Power commanders

Am I missing something with this so called game changing power equipment

So far we have only one example that i can see 4 versions of effectivly the same commander.

Epic 1  Epic 5 Epic 9 & Legendary 1

Epic 5 Offers +5% glory over epic 1
Epic 9 Offers +5% kahn tablets 
Legendary 1 offers +5% glory +5% cy on NPC targets.

Hardly seems any point bothering to me, just 4 times as much equipment to clog the already pittiful amount of storage we already have.  for what is essentailly the same commander with tiny tiny changes that in reality make sod all difference.   

Really to me seems a totally pointless thing that is going to totally kill our storage.  If you are going to have different versions of the same commander then at least make it worthwhile in trying to upgrade it.  gaining an extra 5% glory or to put it another way 1 extra horsetail!!!  is really not going to make it worth my while collecting 9 completly new bits and spending 20-30 million coin teching them.   
Philt123 @ en 1

Comments

• Am I missing something with this so called game changing power equipment

So far we have only one example that i can see 4 versions of effectivly the same commander.

Hardly seems any point bothering to me, just 4 times as much equipment to clog the already pittiful amount of storage we already have.  for what is essentailly the same commander with tiny tiny changes that in reality make sod all difference.   

Really to me seems a totally pointless thing that is going to totally kill our storage.  If you are going to have different versions of the same commander then at least make it worthwhile in trying to upgrade it.  gaining an extra 5% glory or to put it another way 1 extra horsetail!!!  is really not going to make it worth my while collecting 9 completly new bits and spending 20-30 million coin teching them.   
    GGS way " Remember this is the first commander in the game, with such type of stats and bonuses, so expect us to add more of the in near feature, with storm islands bonuses, glory bonuses, berimond bonuses, honnor bonuses"

My yt  video about my empire account :)

Playing on Asia 1 server - Rank 3/4. - Power 1.6M - 24/10/2018 - Alliance - Русь Великая 

• I have a question @BM ang1243 or anyone with some form of communication line to GGS:

Why did they make it so complicated with power levels and power rarity?
    Why not just stick to power levels and forget about power rarities (or the other way around)?
    They could go from power level 1 to 45 and have exactly the same effect as power level 1 to 9 combined with five power rarities.

(Of course it would then immediately become very obvious that GGE is running out of names and images for all those new "special" sets that will be introduced in the coming months, but sooner or later this will be obvious anyway, no matter what complex obfuscation scheme is used.)
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    I have a question @BM ang1243 or anyone with some form of communication line to GGS:

Why did they make it so complicated with power levels and power rarity?
    Why not just stick to power levels and forget about power rarities (or the other way around)?
    They could go from power level 1 to 45 and have exactly the same effect as power level 1 to 9 combined with five power rarities.

(Of course it would then immediately become very obvious that GGE is running out of names and images for all those new "special" sets that will be introduced in the coming months, but sooner or later this will be obvious anyway, no matter what complex obfuscation scheme is used.)
    @Wiglema (NL1)

I believe this is because it is better from a UX perspective - the Rarity/Level combination allows players to immediately gauge these details from just looking through the equipment trader - whereas double digits wouldn't fit in the top right corner of the visual in a presentable fashion (remember the other side is also taken up often by a gem or a temporary symbol.

Cheers,

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Thanks for the reply, Angus.

From a UX perspective I would still consider a single-tier system friendlier than a two-tier system, but I agree that double digits would not be favourable either. In my opinion, that's more a problem of the system itself: way too many different levels, regardless whether it's 1-45 or 1-9 in five different colours.

If space is an issue, they could put the number at the bottom instead of at the top with the gems and other symbols.
    BTW, using different colours to confer information is not a good UX for colour-blind people, though that could already be an issue with the current "powerless" equipment. (Fortunately there's still a tooltip text.)
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Am I missing something with this so called game changing power equipment

my theory is long term GGe will do WoF us..devalue current comms to all level 1
    Shares @ au 1
  • CBee (US1)CBee (US1) Posts: 205
    The new power system is just another money grab by GGE.  Quit adding new stuff and fix the crap you have., then maybe i'll be interested. 
    CBee @ usa1

Sign In to comment.