hits over and over and over and over, steals resources, etc where such a lower level alliance has no chance to defend or retaliate, it is no longer a game, it is not welcome to a war game, it is just crap.  It is not a PvP game  if grievous mismatches are allowed and encouraged.  Completely understand if I went after a 70/800 and was a level 45, and the retal was brutal, but if I am minding my own business and get slaughtered by several 70/800+s as a 45 unprovoked, that is just crap.

And if I am paying money to play, and getting slaughtered, there is no incentive to continue to spend the money.  Now I get tons of email to 'come back and play' yeah right.

Actually mate those are all viable options to prevent it. A firecast with a toolburn set-up and donated resources to the alliance will make you a complete turn-off to hit for loot because they will gain nothing from it.
    Also you complain about being in a small alliance that can't support when Varg specifically said join a larger alliance that will support. Or you can join a sub or a family member of a large alliance, players (unless a part of true warring alliances like MISC, KoN etc.) typically won't want to risk a large war over some low level. 
    Finally, you complain about not being able to retal? Who said you aren't? Hide troops in a players castle who is under protection mode or even a lab/monument and build up enough of an army to take on their attackers.

I've spent plenty of time on smaller accounts on different servers, and have taken on high LLs and powerful alliances plenty of times, those low level ankle-biters can be very annoying for high level players as they will lose more honor and cant hit you NEARLY as often as you can hit them due to PvP cooldown. 

Quit GGE to become a full time forum warrior
  • No big alliance beats on a small one just because, it usually starts with a few glory hits and then someone from the small alliance sending hatemail..
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • carolmugs (US1)carolmugs (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    edited 11.07.2018

Post edited by carolmugs (US1) on
  • Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,505
    edited 11.07.2018
    Here's yet another reason to be bullied - my player get to Sand Fortresses before the bully.  Seriously.  So the bully, and his alliance, is attacking my player until he has no troops to attack Fortresses.  
    Get a parent alliance that will actually try to help you then lol

tbf MISC is an enigma compared to most of the server and tends to do what they want

Also, might wanna hope they don't see that comment, it'll only make it worse lol

(got details from your in-game desc)
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Heartnoir (US1)Heartnoir (US1) US1 Posts: 513
    To be even more specific, this is self described "medieval strategy game". Most everyone who has played the game for any lengthy amount of time and reached a certain level was once a lowly beginner. The difference between you and anyone who has managed to play on is the lack of whining and the ability to learn, adapt and apply winning strategies. Wish I could say there's no crying in GGE but each day brings another whaaaaambulance.

Heartnoir @ usa 1

"You must have big rats if you need Hattori Hanzo's steel
    . . . Huge."
  • To be even more specific, this is self described "medieval strategy game". Most everyone who has played the game for any lengthy amount of time and reached a certain level was once a lowly beginner. The difference between you and anyone who has managed to play on is the lack of whining and the ability to learn, adapt and apply winning strategies. Wish I could say there's no crying in GGE but each day brings another whaaaaambulance.

To add on, whining via PM is one thing but going on the forums to complain is basically suicide. You put a biiiig fat target on you and your alliance. Best to do is suck it up, quit whining and find a way to stop them via the many ways varg listed above. 
    Quit GGE to become a full time forum warrior
  • bruh just type /delete bullies_all in chat, your welcome

smh people so dum

kvass @ this game is gay

• kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    You should put a switch or setting in a persons castle that keeps it from being (at the very least) devastated when another player attacks, and prevents repeated attacks from certain alliances/bullies.  If an alliance only wants to participate in the events and is not attacking other kingdoms, then there should be a way they are kept out of bully runs by over aggressive alliances or opt out of being attacked by others other than event participants.

One would say the bird accomplishes this, but that is in fact wrong as one cannot participate in most events if under the bird.  Also, one who selects this non-attack of their castle switch, should be prevented from attacking other alliances (but not participating in Blood Crows or Foreign Castles or Samurai, etc) or becoming a bully themselves.  It should be allowed if an alliance has a mix to be able to defend another's castle (which cannot be done under the bird either!) who is ok with bully attacks that is being attacked.  This would prevent folks from looting if they are preventing others from looting them.

On the same token, if you want alliances that enjoy attacking each other, there should be an adverse selection to allow them to participate in that activity as much as they desire. I see lots of alliances that state that they are either an event alliance or a bully alliance, so instead of just stating that in the alliance overview, it should be a setting to prevent having to participate in ways that are not desired.  You already have the programming in place, this would be an easy fix.  The game is not fun until this is accomplished, there is no desire for a LOT of players to continue, to buy rubies or play/support this game for another second until this is accomplished.  If there is no desire, continue to expect folks to drop like flies and flee to other games.  spend money on other games and waste time sending us emails trying to beg us to come back that will be ignored and spam deleted.
    The solution is simple, learn how to defend, individually and as an alliance.  I am the leader of a relatively large alliance that chooses to participate in the events over PvP hits, and yes we get attacked by KON, MISC and others and while we are not perfect and do lose some most of the time we can defend the location.  Some successful defenses are not pretty but we do try to defend when and where possible.  Other than maybe sending a friendly mail to the attack, we do not complain as a general rule (there are always exceptions) 

You may say you have enough troops to defend or attack the events, but not both.  While possible as you grow to become level 70, at level 70 with the build items for food and other items, you can do both 

And While I do not agree with KON and MISC et al,  I respect them and their right to pursue this game as they wish within the rules of GGS.  If you beat them often enough they may look for softer targets and leave you alone.  

Defending may get you respect, but I can guarantee you whining will get disdain

kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • You should put a switch or setting in a persons castle that keeps it from being (at the very least) devastated when another player attacks, and prevents repeated attacks from certain alliances/bullies.  If an alliance only wants to participate in the events and is not attacking other kingdoms, then there should be a way they are kept out of bully runs by over aggressive alliances or opt out of being attacked by others other than event participants.

Ha! I don't think your suggestion goes far enough! I think they should remove pvp all together and anyone who says otherwise is a stupid face. I think war should be conducted only in saboes.. but if the same alliance saboes you twice that shouldnt be allowed and they should all get banned. I also think that in game chat should be removed, and players can only message each other with pre-made options, like "Hello, friend," or "Resources, please." That way bullying will no longer be a problem and we won't have to fear losing our 6 year old community, or our slightly older community of bitching dumbasses who can't figure out how to play a war-game.
    -=Fluffy Unicorns=-

• I'm gonna have to recommend tposing to assert your dominance over those TM losers. especially EW. he loves to be dominated

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file