Home English (UK) War Updates

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

most war prone server

13»

Comments

• to think US1 server war was 3.2 years long
    I like this one.  ;)

King clone
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    Exactly my point 3.2 years of failing to win.  That isn't to denigrate the struggle which clearly was epic.  But the aim is to win or achieve preset war aims both failed in that from what they have said though had fun in failing.  The equivalent alliances internationally have just been more clinical more quickly.  My point is that chapter isn't closed until it is it remains unresolved.  The point of a war is to win it.  Neither side could achieve that.  On other servers their equivalents have achieved that without needing the same number of support alliances and in some cases they have none.  So you have to be realistic in an international comparison other alliances found strategies, tactics or a system that worked more quickly. The US system of subs that they built ironically looks from an outside perspective to prevent resolution rather than facilitating it.  Basically you have to wade through x number of subs to get to the main and even if you nail the main they just resupply new players from the subs.  You probably - arguably - have stronger players spread across the families rather than concentrated in the main compared to other servers which dilutes overall strength.  That presumably would be why they now seemed so intent on dismantling their system of alliances or allies currently.  What is remarkable is that they told everyone what they were going to do and now the rest of US Server is sitting there and patiently waiting for it to happen.  I'd guess it's displacement and a need for reinforcement.  But a fail is a fail however you choose to dress it up until you turn it into a success.  It's really a question of when rather than if an answer to the outstanding question is reached.  At least that is how it seems to me.    
    Batten @ en 1
  • Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,505
    edited 30.06.2018
    Exactly my point 3.2 years of failing to win.  That isn't to denigrate the struggle which clearly was epic.  But the aim is to win or achieve preset war aims both failed in that from what they have said though had fun in failing.  The equivalent alliances internationally have just been more clinical more quickly.  My point is that chapter isn't closed until it is it remains unresolved.  The point of a war is to win it.  Neither side could achieve that.  On other servers their equivalents have achieved that without needing the same number of support alliances and in some cases they have none.  So you have to be realistic in an international comparison other alliances found strategies, tactics or a system that worked more quickly. The US system of subs that they built ironically looks from an outside perspective to prevent resolution rather than facilitating it.  Basically you have to wade through x number of subs to get to the main and even if you nail the main they just resupply new players from the subs.  You probably - arguably - have stronger players spread across the families rather than concentrated in the main compared to other servers which dilutes overall strength.  That presumably would be why they now seemed so intent on dismantling their system of alliances or allies currently.  What is remarkable is that they told everyone what they were going to do and now the rest of US Server is sitting there and patiently waiting for it to happen.  I'd guess it's displacement and a need for reinforcement.  But a fail is a fail however you choose to dress it up until you turn it into a success.  It's really a question of when rather than if an answer to the outstanding question is reached.  At least that is how it seems to me.    
    US1 is very cyclical, war breaks out between big families, big families get torn to shreds, new top alliances rise up taking in all those who left the big war, new top alliances gain subs, more big wars break out

I think there's a difference between not winning and calling off a 3 year war of mutual destruction, though. While technically the same thing, I don't think they are equal in this comparison.

Also worthy of note, just because somebody wins faster than somebody else, doesn't mean they're better at war. Just means their opponent has less resolve.

As for your previous comments about not dominating all opponents, nobody on US1 will ever accomplish this because Americans are salty people and we'll never join an alliance we don't like. When war breaks out, all the eventer scrubs run pretty quick and go hide in alliances that aren't at war to build their pretty castles. One would have to war every alliance that any player goes to and chase them all out of the game to achieve complete dominance. There's very little loyalty in most alliances in US1, everybody likes to run at the first sign of trouble. That's why most wars only last 3 days, people are scared of it affecting their eventing long-term and losing members to alliances that are still performing and getting rewards normally.

That's why I warred often when I was a leader - routinely purging the disloyal and weak created a stronger alliance than many alliances higher in rank. You don't rise nearly as fast, but you build a solid crew.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • i58 (INT2)i58 (INT2) Posts: 330
    edited 15.08.2018
    INT2
    The INT 2 has many wars? That's quite the ironic statement. 
    We have a war once in a thousand years and that is coming from a person from one of the sub alliances of old Nexus now called the Avengers. Yeah I know PK is dead now mostly but I don't have time to actively play so I am good here. Still when PK was the official training for Nexus people were talking about war with Blaatand or Asylum and nothing ever happened. Not that I think that is necessarily bad because I like to be relaxed about my account, not having to worry about pvp and logging daily if I have work to do. INT 2 alliances attitude is best described as maintaining the status quo from what I can tell. The alliance leaders are sound diplomats so war rarely breaks out and strict server rules are ALWAYS appied. If we get a war then it is either between the top 1-10 alliances, which are btw unimaginably strong, or between small alliances. But usually the change of power in INT 2 happens mostly through merge between alliances or vassalization, breaking or making of unions and so on. That is because when an alliance in INT 2 becomes first it mostly secures the majority of the available command points as fast as possible. Furthermore the 2nd and sometimes even the 3rd alliance in rankings is usually a vassal or a training alliance of the first one. But NO 1 alliance gets most command points which is now the Avengers that have about 20k now and their training alliance, the Expendables, are 2nd with 4k command points. We don't get much info lately down in PK though because it is a dead alliance mostly so I might be missing some things but we were for years with little to no wars. There has been some talk about a war with a German alliance lately though but it hasn't started from what I understand. 

Long story short: INT 2 rarely has any major wars. But be careful our major wars are a huge mess, when they happen, because many alliances take part as subs of the major ones. Also the server rules that I mentioned are clearly written and there is a webpage where they post and change them once in a while. The server rules of INT 2 limit pvp but are mostly reasonable so most people respect them.
    i58 ww2 level 70 legendary level 96
    NEXUS PK
    Κάνουμε πόλεμο έτσι ώστε να ζούμε με ειρήνη. = We make war so that we may live in peace.
    Αριστοτέλης = Aristotle
    He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    Friedrich Nietzsche, German philosopher 
    Do your duty in all things. You could never do more, you should never wish to do less.
    Robert Edward Lee, U.S. and C.S. general

Barksdale's charge, Battle of Gettysburg, July 2nd 1863 by Don Troiani

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file